Unofficial Portkey Archive

Magical Reunion by alayneni
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Magical Reunion

alayneni

An: Another update, though not as fast as the last few!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter

Chapter 14 - Surprises

Hermione desperately tried to recall how she ended up in bed with both Draco and Danny snuggling up to her! She gathered her courage and looked between the sheets and let out a huge breathe of relief when she discovered that they were all still wearing their clothes. That was enough to wake both boys up.

"Uhg where am I?" Danny asked sleepily as he stretched out

"Hmm looks like my beach house." Draco said as he looked at the familiar red curtains that were pushed back enough so you could see the beach. Ginny had hung those curtains there much to Draco's protest.

Danny jumped out of bed at the sound of Draco voice. He looked around the room and then down at his clothes. He too let out a sigh of relief. The last thing any straight bloke needs to have happen is to wake up in a strange room and have another man tell you where you were.

Hermione whispered to Draco "How did we get here?"

"Don't know we must have activated the portkey by accident." Draco responded.

Hermione glared at him. "What portkey?"

"My jacket is a portkey to this place." Draco explained. Before Hermione could question the sense in having a jacket as a portkey, Danny raised the most obvious question.

"Uh Hermione why is there a beach outside? Las Vegas has no beaches!" Danny stated

Hermione and Draco both looked like deer caught in headlights.

-*-

Harry knocked on Hermione's door for the hundredth time since last night and it frustrated him to no end that she still wasn't answering. Harry then tried Draco's room and found no Draco either. He stormed to the elevator to check the bar downstairs or find Sam to determine if she had sent them anywhere but he bumped into someone as the doors opened.

"Oh sorry Mary. I seem to be doing that to you a lot." Harry apologised.

"It's ok. Have you seen Draco or Hermione this morning?" Mary inquired.

"No why?" Harry asked casually trying to cover up his urgent need to see his best friend.

"Danny left with them last night and he hasn't showed up for his morning shift. Ed is really mad. There was some incident with a maid last night. I'm not sure what." Mary said a bit irritated.

"Oh Danny left with them." Harry said very annoyed that Hermione would leave without him, again. He wasn't interested in hearing about a maid that was hotel business.

"Do you know where they are? According to Sam, Draco wanted to go clubbing and requested that Danny escort him and Hermione." Mary replied acidly.

Harry shrugged he had no clue. He cursed Hermione's kind streak, knowing that she would have never let Draco go anywhere by himself in the condition he was in. If they went clubbing, then the blonde wizard most definitely got drunk and probably talked Hermione into doing the same as well. That would mean that they could be anywhere and he hoped that Draco didn't cause Hermione to splinch herself. He would send the young Malfoy to join his parents if he had caused unnecessary harm to his brunette friend.

"How are you this morning?" Mary asked with some concern in her voice.

"I'm good. I think I got all the food out of my hair." Harry said as he bent over for Mary to look at his head.

She ran her hands through it and indicated she agreed with Harry's assessment.

"How about you?" Harry asked with a lop sided smile.

"Spent some time scrubbing but I am happily food free." The Event Coordinator responded.

"Is there going to be any repercussions from the behaviour last night?" Harry asked curiously. He was sure they were all going to be hit with some ridiculous bill for damages done. It was a good thing that the British Pound was higher than the US Dollar.

"I don't know. I know Miss Weasley is meeting with Ed now." Mary explained to him.

"Ouch." Harry said. He had been so wrapped up trying to find Hermione he had completely forgotten to check on Ginny. He had left that job for Luna and he assumed that the loony witch had managed to clam the red head down.

As if Harry had summoned them just by thinking, Ron and Luna appeared in the hallway and quickly moved to join Harry.

"Wow that black eye healed fast." Mary commented to Ron. During the food fight, Sam tried to punch Ginny but Ginny ducked and Ron got knocked straight out. By the time Ron came through, the fight was finished and he was in Luna's room. He had a huge black eye and he took some healing potion to get rid of it before Luna put him to bed.

"He's a fast healer." Harry said. He made a mental note to remind the wizard that they were in the muggle world and healing potions were unacceptable.

"Morning," Ron said as he cradled an open bottle of what Harry recognized as amortenia or love potion.

