Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Beswitching Spell by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Beswitching Spell

Muirnin

Muirnin @}>---'---,--- Normal Muirnin @}>---'---,--- 2 1 2003-07-19T06:28:00Z 2003-07-19T06:28:00Z 2 1340 7639 RZHRT Creations 63 15 9381 9.2720

Disclaimer: I do not now, nor at any time, own any of the Harry Potter characters. This is an original plot, based on characters created by J K Rowling with additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan. Any resemblence to any other story is not intentional and is in no way to be regarded as plagurism. Please contact me if you have any concerns. In no way is any money being made nor copyright/trademark infringement intended. J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. In some cases with all my stories, some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers. I STRONGLY recommend Reader Discretion and recommend that you pay attention to the story rating as story ratings of R or NC-17 is for language and sexual content.

Summary: How far will a couple of Slytherins go to destroy Gryffindor's chances to win another Quidditch Cup… See what happens when Harry and Hermione have to experience what life is like as each other…

Spoilers: Books 1-5

Rating: R

Pairings: Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna

Categories: Humor, Romance

Author's Notes: After serious consideration regarding comments made by a few of my reviewers, I decided to make some changes. The first change is that chapter 1 is actually the Prologue… it was never meant to be a long chapter… the second change is that I expanded the story I had already written to give a bit more details and such…. I am also going to clarify the switched body dialogues, as that was a bit confusing… EVEN for me… Hope the new changes will make the story more enjoyable…

This is supposed to be a short fluffy piece that I had dreamt about and just had to write it... Hope you enjoy... Pass the PUMPKIN PIE and please if you must flame... supply your own marshmallows... I only supply the whipped cream! Read & Review...

BTW… I will supply the graham crackers and chocolate if you want to have s'mores!

The Beswitching Spell

by Muirnin Cocan


Chapter 1 - Looks Can Be Deceiving

"Mione?" came the words from the mouth of he who looked exactly like Hermione Granger.

"Harry? What's going on?" Said Hermione from her form as Harry Potter. Tears filled the emerald green eyes as Harry wrapped his arms around Hermione.

"Did you hear anything? Anything at all?" Harry asked, holding onto Hermione.

"That is just it. I did not hear anything. I just saw a flash and then felt really different." Hermione said moving a hand towards the round black specticals that were upon her face. "I've read about some switching spells, but I have no idea which one this could be."

"Let's go see Professor Dumbledore... Perhaps he knows what to do." Harry said taking hold of Hermione's hand and guiding 'him' back towards the castle.

As they head towards the corridor that housed the giant statue to the Headmaster's office, they heard a voice call out to them.

"Hey Harry!" Ron yelled, causing Harry to turn towards the tall gangly red-head prefect.

"Hey Ron." Harry responded forgetting that he now looked like Hermione.

"Good one Herms, changed your name to Harry Potter now?" Ron said sarcastically.

"Very funny Ron." Hermione said. "What's up? We are in a big hurry… we are on our way to Dumbledore's office."

Ron noticed that they were still holding hands. "Is there something going on that I should know about with you too? Did you get caught secretly snogging?"

Hermione blushed and they dropped their interlocked hands. "You are such a comedian Ron. Perhaps you should take it on the road!" Hermione said scathingly.

"Bloody Hell, what's got into you mate? You know, I think you are spending too much time with Hermione… you are beginning to sound just like her… So, what is this… did I tread on sensitive territory?" Ron asked.

"Ron! Just shut up ok mate? We have to talk to Professor Dumbledore immediately. We'll see you back in the common room in a bit ok?" Hermione said a bit harsher then she meant to, realizing too late that Harry did not sound that caustic to Ron.

"Geez, fine what ever... I just wanted to let you know that we have Quidditch Practice this evening after dinner." Ron said dejectedly. "Don't let me take you away from anything important with Herms here..."

"Ron... we will explain everything to you when we have answers ourselves. In the mean time, please don't get upset at us for ANY reason ok?" Harry said pointedly.

