Unofficial Portkey Archive

Conquered Love by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Conquered Love

i found nemo

Disclaimer: All rights belong to JKR.

Conquered Love

Chapter 1: Scream Insanities

AN/: Fluffy little fic that totally disregards Deathly Hallows, which was great... just not for Harmonian shippers. This has been beta'd only by me, so all errors are mine. If anyone would like to beta for me that'd be great, just say so in a review. Enjoy!

"FINALLY!" shouted cheerful and completely pissed voices from the living room of number 12 Grimmauld Place. Hermione Granger smiled wearily from the front door, closing it behind her. She had been working late at the office and totally forgot about her best friend's engagement party taking place at their house. Now, finally making it home at 11:30 she was entirely too tired to stay awake with her friends and have a few drinks only to have to wake up at 5 a.m. the following morning.

"Hey guys. Ron I'm sorry I'm late, a mission-"

"Hermione I'm getting married!!" shouted Ron from the bar in the corner with a large bottle of firewhiskey in one hand and the other wrapped around his unstable fiancé, Lavender. "And you're late! This is one of the last nights I'll have as a free man and you're bloody late!"

"I know I'm sorry, I-"

"Party foul for Hermione Granger on account of being late!" yelled Seamus coming up to give her a kiss on the cheek.

"You know what this means!" said George coming through the kitchen door with a half glass of whiskey and shoving it in her hands.

"Double for you all night long!" followed his twin with a full bottle of liquor filling Hermione's glass up to the brim with amber liquid.

"Fred I-" Hermione tried waving her hand that wasn't holding the glass to tell him that she wasn't going to drink it.

"HERMIIIIIONE!!" bellowed a voice from the stairs. Hermione turned to see Harry stumbling down the stairs with a foreign bottle in his hands full of bright green liquid. Hermione narrowed her eyes at Harry taking in his inebriated state. Harry was hardly one to ever drink so much to the point where he was shouting and falling all over the place for no reason.

That was usually left to Ron.

"Hermione, Hermione, Hermione," he said again as he shuffled towards her, "I'm so glad you're here. It's just me and you now 'Mi, just me and you with this big old house to ourselves." he told her moving in to give her a hug.

"Harry!" she gasped as she felt cold liquid trickle down the front of her blouse.

"Oh, whoopsie, spill on isle five." said Harry, his eyebrows raising as he looked down at her wet chest, "Here, let me mop that up," he said wiping his palm down the valley of her breasts finishing at the end of her stomach.

"Harry stop!" Hermione said firmly reaching for his bottle and placing it along with her cup on a nearby coffee table.

"I'm sorr-"

"Harry James Potter, upstairs now!" she demanded poking a finger into is chest and then pointing it towards the stairs.

"Yes ma'am but it might be a little tricky-"

"C'mon," she grabbed his arm and threw it around her shoulders, her other arm wrapping around his waist to support him.

"Harry, what's the reason for all this?" asked Hermione in a more gentle tone as they reached Harry's bedroom.

"Don't need a reason to get pissed Hermione!" said Harry blissfully before falling on his bed.

"Yeah, but you're never this pissed. Where's Brooke?" she asked referring to his girlfriend of about two months.

"Ya know there was a ball at the minister's house tonight to celebrate his firs' year in office. She said she wanted us to go but I reminded her about the engagement party tonight and she said quote on quote 'It is much more important for us to be seen together at the Minister's Anniversary Ball then at your friend's stupid engagement party.'" Hermione gasped and gave Harry a disturbed look as he imitated Brooke in a high annoying voice. "Yeah, and thennnn she asked me wha' was more important, her or Ron." Hermione came to sit next to Harry on the bed looking utterly shocked, "And that was when I chucked her."

"Oh Harry I'm so sorry-"

"Don't be. It's not like it 'asn't 'appened before. It 'appens with every girl I try to date. They all fall in love with the scar... not the heart." Harry then gave her a puppy dog look, " I mean scars aren't exactly the most attractive thing, it doesn't make sense that they would rather 'ave that then my pretty lil' heart."

Hermione gave out a light laugh, "Oh Harry, they don't know what they're missing."

Harry looked at her and smiled before waving a hand in front of him and looking away, saying in an immature voice, "Stop it, I'll blush."

Hermione laughed again while Harry sighed and lay back on his bed. "Looks like no one will ever fall in love with me."

"Why's that?" she asked him, wondering why he could ever think that. 'I'll give you a hint, someone in this room loves you Harry Potter,' she thought sadly as she observed him.

"Because... because people like me can't tell if people are truly interested or just want my golddd, 'cause I got lots of that," he finished rather stupidly. She could tell the effects of alcohol were really taking a toll on him by the way he would rush through his sentences.

