Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets The Eye by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets The Eye

Classic Cowboy

More Than Meets the Eye

Chapter 6: Kindred Spirits

---

"So what do you think is up?" Neville said, like most of the others keeping his hand on his wand. "You don't think Harry's honestly flipped and endangered Ron and Hermione and their kids do you?" he asked reasoning of the only three active members of the Order not present were Harry Ron and Hermione.

"Harry would never hurt either of them," Teddy Lupin snapped with a deadly stare, "And he never hurt Ginny or the boys. As long as you've known him, you should KNOW he wouldn't, DIDN'T do it."

"The evidence though…" Kingsley started, but an angered voice from the door to the meeting room cut him off.

"Is a load of rubbish," Hermione said in a harsh tone.

"Hermione!" Molly exclaimed as the Order of the Phoenix all turned to the bushy haired witch standing in the doorway.

"If you would, Harry is having the meeting in the backyard, so we can better introduce our allies," Hermione stated and turned on her heel and left before anyone could question her further.

The Order quickly made their way behind her and stepped out the rear entrance and Molly let out a short scream as the others froze in their steps.

"The Order of the Phoenix," Optimus Prime stated as he stared down at the gathered group of wizards and witches. "It is an honor."

"The Autobots …" Luna breathed staring up at the group of alien robots.

"Allow me to make introductions," Harry said stepping between the groups. "Kingsley, Hagrid, Molly, Arthur, Teddy, Minerva, George, Charley, Fleur, Percy, Lavender, Luna, Neville, Padma, Parvati, this is the Autobots, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Blaster, Iron Hide, Rachet, Hound, and Cliffjumper. Autobots, the Order of the Phoenix." Harry said glancing to the Order members. "Need anymore proof of my innocence?" no one made any response besides stares at the Autobots.

"Lily, Hugo, Rose, take Daniel and Grace into the house, we need to talk with the Autobots," Harry said turning to the children.

"What? No I want to fight too," Lily said stubbornly. "You were five years younger than me when you started fighting Voldemort! Why can't we … I help!"

"You're right, but I didn't have a choice in the matter," Harry replied looking eyes with his daughter. "But you DO."

"No I don't, Megatron killed my mother, my brothers," Lily growled out her fists clinched as droplets of tears formed in the corner of her intense eyes. "I want him as bad as you do, Dad."

"Harry's right," Hermione stepped up beside him. "Now go on inside, we'll be inside in a bit."

"But …" Danny spoke up instead, getting a dark glare from Harry.

"Daniel, do as they say. Your time will come, all of you," Optimus Prime said glancing to each of the children. "But that time is not now." They started to argue again. "Before you can prove yourself, you must earn trust. And to earn trust you must prove that you can follow commands. Even commands you do not agree with."

Disappointment filled each of their faces as the group started to file into the house, Grace Danny and Lily remaining a moment before following along.

"This is bull shit," Grace cursed as she passed Iron Hide.

"Don't worry, Annabel," Iron Hide said glancing to his charge, "I'll let you fire off one of my cannons later. That always cheers you up."

Grace snorted and slammed the door to #12 Grimmauld behind her. Iron Hide glanced to Cliffjumper and Ratchet and shrugged. "Kids today."

"I believe an explanation is in order, Mr. Potter," McGonagall stated in the same tone she used when she taught him in class all those years ago.

Harry glanced to Prime and nodded and the two began their joint tales.

"So what are we to do?" McGonagall asked upon the conclusion of the stories.

"The only thing apparently I'm meant for," Harry said in a monotone voice. "Dumbledore conditioned me to be a weapon to fight Riddle. It seems that the weapon that was used to destroy him as Voldemort is needed again to destroy him as Megatron."

"Harry, that's not true," Hermione countered, but Harry held up his hand.

"Why else would he have left me in that horrible family to grow up? Conditioned me to be a survivor," Harry said not noticing Prime's optics narrowing on him. "He planned out Riddle's moves ahead of him to make me more than him. Remember the power he knows not? Sitting in Azkaban I finally figured it out. It's a lack of fear of death. I don't fear it … a part of me is begging for it."

"Harry, that was the Dementors twisting things around," Ron countered after a gulp.

"We can't do much until we find out exactly what he's after if he's even after anything at all," Harry whispered turning away from the group. "Any ideas Optimus?"

"This is unsure territory for everyone," Optimus spoke up after a moment. "He is neither Megatron, nor is he Voldemort. He is a new creature born of the two. That's what makes him the most dangerous … but that could also give us an advantage."

