Unofficial Portkey Archive

Conquered Love by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Conquered Love

i found nemo

Disclaimer: JKR owns.

Conquered Love

Chapter 6: Quite the Experience For Everyone

...

4 months and two weeks later, February 19th 10:12 p.m.

...

"How can they just expect us to sit out here? This is my godchild being born!" said Ron aloud to the group waiting in the lobby of the maternity ward at St. Mungo's.

"They say it causes unneeded stress to the mother and doctors having to worry about another person in there," piped in his younger sister, Ginny, who had turned up around last August from her escapades all over the world with a husband and a three week old fetus growing inside her as well. Hermione was very happy for the company and sobbed for hours when she seen Ginny again. The damn hormones had come a few weeks after Harry's birthday, much to his dismay. At times he really wished he'd taken up George's proposal for the tranquilizer gun...

Draco Malfoy yawned from beside Ginny and threw down the pamphlet he was reading, "Twenty galleons Potter will faint dead on from all the screaming going on in that room."

The scattered red heads and other friends around the room stared at him for a moment before one of the twins responded hesitantly, "You're on."

Draco leant over Ginny to slap her brother's hand before sitting back and throwing an arm around his wife. To say the Weasley's were shocked when Ginny showed up with Draco Malfoy claiming they were married and that he was the father of her unborn child would be the understatement of the century. Mrs. Weasley thought it was a complete joke, probably inspired by the twins, and actually slammed the door in her own daughter's face, that she hadn't seen in three and a half years. It did take some coercing and shoving from Ginny to get her family to see that Draco and her were in love and that he had been supporting her for the last two years.

"This just doesn't make any bloody sense! Why can't I be in there? I'm their best mate and the kid's bloody godfather! Gin we should go in there!" Ron said to his sister coming up to get on his knees and grab her hands in front of her.

Ginny sighed and took another bite of her chocolate bar. The rest of the members of the lobby waited in the eerie silence of the maternity ward that they thought would be bustling with noises of new born babies to wait for Ginny's reply. It was probably the most exciting thing to happen in hours since Hermione had gone into labour around 5 p.m. Ron, Lavender, Mrs. Weasley, Mr. Weasley, George, Fred, Ginny, Draco, Seamus, Dean, Luna, Neville, Tonks, and Remus had all been owled immediately, telling them that Hermione had started having contractions and the group chose to skip over their respectable dinners to get to the hospital as quick as possible.

Ginny nodded her head, still chewing her food and answered, "You're right Ron. We're the godparents we should be in there for the birth, at least to help out."

Draco snorted, "How is a bloke that has no clue how a baby is even conceived and a six months pregnant witch going to be able to help?"

Ginny put on a grin as she stood from her chair, not quite having to struggle yet, "Why don't you make yourself useful and go get me some more munchies." she said dangerously patting the top of his head for an added effect. One look into Ginny's flashing blue eyes and Draco knew she meant business. Draco stood up and pecked her on the cheek before dashing off in the direction of the cafeteria that was located nearby. He couldn't help but question himself how he fell arse over elbow for a Weasley.

"Alright, now which room did Harry say there were in?" Ginny asked grabbing onto Ron's arm for support and walking off into the direction of the delivery rooms.

"12C, last time Harry came out," Ron said nervously walking up to the door painted a light shade of yellow.

"Ready?" asked Ginny.

"Ready," nodded Ron starring at the door as if it were about to pounce at him,

"Remember deep breaths Ron, what you're about to see could cause you to loose the contents of your stomach." Ginny finished wisely pushing the door open with a shove. "Alright Hermione, we're here to hel-"

"I CAN SEE THE HEAD MRS. POTTER, PUSH JUST A LITTLE HARDER!!!"

"AHHHHHH!!!"

"BREATHE, HERMIONE! BREATHE!"

The last thing both Ron and Ginny remembered was the sight of fluids gushing out of Hermione followed by what looked like a wrinkled red prune before giving each other a wide eyed look and rushing off to the rubbish bin across the hall to retch out everything they had digested in the past 24 hours.

"Wh- was that?-" Ron asked looking at his sister with a horrified expression.

"Bloody hell I hope not, I don't want to think about something like that coming out of me in another three months."

"Better you than me," replied Draco hurrying up to them to make sure she was alright.

"Why? Why women? What did we do so wrong?" she asked beginning to tear. Draco kissed her forehead and wrapped his arms around her making Ron stick his head back in the rubbish bin.

"I don't know, but could you imagine a baby that size coming out of our- our-" Ron jerked his head down so Draco would know what he was talking about. Ginny rolled her eyes at them but before she could respond a woman in blue robes came out of Hermione's room.

"Are you Ron and Ginny?" she asked the red heads kindly.

"Y-yes," Ron stuttered out taking a gulp of fresh air.

"Would you like to come meet you're new godchild?"

"Uh is he, you know, n-normal looking?" asked Ron hesitantly still gripping the edge of the bin.

The nurse smiled, "You can go in after the nurse and healer are finished measuring, weighing, and cleaning the baby. Just wait there," she said pointing towards the door.

"Thanks," Ginny responded quietly, taking Draco's hand for support and walking up the hall to Hermione and Harry's door.

...

"Hi James," said Harry, holding his clean child for the first time in his life. He smiled fondly at the little baby who had his eyes snapped shut and wild wisps of light chestnut hair poking out of the green blanket he was laying in. A stubborn tear fell down Harry's cheek as his son held onto Harry's pointer finger with his whole hand. Harry looked over to Hermione who had sweaty hair clung to her forehead, but he could make out tears falling and an exhausted smile fitted over her lips. He walked over and placed their child between them. "He's such a handsome boy," Harry stated lightly trailing a finger over his face.

The healer in charge looked up at the couple at their last statement, "Uh... Mr. Potter, you have a baby girl."

"What?" asked both Harry and Hermione at the same time a little louder then they should have because their baby began to stir.

"But the last healer we seen said it was a boy," Hermione told her with a confused look.

She smiled at them, "Well sometimes the feet can be misinterpreted as testicles. I assure you though, you have a healthy baby girl. Congratulations."

Hermione smiled triumphantly as the healer turned around and started scribbling on her notepad, "Didn't I tell you it'd be a girl?"

Harry snorted, "Please, you only said it that night to contradict me." He looked down into the bundle who's eyes were now opened to reveal emerald orbs. 'Just like daddy,' Harry smiled down at her. He didn't care if it was a boy or a girl, as long as they were there, alive and healthy. He didn't mind in the least that he didn't get his way. Now he had a daughter to look after until she was thirty and protect her from any filthy boys who might think they're enough to deserve her. "Now what are we gonna name her?" he asked quietly, planting a kiss on Hermione's forehead and then their baby's.

"I don't know... I thought James really worked." Hermione said now playing with her daughter's hair.

Harry looked back down to the baby who was staring back at them with equal curiosity, "Hello Jamie." She gurgled at the name, causing Harry and Hermione to chuckle lightly.

"Perfect," Hermione whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Harry looked on in admiration at the two loves of his life; yes, this was the way things were supposed to be.

...

Thanks for reading and the reviews! Please tell me what you think~ Oliver.