Unofficial Portkey Archive

Conquered Love by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Conquered Love

i found nemo

Disclaimer: Harry Potter- NOT-BLOODY-MINE

Conquered Love

Chapter 3: In For the Long Run

~Thank you's to all the anonymous-ers, Kalexi, jeanniefillion, and jadesabrexiv, who all reviewed last chapter. It feels good to get your screen name mentioned in a chapter doesn't it? All other readers take the hint! ;]~

...

7 months later- June 14, Victory Day

...

"Don't move," sounded a harsh voice from behind Hermione. She felt the tip of a wand poking into her lower back and a hand pressed firmly over her mouth.

"Now, I want you to slowly turn around," said the unfamiliar deep voice again from behind her. Hermione's eyes were moving back and forth trying to get a glimpse of her wand the was lying on her desk behind them. Her heart began to pound heavily in her chest, a sure sign of panic. She began to turn around when the voice stopped her again,

"Close your eyes first! And keep 'em shut!"

She obeyed, her eyes snapping shut. She would have to find a way to silently summon her wand; she just hoped the intruder hadn't already noticed it.

She turned around and then took a step back so she was pressed into her crowded bookcase. Hermione noticed that the man's wand now wasn't touching her but his hand was still pushed against her mouth. 'Wait... that smell...'

"Tada!" said a cheerful voice.

She opened her eyes quickly to find herself looking at her boyfriend of seven months holding a white lily up to her nose.

Hermione narrowed her eyes at him at once, "Harry, you pr-"

Harry cut her off by pressing his greedy mouth onto hers. She responded instantly, wrapping her arms around his neck and flicking her tongue over his lips.

"Mmmm," she moaned into the back of her throat as he opened his mouth and their tongues met in a passionate embrace.

"I missed you," he whispered into her mouth.

"Has it been five weeks already?"

"Well, if you want to get technical it's been four weeks and five days- OW! What was that for?" Harry asked rubbing his shoulder.

"Coming in here, thinking you could sneak up on me," she said with a coy smile holding the flower up to her nose and taking in the scent.

"Oh, is that right Miss Granger?" he questioned with a teasing smile as Hermione nodded her head enthusiastically, "Because if I do remember right, you were doing everything I asked."

"I knew it was you all along," she lied with a scoff, going around him to grab her wand and conjure a water filled vase for her new flower.

"Oh, so that's why you look terrified?" he asked again, now wrapping his arms around her from behind and nuzzling her neck.

She smiled and leaned into his embrace, "I think terrified is a bit strong..."

Harry laughed, "You were scared out of your knickers."

Hermione gasped and turned to look at him with a playful glint in her eyes, "I'm not wearing knickers."

Harry grinned, "Really?"

She wiggled her eyebrows at him in a very Ron-ish manor. His grinned widened as he leaned in to put a not-so-innocent kiss on her lips.

But of course, being Hermione and the tease she is, she moved away just as his lips were about to brush hers, "So how was Russia?" she asked nonchalantly going back over to the bookshelf she was previously studying.

"Horrible," Harry grumbled coming over to trail kisses down the side of her neck.

"Hmm, I heard it was rather cold the past few weeks," she ignored the fluttering in her stomach as Harry's hands gracelessly untucked her white blouse from her black skirt.

"Yeah, I felt like a popsicle. Let's go over to the couch and talk some more," he said now unbuttoning her blouse and tugging her from behind in the direction of the elegant red sofa placed in her office as a gift from him.

She had a feeling that talking was the farthest thing from his mind at this point. 'But hey,' she thought to herself with an evil smile, 'can't hurt to tease some more...'

"Did you make any progress on LeMarc?" she asked into his mouth as he set her down right on his lap so she could feel his growing erection. LeMarc was a growing dark wizard who liked to play around with common muggle weapons, adding magic so that they are highly diffusible. Hermione was the head of the team tracking him down and strategizing of ways to capture him without causing a fuss to the muggle environment in the area of Russia he lived in. Harry, Tonks, and Remus were the three aurors recommended to detain LeMarc, which sent them on a five week mission to Russia. Obviously things went well, or else Harry wouldn't be back a few days early. She just loved to toy with him.

"Yep," he said trying to kiss her again.

"Did you already report to Kingsley?"

