Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Heir of the Founders by TheColdTurkey
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Heir of the Founders

TheColdTurkey

A.N: As I type this out right now, I'm unsure of who may be dead by the end of the Weasley affair. Suffice it to say you could probably guess who won't die....but that number is pretty small. Only about five or six characters are truly safe at this point....and that's only because I have use for them later in the story (and its sequels). Everyone else is fair game...

To start off, remember that as far as the population at large of the wizarding world is concerned, Hermione Granger is a Death Eater for now. Only the intimate characters close to her think differently.

Chapter 19: Battle at the Burrow

Cornelius Fudge was not a happy Minister for Magic.

Calls for his head had been set aside for the moment, given that the savior of the wizarding world had gone missing thanks to that muggle-born turncoat Hermione Granger, of that much he was certain. Like any calculating politician, he knew when the winds of change were blowing against him, and almost overnight his stock had plummeted from being the stalwart against radicals like Dumbledore and Potter to being considered a blind nitwit who couldn't see past the end of the nose on his face.

Idly he scrunched his face and smoothed out his robes as he listened to Dumbledore drone on about something particularly unimportant in the hunt for Potter and Granger. Fudge didn't really care, as long as Potter remained at large he was safe. He could still be a rock of stability.

Of course, if he could find the boy first and save him from the clutches of this Granger woman, then everything could be turned even more to his advantage. That above all else was paramount.

"Cornelius are you listening to me," Dumbledore asked, a frown on his face. Fudge set aside his machinations and looked at the elder wizard with disdain. How this senile old fool still held more power than him was a mystery to him. Every chance he had tried to discredit him and break free of his shadow had failed. Of course it was partially because of Albus that he had become minister for magic in the first place...but that was ancient history as far as Fudge was concerned. Now, he was a hindrance to Fudge cementing his power permanently, and hindrances deserved to be removed.

"Yes Albus," Fudge said with a fake smile. "We'll find the boy yet. I have aurors searching day and night for him. We've gone to twelve hour shifts round the clock." Albus raised an eyebrow towards him, but said nothing in response. Fudge made a motion to glance at his watch and he huffed in mock hurriedness. "I'm afraid I must attend to a meeting with the Unspeakables Albus. I'll call your office later and we can chat then." Albus nodded, having no real desire to be greeted by the Unspeakables on this particular occasion. Slowly he stood up, cordially shaking hands with Cornelius before turning to leave, aware of the scowl that was forming on Fudge's face the moment that Albus opened the door and began to leave.

As he wandered down the hall he thought long and hard about what exactly he would do when Potter came back from hiding. He couldn't just wash his hands of everything that had happened and send him back to the Dursley's, that was no longer an option. With Caliban actively searching for him, it might just be safer to lock Potter away from everyone...

If what the two Weasleys knew of the situation was true, he would have to do things to mend fences with the boy. For now he'd probably have to accept that he was going to be friends with the Granger girl...at least until Albus could move things along to set him up with young Ginny Weasley. Arthur could no longer be counted on in that department, and he knew that Mrs. Weasley was wracked with guilt about that. Perhaps more financial intimidation would be necessary.

Of course, he couldn't take everything that he had read at face value. The Weasleys were frustratingly difficult to read with legilimency, for whatever reason. Molly was rather easy, not being a Weasley by birth, but Arthur was a puzzle that Albus sometimes couldn't crack. All of the children had exhibited this same family trait in varying degrees. Ronald and Charles for example were the easiest to read, while William and Percy were middle of the road. The twins had been the most difficult, and Ginevra was turning out to be more like them than her youngest elder sibling.

If worse came to worse, he reminded himself as he got back on track, and the circumstances were correct, he could always temporarily use the imperious curse on Harry...at least until you could reinstitute some compulsion charms and loyalty potions into the boy's system, followed by a healthy bit of memory modification. He'd probably take direct control of the boy.

It crossed his mind that he had tried the same thing 60 years ago when he was grooming the next Minister for Magic in young Tom Riddle...but that it had gone horribly awry. Needless to say, he wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

Albus looked up and mentally cursed himself when he saw who was fast approaching him. Three individuals, two men and a woman, each dressed in ceremonial black robes with an ornate sun symbol as the clasp were walking towards the Ministers office. The Unspeakables. Though Albus hadn't kept up entirely with the members of the Department of Mysteries (he knew their operatives were everywhere but didn't know who they were), he knew these three.

