Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Than Meets The Eye by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Than Meets The Eye

Classic Cowboy

More Than Meets the Eye

Chapter 5: Along Came a Spider

---

Harry's eyes slowly opened and he found himself in a large comfy bed. "Oh my head …" Harry groaned as he struggled to sit up.

"Don't sit up," He heard from his side and yelped when he was pushed back down into the bed. "Lumos … look into the light." Hermione's voice commanded as he felt fingers force one of his eyes open. The light blared into each of them before he found his glasses placed on his face. He blinked the spots away and focused on the bushy haired witch before him. "It seems the drug those Ministry idiots gave you is almost worn off."

"Hermione?" Harry croaked staring up at her.

"Good, memory intact, I was concerned about that," Hermione said pulling the sheet back to run her wand over his, to Harry's horror, naked body.

"HERMIONE!" Harry squeaked pulling the sheet to his chest.

"Honestly Harry, I have a PhD, it's not like I haven't seen it all before. Seen one seen um all and all that rubbish," Hermione said jerking at the blanket in Harry's death grip. "Who do you think undressed you?"

"I'd hope Ron," Harry replied with wide horrified eyes, which earned a snort from the woman.

"Yeah right," Hermione chuckled, with a smile she likely used on Hugo and Rose when they were disagreeable. "He seemed to think undressing your unconscious best mate is crossing some line in an unwritten rule book."

"And honestly Harry, who do you think helped to take care of you all those times you were out cold for days in the hospital wing back at Hogwarts, hm?" Hermione asked, and Harry looked visibly ill. "Madam Pomfrey actually gave me extra credits for volunteer work."

"Oh my God … why didn't you ever tell me …" Harry asked in pure horror.

"Tell you I've seen in detail your block and tackle? Never really came up in conversation actually," Hermione gave a small smirk. "And seeing by the redness of your cheeks and ears the blood flow is working properly."

"Why am I naked?" Harry asked still holding tight to the blanket.

"We still aren't sure exactly what drugs they gave you to keep you subdued till they could get you to Azkaban," Hermione stated, "I had to thoroughly exam you to see if there were any other side effects that could help in the identification process and to be sure everything worked as it should."

"You check … everything?" Harry blinked reddening even farther.

"Yes of course I …" Hermione started before realizing what he was implying. "God, You and Ron, will you ever grow up and get out of the damned gutter, shit." Hermione cursed and flushed, which gave Harry a moment of triumphant pleasure till his memory began to fully return. He sat up and closed his eyes tightly.

"Ginny …" Harry placed a hand over his face, and Hermione was seated on the bed and at his side in an instant, gripping his arm.

"Take it easy, Harry …" Hermione consoled as she gently ran her hand in a circle over his shoulder.

"Whatever they gave me and the Dementors …" Harry whimpered, "It made it worse … I saw it happen … what he … what he did to her …"

"We need to know what happened, Harry," Hermione said with a soft yet steady voice. "But lets do it one time so it won't be so hard on you," Hermione said getting up to move to the closet. "I'll get you some of Ron's cloths; You two aren't that much different in body size."

"I'm sure you made a proper comparison," Harry said with a small smile.

"Hush you," Hermione threw a tee-shirt at him.

Harry started to pull on the Tee-shirt and went for the boxers and jeans at the foot of the bed but stopped and looked up. "Hermione?" Harry asked, making eye contact with the woman who stood at the door patiently watching over him.

"Yes Harry?" Hermione asked curiously.

"Do you mind?"

Hermione cocked an eyebrow. "Honestly … men and their shyness astounds me …" she rolled her eyes and walked out of the room.

---

"This may be a bit of a shock, but Ron and I have made some new allies that could help us," Hermione said as she led Harry through the house toward front door.

"With everything that's going on, I have a feeling we'll need all the help we can get," Harry replied as he followed along behind.

"Don't say I didn't warn you though …" Hermione said as they walked out of the back door of her home. Harry froze at the sight of the yard full of giants; seemingly mechanical giants… familiar giants …

"Hey Harry," Ron greeted where he stood with a large yellow armored robot and a young boy Lily's age. But before anyone could make a motion Harry reached and pulled Hermione's wand from her pocket and aimed it at the towering robot.