"Nope," he moved down her cheek, to her neck, and then to her collarbone which was exposed nicely by her unbuttoned blouse.

He heard Hermione gasp and then say, "Oh, well you should go do that now." Hermione went to move from his lap with a small smirk gracing her features.

"Hermione," Harry warned her with a growl, grabbing her bum to stop her from getting any further.

"I'm just saying, I don't want you to get in any trouble because you came here first rather then going to see Kingsley."

"Somehow, I don't think Kingsley would appreciate me doing this to him," he said with an added kiss. He was now laying fully on top of her, her blouse hanging loosely around her shoulders.

"Hmm, probably right," she tried not to gasp when Harry flicked her sensitive spot right above her left breast with his tongue and settled for a content sigh, "Did you eat well? You look a bit peakish..." her demeanour was quickly fading as Harry's hands began to run down her body. She clapped a hand over her mouth as a soft but stubborn moan escaped her.

Harry smiled at her, "Now that you mention it I'm ravished. I reckon I should get down to the cafeteria-" He knew what he was doing to her as he tried to unceremoniously roll of her but she caught him too fast.

"Don't you dare," she breathed bringing his mouth back to meet hers. He smiled into the kiss at Hermione's initiative. He hovered over her, giving her the space to undo the front of his shirt and yank it off his back.

As soon as he was rid of it he settled back down on her pressing his prick into her soft stomach, enticing a groan from the back of both their throats. Not caring about the decency of her clothes he ripped the front of her bra off and threw it to the ground quickly followed by her skirt, leaving the only her black stilettos left. Kissing his way down her front he made his way to both her breasts, cupping one and flicking his tongue over the other.

"Harry," she breathed as her hands wondered down his chest and landed on the annoying belt buckle that held his pants up. She tore it open, along with the fly to his pants and his zipper, ultimately shoving his pants down to his ankles with her heeled feet.

"Ow, heels..."

"Shut it," she said bringing her mouth back to his and stroking his throbbing cock.

"Bossy," he muttered under his breath with a hidden smile. In actuality he loved it when she bossed him around in the bedroom... and in her office... and in the kitchen of number 12... and in the cellar of the burrow... and-

"Ponce," she guided his moist tip to her entrance.

"Barmy know-it-all," he said with a smile. She was just about to respond when he pushed into her, effectively making her eyes roll back and her arms tighten around his neck.

"Oh... cheater...," she said while trying to draw in a breath at the same time. He smiled into her neck as he started thrusting harder into her, eliciting cries and muffled groans from the both of them.

It was minutes later when Harry started to nibble on her ear lobe that she cried out his name and clenched her muscles around him. Speeding up to the point where her fingers were gripping onto his shoulders and her toes were bent over in pleasure so she could have ultimate satisfaction, he too toppled over the edge and spilled his hot and greedy seed into her.

He kissed her hard before falling over her, completely spent.

They laid there breathing deeply for a few minutes before Hermione spoke, "Oh great..."

"What?" Harry asked, his voice muffled by her wild locks.

"We did it again!" she said a bit more impatiently.

"Did what- oh..."

"Damn it... it happens every time." Hermione pushed Harry off her gently and reached around for her blouse, skirt, and bra.

"Yeah," said Harry hiding a smirk, "we should put a sticky note on the sofa saying every time we want to shag remember to cast a 'silencio'."

"This isn't funny," Hermione reprimanded hooking the back of her newly repaired bra, "this always falls back on me because I'm the girl. Last time Tonks and Seamus didn't leave me alone for months."

"Well, I'd offer my office, but the sofa's not as comfy and it's right next to Kingsley and I don't think he'd take too kindly to us shagging on the job... even if we have a really good reason to," he finished pulling his pants up and coming over to her to hug her from behind as she was finishing the top buttons of her blouse.

"Are you two love birds in there?" called a cheerful voice from the other side of Hermione's door. Hermione threw Harry his shirt and called out,

"Yeah, come on in."

The door opened cautiously to reveal Tonks on the other side grinning manically, "Ah, Hermione, Harry- I trust you had a rather happy welcome back." She sent a wink at Harry whose glasses were crooked on his nose and smiled in return.

"Very happy, indeed," he responded cheekily pecking Hermione on the cheek, "Well, I'm gonna head out, love. I have the rest of the day off."