The two in the back were the representatives on the Wizengamot as far as the Unspeakables were concerned...or at least two of the representatives. The head Unspeakable Lazarus was also an elder member of the body, though the house he represented had long since been declared extinct to the point where only Albus knew his true identity. Malcolm Greengrass and Clarissa Zabini were both junior Unspeakables as far as Albus knew, and simply were the political arm of the otherwise autonomous department. They represented the department in all budgetary matters, which is what Albus assumed the meeting with Fudge was about.

They flanked an older man, who's short blonde hair and slightly distant eyes were a dead family giveaway. Albus had known Jeremy Lovegood back in the 40's when he had been a student at Hogwarts. He considered him a bright, albeit slightly deranged individual, always obsessed with security and protection. Security of what he wasn't quite certain, but that was beside the point. Albus put on a fake smile, knowing full well that these three wouldn't be fooled at all by his charade.

"Hello Jeremy," he cordially stated, causing the three to stop in their tracks. "Malcolm. Clarissa." The three of them cocked their heads slightly, staring at Albus in a somewhat unnerving way. Jeremy was the only one who spoke.

"Albus....how is Hogwarts these days?"

"Well, Jeremy. And I can say your daughter is doing quite well too."

"That's nice to know. Now if you'll excuse us...we have a meeting to get to."

Albus nodded, not wanting the conversation to extend further. His hair went even more white when he heard the telltale sound of a walking stick falling to the ground. Slowly he glanced over Jeremy's shoulders and saw a short, hunched over ancient, hobbling his way towards the group. Lazarus no longer struck an imposing figure as Albus no doubt assumed he had in his youth, but he was still a formidable presence. Especially to someone with Albus' gifts. The magic radiating off the man spoke of age, wisdom, and above all else power.

"Albus," the old man croaked, a toothless smile emerging on his wrinkled face. "We were just talking about you a few days ago old friend." Albus knew that Lazarus was a blatant liar...they had long ago ceased being friends. Especially after the demands Albus had placed on him a few years prior.

"How are things in the Department Lazarus," Dumbledore asked, quickly changing the subject to a much more manageable one.

"They are coming along quite nicely," Lazarus said thoughtfully, "Although we can certainly do without any of your little...adventures...in the future Albus." He gave a sly grin. "But I suppose everything turned out for the best as far as you're concerned.

Albus nodded his head, unfazed. Bowing and taking his leave, he hurriedly rushed past the four Unspeakables and made his way to the nearest fireplace to get back to the safety of his office.

As he rushed by, Jeremy leaned forward and spoke to his mentor. "You should have obliviated him when you had the chance sir."

"Perhaps you are right Jeremy," Lazarus said with a small tinge of regret in his voice. "Or perhaps not. Time will tell. He may yet have a part to play in the Grand Scheme of Things." Jeremy's eyes went more focused than normal, but Lazarus waved him off. "We won't discuss such things in these unfriendly confines. Now come, I understand we have a budget meeting to attend to." Jeremy nodded, his eyes returning to their former state, before they began marching towards Fudge's office yet again, the three junior members flanking their elder leader at a steady clip behind him.

/ - / - / - /

Arthur Weasley closed the latest copy of the Daily Prophet, fuming. The nerve of Dumbledore to outright call Hermione a Death Eater, he thought to himself, and without a single shred of evidence. Whatever Snape had said in the meeting seemed to strike a chord with Dumbledore to the point where he would haphazardly make this leap of logic. Whatever it was, Arthur hadn't the slightest clue, it still didn't justify this course of action as far as he was concerned.

To be quite frank he was tired with Dumbledore's subtle interference in his family's life. If it weren't for the fact that Albus had saved them all those years ago, he wouldn't have stood for it this long. As it was he was quickly gnawing on his last nerve. Sighing to himself, he leaned back in his chair, rubbing his temples as he did. Everything was becoming more and more complicated as things wore on. Back in the old days, with the old house, with the old Order, everything was much simpler. Even when the time of burnings occurred and the darkest days were yet ahead of the Weasley family, Arthur seemed to feel that he had a grasp on things. Now that control was slipping through his fingers, and he felt powerless to stop it.

