Unofficial Portkey Archive

Magical Reunion by alayneni
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Magical Reunion

alayneni

An: Sorry for the really long wait. I hope you like the new chapter.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter

Chapter 11 - The Concert

Ron burst through the doors of the Las Vegas Police Department and headed straight to the counter where a short, bald police officer stood.

"Where is Luna Lovegood?" he demanded.

The man gave him a blank stare before stating plainly that he needed to have a seat and an officer would be with him shortly.

"Al," Danny said coming through the door with Draco and Harry behind him, "Ed said to say hello."

"Danny, nice to see you," the officer greeted him with a large smile. "Give Ed my regards."

"A guest of the Montecito was attacked at the mall and brought here for questioning. You remember how Ed gets when his guests aren't treated properly." Danny said with a frown.

"Yes, I remember clearly." The officer said with a gulp.

"Good, Mr. Weasley needs to see Ms. Lovegood, we would appreciate it if we would be able to talk with her as well." Danny asked politely.

"Sure, I'll just find out what room she's in." The officer said as he turned around and checked a list.

"Interview room 3, I believe you know the way Danny. Here are you passes." Al said handing them four badges marked visitors.

Danny led them down a corridor at the side to a door marked Interview Room 3. Danny knocked and then entered and was surprised to find Luna seated on a chair in between Sam and Delinda. Ron pushed Danny out of the way and made a bee line for her.

"What are you two doing here?" Danny asked Sam and Delinda.

"They needed our statements." Sam said dryly.

"What happened?" Danny asked.

All three girls simultaneously began to explain what happened. Luna was the only member of the group that had been alone during their shopping trip. While wondering the mall she spotted a pet store and went across to observe what animals' muggles considered pets. While there a stranger stopped besides her and they struck up a conversation. He asked her if she wanted to see his puppy. He claimed he had him outside and that he was very unusual and different to a normal dog. It was like a moth to a flame and she followed him outside without a second thought.

Fortunately, Delinda and Sam, who had been looking for Luna and Hermione, saw her exit through the west entrance and followed her out. Once outside the man led her to a brown old Lincoln. He opened the large trunk to show Luna the mysterious puppy. She peered into the trunk and was quite confused to find an empty trunk. He pushed her in and was about to close the trunk on her when Delinda and Sam attacked him from behind.

He was quite unprepared for that and struggled to get the two girls off of him. Delinda was reminded of her altercation a few years earlier when a man tried to forcefully put her in his car. At that time she had been under the influence of a drug but she fought like crazy and eventually broke free of him.

Luna took the opportunity and jumped out of the trunk during the scuffle. The man had backed away from the trunk and was trying to get Sam off of his shoulders. The man saw Luna jump out of the trunk and approach him. It was now 3 on 1 and he struggled harder to free himself of Sam while Delinda continued to throw kicks and punches at him. He managed to back into a car and crush Sam forcing her to relinquish her grip on him. He then turned around and tossed her at Delinda and Luna. He took advantage of the break in their advance and ran to his car and drove off. Sam quickly memorized his license plate before the car disappeared among the mass of cars in the mall.

Mall security arrived shortly after the scuffle and accused the girls of accosting the poor man. Apparently, their fight had acquired a few spectators that called mall security. Sam and Delinda had to explain that the man was about to kidnap Luna and they intervened to prevent it. They were taken back to the security office and the police was called.

Luna felt very uncomfortable in the muggle surroundings and requested that they page Ron for her. The police wanted to take them down to the station for further questioning. They wanted the girls to take a look at some pictures as well as talk to an artist to get a sketch of the suspect.

Sam then explained that the police suspected that the suspect was a serial killer who had already killed four girls. Danny was very pissed that there was a serial killer loose in Las Vegas and the police neglected to inform anyone. In his opinion, everyone should be informed, especially hotel security. This man could have been following them from the Montecito. He would have to ask Mitch and Sarasvarti to go through the tapes and look for anyone matching Sam's description of the man when he got back.