"Morning, is that for Draco?" Mary questioned as she looked at the bottle of what she thought was cologne.

Ron raised a confused eyebrow as he asked himself why the Amortentia would be for Draco? He was already in love with his sister so giving him the potion wouldn't help the situation. Ron was planning on giving it to Ginny so she would stop this nonsense and run back to Draco. Ginny's temper tantrums were beginning to get a tad bit out of control and the older Weasley was fed up. If he was perfectly honest with himself, she was happiest with Draco and if he had to play cupid and get her back together with the ferret then he would. Her childish behaviour was interrupting everyone's lives and most of all it was depressing Luna.

"Why would you say that?" Luna asked curiously.

"It smells like Danny's cologne unless you're brining it for Harry but I didn't picture Harry as the type to wear this particular sort of Cologne." Mary concluded.

Harry remembered when he was first exposed to the potion. It was in Slughorn's potion's class during his sixth year. Back then it had a slight flowery scent and smelled like Quidditch. It was one of the signs that told him he was falling for Ginny. It still smelt like Quidditch but there was also a strong parchment smell mixed with Vanilla. Harry briefly pondered over the change in smell before Mary asked if everyone was ok as an uncomfortable silence had fallen over the group.

"Yeah, fine" Harry said. Ron and Luna both were huge smirks directed at Mary. Harry briefly ran over the conversation trying to figure out what would have Ron and Luna grinning like Cheshire Cats when he realised it was Mary's comment on the smell. Mary was attracted to Danny. The more Harry thought about it, the more obvious it was. That would explain all the looks she gave Danny and why she always felt a bit threatened by Hermione. Harry smiled. He had a pretext to interfere in Hermione's sudden relationship with Danny and he was going to use it.

"I better get going. I need to let Ed know he isn't here. Are you joining me in the elevator?" Mary asked as she noticed Harry hadn't moved to join her.

"I just need to have a quick word with Ron. We'll catch the other one." Harry said flashing her a charming smile as he pressed the button for the next elevator.

As soon as the doors pinged close and the hum of elevator was heard as it descended, Harry turned to his red head friend and glared at him.

"Two things Ron, one, don't ever use potions in the muggle world and two, you better not be thinking of giving that to Ginny." Harry said dangerously.

"It's the best idea I could think of!" The wizard defended himself.

"Ron, this is the worse idea you have ever suggested. We want them to resolve this issue without the use of love potions or have you forgotten those chocolates you ate that caused you to fall madly in love with Romilda Vane." Harry said seriously.

Ron blushed slightly.

Luna crossed her hands in front of her chest. "I never heard about this."

"Uhh, it's breakfast. Lets go eat." Ron said as he evaded Luna and headed to the second elevator which had conveniently arrived.

-*-

Hermione stared at the unconscious body of Danny on the floor and then looked up to glare at Draco.

"You didn't have to stun him!" Hermione scolded the Slytherin.

"It was the only thing I could think of." Draco explained.

"Now what are we supposed to do?" Hermione asked the blonde wizard.

"I thought that was your department. Weren't you always helping Harry out of tight situations?" He replied acidly.

"Don't give me that tone Malfoy. This is serious. If that witch in Las Vegas finds out about this mess then we're in big trouble." Hermione lectured.

"Then don't let her find out." Draco responded simply.

She scowled at the wizard in front of her. "This is why Slytherin always lost to us!"

"Dumbledore was a Gryffindor and gave you special treatment!" he wined.

"Don't you say anything bad about Dumbledore!" Hermione threatened.

Their argument was cut short by a vibration on the bed.

"Danny's cell phone." Hermione commented.

Draco looked at the object, "It's someone called Ed."

"Oh no, this isn't good. He knows we're magical." Hermione explained to him.

"He knows?" Draco repeated confused.

"Long story, we need to get Danny back now. This is your entire fault Draco!" Hermione stated heatedly.

"My fault," Draco said innocently.

"Yes your fault. What are you doing with a portkey to this beach house anyway?" Hermione asked irritably.

"I have portkey's to all my properties." Draco said defensively.

"Do you have them on you right now?" Hermione asked angrily.