"EXPELLIARMUS!!" Harry called out blasting Bumblebee in the chest.

The Autobot yelped in surprise as he flew through air before landing hard on his back.

The other Autobots turned quickly as Ron and Hermione turned to Harry, but before either could get to him he shot forward. "YOU TOOK THEM FROM ME!!" Harry cried out wildly, firing curses at the Autobots before coming face to face with Optimus Prime.

"Calm yourself," Optimus stated as he stood tall before him, his face-guard snapping into place. "I do not wish to fight you, Harry Potter."

"YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU KILLED MY WIFE … KILLED MY CHILDREN," Harry screamed at the towering Autobot, aiming his wand at him. "Avada …" The air escaped his lungs as Ron tackled him to the ground, and pinned him there.

"These guys are on our side, the ones who killed Ginny and the boys are their enemies too." Ron hissed as he held him down.

Harry almost got away from the redheaded Auror when a soft voice broke through his rage.

"They saved me, daddy."

"Lily?" Harry asked looking up to see his only daughter looking down at him sadly.

"It seems the Decepticons, their enemies, went after her too," Hermione spoke up as Ron carefully helped Harry to his feet.

"Are you ok, Love?" Harry whispered as he stared at the redheaded girl. "Did they hurt you?" he asked as Lily broke into tears and dove into her father's arms.

"Danny, he brought them here, called them. They came at just the right moment and he and his friends saved me from one of them…" Lily whispered into her father's chest.

"Can someone please explain what the hell is going on?" Harry hissed glancing around at the gathered humans and robots.

"I believe I can fill you in Mr. Potter sir," Daniel flushed slightly. He gulped when Harry gave him a stern glare and continued to catch him up on what he explained to the others earlier.

"I … I see." Harry said as Lily though no longer crying continued to cling to him. He glanced to the yellow Autobot and smiled slightly. "Sorry 'bout that shot, Bumblebee is it? No hard feelings?"

Bumblebee gave the dark-haired wizard a thumbs up. "Good…" Harry whispered before glancing around at the group.

"Harry Potter," Optimus Prime got to one knee to look more level at him, or as level as he could.

"Just Harry please," Harry nodded, absently rubbing his daughter's shoulder.

"Of course, Harry …" Optimus nodded as his face shield folded back into his helmet. "You have heard our story, now we wish to know yours. I know it is likely a painful memory, but I do not understand why upon Megatron's revival he would attack you and your family. I would have expected him to attack us, or a surviving member of Daniel's family or perhaps even the Lennox family," he said glancing to the Blonde standing beside Daniel. "They each had a hand in his previous destruction. Furthermore, even though we appear to be merely machines death is not something we can easily return from, if ever."

"It … it was Voldemort," Harry said and Ron and Hermione's eyes widened. "But not completely … I have an itchy feeling, the surviving Death Eaters, Voldemort's followers, had a hand in bringing him back. He said he had Voldemort's memories, as well as his own…"

"Sounds like double trouble," Gracie spoke up from Daniel's side.

"Start from the beginning Harry, what happened?" Hermione asked touching his shoulder.

"Ginny the boys and I had returned home from Molly's Christmas party in rather high spirits. The boys had just went to bed and Gin and I were waiting to make sure they were asleep to bring out their gifts…"

---

Christmas Eve

Harry sat back in his recliner in front of the fireplace watching the clock. "Less than an hour till Christmas Day, Mrs. Potter," Harry winked flirtily as Ginny walked into the living room with a pair of mugs filled hot chocolate.

"You're really going to have to get on your best friends, Mr. Potter," Ginny grinned as she handed him his mug and took her seat across from him. "We're about to be winning by two," She said patting her for the time being flat belly.

"I'd rather not think about their love life, Gin," Harry shook his head. "Some things you just don't want to picture your best friends doing together."

Ginny just snorted, "Actually I'm more interested in our love life as you put it …" Ginny whispered with half closed eyes. Harry started to respond when a loud sonic boom echoed and the windows of the home shattered. "What was that?" Ginny gasped as Harry shot to his feet and headed toward the front door.