"How so?" Neville asked as they studied the towering Autobot.

"If what I understanding to be true … at the moment Megatron's spark and Thomas Riddle's spirit are joined together in a balance," Optimus stated, "from what Harry explained he was showing character traits of them both, which shows that they have bonded together as one. If we could find some way to disrupt the balance we could make him destroy himself." He glanced toward Harry. "All we must do is discover a weakness that is shared by both."

"But before we can do that we must discover our own weaknesses and reinforce them," Prime stated staring directly at the former Boy Who Lived. "It has been a long day and we should rest and contemplate what we have learned together; discuss it among ourselves and compare our knowledge of our now mutual enemy and of each other. If Megatron and Riddle have indeed joined as one; we cannot defeat him as two separate entities. The Autobots and the Order of the Phoenix must become as one to challenge him and win."

---

"Everything is going as you planned my Lord," Black Arachnia stated as she crawled into the cavern where the Dark Lord of the Decepticons rested.

"Excellent …" Megatron nodded as he opened his glowing red eyes to glance to the robotic spider. "Are Astrotrain, Tidalwave, and Barricade in position?"

"Yes my Lord and Master," Black Arachnia stated as she transformed into her humanoid form stumbling slightly for her footing.

"You are not yet comfortable in your new body, my dear," Megatron said grabbing her arm to give her stability. "That will come soon enough."

"Thank you, My Lord," she bowed slightly, her glowing red optics going away from the menacing figure before her. "Starscream has something to report as well, sire."

"Oh?" Megatron asked with an amused tone. "I wonder how his plans are going. Let us go and find out," Megatron said as he and the black and purple Decepticon walked out of his resting place. "What is this?" Megatron asked in disgust as he looked at his former second in command and the small army at his feet.

"All Hail Megatron!" The crowd of humans cheered lifting their arms to show a tattoo of the Decepticon symbol.

"They are your followers, My Lord," Starscream stated glancing to the humans. "Normal humans and wizards: all willing to fight for your cause to the death."

"What would we need these pathetic insects for?" Megatron asked in a hateful growl.

"Incase you didn't notice, Lord Megatron," Starscream said in a pacifying tone. "Humans have rather small structures, so small even with your awesome power would have trouble eliminating all hiding within…"

"You do have a point, Starscream. And they would make decent expendable trained maze rats to make it through Hogwarts and destroying all the pathetic children who worship Potter." Megatron mused while nodding. "They will be useful indeed… Perhaps I shouldn't have wiped out the majority of my past life's followers …"

"Malfoy?" Black Arachnia asked suddenly curious.

"Yes, he was among the slaughter," Megatron stated glancing to the femme Decepticon.

"Did he scream?" she asked in a childlike tone.

"At least until his lungs collapsed, yes," Megatron smiled.

"I wish I hadn't missed it …" Arachnia pouted.

"Don't worry, when the time comes you'll be able to cause screams to your spark's content," Megatron placed his clawed hand on the smaller female's shoulder.

"Excellent, thank you, My Lord," she bowed slightly.

"The pleasure is mine, my dear … Soundwave," Megatron turned to the purple Decepticon, "Contact Scorpinok, inform him to prepare for phase two for my personal mission."

"As you command, Megatron," Soundwave nodded before walking away.

"Ah, crushing Potter's spirits has not even begun to lose its flavor …" Megatron sighed contently.

---

"There's one thing I don't understand," Optimus Prime stated as he glanced down at McGonagall. "If Professor Dumbledore knew Harry would one day have to face Voldemort, why did he wait so long to begin his training?"

"Albus always said he wanted Harry to experience as much of his life as possible, not to grow up too quickly," McGonagall explained glancing to Harry who was standing off to himself. "Though I assumed there was other reasons behind it, though those reasons followed Albus to the grave."

"There was an obvious compromise, bringing Harry in himself, teaching him your ways at a early age so that he would not have the disadvantage he had coming into your 'wizardry world'." Prime mused. "This country is still free from Voldemort's rule and he fell so it was successful, but from what I have studied of the family he was raised with one would consider it more punishment than a refuge… That as a foundation in addition to what he is experiencing now…" Optimus said glancing up to see Harry walking around the side of the old house. "One can only take so much … Excuse me."

Harry sighed loudly as he walked to the front of Number Twelve and reached into his pocket. He placed the rolled paper in his lip and with a flick of his wand lit the end.

