Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets The Eye by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets The Eye

Classic Cowboy

More Than Meets the Eye

Chapter 4: I'll Be Watching You

---

"Great Merlin … Luna was right …" Ron said looking up at the gigantic leader of the group before him and his family.

"Ronald Weasley, you, your wife Hermione Granger, and your friend Harry Potter were once warriors, among the leaders who challenged Thomas Riddle and his play for ruling your country and world." Optimus Prime stated knowingly.

"How do you know about us?" Hermione asked taking a step toward the Autobot Commander.

"Wikipedia." Prime stated earning raised eyebrows from Hermione, Lily, Hugo, Rose, and Daniel.

"Wow it really does have everything," Daniel mused out loud.

"If you're the Autobots, you're here to fight the Decepticons, right?" Ron stated surprising his wife and everyone present for that matter.

"It seems the information online is not completely accurate," Optimus stated looking down at the red headed Auror. "I would have assumed your wife would have been the one to be knowledgeable of our race."

"I just know what my friend had told me," Ron stated, looking up at the intimidating living robot.

"Then perhaps we can fill in the blanks," Prime stated before glancing to the group that surrounded them. "Allow me to introduce my comrades. This is my second in command and weapons specialist, as well as guardian of Grace Lennox, Iron Hide." The Autobot that changed from the black GMC pick up gave a small nod toward the group.

"Next to him is our medical officer Ratchet."

The green hummer turned Robot seemed to smile at the humans. "It is an honor to meet you all, especially you Lily Potter, as young Daniel speaks often of you upon his returns home." Lily gave a triumphant smirk toward Grace before giving a shy smile to Daniel.

"This is Daniel Witwicky's guardian, Bumblebee," Prime motioned to the transforming Camaro who had saved Daniel and Lily, who gave a playful snap salute.

"And Beside him is our recon duo, Hound and Cliffjumper," Prime introduced, as the Jeep based Autobot stepped forward and nodded with a tap to his forehead. "Howdy," He said in a southern American accent. Next the red coup with a resemblance to Bumblebee gave a thumbs-up.

"And finally, our communications specialist, Blaster," Prime motioned to the red convertible turned Robot who became instantly active. "Yo, Yo, Yo, DJ Blaster B A to be B here yo!"

"Um … What?" Lily asked glancing to the odd Autobot.

"Don't mind him, he talks like that," Daniel shrugged.

"Now that the introductions are completed," Optimus said glancing toward Daniel, "I am certain you are wondering about our purpose here on your planet. As your friend has informed you, Ronald Weasley, we Autobots have been in a civil war with our traitorous enemies the Decepticons that has lasted generations of generations. Megatron and his Decepticons wanted to use or one of our most sacred of items, the Allspark, to make himself a new Chaos Bringer."

"Chaos Bringer?" Hermione asked blinking curiously.

"You would rather not know, it would be my greatest wish that its name never spoken or heard of anywhere ever again," Prime shook his head sadly. "In any case, in an attempt to prevent Megatron from using the Allspark, we launched it into deep space, where we hoped it would never be used for evil again…then either fate or coincident the Allspark finally crashed on the most unlikely of places: Earth."

"Unfortunately, the Decepticons discovered it first," Prime continued, "Megatron crashed on earth and unwittingly bonded himself to a human, to a family of humans that would lead to his destruction."

"Who?" Ron asked curiously.

"Daniel, would you like to finish this story, son?" Prime asked softly glancing to the young American standing with the group.

"Megatron started screwing with my family with my great-great grandfather, who was an explorer… Megatron burned a map into his glasses; blinded him and pretty much drove him insane with Cybertronian knowledge…" Daniel paused for a moment to gather himself, "The Decepticons finally caught up with their leader, and tried to go after my Dad, who had no idea about what was going on at the time … the Decepticons tried to get the information about the place from him, thankfully Bumblebee got there and not only protected my Dad but helped him meet my Mom."