Harry exited the house with Ginny and then James and Albus close behind. With his wand tightly gripped in his hand, Harry looked around their isolated home. "Harry…" a booming voice echoed from above as the massive mechanical demon floated down to land before them. "It's been a long time my old dear friend."

"You …" Harry's eyes only showed surprise for a moment before they hardened and he glared up at the monster.

"Already figured me out then did you old friend?" the demon laughed, his glowing scarlet eyes glaring down at him.

"I don't know how you came back, Voldemort," Harry hissed causing Ginny to gasp. "But I'm going to send you right back to Hell, even if I have to drag you there myself."

"I've let Voldemort and the human weakness he still represented die, Harry," the demon spoke. "I am now Lord Megatron."

"Megatron? Still calling yourself silly names?" Harry asked making sure to stand between his family and the intruder. "You're still just Tom Riddle, running away from death."

"Not anymore, as you can see," Megatron said holding up his long arms and spiked claws. "I am something more, I am joined with something as grand and powerful as myself, something with the same ambitions and goals. And together we are more."

"Ginny, you and the boys get in the house," Harry said not taking his eyes off the mechanical monster.

"But I …" Ginny started but Harry cut her off.

"I said GET IN THE HOUSE!" Harry snapped. "Get in the basement and lock the door with the strongest charms you know."

"Ah so you mated with Ginerva?" Megatron asked curiously. "I had figured you would have taken the filthy Mudblood who acted like your pet. Guess you can't predict them all, can you, Harry?"

Ginny and the boys did as Harry said and with a flick of the wand Harry's pajama pants and T-shirt transfigured into his Auror robes and armor.

You've got the touch …

"You honestly think you can battle me, Harry Potter?" Megatron asked with a sneer. "I am far more powerful than you can ever imagine."

"I'll put that to the test," Harry narrowed his eyes.

You've got the power!

Yeah!

Megatron's massive claw shot forward but only dug into the ground where Harry had been standing. His metal lips opened to reveal a row of jagged teeth as he glanced to the large tree beside the house and Harry standing calmly on a limb. "I believe you'll find I'm not the helpless luck dependant youth you took on last time either, Riddle."

After all is said and done

You've never walked, you've never run,

You're a winner

Harry muttered a small Japanese phrase as he waved his wand slightly. Megatron's optics narrowed as Harry leapt forward planting both hands to his metallic chest. A moment later Megatron flew backwards. "It's called Genjutsu, the Japanese style of magic." Harry explained as the robotic demon climbed back to his feet. "If you weren't such a bigot you could have taken the time to learn it. Though it requires inner peace… I know you know nothing of that."

"I will crush you where you stand …" Megatron seethed in rage.

You got the moves

You know the streets

Break the rules, take the heat

You're nobody's fool

"So childish," Harry whispered Megatron rushed him slashing at him. "If some praises you or fears you you're fine, but if someone defies you then comes the temper tantrum." He noted as he dodged each attack, showing no fear of the giant.

You're at your best when the goin' gets rough

You've been put to the test, but it's never enough

Megatron roared as he finally grabbed Harry up in a claw. "EXPELLIARMUS!!" Harry called out as he pointed his wand directly in Megatron's face.

You got the touch

You got the power

When all hell's breakin' loose

You'll be riding the eye of the storm

Megatron screamed out as his head whipped backwards and dropped the Auror to the ground. "Incendio Maxima!" Harry called out as he unleashed a massive blast of fire at Megatron. "Locomotor Mortis!!" Harry casted locking Megatron's legs together. "REDUCTO!" Harry cast his spell, blasting the Decepticon's chest sending him hard to the ground on his back.

You got the heart

You got the motion

You know that when things get too tough

You got the touch

"Sectumsempra!" Harry cast repeatedly at the living machine, causing him to cry out in pain.

"Do you yield?" Harry asked knowing he had won this battle.

"It isn't over yet …" Megatron laughed. "DECEPTICONS!! NOW!!!"

Harry didn't have a chance to react when a missile exploded violently at his back sending him to the ground. "Allow me to introduce my faithful followers, Mr. Potter…" Megatron laughed as he broke free from his mystical bindings with ease.