"Intake of tobacco smoke is said not to be beneficial to human oxidation cycles." Optimus Prime stated as he walked up behind the human.

"How can something as big as you get around so quietly?" Harry asked glancing up at the massive mecha.

"Years of practice," Prime said, glancing up at a passing car. "This is … different for us to be in this form and not to be noticed."

"The wonders of wards," Harry stated taking a drag on his cigarette. "To the Muggles outside there this is an old empty gravel lot. You, me and the House isn't here."

"There is no dishonor in grieving the loss of loved ones, Young one," Prime stated, "If it makes any difference, I know the pain you are feeling."

"I doubt that," Harry gave a humorless chuckle. "Ever lost someone you held so dear it felt like you were dead inside."

"Yes," Prime replied with a small shake to his normally booming, confident voice. "A lover and … a brother."

Harry glanced up curiously, "To the Autobots, especially the younger ones like Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, I am the pillar for them to lean on and trust in. But there was a time when I was nothing. Not even a soldier. I was simply a worker drone, nothing special. My brother was the hero and I was content to watch him rise in the ranks." Prime closed his optics as if trying to block out the images. "A Femme and I began getting close, I was not aware of my brother's feelings for her as well at the time, but we were happy together. Then when our leader, Alpha Trion announced that his time with us was soon to end … and he would name the next leader, everyone expected him to chose Duo … my brother as Leader."

"What happened?" Harry asked turning to face the Autobot fully.

"Duo was desperate for the highest rank. He felt that after all his hard work he deserved to lead, and perhaps … he did. But Trion chose another. One who did not want the responsibility, one who had no history of fighting, or leading, just … a simple worker drone." Prime's lips turned up in a small smile. "Elita was so proud when he chose me … and renamed me Optimus Prime."

"Duo led at my side, as my assistant and he along with Trion taught me all I needed to know to lead," Prime stated, before glancing to the stars. "Then the war came. And in the opening battles … I had lost all I held dear. All I had left is the Autobots … and a will to survive."

"I know the feeling …" Harry said throwing away the used cigarette and pulling another out.

"But young one, one thing I have learned, if you live long enough, those empty places inside you will never truly fill, but you will find others," Prime nodded before glancing back to the house. "Daniel is quite the handful for a small human. But he has a good heart, and a strong spirit. I could not care for him more then if he was my own youngling. I may be subjective but I do believe your daughter could choose worse for a potential courter."

"I'd rather not think about that …" Harry shivered slightly.

"Fair enough," Optimus nodded, "I will give you this to think of. No matter how this new battle ends, if it leads to a new war…The Autobots will be with you till the end."

"I appreciate that, Optimus," Harry nodded, taking a drag. "And do me one more favor …" Harry said glancing up. "Don't tell Hermione about the cigarettes. I've seen her on Ron when he started … I'd like to avoid it as long as possible."

"Your secret is safe," Optimus laughed lightly.

---

"This sucks," Grace complained as she dropped herself into the love seat in the living room of Number Twelve. "I didn't come all the way from Metroplex to be babied by a four eyed Prime Wanna-Be."

"Don't call my dad names," Lily snapped as she glared at the blond.

"Says the goody-goody little princess that does as told," Grace taunted with a scowl.

"Not everything can be solved by going in with a big gun," Lily countered.

"Big Guns can solve anything," Grace said sitting up with her chest stuck out, her eyes going down her body as she smiled. "Of course you wouldn't know about that would you?"

"Ok, ladies let's just calm down, we don't need to be fighting among ourselves," Daniel said standing up and moving between them.

"Fair enough, though what do you think, Dan?" Grace asked turning on the boy. "Which do you prefer: Big Guns or the smaller makes?"

"Uh …" Daniel's blue eyes widened in terror as Lily and Grace stared at him expectantly.

"Yeah Danny-boy, which do you like?" Rose giggled as she and her brother walked in.

Daniel glanced from girl to girl before taking a back step away, yet the girls met him step for step till his back was against the wall.

"Answer the question, Daniel," Lily said, her voice more crisp then Daniel had ever heard.

He could think of only one response…

"Oh Boy."

TO BE CONTINUED

A/N I Just wanted to add a plug to ECR Potter's TF HP cross. He's got some good stuff there and comes highly recommended. Personally I hope he doesn't take his tale down as dark a road as mine ^_^; in any case, thanks all for reading and don't forget to review!