Draco sighed. She was right. He only had the beach house portkey with him. When he tripped at the club he accidentally activated it and since Danny and Hermione were also holding it they came along for the trip. "I wanted to bring Ginny here." Draco said quietly.

"Why?" Hermione questioned

"I was going to propose to her here. She loved this place. She loved the beach and the quiet sound of the ocean. I was going to ask her to marry me here." Draco said fondly and he turned away from the witch so she wouldn't see the lone tear that had started to fall from his right eye.

Hermione was in shock.

"Potter didn't tell you?" Draco questioned as he realised that the news came as a surprise to her.

"No." the brunette witch answered.

"Thought you two told each other everything." Draco mumbled.

Hermione thought so too.

Draco continued to talk about all the grand plans he had for Ginny and himself. The dam had broken and everything was coming out. "I gave Harry the ring when she broke up with me. She doesn't want me anymore and I can't move on. I tried last night but I couldn't. I saw a flash of red hair and I thought it was her. I searched around and I thought I saw her go through the exit so I followed her. Hermione when did I, Draco Malfoy, become such a love sick puppy?' Draco asked

"Draco, love is a powerful thing. You were there when Voldemort was defeated. You should know this by now."

Draco nodded. He did know. He had fallen madly in love with Ginny and had broken everything his father ever taught him to be with her. Was it worth it?

"You could apparate with him back to Las Vegas." Draco told her changing the topic away from his disastrous love life.

"What about you?" Hermione asked.

"I want some time to think to myself." He told her.

"Ok just help me get Danny up." She instructed.

Draco nodded and soon Hermione was supporting Danny's full weight on her shoulder. She gave Draco one last glance before they were both gone with a sharp crack. He was now alone and walked out on to the balcony and sat down in Ginny's favourite spot and stared at the ocean. Hopefully he would find the peace he needed.

-*-

Ed stared at the witch in front of him. She had caused quite a commotion last night and he had to call extra staff out to clean up the pool area. Sam and Delinda were also seated to her right. They also had a hefty role to play in the escapade the night before.

"Miss Weasley, do you realise how much your temper tantrum last night cost the Montecito?" Ed asked sternly.

"Yes, and also my hair, don't forget my hair, Daddy." Delinda said from her seat. She had just had her hair pressed before going to the dinner last night. Naturally, it was ruined since she had to wash all the food out.

Ed turned his stern glare to Delinda and she immediately quietened.

"Now, I'm going to ask nicely and I want you each to answer one at a time and not together, why did the incident happen last night?" Ed said as he looked at Sam.

"I asked Mike.."

"You interrupted us." Ginny spat

"Yo.." Sam started to reply.

"Ladies, didn't I make myself clear, one at a time please." Ed said cutting off Sam's retort.

The girls were quiet again. Ed looked at Sam and motioned for her to continue her explanation.

"I needed to ask Mike about the security arrangements for Mr. Smith's visit to the club downtown." Sam explained calmly as she threw a nasty look at the red head.

"And?" Ed prodded further

"I started to clarify how he would be transported to the club when Ms. Weasley attacked me." Sam stated smugly.

Ed pointed to a video screen and played the footage the night before. It showed the conversation between Sam and Mike.

"You spoke to Mike for a few seconds before Ms. Weasley made a comment then attacked." Ed said refining the details that Sam had given him.

"If you have it all on video then why are we here?" Ginny demanded

"To make sure there is no repeat of this incident." Ed said firmly. "Ms. Weasley, I am warning you, any more of this and I'll be forced to ask you to leave. Do you understand?"

"Yes." Ginny said grumpily.

"Good you can go join your friends at breakfast." Ed said as he reached for his phone to call a member of his security staff to escort the witch out. Mike appeared at the door and Ginny gladly left with him.

Delinda and Sam also stood to leave.

"I didn't indicate that you two could leave." Ed stated

They sat back down.

"I would appreciate it if you give Ms. Weasley a little more respect." Ed said

"Us?" Delinda said. "She has the attitude problem. To think I actually thought of trying to hook her back up with Draco. From what I've seen so far I'm beginning to think he's better off without her."

"Did you just have a selfless thought?" Sam queried.

Delinda scowled at her.

"Enough you two. She's only here for the week. Just bear with her. This is supposed to be a professional hotel and I expect all of my staff to be professional."