"Starscream and Thundercracker," Megatron introduced as two F-22 fighter jets flew in, transformed into massive humanoid robots landed on either side of the Auror leader.

"Astrotrain," Megatron called out and a massive black and white robot stomped out of the forest toward him.

"Tidalwave," He said as an even larger robot approached from another direction.

"Barricade," Megatron nodded as an American Ford Mustang police vehicle pulled up and transformed.

"And Soundwave," a large purple and gold space aged fighter flew down and transformed, landing at Megatron's side.

Before Harry could ready another attack Thundercracker and Starscream had grabbed him by both arms and lifted him into the air. "These humans are so pathetic, it isn't even fun to kill them they die so easily," Starscream laughed.

"Stupefy!" a curse just barely missed Starscream's head.

Harry looked back to see Ginny, James and Albus there with their wands drawn. "Ginny, James, Albus, RUN!" Harry called out in fear.

"James, take your brother and run," Ginny said as she narrowed her eyes.

"But, Mum," James started to argue.

"James, you're the oldest, take Albus and go, go to your Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron. We'll be ok, so don't worry. Do you understand?" Ginny hissed gripping her sons' arms.

"REDUCTO!" Ginny cast a curse at Astrotrain, but the spell wasn't strong enough to even slow the Decepticon down. "LET ME GO!" She wailed as the massive robot lifted her from the ground, crushing her wand between his thumb and forefinger.

"I've got the brats," Barricade said as he transformed into the squad car and shot after the two running teenagers.

James and Albus heard the car approaching and the eldest of the Potter sons turned and prepared to cast a spell but the car was moving too fast.

"NO!!" Harry screamed as he heard the sound of a car going over two fleshy bumps in its path.

"Awe … the little one is still moving a little bit," Barricade said as he shifted back into his robot mode.

"Please no …" Harry whimpered as he and his wife watched in terror as the Decepticon stomped the life out of their only surviving son. "Why are you doing this?" Harry asked in outrage and pain.

"You took everything away from me, not once, Potter," Megatron growled as he approached the two restrained humans. "But twice. Now it's time to return the favor …" he said turning to the redhead in Astrotrain's hands.

"Ah Ginevra," Megatron smiled as he looked down at the shell shocked redhead. "Do you remember me, Ginny? I remember you. You helped me unlock the Chamber of Secrets when you were but eleven years old. You helped me once. If you chose to submit to me yet again my dear, I will spare your life. You were one of the few to never fail me. Will you be my servant again?"

"Go back to Hell you son of a bitch," Ginny growled before spitting at the Decepticon Leader's face.

"So unwise …" Megatron sighed before taking her by her shoulders and lifting her from Astrotrain's grip. "Yet so beautiful. You really couldn't have chosen a more beautiful woman to mother your children Harry…" Megatron said holding her within a few feet of the Auror. "Look at her eyes, Harry, so beautiful … so full of life …" Megatron gripped her shoulders tightly as he smiled evilly. "Harry, look in her big blue eyes…"

"I love you, Harry …" Ginny whispered as she held eye contact.

"How touching …" Megatron whispered. Ginny's eyes widened in pain and her mouth fell open in a silent scream as Megatron pulled her shoulders apart.

Harry felt a warm fluid splash his face and clothing. His mind struggled to realize it was his wife's blood as Megatron ripped her in half. Once the comprehension registered, his mind shut down.

"Should we crush this last one, Megatron?" Starscream asked gripping Harry's shoulder and arm enough to cause severe pain, but Harry didn't make a sound. He just stayed there in their hands, staring at the two discarded halves of his wife.

"Don't be a fool, Starscream, he has other family still," Megatron stated with a chuckle, "I want him to cry out for me to end his existence. Leave him with the bodies."

---

"They left me there with them," Harry explained to the others. "The Aurors came and took me to the Ministry, and said I … did it. When I tried to explain what happened, they gave me some kind of potion and it went fuzzy from there…"

"Damn them…" Ron cursed, as Hermione and Lily hugged Harry tightly.

"If what you say is true," Optimus Prime stated thoughtfully. "Then this hybrid of our two enemies is far more dangerous than ever before."