Once things were cleared up Ron told Danny that he, Harry, Draco and Luna would take a cab back to the hotel and Danny said he would take Sam and Delinda back to the mall to get the others and they would meet up later at the club.

Harry guided the group to the back of the building and once the coast was clear they apparated back to the hotel. Ron held tightly on to Luna and side apparated her to his room while Draco and Harry apparated on their own. Once in the hotel room Harry indicated that he was going to go downstairs and wait for Hermione and Ginny in the lobby. Ron nodded and Draco was left alone with the couple.

"Are you ok?" Ron asked Luna softly.

"I'm fine. What did I miss while I was gone?" She asked showing no signs of the trauma she had just been through.

Draco shook his head as he wondered what it took to break Luna's calm exterior.

"Nothing much, Ginny finally came to her senses and dumped Draco." Ron said happily.

"I'm glad at least someone's happy." Draco responded sardonically.

"Draco, I'm so sorry." Luna said moving away from Ron and heading straight to Draco.

Ron looked dumbfounded at his girlfriend.

"It's fine, really. Maybe Ron's right. What was I thinking? A Malfoy and a Weasley!" Draco told her.

"You love her." Luna responded.

"That doesn't matter anymore." Draco choked out. "I think I need some time alone."

"Draco," Luna said as she watched his retreating form exit their room.

"Don't waste your sympathy on him." Ron told his lovely girlfriend as he moved over to embrace her but she shrugged out of it.

"Don't be so cruel. They were good for each other. They matched each other as well as two crumpleys." Luna said.

"But…"

"No buts Ron. Ginny loves him and he loves her, however did you let this mess happen?" Luna asked

Ron looked incredulously at his girlfriend. Did she really expect him to have stopped what happened?

"We have to fix this." Luna stated firmly.

"Luna, love, I think you've been through enough for the day." Ron said as he walked up to his girlfriend and put a hand to her forehead.

"I have an idea." Luna said with a twinkle in her eye that eerily reminded him of his sister and it was at that moment he cursed the close friendship his sister and his girlfriend had.

-*-

Harry waited anxiously in the lobby for the second time that day. He had met Ginny and Hermione as they came in and eagerly whisked them away from Danny and Mike. By that time Delinda and Sam had already filled them in on what happened and they were eager to see if Luna was ok. He told them she seemed her usual self but the girls were hesitant to believe him. They headed straight to Ron's room and barged through the door without knocking causing Ron to be embarrassed by the rather intimate position they found him in.

Sorry they have all said but before they could excuse themselves Luna fixed her clothing and was at Ginny's side expressing her sympathies for her break up with Draco. Ginny suddenly turned into a water fountain of tears and Harry looked helplessly at Ron.

At some point Hermione must have taken pity on Harry and she told him it was ok for him to leave and that they would meet him in the lobby ten minutes before the concert. It was now five minutes before the concert and she was late. She was never late and Harry's mind was begging to run wild with theories of a serial killer and Hermione.

Suddenly the elevator opened and Ginny made a very loud entrance in a skirt that was way too short and a top that hid very little causing Harry to frown, had Ron seen that outfit? Hermione gave Harry and apologetic smile as she came closer with Ginny but Harry really didn't notice as his eyes were still glued to her body. She looked absolutely amazing and Harry had to try very hard to suppress images of him doing things to Hermione that a best friend shouldn't be doing.

"Hi," He greeted both girls but his eyes never left Hermione's as he had finally managed to pull them away from her body to look at her face only to find that the gloss that were on her lips was very inviting.

"Hi, let's head in. It's about to start." Hermione said as she looked on approvingly at the white crisp shirt that Harry wore with black trousers. The shirt wasn't too tight but just tight enough for her to see the outline of Harry's muscles below his shirt. She loved the fact that she could see his biceps and watch them flex and relax as Harry moved them. She thought Harry's arms were perfect and couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to be able to run her hands up his arms and onto his muscular back.

"Yes lets go, oh and Harry you probably shouldn't have worn such a tight pants!" Ginny said as she raced ahead of them.

Harry looked down and was indeed very embarrassed by the bulge that was there but fortunately Hermione seemed to have zoned out for a bit and missed Ginny's comment and took Harry's confused and embarrassed expression as a question about Ginny's behaviour.