Both girls nodded.

"Now onto another issue; a member of the maid staff was found murdered early this morning. It could have been the serial killer. I want you two to be careful and I want you to report anything suspicious immediately to security. This man was at this hotel last night and I intend to find out who he is." Ed stated with a determined look on his aged face.

"What does Danny think?" Delinda asked

"Danny is currently unavailable." Ed replied smoothly.

"Unavailable?" Sam said arching her eyebrows.

Ed smiled at her.

"I'll be having a briefing later with all of the staff to break the news. I'll see you then." He said as dismissed the girls and returned to his work for the day

-*-

Mike carefully escorted Ginny to her room. They had stopped at the elevators before Ginny finally broke the silence.

"Mike, I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to lose my temper." She said as she chewed on her bottom lip.

"Look, its ok. Just don't let it happen again. Ed really doesn't appreciate people damaging his casino." Mike said in his usual voice.

The elevator pinged open and he offered her first entry.

Ginny laughed going in. "You're so much fun to talk to."

"Thanks but do you mind if I ask you a question." He said seriously as he entered the elevator behind her and pressed the button for the ninth floor.

"No." she replied honestly. She was slightly curious as to what he would ask her.

"What did Sam do to you for you to hate her so much?" Mike asked after the doors to the elevators had shut.

Ginny's face soured. She had hoped he would ask her something pleasant about herself.

"If you don't want to talk about it we don't have to" Mike offered politely.

"No it's ok but I'm a bit tired let's sit down inside my room." Ginny said getting off the elevator which had now arrived on her floor. Mike gave her a hesitant look but she used her best puppy dog face and he followed her into her room.

She moved over to the balcony and opened the sliding door. There were two chairs there and they each sat in one. Ginny sat and stared out at the Las Vegas landscape for a while before she spoke.

"Draco brought her sexy lingerie." Ginny blurted out.

"Are you sure about that, I heard differently." Mike said

"I saw him holding it." Ginny said harshly in an effort to defend herself.

"He could be holding it for a number of reasons. I could think of at least five." Mike said.

"It's not only that. She's been doing things for Draco. Offering him stuff; She gave us a few free meals." Ginny said.

Mike laughed.

"What's so funny." Ginny asked with a perfectly manicured arched eyebrow.

"That's her job Ginny but for some reason I think there is something more to this than that." Mike said.

"What makes you say that?" Ginny asked

"I work in security. I've become quite good at getting to the bottom of the situation." He divulged to her.

"It's the hormones." The red head witch replied.

"Hormones?" Mike asked confused.

"I'm pregnant." She stated bluntly.

Mike sat there staring at Ginny. He didn't realise that his mouth was hanging open until Ginny gently reached up and closed his mouth. His mind seemed to kick start and he opened his mouth to ask her another question but so many questions flew through his mind and he just sat there again with his mouth open. Ginny giggled and he closed his mouth.

"You're so cute. I think this is the first time I've ever left anyone speechless." she said thoroughly pleased with herself.

Mike forced the thoughts racing through his head to stop and decided to proceed in a logical manner.

"Does Draco know?" He asked seriously.

"Draco, heavens no." Ginny replied lightly.

"He is the father?" Mike asked fearfully.

"Of course he's the father! What do you take me for, some kind of slut?" She replied angrily as her temper began to flare up again.

"No, I was just wondering why you haven't told him yet?" Mike said carefully. He realised that he would have to watch what he said. She was like a bomb waiting to explode.

"If I told him he would want to get married. I've wanted him to marry me for the last six months. How would I know if he's marrying me because of the baby or because he really wants to?" Ginny explained.

"But if you want to get married what's the difference?" Mike asked but realised too late that that wasn't what he should have said.

"Typical man thinking marriage is marriage. Of course it matters why he does it." She replied angrily.

"But why break up with him and come after me?" He asked perplexed.

"I was hoping he would come after me. I thought if he really did love me he would make the effort but the idiot hasn't done squat!" Ginny bristled.

"I wouldn't exactly say that. Trust me, from a guy's perspective, he loves you. Just tell him. He's the father he has the right to know." Mike said.