"Dad and mom were dropped into the middle of their war, and even though they didn't have to they were right there fighting along side the Autobots, trying to protect the Allspark. Dad even used the Allspark himself, pushed its power into Megatron killing him. You think when you take out the leader, the king, it'd be like chess, game over. That wasn't the case though." Daniel voice shook slightly as he forced himself to continue the story.

"Starscream wanted to be leader of the Decepticons, but he was a coward. During Megatron's final battle he didn't just run away but helped in taking him down," Daniel explained. "Unfortunately for him anyway, the other Decepticons saw his act as cowardice and refused to accept him as leader. To try to regain the respect from his fellow Decepticons he decided to avenge their fallen leader, so he came back … with a rather large group of Decepticons…" Daniel took a deep breath. "I was kind of a surprise… I guess facing down an army of giant robots make waiting for marriage not very appealing so I came along during mom and dad's senior year of high school. I don't remember much because I was so young but I learned later that mom and dad had to go on the run when Starscream and the Decepticons attacked my grandparents…killing them. I was five maybe six when Starscream finally caught up to us."

He smiled slightly when Lily took his hand and gave it a comforting squeeze, but suddenly had the feeling of a tug a war rope when Grace gave his other shoulder a gentle rub. "Anyway, Uncle Bee … Bumblebee tried to protect us, but Starscream was too powerful…I still remember seeing the missiles hit him … watching him fall …"

Bumblebee shoulders drooped and looked away remembering his failure as well. "Dad and Mom almost dragged me by hand and we ran as fast as we could to cover … a small forest … But that … that monster still followed us. Dad and Mom hid me in an old dead tree, told me to be strong … to remember the family motto … 'no sacrifice no victory'… Then they left me alone … They didn't scream … but I remember Starscream's laughter and the explosions…"

Hermione stared at the boy and for a moment her eyes played tricks. Instead of a brown haired, blue eyed child, for a moment she saw a dark haired boy with unruly hair and deep green eyes with determination hidden slightly by sadness and loss and a pair of old round glasses. Daniel was shocked when Hermione moved to him quickly and pulled him to a tight hug. "Why?" She asked no one in particular. "Why do these monsters always make especially the children suffer?"

"As long as energon runs through me," Optimus Prime spoke up in response to her question. "He will not be harmed again."

"Just so long as you don't do anything stupid," Daniel replied to the massive robot.

"You said Megatron was dead," Ron stated breaking the tender moment. "But that was the name Harry said was their leader. Starscream he mentioned but he said Megatron was the one who attacked him."

"Are you certain that is what you heard?"Optimus Prime asked narrowing his optics. "Megatron is dead. I was there and watched his spark fade."

"Positive," Ron nodded, biting his lip slightly.

"Ratchet?" Prime asked, turning to the medic.

"When the spark fades, there should not be a way to reactivate it, that we know of that is …" Ratchet rubbed his chin.

"That we know of," Prime stood up as he repeated Ratchet's words. "Where is Harry Potter now?"

"Knowing Minister Cunningham …" Ron sighed, "He's probably already at Azkaban."

"What?" Hermione asked with a slight blanch.

"C'mon Hermione, he knows us, I mean they teach about what we did in school these days," Ron shook his head, "Most are surprised we haven't tried to break Harry out already."

"Then I will need you to guide me to this Azkaban," Prime stated to Ron and Hermione before turning to the other Autobots. "The rest of you will remain here and watch over the children."

"Hold on just a second!" Ron waved his hands. "Only person who's ever broken out of Azkaban is Sirius Black, and we still aren't really sure how the crazy bugger did it!"

"Then we will aid Harry Potter to follow in his godfather's footsteps," Prime said transforming back into the semi, creating a hologram of a trailer behind him for additional cover. "He is the only one who can tell us what happened."

"I'm coming with you," Daniel tried to walk up.

