Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets The Eye by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets The Eye

Classic Cowboy

More Than Meets the Eye

Chapter 3: Not Alone in the World

The Weasley breakfast table was a somber place the next morning. Hermione had stayed the night at Hogwarts when Lily refused to come to their home for the night. Hugo and Rose picked at their breakfast cereal while Ron simply stared out the window.

"I miss Aunt Ginny …" Hugo whispered as he stirred his cereal.

"And Al and James too …" Rose sniffled, before glancing up at their father. "Did Uncle Harry really … do that, Daddy?"

"Don't," Ron shook his head, wiping his own blue eyes. "Don't believe it. No matter what everyone says... He didn't do it."

The children took his words to heart and went back to eating their breakfast. They all looked up as the clock on the wall showed Hermione's hand went from Hogwarts to home.

The children and Ron looked up to see the red eyed matriarch of the family enter their two story cottage home. "Hermione?" Ron said standing, "Would you care for breakfast?"

Hermione just shook her head and went to the living room. She sat down roughly on the couch and picked up a picture from their final year at Hogwarts, after Voldemort was finally defeated. The frame was red and gold, Gryffindor colors, with Golden Trio emboldened on the bottom. The photo itself was a magical photo showing Hermione in the middle being embraced by Harry and Ron. It was the first picture of the three of them where Harry looked happy … at peace.

"Why did this have to happen? And to him?" she asked more to herself than anyone.

"Once it's proven he didn't do it, he'll be free and he'll survive," Ron spoke, leaning against the doorway. "It's all he knows how to do, Hermione. He's a survivor …It's what Gin would want him to do … and it's what we will make him do even if we have to hold him at wand point." Ron nodded firmly before glancing away from his wife. "How's Lily holding?"

"Absolutely shattered," Hermione sighed, "Which is better than expected…" She smiled slightly. "The young boy from America, Daniel Whitnicky or something like that I believe, he was helping her when I left. He seems like a very nice young man."

"No such thing," Ron said crossing his arms. "Guys are all the same."

"You and Harry weren't that bad," Hermione countered.

"You just adapted to our boyish evil."

"No I just kept you two out of the major trouble when I could," Hermione countered sitting the picture back down when she saw Ron reaching for his Auror robe. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going into work," Ron said sliding into his robes.

"Ron, it's Christmas, and if we need to be anywhere we need to go to the hospital," Hermione said narrowing her eyes. Hugo and Rose glanced at one another, before quickly making their way to their room, making sure to cast a silencing charm on the living room, as they normally did when they saw the coming war of words.

"And what are we going to do there? Harry's in high security I don't care what committees you're on in the Ministry you can't get in everywhere. I'm surprised I was able to get clearance personally." Ron replied. "And we can't do anything for him. We're too close to it. You know majority of the Aurors are for Harry and will do what they can. Those fools last night were a minority."

"We've never let anyone fight our battles for us before, Ronald," Hermione replied hotly, rising to her feet. "Harry needs us."

"Needs us to do what? Go sit down in front of his cell and cry woe are we?" Ron asked his ears starting to turn red. "Harry was my brother before he ever looked at my sister, Hermione, don't go thinking I like this at all, but there's nothing at all we can do for him now."

"So you're just going to do it again, aren't you?" Hermione clinched her fists, "When Harry needs you the most you're just going to run away. Is it getting too hot for you again, Ronald? What is this… four times Harry's needed your help and you turned your back and ran away?"

"I made some stupid moves when I was a kid, Hermione," Ron said in a dangerous tone, pointing a finger at her. "Heaven forbid you ever let me forget any of them. But one thing about it, when I ran away I always came back as soon as my head was unwedged from my arse. Yours has been crammed for years."

"Exactly what do you mean by that?" Hermione's eyes narrowed hostilely.

"When was the last time you gave him a second thought, Hermione?" Ron stepped toward her, he learned as an Auror when to choose his fights, and for the first time he knew he had a chance here, if nothing else but to open her eyes.

