Unofficial Portkey Archive

Mo Chroi by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Mo Chroi

Harrys Mistress

Man, has it been crazy for me! For awhile there I didn't think I was going to finish this story! To be honest I'm still worried about that, my schedule doesn't get any better! But this weekend I'm totally open, so hopefully I'll find time to write. Here's the next chapter. Kind of short and sappy and sweet.


~HM

Chapter 5

It was still dark when Harry slipped out of bed, kissing Hermione's brow before heading to the shower. Knowing fully that this might be his last shower, he made the water extra hot and lingered a tad bit longer.

Harry walked out of the bathroom, toweled off and tugged on his jeans and a fresh shirt. He then sat on the edge of the bed and watched her sleep soundly on her stomach, with the sheets pooled at her waist and her wild brown hair spread out behind her.

He knew it would be best to walk away. Kiss her one last time and quietly sneak out, but he wouldn't do that. Couldn't do that. He promised he would wake her, just as she promised that she would stay behind. So he leaned down and kissed her, slowly, sweetly, murmuring her name until he felt her begin to stir.

"Mmm…Harry?"

Harry playfully nipped her ear. "Better be."

With her eyes still closed, she grinned lazily while he continued to assault her face with kisses. She finally rolled onto her back, opening her arms to him as their mouths met in a slow, drugging kiss. Just as Harry was about to sink into her arms, he pulled away on a groan. "I can't," he breathed.

Hermione studied Harry's face in the soft glow of the lit oil lamp on the bedside table, then frowned when she noticed he was dressed. "It's time?" she asked sitting up as she held the sheets over her breasts.

"Yes," he said softly then felt his heart rip in two when her eyes shimmered with tears. "Don't. Please don't cry, baby, I can't stand it."

"I'm sorry," she said chocking back the tears. "It's just….oh, Harry."

She threw her arms around him, holding him tight, reminding him of so many hugs she gave him in the past. "I'll beat him," he assured her as he stroked her hair. "I swear I will."

"I know you will," she whimpered softly. "That's not what I'm afraid of."

Harry didn't have to ask what she was afraid of. "Hermione…"

"I need you to promise…"

"Hermione," he sighed leaning back to cradle her face with his hands. "I can't promise that, because I can't be sure I won't break it."

"But you can promise to try," she said gripping both wrists and looked desperately into his eyes. "You can promise me…right here…right now…that you'll do everything in your power to come back to me."

"If you'd ask me that twenty-four hours ago, I wouldn't have been able to promise you." He paused, caressing her cheek softly, lovingly. "But now…I can look at you and promise I will do everything I can to get back to you. I have something to live for now."

"You're damn right you do," Hermione said almost angrily as she choked over her tears. "You've always had something to live for, Harry."

"I know," he said softly wiping away her tears. "Thanks for reminding me."

"That's what I'm here for," she whispered, smiling through her tears before their lips met again.

"I have to go," he said sadly after awhile, pulling away reluctantly. "Many of the Aurors have already left, hoping to clear the path for me as much as possible. I've prolonged it long enough."

"Are you going alone?"

Harry touched her cheek. "No, Remus and a few other Aurors are heading out with me. I won't be totally alone."

She nodded quickly, pressing her lips tightly together as she tried to stay strong. "Okay," she said taking a deep breath. "Let me…Let me get dressed and I'll walk with you to the door."

Harry smiled softly and shook his head. "No, Hermione…please. I need you to stay here. This is how I want to leave you…a moment when it's just you and me. I want to kiss you goodbye right now and if I make it…I'll be waiting for another kiss from you. And many more to follow."

She sighed, touching his cheek softly as his words touched her heart. "All right. If that's what you want."

"Well…what I want is to take you far away from here where I can have you all to myself and live a long normal life with you."

Hermione's lips curved. "That sounds nice."

"Maybe one day."

She shook her head. "One day," she corrected.

He smiled softly. "Okay." He kissed her gently, slowly, lingering as long as he could. "I have to go," he whispered against his lips. "I don't want to…but I have to."

"I know," she cried softly, hugging him tight. "Take me with you. No, not physically," she said when he started to protest. "Take me inside you. In your head. In your heart. I want to be with you…every step of the way."

"You will be." He pressed his lips against her hair, breathed in her scent and mentally added it to his memory. "You always were…even when I didn't know it. Hermione, I love you."

Hermione shut her eyes tight, as she held him tight. "I've been waiting what seems like forever to hear you say that to me."

"I've been waiting forever to say it." He kissed her temple, then nuzzled her neck. "You going to say it back?" he mumbled playfully in her ear.

She sobbed out a laugh. "Yes." She leaned back until their foreheads touched and their eyes met. "Harry, I can't remember a time in my life since you first walked in it when I didn't love you."

That made him smile, fully knowing what she said was the truth. She had always been there for him, even with the smallest of things. When he was hurt, she was the first person he'd see when he woke up. When he needed help, she was the first to offer it. When he was worried, she was the first to try to ease his worry. She had been his rock. His everything for so long, he was astounded he never realized it.

"I love you," Harry," she continued before he could say anything. "No one loves you the way I do. No one ever will."

Harry's vision blurred as the tears formed and he quickly laughed out a curse as he fought them back. "Dammit, I'm about to go and battle against the source of all evil and you've got me blubbering."

Hermione laughed, cupping his face and kissed him over and over again. "Nothing to be ashamed of, Harry. Love is your secret weapon. Don't forget that."

"I won't." He sighed gripping her wrists and looked into her eyes. "Now kiss me one last time…and make it a good one. I need something to carry with me."

"Then carry this." She shifted her head and grazed her lips with his, flirting, teasing, before slowly tasting with her tongue.

Harry made no gesture or movement, wanting her to take direction of what could be their last kiss. She nipped at his bottom lip, then her tongue flirted and danced with his, savoring every moment, taking in everything.

When he was out battling Death Eaters and Voldemort, he would remember this and hopefully it would give him strength. "I have to go," he said softly, reluctantly pulling away. "I love you."

"I love you, too," she whispered then leaned up and kissed his scar. "Be safe."

Harry lingered for another moment, then sprung up from the bed quickly, because he knew if he didn't he would be tempted to stay there forever. He walked to the door, opened it, then turned to give her one last look. She was sitting up in the middle of the bed, with the sheets pulled up, her hair wild and her lips bruised from his kisses and her eyes were wet with tears. "I'll see you when I see you." He then gave her one last smile and closed the door behind him.

Alone, Hermione wept.