"No, Daniel," Hermione said putting both hands on the teen's shoulders. "They'll be Dementors there. Do you know what they do?" Hermione asked and Daniel nodded. "After hearing of your path they'd especially come after you… I'm already afraid of what they have done to Harry already … all he's seen … been through … "Hermione turned to the semi. "How fast can we get there?"

Daniel watched as Hermione and Ron climbed into the cab of the large truck. "Don't worry, Dan," Hugo said to his friend. "They'll be ok. You want to come in and get a bite to eat?"

"Sure," Daniel nodded before following Hugo into the house.

Rose started to follow but turned back to see Lily and the American girl glaring daggers at each other. "Um … you coming in too?"

"Sure," they said together, not breaking eye contact.

"You know …" Lily said with a catty smile on her face. "MY daddy has saved the world."

"Oh really? That's cool," Grace replied with a pacifying smile. "Mine too."

---

"I hate this job …" the security Auror mumbled as he sat back in his chair at the booth at the bridge leading to the most feared prison in the Wizardry World. He glanced back behind him, across the long bridge to the infamous prison, and he could see Dementors floating above it. A shiver ran up his spine before he heard the sound of a loud horn approaching. "What?" he asked as the flame painted long nose semi roared toward the gate.

"What the blood…" He said as the semi slammed through the gate and roared across the bridge.

"There they come …" Ron whispered from the driver's seat as the wheel turned itself.

"Don't worry, I'll get you in," Prime stated as his windows began to frost over.

Hermione and Ron yelped at the same time as they both entered the grounds of the prison, neither noticing the truck they were riding in came to a stop as well.

"No…" Hermione whimpered clinging to her forehead as a memory slammed through her mind, which was actually the same one being brought to the forefront of

Ron's mind. It was a day that she remembered all too well, the day her she was sure her blood truly ran cold. They were in the Great Hall of Hogwarts when she heard Ron and Ginny yell out "NO!" She turned to see what had horrified the siblings before her own heart was stabbed by an invisible knife. Hagrid had walked in, his cheeks and beard soaked with tears, and in his arms, looking crumpled and broken was …

"Harry! HARRY!" Hermione cried out sitting up in Prime's seat.

Meanwhile the Autobot Commander was being mentally assaulted as well.

"Why are you doing this, brother?" Optimus Prime called out as Megatron threw him into a Cybertronian tower.

"You know why, Prime," Megatron growled, using his brother's new title mockingly. "I'm going to enjoy watching you die …"

Optimus Prime watched helplessly as Megatron formed his mega-cannon from his arms. He braced himself for the blast when another voice sounded. "ORION! NO!!"

"Elita!" Prime called out as Megatron fired his cannon right into the chest of the female Autobot. "NO!" Prime cried out as the crippled Elita-One fell into his arms.

Megatron watched in shock as Optimus cradled her. "Elita, open your optics, please!" Prime begged.

"Orion …" She said reaching up and touching his now uncovered face. "I will … see you again … when all are one …" she whispered before her body went limp and her optics and lights faded.

"I never intended her harm …" Megatron said softly staring at Elita's body. "As a Chaos Bringer she would have my priority … I would have protected her…"

Prime laid her down and replaced his faceplate before standing to his feet and stared down his rival. "She was never yours to protect."

"Till All Are One …" Optimus spoke up grabbing Hermione and Ron's attention. The doors opened signaling for the couple to get out. "I will deal with these demons, you get your friend. Hurry, time is short." He said transforming to his full height surprising not only the approaching human guards but even the Dementors.

Prime's faceplate snapped over his face as his blue optics stared at the horde of Dementors. "If you believe your despair can challenge my courage, come and try."

---

Hermione and Ron ran through the corridors of Azkaban, their two Patronus leading the way. "We'll never find him here," Ron complained out loud.

"He's this way," Hermione said turning toward a side corridor.

"How can you tell?" Ron asked glancing down at his glowing terrier.

"I don't know … I just can feel it, ok?" Hermione said biting her lip before nodding and running down the dark hallway.