"Harry's my best friend, Ronald," Hermione stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, her eyes wide with surprise and outrage of his assumptions.

"Since when? Fifth year?" Ron snorted, ignoring her statement. "Or was it sixth year. Do you have any idea what it's like to give Harry excuses for you?" Ron asked shaking his head.

"What in the blooming hell are you talking about?" Hermione growled out.

"He's tried to set up nights out for the three of us. You me and him, the big Golden Trio. Do you know how many times you've blown off these gatherings? Every damned one of them, and I have to make up some excuse for your absence every time to him, so I don't have to tell him his other best friend was too busy reading a book at home to spend time with him!" Ron shook his head sadly. "Do you have any idea what it's like to see him just drop his shoulders and squeak out a "oh"? It's like seeing the Harry from first year all over again!"

Hermione stammered for a response, but Ron pressed on. "You know, I see now why you like calling me on my big screw ups, Hermione, there is a sick pleasure in it, sn't?" Ron laughed shaking his head. "You know I was always jealous of you and Harry our first five years of school. You two had something, something that in twenty years of marriage we've yet to hammer out something at that level. And then sixth year came and he started using that Snape's bloody book and you got mad and you've held that grudge ever since. Sure you say you've forgiven him for it, even though there wasn't anything for YOU to forgive, and you became his 'friend' again but it was never the same. And you may not have seen it, Hermione Jane Granger Weasley, but I did, and my 'range of a teaspoon' was able to pick up the hurt from him." Ron chuckled slightly and for the first time in years not caring he had brought Hermione to tears. "Voldemort tried for seven years to destroy him, Hermione. Yet he was never able to break down Harry's defenses completely. You on the other hand cut right through them."

"How dare you …" Hermione breathed, attempting to come up with a response, but for the first time in a long time she was speechless.

"Look, I'm going to go in and see what I can do from the Ministry. Maybe talk to the Minister about letting Harry have house arrest here or at the Burrow or something. But I'm not going to sit around at that bloody hospital crying woe is me!" he shouted before he apparated from the living room leaving the stunned Hermione alone with her thoughts.

---

Lily sniffled as she hugged her pillow to her chest. She just laid there in bed, hoping she would wake up and it would be one big nightmare. But as the day went on it became more and more evident that this was real, horribly real.

Her grieving was interrupted by a loud scream and a crash from the commons. "What the?" She asked as she climbed out of bed and exited the dorm to see a sight that caused no matter how much pain was gripping her heart she had to giggle. "Danny?" She asked as she saw the boy at the base of the girls' dormitory stairs with a bowl of beans on his head, mash potatoes on his chest and a large piece of chicken and a goblet of pumpkin juice spilled in his lap. "Are you ok?"

"I was trying to bring you some dinner …" Daniel grumbled his face flushed with embarrassment.

"Danny you git, you know boys can't get up the stairs, their enchanted to keep any guys out, that way … nothing can happen that shouldn't happen." Lily flushed a bit at that.

"Well, I thought it might let me seeing as I wasn't trying to do anything like that…" Daniel grumbled taking the bowl off his head.

Lily pulled her wand from her pocket and removed the spilt food from her friend with a warm smile. "Danny, don't ever change," She said softly with a small chuckle.

"Ah you're both here," Headmistress McGonagall smiled as she entered the common room. "Are you alright my dear?" McGonagall gave one of her few smiles to the young redhead.

"As … as well as expected, ma'am," she bowed her head slightly.

"You need to get out, despite how you feel," McGonagall said softly. "This dank dark tower is no place to be feeling as you are now… Mr. Witwicky?"

"Yes, Professor McGonagall?" Daniel looked up.

"If you haven't any other plans for the day, would you escort Ms. Potter to Hogsmeade for the day?" McGonagall asked the teenager.

"Sure I mean if she's up for it…" Daniel said glancing to the girl beside him.

She just shrugged her shoulders. "Ok, I'll set up a carriage for you both," She said turning to leave. "Dress warmly, it's quite cold outside today."