"I know but that's the other problem I don't know how to break the news to everyone. My brother will kill me, actually he'll kill Draco first then he'll kill me. Maybe I should tell Ron first that would solve most of my problems." She said thoughtfully.

Mike wasn't sure what to say. "I really think you should tell Draco first. He might surprise you. I think I'll leave you to think it over. I know the way out."

He got up and left her alone to contemplate informing Draco of her situation. She stared off in the direction of the ocean and she remembered the beach house that she and Draco loved to visit. She decided to skip out on the day's activities and spend the day at the beach. The sound of the waves crashing on the shore was exactly what she needed to clear her mind and come to a decision.

She closed her eyes and pictured the beach house clearly in her mind. She felt a familiar squeezing sensation and when she opened her eyes she was standing on the balcony staring out at the ocean. A huge smile formed on her face and she decided to relax on the chair behind her. Her smile soon vanished as she realised that she wasn't exactly seated on a chair.

"Hello love," her chair said to her.

-*-

Hermione paced her room anxiously as she waited for her guest to arrive. She glanced quickly at her bed and was thankful that Danny was still unconscious. A firm knocking on the door roused her from her thoughts and she moved immediately towards the noise. She hesitated for a second before opening the door. She hoped she was doing the right thing.

"Good afternoon Ms. Granger." Ed greeted her.

"Please call me Hermione." She said as she opened the door further for Ed to come in.

He was about to ask her what was so important that she needed him to meet her in her hotel room but his question was answered when he saw an unconscious Danny on the bed. He made a bee line for him and checked his pulse.

"He's fine." The witch told him.

"Who did this to him?" Ed asked angrily.

"It's a long story actually." Hermione responded nervously.

"A brief outline would do." The older man snapped back at her.

"A portkey was accidentally activated last night and we ended up in California. I need a story to explain Danny's absence." She told him.

"You glossed over the part where Danny became unconscious." Ed pointed out

Hermione chewed on her bottom lip as she thought of a gentle way to tell the man in front of her that Draco had stunned his protégé.

"Hermione, I'll let this slide but only because I'm very busy and there are some urgent matters to attend to. I need Danny conscious now." He told her firmly.

She nodded in agreement and retrieved her wand from her dresser to perform the necessary spell. In a matter of seconds Danny's eyes were fluttering open and trying to adjust to the light in the room. Hermione quickly hid her wand and Ed went over to his head of security and slapped him on the face.

"Wake up sleeping beauty!" He said.

"Uh, Ed, what are you doing in my house?" He asked confused.

"Look around Danny, does this look like your bedroom?" the older man retorted.

Danny lifted his head off of the bed and glanced quickly around the room.

"No," he muttered confused as he tried to remember how he got there.

"Then get up. You were supposed to be on duty 2 hours ago." Ed told him sternly.

Danny jumped up instantly and wobbled a bit. Hermione reached out and stabilised him. He gave her a confused look and she tried to offer him a reassuring smile. Ed wasted no time in exiting the room and he stumbled after him quickly. Hermione closed the door behind them and hoped that Danny would be ok. His coordination seemed to be a bit off because of the stunner.

The elevator was open and Ed was waiting in it. He stopped briefly to wonder how Ed always managed to get an open elevator when he was sometimes stuck waiting for minutes for one to appear.

"We have a problem Danny." Ed said seriously as Danny entered the elevator.

Ed pulled three pictures of a blond woman tied up with her throat slit, out of his pocket and showed it to his protégé.

"That was Maria Lopez. She was a maid at the Montecito." He explained.

"This is the same man that did this." Danny said as he looked closely at the pictures.

"Yes, I suspect he came for Ms. Lovegood last night but because of all the commotion he had to opt for someone else." The elevator doors opened and Ed stepped out into the waiting crowd.

"Commmotion? What did I miss last night?" the young man asked him as he put away the pictures before stepping off of the elevator.

Ed refrained from answering until they had made their way through the crowd to the door that would lead them down to the security room.

"Nothing to be concerned with, the priority is Ms. Lovegood. I've reviewed all the camera footage from last night. He didn't abduct Ms. Lopez on the compound. I have reviewed everyone she came into contact with and none of them match the suspect. There are a few men that were here last night that match the description and I'm having a background check run on all of them." Ed said.