"She's still upset. Give her some time but whatever you do, don't mention Draco." She explained to him as he turned away from her.

"Isn't he coming tonight?" Harry asked with his back turned to her as he tried to remember how freezing cold the lake at Hogwarts was. He needed a quick dip in it.

"No, Luna and Ron are with him. Luna was rather concerned he might drink a bit too much tonight. You know how his father was with Firewhiskey." Hermione said wondering why Harry had turned away from her.

"Ron didn't see Ginny." Harry said knowingly as he turned around clasped Hermione's hand in his pulling her in the direction that Ginny had gone in.

"Oh hell no, we kept him far away. We're actually hoping that he might bond with Draco this time. It would be much easier for them if Ron and Draco got along." She said as she relished the fact that Harry was holding her hand.

"I suppose you expect pigs to fly as well." Harry teased her causing her to swot him on his arm with her free hand. He was glad that he had been able to fix his little problem.

"A little faith would be nice Harry." Hermione replied as they entered the club

"I have plenty of faith in you, my lady." Harry replied charmingly causing a slight blush to form on Hermione's face which he couldn't see because of the dark setting in the club and his scanning the crowd to make sure that no one fit the description of the serial killer that Sam had given.

"Oh no, did Ginny just throw herself at that guy?" Hermione exclaimed looking over in the corner where Ginny had disappeared.

"This is going to be a long night, why couldn't we baby-sit Draco instead?" Harry asked

"Because I wanted to come to club and so did Ginny." Hermione responded.

"We better go save that poor bloke though." Harry said as he watched Ginny.

Hermione nodded in agreement and they both set off towards Ginny.

-*-

Danny was standing just off stage observing the crowd at the concert but his eyes kept drifting towards Mary. She looked absolutely gorgeous in the red top and black skirt that she had tried on in the mall but with the effects of the lighting and the extra accessories she added it made him want to jump her right there on the dance floor. He had to keep reminding himself that as head of hotel Security it would reflect very badly on his career to be humping the events coordinator during a PCD concert.

She was currently in a deep conversation with Jake and Danny cursed Mary's popularity with men. Jake had showed up a few minutes ago and found Mary dancing with Harry. It was their first dance of the night as Harry had been rather busy trying to keep a rein on that red head. Hermione seemed quite pleased to be there with him though and he wondered if there was anything there.

Harry was still standing near Mary and Danny felt oddly grateful that Mary wasn't entirely alone with Jake but from Harry's expression he realised that the conversation wasn't going well. He watched as Harry stepped in front of Mary and intervened in the conversation. Jake didn't appear to like this very much and continued his verbal assault. He watched as Harry threw the first punch and caught Jake in the left eye. Jake was sprawled on the floor and Mary was crying on Harry's shoulder. Danny left his post and immediately headed over.

Somehow Hermione and Ginny reached there before him and he watched as Jake got back up and tried to sucker punch Harry but missed and hit Hermione who had stepped in front of Harry to talk to Mary. All of a sudden the lights started going on and off and a few exploded over the dance floor. Hermione fell backwards on to Ginny, who broke her fall on to the floor. Danny caught a glimpse of the murderous expression on Harry's face before it was his turn to punch Jake. He relished in the fact that he had broken his nose with his blow.

People were rushing out of the club and Harry was very worried that Hermione might be trampled. He successfully managed to hand Mary off to Danny and instantly swooped down to collect Hermione in his arms. She was out cold and a bruise was forming on her temple. Ginny was hovering on the side and suggested they head upstairs. She could perform a few healing charms on her. Harry agreed and shot one last look at Jake before he left with Hermione and Ginny.

Danny held on to a sobbing Mary and ordered security to remove Jake to a holding cell where he would deal with him later. He then received orders from Ed to close the club for the night and after making sure Mary was ok, he helped with the close up procedure.

-*-

"Hold on I'm coming." Ginny shouted as she headed to answer the door to Hermione's room.