As he opened his eyes after rubbing them to fight the oncoming headache, he saw his wife wander into the living room. Her fact was downtrodden, with worry stretching at the lines at her eyes. She slumped down next to Arthur, her eyes flashing to the copy of the family clock that she had made and had placed in practically every room. When she was satisfied that everyone in her family was safe and sound for the time being, she let out a small sigh of relief. Turning to Arthur, she tried to hide her obvious worry and discomfort, but failed miserably.

"Molly," Arthur began, "You can't be doing this to yourself. You'll be sick with worry." She hung her head in resignation as she realized her ruse had failed. "I'm sure that Harry is fine, wherever he is. And certainly you can't believe this rubbish about Hermione." Molly looked away a bit, formulating her response. Arthur stared at her blankly. "You don't believe it, do you?"

Molly sighed. "I'm sure what to think dear," she said with exasperation pulling at her voice. "Professor Dumbledore has done so much for us...and even though none of it makes sense, it's hard not to believe him." She let out a sigh, again glancing up at the clock. "I have to believe that everything we've done on his behalf is for the better Arthur. If not, then what does that make us?"

Arthur looked Molly square in the eye, trying to offer every last bit of support he could. "No one is perfect Molly. If we've made mistakes, it's because we were led astray by a man who, its clear to me at least, has some kind of ulterior motive. I'm not sure what it is, and maybe in the end it will be for the best." He paused a moment, contemplating whatever his next course of action would be. If he was going to break with Dumbledore, this might be his only chance to do so.

His thought process was interrupted by a solid knock on the door. Arthur and Molly turned towards the door, and then towards one another. They certainly weren't expecting anyone. Cautiously, Arthur approached the door, holding his wand at the ready. He opened the door, pointing his wand at the figure on the other side, almost immediately letting out a sigh of relief when he saw who it was.

"Amos," Arthur said softly, dropping his wand to his side, "You scared me half to death."

"Sorry about that Arthur," Amos Diggory said with a smile on his face. "May I come in," he firmly asked.

"Yes, of course." Arthur turned away, not noticing the glint of pleasure in Amos Diggory's face as he stepped through the doorway. The two men quickly walked over to the family room, and Amos greeted Molly cordially. "Would you care for a cup of tea Amos," Arthur asked. Amos politely shook his head.

"No, I'm afraid I'm here on...Order business." The mood quickly darkened. "Mad-Eye wanted me to drop by and tell you about the new meeting place." Arthur raised an eyebrow at this.

"Albus didn't tell us that you had joined the Order," he quietly said. Amos simply shrugged, tapping his watch discreetly a couple of times. Molly took the opportunity to glance up at the clock in the room as she often did, and she automatically froze at what she saw.

Four of the hands had swung all the way to Mortal Peril.

The next several seconds were a blur. There were two soft pops and a pair of stunners fired directly at the Weasley adults. Arthur attempted to dodge both of the stunners, only to be knocked back by another one from Amos Diggory. The three individuals stood over their prey, as Molly and Arthur each tried to get to their feet to fight of their attackers. "Catena!" was yelled by the youngest of the three, and the only one wearing a Death Eater mask. The other newly arrived person was recognized by Arthur with fear. It was Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Hello traitors," Bella said in a singsong voice as she twirled her wand around, taunting the two of them. "We've come to have a little discussion with you." Arthur tried to sit defiantly, as did Molly, who simply glared at Amos.

"Who are you?" she demanded to know, garnering a snicker from "Amos." In a matter of moments, Diggory's features began to shift, and he screamed out in a bit of pain as he grew slightly taller and more aged. His robes shifted to that of midnight black, with a belt with several pouches wrapped around his waist. Caliban stared at his prey, his smile never wavering.

"Mr. Diggory sends his regards," Caliban said with a sinister tone to his voice. "I'm afraid he's now permanently...indisposed." Caliban leaned forward, staring directly at Arthur. "I hear the Weasleys are notoriously loyal...we'll have to see now won't we. If Dumbledore is hiding the boy....then you will know where he is."

"Even if we did we wouldn't tell scum like you," Arthur said fervently....spitting on Caliban in the process. Caliban wiped his face, staring at his hand for a moment. His eyes wandered towards the side for a moment, before a smile came over his face again. In one quick motion he turned and fired some kind of spell wordlessly, his hand firmly planted on his temple as he did so. There were two soft thumps in the room adjacent. Caliban motioned for Bella and the masked Death Eater to retrieve the two individuals he had mentally stunned.