"We need to call the Order together on this," Harry said with little emotion. "Hermione, let me see your arm…" He said turning to the bushy-haired woman.

Hermione blinked back her tears for a moment, wiped her eyes before quickly rolling up her sleeve. Harry looked down at the small tattoo just below the bend of Hermione's arm. It was of a sleeping Phoenix with its wings folded and its head and neck curled into its body. Harry took Hermione wand again and gently placed it over the mark. A moment later the tattoo emitted the sound of a phoenix's call as it changed it shape as if the phoenix awoke and took flight.

The same sound came from Ron and Harry's arms as their matching tattoos went through the same changes. "Alright we need to get to Number Twelve, All of us." Harry said with the same cold voice, taking a glance at the children. "Preferably a non-magical way so the Ministry won't be able to track us."

"I believe we can supply that way," Optimus Prime said turning to his fellow Cybertronians. "Autobots! TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!"

Harry watched in amazement as the group of robots shifted and changed into a variety of vehicles. "Wicked …" Harry whispered.

"My words exactly, mate," Ron nodded.

"Do we need to pack our things, mum?" Rose asked.

"No, we're in a bit of a rush, love," Hermione said moving toward Optimus Prime. "If we need anything we can have Kreacher fetch it for us."

"Then as the … er truck said," Hugo said, "Let's Roll out!"

"Danny, wanna ride with me and Ironhide?" the American girl asked as she climbed into the large black truck.

"Na, I think I'll stick with Lily and Bumblebee for this ride," Daniel said climbing into the driver's seat of the yellow Camaro.

Lily flashed Grace a small, triumphant look before climbing into the passenger seat. "Ok, little girl," Gracie whispered as she climbed into Ironhide's cab. "I'll give you a slight head start on account of your mom and brothers, but just a little then I'm blowing you out of the water."

"I'd chose my battles carefully, Grace," Ironhide spoke inside the cab.

"Oh I know I might not win this one," Grace grinned as she gripped his steering wheel. "And this war's looking like it's gonna be fun."

---

"What are we doing here again, Lord Megatron?" Starscream asked in annoyance.

"Silence!" Megatron hissed as he continued to dig in the hard ground. "Ah …" He smiled as he finally found a plain, pine box. "Soundwave!" Megatron called out, "Bring her new body to me."

"As you command, Megatron," Soundwave replied in a dull mechanical voice as he pulled a large metal container. "The body was constructed to the dimensions you instructed, Megatron."

Megatron opened the casket and his expression grew sad at the sight of the skeletal remains. He silently went to the larger casket-like box and opened it to the mass of metal. He silently placed the human remains into the constructed body. He then opened his chest and pulled out a single broken shard of the Allspark that had been melted into his chest cavity. "Come back to me, my most loyal servant …" Megatron whispered as he placed the shard into the human remains' chest.

'CHI-CHI-CHI-CHI' echoed followed by a feminine scream. "What in Cybertron's name?" Starscream asked as a massive demonic-looking, cybernetic spider crawled from the box before turning to Megatron.

"WEASLEY!" The newborn Decepticon screamed before shifting shape into a feminine humanoid shape. "W-What happened? Where're the Weasley Cows, and the Mudblood? Potter? MY LORD!" she asked in a panic which earned a smile from Megatron.

"We lost the battle, my dear, but we have not lost the war." Megatron smiled. "Welcome back to the land of the living, Bellatrix … or should I say now … Black Arachnia?"

"I … I don't understand, my Lord …" Black Arachnia asked in a fearful confused voice. "What happened to you? What happened to me?"

"I will explain it all in do time, my dear, but will you once again be my second in command?" Megatron asked with a knowing smile.

"MEGATRON!" Starscream cried in outrage.

"I TOLD YOU SILENCE, STARSCREAM!" Megatron bellowed, "No wonder you fail me so if you cannot follow the simplest of commands!"

"As … as you command Megatron…" Starscream growled bowing slightly.

"Now, we must begin to plan our next move …" Megatron smiled darkly.

To Be Continued…

Song credits: "The Touch" by Stan Bush