"I … better start getting ready again …" Lily said softly, her voice still drenched in sadness. She froze when Daniel gripped her wrist.

"Hey, Lil …" Daniel said with a flush to his cheeks.

"Yes, Danny?" She asked, locking eyes with the younger teen.

"I know you're feeling like you're all by yourself now, I know you're upset and scared, but I want you to know …" Daniel gulped almost drowning in Lily's ocean of green. "I've been where you are… you're not alone in the world, ok?"

Lily hesitated a moment before hugging the boy tightly. Daniel stiffened for a moment before relaxing and returning the hug.

"Thank you …" she whispered into his shoulder.

"Any time …" He replied giving her a gentle squeeze.

McGonagall smiled softly at the two before turning and leaving them alone.

---

Ron was still angry when he arrived at the Ministry but that anger faded to confusion when he spotted a woman leaning against the door of his office. He examined her as he walked up. She had long slightly curled blond hair and her blue eyes were studying her watch on her wrist. She was dressed in rather form fitting dark blue slacks, a sleeveless button up blouse with a denim vest unbuttoned over top of it, and a turnip shaped pendent attached to the necklace around her neck. Her steely, focused eyes turned to him as he approached and asked if he can help.

"It's about time, Weasley. I've been waiting for you here for an hour." She said with a slight frown. "I don't have all day."

"Um … do I know you?" Ron asked the attractive woman before him.

She frowned with a hint of disappointment crossed her face. "It hasn't been that long has it, Ronald?" She asked before she let her eyes go wide and faked a bubbly expression. "Did you know the Snorlactus fruit is quite deadly if you eat it raw, Ronald?"

"Luna?!" Ron blanched finally recognizing his old friend.

"Got it in one, buster," she said as the coldness returned to her voice. "Can we talk, it's important… it's about Harry."

Ron's eyes widened for a moment before ushering Luna into his office and closing the door behind her. "What is it?"

"As you probably don't know, seeing as you're about as observant and following as a Canadian Bear in the winter time, I work for the Quibbler as an nature reporter," Luna explained as she sat down.

"If you want an interview about what happened with Harry …" Ron said his ears starting to turn red, but Luna countered it by getting right into Ron's face.

"Look, Ginny Weasley was my best friend, and Harry Potter was one of the first guys who ever saw me as a person and not some freak of nature. So if you think I'd belittle them like Rita Skeeter, then you don't know me at all, nor do you know the effect Harry can have on people who are lucky enough to call him friend." Luna growled, her nose touching Ron's and her blue eyes looking like a wild animal's whose young had been threatened.

"I… Sorry, I didn't mean … well you know with …" Ron stammered.

"Whatever, so do you want to know about what I've learned or not?" Luna crossed her arms and glared.

"Go on," Ron said sitting down at his desk.

"Have you ever heard of a creature called a 'Transformer'?" Luna asked as she too set down in front of the desk.

"Transformer?" Ron asked, digging in his mind for the term that he was sure he heard from his father or Hermione. "Isn't that part of a Muggle's electrical set up?"

"Same name, different definition," Luna nodded, "Transformers are actually unique creatures from another planet. As far as known they've only been found in North America where their war ended up in the Western United States. The United States Government covered up the event very tightly but some details were uncovered."

"Luna … I really don't have time for urban legends …" Ron rolled his eyes.

"The Transformers are sentient beings, seemingly giant robots, forming two factions who are at war with one another. The Autobots and the Decepticons. Only two names came up for each of the factions, the group leaders. The Autobots are commanded by one called Optimus Prime, and the Decepticons were lead by a monster called Megatron, who was killed at end of a battle in North America fourteen years ago."

"W-What did you say?" Ron stiffened and his eyebrows almost went into his hair line.

"See why I wanted to talk to you?" Luna said crossing her arms, only to yelp when Ron grabbed her by the wrist and pulling her toward the door. "What are you doing?!"

"We're going to talk to the Minister, NOW," Ron said pulling her out of the office.