Molly and Arthur's eyes widened in fear when they saw the unconscious forms of their two youngest children, bound in chains, thrown at their feet.

/ - / - / - /

18 months into training

The sounds of birds chirping, simulated to act as an alarm of sorts, is what awoke Harry this morning. He yawned a bit, stretching out slightly, but gently moving when he felt a warm presence at his side. Hermione seemingly protested his movement, nestling up closer to him and wrapping her arm around his chest as she struggled to stay asleep. Harry smiled, placing his head on her head and slowly stroking her hair. He sighed contently, feeling that encapsulated in this one moment was all the joy he had been denied for so long in his life.

He and Hermione had started sharing the same bed regularly following his proposal about three months earlier, by his count anyway. It was hard to keep track of exactly how much time had elapsed they had been so busy. But the training had certainly been well worth it. In addition to increasing their raw magical potential exponentially, Harry and Hermione had managed to work together to increase spell knowledge, innate combat skills, and general physical ability. Hermione had also mastered the animagus transformation, her form being one that fit her quite well: an owl.

There was a flutter of noise near his window, causing Harry to raise his eyebrow in suspicion. Softly he disengaged from Hermione's embrace, allowing her to remain asleep despite the absence of her Harry-sized pillow. He tiptoed over to the window, glancing outside for the first time in a while. There he saw Hedwig fluttering at the windowsill, Thoth not far behind. Harry noticed that they were closer to the house then they should have been able to be....which meant only one thing.

In a rush, he walked over to Hermione, still making sure to gently wake her. "Mione," he whispered, shaking her softly. Despite a few initial protests, she finally sighed and creaked one eye open.

"Whaisit," she mumbled in between yawns, still groggy from the pleasant dreams she had been having. Harry stared down at her, mesmerized for a moment, before he shook himself back to his reason for waking her.

"The spell has worn off," he said plainly, and to this Hermione rose from bed a bit quicker. "It's been a year and a half," Harry said, almost a hint of sadness in his voice. Going back had been something he hadn't wanted to discuss so soon. He simply wanted all this to last forever, away from the war....away from the prophecy....away from everything.

"Harry," Hermione asked, concern in her face. Harry turned to her and his sadness faded away almost instantly. He couldn't do that to Hermione, though she'd probably go along with it if he asked. And also he couldn't do that to himself. He had spent the first ten years of his life hidden away from the world, and in some ways had remained that way the last five years. It was high time he took on the world head on.

All the better if he had the woman he loved by his side.

"I guess we should figure out our next move eh?" he said. Hermione bit her bottom lip, sitting down on the bed, ignoring the fact that she was half-naked at the moment given the comfort level that had developed between the two of them. Leaning back, she stared directly at Harry.

"In addition to Professor Lupin," she began, "I think we can bring Ron in on everything that Dumbledore did to you, Harry." Harry thought long and hard about this idea. He trusted Ron implicitly, but he was still questioning how much his family might have been involved Dumbledore's manipulations. Something Ron said in his letter back to Harry, about Harry not liking what Ron would have to tell him gave him a great amount of pause.

"I agree," he finally said. "He's our best friend, he deserves to know." He paused a moment before adding, "I don't think we should tell him about the Founders though. Dumbledore could read his mind. Unless we can teach him occulumency or until the Wizengamot meeting."

"Speaking of which," Hermione said, summoning her bra from across the room nonchalantly. "We need to see Professor Lupin. He might have dug up some information on how you can go about claiming your seats."

"I've done some research in that area too. It's fascinating some of the archaic laws that are still on the books as it pertains to the ancient houses. But first we should see Ron before anything, he might still be worried sick about us."

Hermione bit her bottom lip again. "You know that Dumbledore might show up if we appear at the Burrow."

Harry's features immediately darkened. "I realize that," he said. Noticing the worried look on Hermione's face, "Look I promise I'm not going to kill him the first time I see him. He's still far too powerful in a political sense for me to deal with that way. I think once we have Rita in place and I can take some power on the Wizengamot, we'll be able to more accurately deal with Albus Dumbledore." He smiled when Hermione did and helped her to her feet. "But we can eat some breakfast first. The Burrow will still be there when we finish."