She thought it was Harry coming to check up on them already. She had shooed him out of the room so that she could change Hermione out of her club clothes and into her pyjamas. Ginny had healed the bruise and determined that Hermione wasn't seriously injured and it was best to leave her to sleep for the rest of the night. She was surprised when she opened the door and found an old man standing in front of her.

"Hello, Ms. Weasley. I am Ed Deline, President of Operations here at the Montecito." He said as he held a hand out to greet her.

Ginny accepted his hand and invited him in but before she could close the door Harry reappeared again and joined them. Ginny introduced them quickly before finally closing the door.

"To what do I owe this honour Mr. Deline?" Harry asked

"Please call me Ed. Is Miss Granger all right?" He asked as he looked over at Hermione sleeping peacefully on the bed.

"She's fine." Ginny replied.

"Good, I want to get straight to the point. Incidents like the one tonight will not be tolerated at the Montecito." Ed said firmly

"But we didn't do anything. I may have thrown the first punch but he started it." Harry tried to defend himself.

"I am not referring to the fight." Ed said seriously but upon seeing the confusion on their faces he decided to elaborate, "The problem with the lighting."

"You think I had something to do with the lighting?" Harry questioned

"I know Mr. Potter. I know that you experienced a loss of magical control when Jake hit her and thus it affected the lights and caused that unfortunate commotion. Auror Fairweather will be here shortly to take your statements. She's assured me that all damages will be fixed." Ed said holding Harry's gaze steady.

"It was an accident." Harry said calmly.

"You are very good at masking your emotions Mr. Potter, but tell me something, is it true that Albus Dumbledore has passed away?" Ed asked seriously.

Harry wasn't sure he heard right until Ed repeated the question and the only response Harry could come up with was "how?"

"How do I know Albus. I met him during one of my oversees visits for work" Ed replied.

"Work?" Ginny questioned

"I used to work for the Central Intelligence Agency." Ed informed him

" CIA," Harry said to Ginny knowing she would only be familiar with the acronym.

"Yes the CIA. I met Albus on one of my missions to England years ago. The American intelligence agencies are very interested in the strange and unusual. In fact, quite a few in the industry know of the existence of the magical world. Contrary to popular belief in the Wizarding world you do an awful job hiding it. The amount of times we had to make up the story of a flying saucer for someone flying on a broom, or aliens invading the earth when one of your magical creatures was on the loose." Ed said as he shook his head.

"But we," Ginny started

"What oblivate people's minds? It's more than that Ms. Weasley. Intelligence agencies around the world analyse information constantly. I believe some of your kind hide whole houses and adjust the neighbourhood to accept the missing house?"

"Yes," Harry said thinking about #12 Grimmauld place. The whole house was hidden from the muggle world.

"Well to someone outside the community the missing house is pretty obvious when you don't adjust the numbering system. In fact I believe MI6 has a list of suspected Magical houses." Ed informed them.

"So if there are muggle agencies that know about the existence of the magical world then why not expose us?" Ginny asked.

"You ever heard the phrase "Let sleeping dogs lie," Ed said.

Harry nodded affirmatively.

Ed laughed. "Interesting that was one of the many things about our world that I taught Albus. The point is the re-introduction of the magical world into the present world is not in our best interest right now. In fact I believe your world is recovering from a gruesome war?" Ed explained.

"Yes but we are at peace now. Professor Dumbledore died during the war eight years ago." Harry explained.

"He was a great man." Ed said sadly.

A moment of silence passed between them in which they both thought of the man that they respected deeply.

"Mr. Potter, please ensure that no more magic will be used at the hotel. Mr. Weasley's wand has already been confiscated and the display downstairs was certainly bad for business." Ed said as he got up to leave.

"I can let myself out." Ed said as he walked over to the door and let himself out.

Harry sat there in a stunned silence and wondered why trouble liked to follow him around.

"Well this trip was certainly more than we bargained for!" Ginny said.

Harry glanced at Hermione and made his way over to the chair opposite her bed.

"I'll stay with her tonight." Harry said in a tone that left no room for argument.

Ginny nodded and left the room without a word.

-->