Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Beswitching Spell by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Beswitching Spell

Muirnin

Muirnin @}>---'---,--- Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 2 57 2003-07-19T06:27:00Z 2003-07-19T06:27:00Z 2 961 5478 RZHRT Creations 45 10 6727 9.2720

Disclaimer: I do not now, nor at any time, own any of the Harry Potter characters. This is an original plot, based on characters created by J K Rowling with additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan. Any resemblence to any other story is not intentional and is in no way to be regarded as plagurism. Please contact me if you have any concerns. In no way is any money being made nor copyright/trademark infringement intended. J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. In some cases with all my stories, some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers. I STRONGLY recommend Reader Discretion and recommend that you pay attention to the story rating as story ratings of R or NC-17 is for language and sexual content.

Summary: How far will a couple of Slytherins go to destroy Gryffindor's chances to win another Quidditch Cup… See what happens when Harry and Hermione have to experience what life is like as each other…

Spoilers: Books 1-5

Rating: R

Pairings: Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna

Categories: Humor, Romance

Author's Notes: After serious consideration regarding comments made by a few of my reviewers, I decided to make some changes. The first change is that chapter 1 is actually the Prologue… it was never meant to be a long chapter… the second change is that I expanded the story I had already written to give a bit more details and such…. I am also going to clarify the switched body dialogues, as that was a bit confusing… EVEN for me… Hope the new changes will make the story more enjoyable…

This is supposed to be a short fluffy piece that I had dreamt about and just had to write it... Hope you enjoy... Pass the PUMPKIN PIE and please if you must flame... supply your own marshmallows... I only supply the whipped cream! Read & Review...

BTW… I will supply the graham crackers and chocolate if you want to have s'mores!

The Beswitching Spell

by Muirnin Cocan


Prologue - A Slytherin Surprise!

Seventh year for many of the students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry caused a great amount of turmoil and panic for some and for others a way to look forward to their futures.

However, after spending the last few hours hearing Draco Malfoy go on and on, complaining about how many times their superior Slytherin Quidditch team had lost to St. Potter and his merry band of Gryffindor's, Crabbe and Goyle decided it was time to take matters into their own hands.

There had been a lot of changes within the Slytherin lot, partly because of many of the parents having been sentenced to Azkaban on charges of being Death Eaters… but for some, life didn't change just because their parents were detained.

"Are you sure this will work?" Vincent Crabbe asked his cohort.

"Trust me. This is the perfect plan. We have spent seven years being abused by those bloody Gryffindor's and their stupid pranks that make us look stupid... well... This plan will guarantee that Slytherin will win the Quidditch Cup and if we are lucky... the house cup as well." Gregory Goyle said with an arrogant and confidant air, his grin spread across his face.

"Draco will be so proud of us. Then he will inform his Father and then WE will be included in the Dark Lord's work..." Crabbe said rubbing his hands together.

=======

Taking strolls along the lake had become a way for Harry Potter and his best friend Hermione Granger to talk and get away from all the chaos that was ensuing due to the upcoming N.E.W.T.S. as well as the finals for the Quidditch Cup against Slytherin.

Life for Harry had become much different in the last two years since the death of his Godfather Sirius Black. While he still took his part of the Prophecy seriously, he also had begun to look at existence in any form with a profound sense that 'life was precious' and to live each day with as much joy you could… With Voldemort's threats hanging over his head (and those of whom were closest to him) Harry treated life with more reverence but was beginning to enjoy each day as it came.

There were times however when all the changes that he had made to his mental health still wasn't enough… Harry was confident that his team would succeed in winning the cup again... having only lost out twice in all the years he had played on the team. Nevertheless, his maturing face held creases of worry that he could not release.

"You'll be fine Harry." Hermione said as she looked at the crease upon his brow.

"Oh, I am not worried about the Cup... but I should have listened to you about studying earlier for the N.E.W.T.S.... I do not know how Ron is going to survive them. He's spending so much time with Luna and not studying at all that I..."

"I would not worry about Ron if I was you." Hermione said as she stopped him in mid stride. "If I know Luna she is not going to let him get off that easy without studying. She is very much aware of how important these tests are."

Hermione gave Harry one of her reassuring smiles that seemed to melt his heart. He knew he loved her, but they never crossed the line fearing what it would do to their friendship.

Their seventh and final year at Hogwarts had started out as no other year had. Both he and Hermione had been named Head Boy and Girl of the year, even though Ron had been a Gryffindor prefect since their 5th year.

If for no other reason, being Head Girl and Boy afforded them with perks that they enjoyed, namely their own rooms with a shared private common room and office. They had spent many evenings alone in the common room studying or playing games with Ron and Luna.

Over the years, Harry and Hermione had grown very close and in several ways they were closer then Harry and Ron. However, even though he was a Gryffindor and was considered by many to be the bravest man around, there were some things that he could never bring himself to reveal to her...

Sitting down by the side of the lake, Harry looked out at the giant squid who would break the surface every so often. It was quiet out there by the small grove of trees, and on a beautiful day such as this Harry considered that nothing could disrupt the peacefulness. It was times like this, he daydreamed of crossing the line with his best friend… what life would be like with her as something more then his best friend and confidant.

Suddenly, there was a blinding flash, then a scream of terror and Harry looked over at Hermione to make sure she was alright...

However, it was not Hermione he was staring at... it was himself.