Ron and Luna quickly made their way to the Minister of Magic's office and shot past the complaining receptionist to enter his office unannounced.

"Can I help you Auror Weasley?" Minister Vincent Cunningham asked with his sickening pleasant smile on his face he always held. Since Kingsley retired some years ago, it seemed the best the Ministry could come up with was the politically raised string bean pretty boy who in Ron's opinion couldn't run a foot race let alone the Ministry.

Ron quickly explained everything he heard from Harry upon his visit as well as what he had learned from Luna, and the Minister simply nodded for a moment. "So you see there is a definite connection here that needs to be investigated!"

"It is quite obvious, isn't it, Auror Weasley?" Cunningham said with a nod. "I have studied a great deal of this situation as well. It's so plain to see I'm shocked you didn't see it."

"See what?" Ron asked, getting a sinking feeling.

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Cunningham asked standing from his desk. "I've read a great deal on what the Muggles call Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. I would assume that Harry might have stumbled on information of this American myth sometime in the last month or so. And thus when he had his attack he incorporated this Megatron and Decepticons into his fantasy of a returned Dark Lord."

"With all due respect …" Ron growled.

"Ronald, Luna my dear, it is very admirable for you to stand by him," Cunningham smiled in a pacifying tone. "You especially, Ronald, after he brutally murdered your sister and nephews. It is a testament of your friendship and family love. But you have to stop digging up these delusions and face the facts. Harry Potter is a murderer."

"Where were you during the war, Minister Cunningham?" Luna asked her tone icy and hard.

"Why with most of the other lucky officials' families, escaping to Europe, why?" Cunningham blinked.

"While you were off hiding in some rich person's resorts, Harry, Ron and Hermione were in the deepest of the hell Voldemort created. While you were in a cozy cottage, they were in a cold tent, hungry, but still trying to save a world and a Ministry for you to become head of one day. And this is how you repay a hero like him?"

"Let me explain something to you, my dear," Cunningham said taking one of Luna's hands and patting it gently. "It isn't anything personal, I actually look up to Mr. Potter, I really do. It's all political, all business. Harry is a hero and we all love a hero. But do you know what the people love more than that? They love to see a hero fall. Harry did a lot of good for this country, for the world even. And for that we are thankful, and he will always be remembered for his sacrifice of sanity for our peace of mind."

"You son of a bitch …" Luna started to stomp toward him but Ron grabbed her arms to restrain her.

"If that's all you have to say about this," Ron said in a steely demeanor, pulling Luna toward the door.

"Not quite …" Cunningham smiled at the two. "I'm sure your whole family is feeling the loss, and need you. Take the week off, Auror Weasley."

"But, sir, I could help with …" Ron started, but the Minister cut him off.

"Wasn't an offer, Auror, that was an order. Go home to your wife and family, maybe go visit Mr. Potter while you can, before he leaves in the morning."

Leave, to where?" Ron narrowed his eyes.

"Azkaban of course, were else would we put a danger to society?" Cunningham asked as if it was obvious.

"What, but …" Luna started but was jerked from the room, but Ron who was only barely restraining his own curses and fists. "Have a good day Ms. Lovegood, Auror Weasley!"

"That… That Nurfling!" Luna stomped her foot. "How could he let them take Harry to there of all places!?" She then turned on Ron. "How could you stand there and let that bastard talk about Harry like that?"

"Believe you me, if it would have helped I would have turned him into a little black mouse and fed him to Crookshanks, but would that have helped get Harry out of trouble?"

"The Ron I knew in school would have just broken his bloody nose like Hermione did Malfoy in third year." Luna noted.

"I did just that in my imagination …" Ron grumbled before shaking his head for a moment, "You go and see what you can find out about these Transformer things and I'll go home and fill in Hermione, maybe we can come up with a plan."

"Ok, owl if you come up with anything," Luna said before taking his hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. "For all it's worth, Ronald, I'm sorry about your sister and nephews…"

"Thanks, Luna …" Ron smiled at her before she turned and walked away.