/ - / - / - /

Ron's head was throbbing, that was the only thing he could feel inside the blackness of the moment. He groaned, struggling to open his eyes. Slowly they fluttered open as he tried to remember where he was and what he was doing. He remembered hearing an explosion from downstairs, and he and Ginny had raced down to find out what it was. He remembered spying on three....

It suddenly hit him in a flash and his eyes went wide. Immediately he began to struggle against the chains that held him together, gasping in surprise when he was levitated to a sitting position in a chair in front of him. He turned his head and saw his sister next to him, also beginning to regain consciousness. Next to him on his left side was his father, bleeding from the mouth, but his eyes staring defiantly ahead. There was a similar posture from his mother, and at last Ron turned to face his assailants.

He almost gulped when he saw Bellatrix Lestrange staring right at him, her manic eyes dancing back and forth in her somewhat empty head. Next to her was a masked man that Ron thought he recognized from the long blonde hair sticking out of his hood. However he couldn't place him no matter how hard he tried. In between the two of them was an older man, his violet eyes almost filled with mirth, twinkling madly as they stared right through him.

"I see then," he said with a hint of pleasure in his voice. "So the two young ones have been in contact with young Harry. Very interesting. Very interesting indeed."

Ron's face went pale. How could he possibly know about that? Was he using that legilimency that Harry was talking about studying with the greasy git last year? He had only seen twinkling like that once before, in the eyes of Dumbledore. He tried to turn to Ginny nonchalantly to get some guidance, feeling the stares of his parents at the back of his head. However Ginny was still to out of it to adequately help Ron out of this jam.

"I don't know what the bloody hell you're talking about," Ron spat out, bluffing completely. The man's features quickly became much more fierce, and he pointed his wand straight at Ron, muttering a single word.

"Crucio..."

The pain would have dropped Ron to his knees almost immediately, and he certainly couldn't help from crying out in anguish. Muffled by his own cries he heard the screams of his mother and father as they watched on helplessly. Ron doubled over as much as the magical chains that surrounded him would let him, feeling like every inch of his body was being stabbed by searing hot knives. After what seemed like an eternity, the jagged crimson beam was let up, and Ron was left sitting hunched over, gasping from breath, still crying out in agony.

"Perhaps you will learn not to lie to me in the future blood traitor," the older man spat out. He paused a moment, glancing over at Ginny, and then at the Weasley parents. "Still, perhaps you don't know anything. Perhaps this is all just a clever ruse, after all...the Weasley's are notoriously difficult to read with legilimency...for whatever reason. I suppose being natural occulumens simply runs in the family. And talented though I might be in the mental arts, I don't know how much I can trust you all." He paced back and forth, staring at each Weasley in turn for a few seconds before moving on to the next. "If you are lying, then I know of an easy way to lure the truth out of you."

"We don't know anything," Molly pleaded, tears running down her face, her facade by the signs of seeing her children hurt in front of her eyes.

"Maybe....maybe not," the man replied, "I know you don't share the talent of natural occulumens cousin Molly, given that you, like me, are of the Prewitt line. But while you may not know, perhaps your loving husband does."

He turned to Arthur, who though he was hurt to the core by seeing the onslaught on his youngest biological son, maintained his defiant and stoic countenance. "Arthur Weasley....yes I remember you from the first war. Your love of muggles has gotten you in more trouble than you care to mention I'd venture. How ever could you abandon your pureblood heritage Arthur, your father would be so disappointed in you?"

"Leave him out of this," Arthur vehemently said. "And we don't know anything. So just get out of here."

"Since when are you in the position to make demands traitor!" Bellatrix joined in, literally spitting in Arthur's face. The third man, seemingly younger than the rest, did nothing, much to Ron's surprise when he could coherently formulate a thought together through the veil of pain he was being put through.

"Perhaps a little motivation will jog your memory Arthur," he said, turning towards Ron and Ginny. "But which one should it be....the boy's best friend....or the mudblood whom the master took a liking to some time ago." He moved back and forth between the two, pointing his wand at each of them.

"No, please, spare them!" Molly pleaded, earning a well placed bonebreaking curse on her arm from Bellatrix.

"I have a splendid idea," the man said as if he had just made some earth shattering discovery. "Why don't you kill the girl....apprentice." He turned to the masked man, who stared back with something akin to wonder in his cold grey eyes.

"Me?" he seemed to question, his voice muffled by some unseen force.