"Great we're going on a hunch," Ron rolled his eyes as he followed.

"Do we really have time to argue now?" Hermione countered hotly before a vaguely familiar voice cried out her name. Ron and Hermione stared at each other with wide eyes. "I think it's a bit more than a hunch now."

"Harry! Harry! Where are you?" Hermione called out before she heard her name screamed again, followed by Ginny's, Albus-Severus' and James'. "Alohomora!" Hermione called out opening the locks on the door to the cell.

She rushed in recasting her Patronus to force away the Dementors that were tormenting her restrained best friend. "Hermione … Ginny … Albus … James … Mum … Dad… Sirius … Lupin …" Harry moaned, his eyes rolled back in his head and white foam at the corners of his mouth. "Megatron … don't … Bellatrix stop hurting … Hermione… NO!"

"Ron, I've got him," Hermione called out using Alohomora to unchain his ankles and wrists. Hermione cast a weight reducing spell on Harry before pulling an arm over her shoulder, lifting him from the hard stone seat he was chained to. Hermione tried her best to ignore Harry's whimpers, but every one seemed to tear at him more and more.

"Let's get him out of here, fast," Ron said leading them the way they came.

They quickly made it to the exit. "We made it!" Ron cheered before squealing when a Dementor landed flat on his back in front of. The Dementor tried to get back up only to collapse again. "Optimus, we got him!" Ron called out to the massive robot.

"Excellent," Optimus said returning to his vehicle mode. "Let's roll out!"

"Ron, help," Hermione said as they approached the passenger side of the truck. Ron climbed up first, and Hermione handed their trembling friend up before climbing in after. Hermione looked behind the seats to see the bench in the sleeper section extend into a bed on its own.

"Come on, Harry," Hermione whispered as she climbed into the back and pulled Harry with her, gently laying him into the bed.

"We're in," Ron said as the door shut itself and the truck started and pulled toward the bridge.

Hermione sat down on the bed and placed Harry's sweat soaked head in her lap, and began to stroke his hair gently.

"Hm," Ron said leaning the passenger seat back to stretch out a little more. "I might still get dishonorable discharge for this … any idea what a former Auror could probably do for a living? Maybe go back to work with George."

"Come now," Hermione smiled at her husband, "We just broke a man out of Azkaban. Obviously they'll put us both to death for it."

"You are such a comfort."

Optimus just sighed as he continued down the road. "Humans …"

---

"Shame the Yank left with Potter," Scorpio grumbled, "We could easily have some fun out of him. Though I'm sure I could have more fun out of that redheaded …" he said to his lackeys. "And what are you looking at?" He asked noticing the two kept looking behind them.

"I keep getting the feeling something's following us …" one of the two replied nervously.

None of the three Slytherin noticed a vaguely demonic giggle from just around the corner.

"I can't wait for them to get back, we'll have such … what the?!" Scorpio gasped as a trip cable caught his legs and he and his lackeys hit the ground.

The three screamed when the small red and gold robot approached them. "Listen, and listen good, pilgrim," it said using a recording from an old western.

"You mess with mi familia you mess with me!" it played another recording, shaking its fist.

"Now you be a good little boy and go and play nicely or …" Rewind stopped the old woman's voice to change to a Italian accent. "or I'll mess you up!"

"Mr. Malfoy, what is going on here?" Headmistress McGonagall said coming around the corner.

"THAT THING THREATENED US!" Scorpio said pointing to the harmless boom box sitting on the floor.

McGonagall looked at the horrified boys to the radio. "Mr. Malfoy have you been sneaking in firewhiskey again?"

McGonagall walked over and picked up the radio, and turned to the three boys. "I want you to go to Madam Pomfrey. And don't bother making up a story to tell her, I'll contact her and tell her what I want from you there. Now go before I take house points."

Scorpio and his friends watched fearfully before the radio came on playing the song "I'll be watching you". They proceeded to scream and make a run for the hospital wing.