Ron turned abruptly about and stormed off the other way. Harry took a deep breath and then taking Hermione's hand again heading towards the staircase, giving the password 'pumpkin pasties'.

Upon entering Professor Dumbledore's office, the Headmaster immediately looked at the pair and offered them chairs to sit down.

Looking at Harry (even though he looked like Hermione) Professor Dumbledore said, "Mr. Potter, I see that the pair of you have a small problem."

"You know what's going on?" Harry asked his now chocolate brown eyes widened in surprise.

"Unfortunately, it would seem that someone has tried to play a despicable joke on you both." the elderly man said looking over his half moon glasses.

"This is a JOKE???" Hermione said loudly.

"Yes, I suspect it has something to do with the Quidditch Cup that is coming up. It i's not the first time that this sort of thing has happened."

"Oh GOOD! Then you know how to change us back!!!!!!" Hermione said excitedly.

"It's not as simple as that. You see, if this is the spell that I believe it to be... it's called 'The Beswitching Spell'."

"I've read about that spell." Hermione said. "It is a dark arts spell called 'SomAticus Novatio', but if that's the case..." Hermione's voice shook and threatened to break in to mournful sobs.

"You are quite right Miss Granger. You and Harry will be under this spell for 744 hours or in layman's terms... 31 days."

"An entire month? There is only 3 weeks left of school. We will be out of school by then. Isn't there someway to counteract the spell?" Harry asked.

"Unfortunately, there is no counterspell to the SomAticus Novatio. It's happened only on two other occasions and ironically, your parents Harry were part of the joke."

"Who could have done such a horrible thing?" Hermione asked.

"Well the last time, it was a prank that went wrong involving one of the Marauders." Professor Dumbledore answered.

"What exactly happened to my folks?" Harry said figuring that if it had been one of the Marauders his mother must have been involved as well.

Professor Dumbledore smiled as he heard Harry figure out that it did indeed involve both of his parents. "The Slytherins were up against the Gryffindor's for the Quidditch cup. From what I was able to determine someone from the Slytherin team thought that if they could take out James as a chaser then they would be able to have a fighting chance to win." He looked at the couple, he could tell who was who just by their aura's. He wondered if this spell would have the same effect on Harry and Hermione as it did on James and Lily. "Instead of causing James to step down from being the chaser, Lily as James took over and did exceptionally well. They won the Quidditch Cup and the time that they were as each other gave them a better insight into the other's lives and..."

"They fell in love?" Harry asked.

"Yes Harry, they did indeed. It was a catalyst that helped bring Lily and James closer even though prior to this, they were not as close as they would end up being. This took place during their 6th year so they didn't have the threat of N.E.W.T.S hanging over their heads, but it was part of the reason that they became Head Boy and Girl the following year." Dumbledore said with a smile.

Harry had always wondered why Remus had not become Head Boy when he had been a Gryffindor Prefect… Realization hit him all at once… "The N.E.W.T.S! Oh Bloody Hell. How are we going to get through those?" Harry said.

"Forget the N.E.W.T.S Harry! What about the Quidditch Cup! Or have you forgotten, I can't fly!!!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Well as my brother Aberforth is fond of saying... 'when life hands you lemons make lemonade...'" Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eye. "You may want to discuss the situation with the Team Captain... perhaps you can have a reserve play as seeker... Or..."

"Do as my parents did, eh Professor?" Harry said quietly.

"But Harry! I'm afraid of flying!" Hermione was practically hysteric by now thinking about the Quidditch Cup.

"Hermione Marie Granger... I am surprised at you... I KNOW that the only reason you do not fly is that you are afraid of not being an expert in the field. First thing we need to do is get Ron… explain this situation to him and then get my firebolt and head out to the pitch..." Harry said.

"You are right... besides... if I fall off the broom and break my neck, then Ron can put you in as my reserve seeker!" Hermione said

"That's the spirit!" Dumbledore joked. "Honestly children, it will be alright. I have complete faith in your talents and abilities."

"I'm glad somebody does..." grumbled Hermione as they turned and headed towards Gryffindor tower, all the while thinking of how they are going to break the news to Ron...