"What about protecting Ms. Lovegood?" Danny asked.

"I've noticed you seem to have formed a friendship with Ms. Granger. I want you to use that to get close to Ms. Lovegood. Don't let her out of your sight. The detective and I both agree that someone needs to keep an eye on her. We don't want her to know what's going on. If she knows she might accidentally tip the suspect and he won't reveal himself."

"So you want to use her as bait?" Danny asked

"She's our only lead." Ed replied.

"What about my other responsibilities around here?" Danny asked Ed.

"Don't worry about your responsibilities here. Mike will handle it while your on this assignment. Consider this your punishment for oversleeping in a guests room." Ed said with a wicked smile.

Danny groaned, he knew his boss would bring it up.

"You better get going, Ms. Granger just joined her friends around the pool." Ed said pointing to a monitor.

Danny nodded and headed out but he bumped into Mary on the way there.

"Hi, where have you been?" Mary asked concerned.

"I'm not quite sure but I woke up in Hermione's room." He told her truthfully.

"Oh," Mary said as a hurt looked passed over her face and Danny found the need to explain himself.

"Nothing happened." He told her.

Mary crossed her arms in front of her chest and glared at him. "How can you say that if you're not quite sure what happened?"

"Look Mare, I can't talk now. Why don't you meet me for dinner later and I'll explain everything." Danny said hopefully.

"Why don't you have dinner with Hermione instead?" Mary asked sourly stopping Danny in his tracks. He spun around quickly and faced her.

"No, why would I be having diner with her." Danny asked confused.

"I don't know, I just thought that's what guys did with their girlfriends." Mary chided.

"Girlfriend? Hermione isn't my girlfriend Mary. In fact I wouldn't even stand a chance with her. She's too hung up on her friend." Danny said with a slight smile as he realised that Mary was jealous.

"Really," Mary said slightly embarrassed. She could feel her cheeks turning pink and tried to look away.

Danny reached up and turned her face back to his. "You're really cute when you blush like that." She blushed even more.

Danny smiled and he slowly leaned in and kissed her softly on her lips. It felt great to finally kiss her after all of this time but a part of him told him that she wasn't his yet and it wasn't right.

"Sorry," He muttered as he withdrew. "I have to go."

He left her standing there in shock. She gently touched her hands to her lips as she watched Danny's back moving away from her.

-*-

Hermione joined Harry, Ron and Luna, who were around the pool having lunch.

"Hi guys," She said as she took a chair around their table.

"Where have you been?" Harry asked worriedly as he moved closer to her. He subtly let his eyes roam over her body looking for marks or injuries.

"Honestly Harry, I'm fine." Hermione said to him. His actions never went unnoticed by her.

The raven head wizard had the decency to look ashamed but he couldn't help it if he worried about her. She quickly filled them in on what had happened earlier that morning. A waitress appeared and Hermione ordered a heavy lunch since she hadn't eaten since the night before.

"Was Ed angry?" Luna asked when the waitress went away.

"Sort of," Hermione responded to her friend.

"Did Danny ask any questions?" Harry asked. They could be in serious trouble if he suspected anything.

"No, as soon as he woke up Ed steered him away from asking questions and focused him on the fact that he was supposed to be at work and not sleeping." The brunette witch explained.

"You left Draco at the beach house?" Ron asked suddenly.

"Yes," she answered slowly trying to figure out where Ron's sudden interest in Draco came from.

"At least we know where he is. Ginny seems to have disappeared now." Luna stated.

"Speaking of Ginny, she's been acting strange ever since we arrived. Do you know why?" Hermione asked Luna.

"I wish I knew." The blonde replied worriedly.

"I thought she was jealous of Sam and Delinda?" Ron said.

Hermione rolled her eyes at how dense Ron could be. "It's more than that Ron."

"I caught Ron earlier with some love potion." Harry told her.

Hermione frowned at her red headed friend. "That is not the solution Ron. You out of all people should remember what happened with you and Romilda Vane."

"Yes, what exactly did happen with Ron and Romilda Vane?" Luna asked leaning forward.

"Uh….." Ron said he anxiously pulled at his collar and looked for an easy escape route.

-->