"I admit, I am ridiculously good looking but still..."

Hermione laughed, "Yes, you are ridiculously good looking."

"Ahah! Told ya!" he said sitting up and squeezing her arm, giving her a stupid grin. 'An adorable stupid grin...' she thought as she smiled back at him.

Harry let go of her arm to swish a finger between them, "I think we should get married."

"Funny," she said with raised eyebrows.

"I'M SERIOUS! I mean no I'm not Sirius... BUT I'M SERIOUS!"

"Oh-kay Harry, off to bed with you." she said trying to push him down.

"No Hermione," he said confidently leaning back up to look her in the face, " I've been waiting to tell you a secret for a long time but it was a secret so I wasn't sure I should tell you but I think I'm going to break the rules of secret keeping tonight because I 'ave to tell you my secret that I've been secretly keeping for a long time." His head was bobbing all over the place during his speech and Hermione was growing a tad impatient.

"Okay, Harry I'm listening."

Harry leaned in to whisper in her ear, "I love you."

She let out a soft laugh and nodded her head, "Okay, I love you too... now get some sleep."

"But wait! I love you!" he said again with an adorable look like he was a boy who just found out his puppy had died.

"And I said I love you too!" she said edgily.

Harry gripped Hermione's hands and stood them up, Harry making the both of them wobble. "So we should kiss now."

"What?"

Harry gave her a cheeky grin and leaned in while singing under his breath, "I love you, you love me, we can make a hap-py fam-i-lyyyy-"

He held the note as Hermione quickly drew up a hand and placed it over his mouth to cut him off, "Harry stop."

"What? Why? Don't you want me to kiss you? It's kind of a tradition you know... you say I love you's and then you kiss... and then maybe..." he mumbled slowly looking towards his bed as he finished.

"Harry you don't even know what you're saying."

"Yes I do, I love you. Do you know what you're saying because I know I just said I love you. I'll say it backwards for you if you want-"

"Harry-"

"I love you, I looove you, I lovey lovey lovey loooove you!" he said each in a different tone of voice.

Hermione gave a sad short smile, "No you don't Harry-"

She was cut off as Harry leaned in to press his lips to hers. Hermione inhaled sharply as he did, but didn't move. She began to lean in to the kiss as a few moments went by, 'God, this was better than I imagined... too bad he's drunk and he doesn't know what he's doing...'

Harry broke the kiss but didn't move much, tilting his head away from her lips half an inch so he could speak, "Don't you want us to kiss?"

Hermione sighed and looked into his eyes, "Yes... but I want you to be sober when we do."

"Okay then gimme a sobriety potion and we'll continue!" he said excitedly with deep green eyes.

She shook her head, "No, remember Ron used it all last weekend?"

"That git!" he practically shouted, still half an inch from her mouth. "Fine I'll go to sleep and in the morning when I'm nice and sober we can kiss again, right?" he finished giving her a hopeful look.

Hermione smiled at his childish look, "Sure Harry." 'God, why am I encouraging him? It can never happen!' her mind screamed.

"Good," he said gently as he lay down on his bed, "'Cause I like kissin' you."

"I like kissing you too, Harry."

"Stay with me." he said suddenly giving her a piercing look as she started for the door.

"Harry you're not even going to remem-"

"'Mione please!" he whined, sitting up and wrapping his arms tightly around her waist.

"Alright," she breathed in defeat.

"Yesssssss!"

Harry scooted over a bit to allow Hermione on the bed. As soon as she laid down, a fair distance away, he pulled her close, "Love you."

"I love you too, Harry." she said quietly laying her head on his chest. 'It's just one night...'

"Good. Sweat dreams 'Mi, don't let the bed bugs bite... and if they do wake me up and I'll kill those suckers." he added quickly, breathing into her hair.

Hermione laughed, "Alright, Harry."

He kissed her on the forehead, "I'm glad tonight happened, I can't wait for the mornin'."

"Okay Harry."

"I mean I know I have to wait but-"

"Harry," Hermione warned with closed eyes.

"Okay, shutting up now. I'm really going to sleep so you don't have to worry. And in the mornin' when I get my mornin' wood-"

"Harry!"

He kissed her temple again, "Alright that was the las' one."

Hermione sighed and snuggled into his chest.

"By the way you smell really good, I always though so-"

"Harry if you don't shut up I'm going to stun you."

Kissing her forehead one last time, he whispered, "I love you."

"Love you too." 'What am I getting myself in to?'

Okay, this is something new I'm working on. Just a fluffy little fic with our favourite couple that will be divided into four shots. I figured we all needed something to get our minds off DH… the stubborn H/HR shippers still stand united!

Review, please!