Unofficial Portkey Archive

Warning Sign by harmioney-love*
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Warning Sign

harmioney-love*

Disclaimer

For those of you who wish to skip directly to the fic, all you need to know is I make no attempt to assume or criticize the properties of J.K. Rowling's work. She is a brilliant author and I love her imagination, but sadly she has created the characters, events, and places of "Harry Potter" and not me. I only accredit myself to writing this story.

A/N: This is my first H/Hr fanfic so please be kind. I love H/Hr above all things in the Harry Potter fandom, and although I haven't read all six books yet because I am fairly new fan I am already on the fourth. So if everything I say isn't exactly precise please don't criticize or scrutinize. This story is taking place right after the third book while including things from the movies and adding some things of my own. This story just came to me, and I hope I can convey it as well as the images in my head for you all to enjoy. Please R&R. It is very important to me. Also I am not British, I am American so please try to keep that in mind, although I will try to keep the language from the book the same as best as I can.

Summary: If you like angst, teen hardships, and great love stories with a lot of tension then I think you'll really like this fan-fiction. (At least I hope so!) Most of the story is after the third book, although I will be going back to moments where some things have happened that didn't happen in the book or movie, but the general concept of the third book is the same; namely Sirius, Buckbeak, Harry and Hermione going back in time. I will not be retelling the story because that was J.K.'s job, but I will show some scenes in a different light. For time reference this story takes place in fourth year. This is just a story that came to me and I have to put it down in words because I think it's unique, and as much as I love reading other's work I would like to have a go at it myself. Without further ado…

Warning Sign

Crash

How did this happen to him? Him! The boy who had faced down the darkest lord in history and practically destroyed him at the age of one and lived! How could he have lost himself so completely… over a girl!!?? It was an impossible concept to him. Him being Harry Potter, or quite better known as The-Boy-Who-Lived.

But then again, as he kept telling himself, this was no ordinary girl. No. All this torture, and all this pain was due, quite frankly, to the brightest witch at Hogwarts…Hermione Granger.

Hermione. The girl who had saved his life more times then he could count. The girl who always stood by his side no matter what. The girl who understood him in ways no one else ever did in his life. The girl who changed his world, and turned it completely and utterly upside down.

How had he gone from seeing sweet little innocent bookworm Hermione, his best friend, to everything he would ever want or need in his life? Sure, he had always needed her in one way or another, but wanting her the way that he did had to be fatal.

And how did all of this happen to him? He wasn't sure he knew. He knew the events that had transpired like the back of his hand, and he knew that ever since then it was as if he had been falling from the sky off of his broom with nothing to grasp on to. He was just falling mid air with no sure sign he would ever reach the bottom in one piece.

And then what happened?

He crashed.

He crashed and fell into an abyss so deep and so dark that nothing in his past, not Dementors or Lord Voldemort himself, was as dark as the hole he had found himself in. He knew if he ever wanted to really live again that she was the only one that could drag him out of the suffocating hell that was killing him slowly. And it was quite ironic really because she was the reason for his constant agony. She was the reason he felt he hadn't been able to breathe right in months. She was the reason, his reason for everything.

Well…the time had come to show that "she" that he meant business, and with that Harry went outside McGonagall's office to the sheet and wrote his name down. He was going to do this if it killed him because if he admitted to himself he already felt as dead inside as he could.