---

The streets of Hogsmeade were quite deserted as most were home with their families, but the two teenagers didn't seem to mind. Most of the stores were still open, at least for part of the day. So the two had plenty to see and do. The snow was starting to melt as it was warming a bit more then usual for winter.

Lily walked close to Daniel's side, for warmth she claimed, but Daniel didn't question her on it. Lily saw him eyeing the broom shop and rolled her eyes. "Boys and their brooms," she chuckled lightly before glancing to the book store. "If you'd like to look at the Brooms, I'm going to go in here and buy Aunt Hermione a new book. She … she cared a lot about mum and dad. Dad was one of her favorite subjects when Aunt Hermione and I get together… always asking how he's doing, all that … she might need cheering up."

"You want me to come with you?" Daniel offered with a compassionate smile.

"I'm a big girl, Danny, I'll be ok. I appreciate you coming with me but I could go for a few moments to myself with books." She said unconsciously reaching out to brush her gloved finger along his jaw. She jerked back when she realized what she was doing, and smiled sheepishly. "You … uh … had a flake of snow on your cheek."

Daniel nodded with a shy 'thanks', before turning and walking into the broom store.

Lily watched him go before turning and walking toward the book store. She stopped in her steps when she heard a familiar sound that to the extent of her knowledge should not be heard in Hogsmeade. "An automobile engine?" She asked no one in particular, perking her ears to listen closer.

She looked back to see a Ford Mustang with markings of Muggle police driving slowly toward her.

The mustached figure sitting in the driver's seat stared at her. He had to have gotten lost and ended up here, but how could a Muggle car work in Hogsmeade. Didn't all Muggle technology short out and stop working thanks to the fields of magic around the magical settlements?

She slowly walked around the side of the car to ask the driver if she could be of any help, but to her surprise when she reached the door, there was no one in the car any longer. "What?" She asked before gasping when the door swung open knocking her to the ground.

She let out a loud scream when the car's seatbelts shot out of the car to wrap around her legs, pulling her into the front seat of the automobile.

The police car pilled out as the door shut behind her.

Hearing the scream, Daniel ran out of the broom store, and saw the familiar symbol on the side of the car and the writing 'To Punish and Enslave'. "Oh no … no, no, no, no!" he called out as he followed the tracks in the snow, into the woods outside of the village.

Lily was scared to death as she tried to untangle her legs from the seatbelt as the otherwise empty automobile roared through the snow covered forest. As the nightmarish ride began it ended as the breaks locked and spun the car sideways. The seatbelt unhooked from around her as the door came open, sending her sailing outside the car into a snow bank.

She watched as the car revved its engine before the sound of grinding and moving metal filled the area. She stared in amazement as the car stood up, shifting and changing into a humanoid shape. "Lily Molly Potter," the demonic machine growled stomping toward the horrified witch. "I have been ordered to destroy you. It will not be painless." The monster growled as large spikes extended from its talon-like hands.

The monster grunted as a stunning spell that would have sent a man to unconsciousness hit him from behind. "Barricade! Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" Daniel called out trying to draw the Decepticon's attention away from the girl.

"Daniel Witwicky," the monster known as Barricade growled turning to face the young teen. "What a pleasant surprise. Megatron shall be pleased with your death as well."

"Do you think I'm afraid of a Decepticrap like you?" Daniel shot back, before pointing his wand at Barricade's face. "INCENDIO!" he yelled out causing flames to explode in Barricade's optics. The Decepticon cried out and covered his eyes, giving Daniel the chance he was hoping for. "Lily, Run!" He called out diving between the Decepticon's legs and running to the girl.

"Daniel?" She asked in a fearful voice.

"Ask questions later, just run!" Daniel said grabbing her wrist and running. Lily nodded and the two ran as fast as they could through the woods. They could hear the monster transform again followed by the sound of screaming sirens and its engine.

"Mom, Dad, if you're up there and listening … get us some help, please!" Daniel prayed as he led the redhead through the woods.