"Yes, you. It's high time you show your strength as a Death Eater. You know the incantation, now get on with it!" The man moved to the side, and the boy hesitantly lifted his wand towards Ginny, who had finally regained consciousness. Molly cried out in horror, while Arthur struggled vainly against his restraints. Ron could only stare in horror and shock at what he was seeing.

The boy held his wand at a shaking pace, seemingly debating internally with himself as to what to do. Ginny tried to keep a brave face, but fear shone through like a lantern in the darkness, illuminating every end of her face. Finally, the boy summoned as much resolve as he could and yelled "AVADA...."

He never finished the spell. He screamed in pain as he was fired back from his position with a loud bang, slamming hard against the wall and lying their unconscious. Bellatrix and the other man stared at the fallen Death Eater, with the man shaking his head in frustration.

"The fool," he muttered to himself. "I'll deal with you later mudblood." He turned back to Ginny and Ron, staring straight at Ron. "When you want to get a job done..." he said, pointing his wand at Ron. Immediately Ron got a wide-eyed look in his face, fear gripping at the very edges of his soul, the lingering effects of the cruciatus a distant memory in the one moment before oblivion.

"EXPELLIARMUS!"

Twin beams shot out and struck Bellatrix and the other man, disarming them immediately. A variety of other spells flew towards them, and almost immediately the man through up some kind of shield, scooping up Bella in the process and taking cover. Ron turned his head to the voices, and immediately his hopes were sprung anew.

"HARRY! HERMIONE!" he shouted, causing everyone else to turn at the new figures in the room. Ron was gobsmacked at their appearance, not just the obvious bit of them being there, but the appearance they had taken. Harry had grown nearly six inches since the last time Ron had seen him, and his glasses were auspiciously missing. He had also filled out considerably as far as musculature was concerned. But most of his attention was on Hermione. His jaw practically dropped when he saw how stunningly gorgeous she was in her righteousness. Harry and Hermione both walked over to the Weasley's breaking the magical chains that bound them.

"Where have you been!" Molly immediately asked, gripping Harry in a ferocious bear hug. She also hugged Hermione, seemingly having made her decision concerning the muggle-born witch's loyalties in her own mind.

"It's a long story," Harry said solemnly, turning back towards the still raised shield. Behind it he saw Bellatrix, a person who made his blood boil, and another person he didn't quite recognize. Oddly enough he looked a bit like the younger Dumbledore Harry remembered having seen in Tom Riddle's diary all those years ago, but that was probably just coincidence, Harry decided.

"Well well, it would appear our little plan worked," the man spat out in anger. "But of course allow me to introduce myself. I am Caliban de Montesquieu, personal tracker to the Dark Lord. And at last I meet the famous Harry Potter. I've been longing for this day for quite some time." Harry clinched his fist around his wand, as did Hermione.

"You're going to pay for everything you've done Death Eater," Harry said triumphantly. Bellatrix looked ready to attack, but Caliban held her back, instead reaching behind him.

"Accio Apprentice!" The masked Death Eater flew towards Caliban, and he held him at his side after a wandless feather-light charm. "As much as I'd like to test myself on this day, I will not. But rest assured Mr. Potter, we will meet again, now that I have your signature fully memorized." He smiled, reaching into his belt for a small orb that he held discreetly in his hand. "But until then, allow me to give you something to remember me by." Instantly he tossed the orb onto the floor, causing blue smoke to fill the room. "AVADA KEDAVRA!" Caliban shouted, and the sickly green beam shot out of his wand, stopping at a body and causing a large thump to the floor. There were two loud pops, as the Death Eaters vanished.

"VENTUS!" Hermione yelled, causing the smoke to dissipate. Harry looked around fervently trying to see if anyone was hit by the killing curse. His eyes went wide with sorrow, frustration and anger, when he saw the lifeless body of Molly Weasley curled up onto the floor next to him, her arms still clung to his legs in their normal vice-like grip.

A/N: I was all set to kill both Weasleys at one point in this chapter, but I decided to spare Arthur for the time being. I almost killed Ron as well, but gave him the pass as well. The reason I wrote what I did at the beginning A'N was because of the fact that I truly didn't know who would die when I started writing this chapter.

Sorry that there wasn't much of an actual "battle" per se. But the reasons why will be stated next chapter. Also next chapter, Ron's reaction to his mother's death....as well as Ginny's. The Order attempts to apprehend Hermione. And something you've all been waiting for may finally happen.