His prayer was answered as they found an old dirt road in the forest and a second automobile roared toward them, slamming on its break and spinning around before them. Daniel beamed when he recognized the painfully yellow 2007 Chevy Camaro. "Uncle Bee!" Daniel cheered as the car revved its engines and opened its doors invitingly.

Lily held back fearfully for a moment. "A-Another one?" she asked clinging to Daniel's hand almost painfully.

"Lily, do you trust me?" Daniel asked, turning toward her, letting go of her hand to grip both her shoulders.

"Wha…" Lily blanched slightly

"Do you trust me, Lily?" Daniel asked looking deep into her eyes.

"Yes." Lily said without a hint of doubt in her voice.

"Then get in the car with me," Daniel said in the most confident voice he could muster. "Trust me."

Lily glanced from Daniel to the car, and back again before nodding then running toward the passenger side. Daniel was close behind jumping into the driver's side. As soon as they touched the leather seats the doors slammed and locked. "Roll out," Daniel whispered as the tires spun in the snow covered dirt.

"Hang on, Lily," Daniel said hanging on himself as the car roared down the road with the police car in hot pursuit.

Daniel looked down worriedly when he heard the engine start to putter and miss. "Oh no … we can't break down here with that … thing after us!" Lily said glancing back at the closing demon-car, which was starting to get lost in the cloud of black smoke coming from the yellow Camaro's tailpipes.

"Oh it's ok … it's all just Prime," He said as he saw the headlights coming toward them.

Barricade growled to himself as he had trouble following the escaping targets through the black smoke. There was nothing he could do as the massive, red and blue long-nose semi slammed into him, devastating his front end and engine block.

Daniel smiled when he saw the Truck turning around in the road with the crushed Barricade stuck in the ditch on the side of the road. "We're ok now," Daniel said patting Lily's knee.

"Daniel what the hell is going on?" Lily asked tears stinging her eyes.

"I'll tell you when we get to your Aunt and Uncle," Daniel whispered, with a small smile. "It's … it's about your dad. He's not crazy and he didn't … kill your mom and brothers. And I know who did… one of them apparently was what killed my parents…" he said looking down at the strange symbol on the center of the steering wheel.

"So we're going to the Weasleys then?" a voice spoke from the speakers.

Lily blinked in surprise. "That's right, Bumblebee, you know the way?" Daniel asked as if it was the most normal thing in the world to talk to one's car.

"GPS is a car's best friend," the voice replied.

Daniel chuckled and the car went into an awkward silence.

"How about some music?" Daniel asked, and Lily continued to stare at him as if he had lost his mind. "Music it is…" he said reaching for the radio.

'Why don't you kiss her … why don't you tell her… why don't you let her see …' Daniel turned it quickly. "Sorry about that …"

'But it's you and me, and all of the people, with nothing to do nothing to lose …' Daniel slammed the radio again and blushed a little brighter.

Lily just stared with a cocked eyebrow. 'there you see her, sitting across the way, she don't got a lot to say, but there's something about her, and you don't know but you dyin to try, you wanna kiss the girl …' Daniel somehow got his foot up to kick the radio.

The radio settled then for 'Before Its Too Late' by the Goo-Goo Dolls and Daniel grew somber. "You ok?" Lily asked when she noticed his paling features.

I wandered through fiction
To look for the truth
Buried beneath all the lies

"Sorry … that was just my mom and dad's favorite song." Daniel explained resting his hand on the car's gear shift.

And I stood at a distance
To feel who you are
Hiding myself in your eyes

She nodded as she listened to the words of the song. She smiled lightly as she let her hand fall on top of his. "Daniel?" She whispered as the song played.

"hmm?" Daniel looked up at her.

Hold on, before it's too late
We'll run till we leave this behind
Don't fall, just be who you are
It's all that we need in our lives

"You're not alone in the world." She repeated his words simply, squeezing his hand affectionately.

---

"Lily, wake up," Lily stirred slightly, she wasn't even aware she had fallen asleep in the comfortable leather seats of the Camaro, but smiled when she saw Daniel flashed her a small grin. "Have a nice nap?" he asked softly.

Lily nodded before sitting up and looking around. They had gotten on a main road, and apparently their little convoy had grown.

In a cold far away world

A battle is raging between evil and good

"What?" She asked looking at the cars. The red and blue truck that had saved them from the police car was directly behind them, and she could see several other cars and trucks around them: A black GMC pick up truck, an old green jeep, a red and gold low rider Pontiac convertible, a green emergency rescue hummer, and a red Dodge Neon. "Don't worry, they're friends," Daniel smiled, squeezing hers in their still joined hands.

From the stars they came here to Earth

Caught in their struggle

For the whole universe

"This is … really weird …" she said glancing around at the empty vehicles driving around them.

"You don't know the half of it, Lily," Daniel chuckled slightly as they turned to enter the long driveway to the Weasley cottage.

Robotic Warriors give it their all

Fight in disguise till their victor stands tall

---

"Azkaban?" Hermione repeated for the umpteenth time. Despite their earlier argument any anger between husband and wife was put aside in favor of trying to find a way to save their other third.

"Yeah, and in the state Harry was in … he won't survive Dementors, Hermione." Ron shook his head.

"And what bout this Transformer nonsense Luna brought you?" Hermione asked staring at her coffee cup, "Is there any way we might use that to at least stall his imprisonment?"

"Um … Mum, Dad … something's happening out here …" Rose called out from the living room.

Ron and Hermione looked at each other before joining their two kids in the living room, and were shocked to see their front yard field with cars and trucks. "Bloody hell?" Ron asked as they walked out, wands in hands with Rose and Hugo close behind.

"Um … wha?" Hermione asked as they walked out.

A lone soldier fighting the war

Use power and wisdom

From those long before

"Aunt Hermione, Uncle Ron!" Lily said as she climbed out of the yellow Camaro and ran to them with Daniel close behind.

"What the hell is going on, young lady?" Hermione asked flustered.

"You called for help Dan?" a blond headed girl in a Go Army tight tee shirt asked climbing out of the black pickup. Lily stiffened as the girl approached quickly and gave Daniel a hug. "Missed you, handsome," The girl said kissing Daniel's cheek making Lily frown deeply.

"Lily, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Hugo, Rose …" Daniel said smiling sheepishly at the group. "This is Grace Lennox, my best friend from America … and these … are my uncles."

Leads them on to victory

Lights their darkest hour

Their one destiny

"Uncles?" Ron asked looking at the still idling vehicles. "Are they sitting in the cars or something?"

Daniel smiled wildly before turning to the vehicles and said loudly the safe phrase, the one that was given to him to let them know when they were among trustworthy friends. "Till All Are One."

The moment the words left Daniel's lips a chorus of 'CHE-CHE-CHE-CHE-CHE' erupted from the vehicles followed by buzzing gears and grinding steel as the group shifted and changed.

Transformers

Defenders of truth

Robots who fight in disguise

Lily, Ron, Hermione, Hugo and Rose stared with wide eyes and gapping mouths as a group of giant humanoid figures rose in their front yard.

"I've missed you guys," Daniel said looking up as the group finished their transformations.

Transformers

When the battle is through

Only the strong will survive

Till All Are One

"W-What?" Ron said staring up as the figure that was the semi approached them, and went down to one knee. "Greetings Ronald Weasley, Hermione Granger, family, and offspring of Harry Potter and Ginerva Weasley." The giant said as his face plate slid back. "Do not fear, for we will not harm you. I am Optimus Prime, Leader of the Autobots, and we were summoned by our ally Daniel Witwicky to aid you."

Hermione, Lily and Hugo stared in shock for several moments, before the silence was broken by Rose and Ron in unison saying …

"Wicked…"

DISCLAIMER: Songs used in chapter: Till All Are One - Stan Bush, Kiss The Girl - Samuel Wright, Why Don't You Kiss Her - Jesse McCartney, You and Me - Lifehouse