"Not so fast Harry, you know what today is," she said catching his arm and sending him a stern glare.

"Yes, love, I know what today is." he said repeating her like a five year old child repeating his preschool teacher.

"Good, now I know you're not going to go home and look around for a sleeping draught like last year," she said pointing a finger at him with a raised eyebrow. Tonks was chuckling at the interaction between the two.

Harry shrugged, "Now that you mention it- OW! Again Hermione!" he finished grabbing the side of his shoulder painfully. "Blimey, you know I have delicate arms."

Tonks started laughing clearly entertained.

"Enough out of you," growled Harry glaring at her, "she's stronger than she looks."

"Harry James Potter you are not going to sneak your way out of this!" she nearly screamed at him sending him a furious glance.

"No 'Mione," he said softly kissing the side of her head, "I'm not going to skip the ball, alright? This is our first Victory Day as a couple and I want to spend it with you." he finished giving her a sincere look.

"Good," she smiled letting him plant a kiss on her lips, "I'll be home around 4:30."

"See you then sweetheart," he kissed her once more on the lips and then turned around and shared a smile and wink with Tonks before he left.

"What was that?" asked Hermione suspiciously as the door closed and Harry's shadow had walked a ways down the hall.

"What was what?"

"That," she imitated a smile and obvious wink in front of Tonks making her giggle.

"Hermione you look too far into things. It was only a smile- and since when do I not wink at people?"

"Point taken," Hermione said walking back over to her desk and sitting behind it in her dark leather chair, "What can I do for you?"

Tonks chuckled again at how Hermione could go from any mood to being in professional mode.

...

Later that night- Hogwarts, Victory Ball

...

"Hermione let's go for a walk," said Harry from next to her.

Hermione looked over to her handsome boyfriend dressed in stylish black dress robes, his emerald eyes shining out at her beneath his round spectacles.

"You don't think anyone would mind if we slipped out for a while?" she asked taking a sip of her champagne and scanning the crowd to see man couples and groups staring at them.

"Definitely not," said Harry taking her hand and leading her out of the great hall. As they headed for the doors it seemed like many of their friends were smiling brightly at the couple. Hermione furrowed her eyebrows in confusion at them.

"Where to?" asked Hermione once they were cleared of the Great Hall.

"I don't know, I figured we could just roam around the halls. It's certainly been a while," Harry answered wrapping an arm around her waist.

"It certainly has," she smiled and leaned into him, enjoying the closeness of him and his musky scent.

It was the simple things that mattered the most to Hermione, and Harry seemed perfect in all categories of her wants and needs. He always knew when she was feeling uncomfortable and always tried to fix it, just as she did him. That among a list of other things is why she thought they belonged with each other. She wouldn't change him for the world...

"Hey, the library," said Harry interrupting her thoughts. She smiled as they stood in front of the familiar Hogwarts's Library, a library she spent more time in than probably her dorm and the Great Hall put together.

"Let's go in," Harry said letting go of her and reaching for the door.

"Harry, I don't think we're allowed-"

"It's open! Come on Hermione!"

"Um, okay," she said looking over her shoulder to see if anyone would see them. She was sure that they really weren't supposed to be in there at this time of night, but she hadn't visited her sanctuary in a long time.

"This place hasn't changed at all," said Hermione coming in to stand beside Harry. Harry smiled at her and reached down to squeeze her hand. "Hey what's that light?" asked Hermione squinting her eyes to get a closer look. A thin beam of light was shining down somewhere farther in the library.

"I don't know," Harry answered quietly sending her a nervous glance.

"Well let's go look," she said walking forward into the rows and columns of books.

Harry sighed in relief and remained where he stood, watching her disappear behind the shelves. For a second there he thought Hermione's curiosity wouldn't get the better of her. Now it's onto the second part of his plan...

He started walking slowly behind her with his hands clasped behind his back.

"That's weird, Madam Pince forgot to put away a book." Hermione said perplexedly walking closer to the round study table that held a single leather bound book on top of it.

"Yeah, weird." Harry replied trying not to say too much in fear of his voice giving way.

"Hmm, I wonder what book it is," she said getting closer to it and putting a hand on the blank cover. 'Thank Merlin for Hermione's curiosity...' Harry thought taking a deep breath.

Hermione gasped as she opened the front. A white lily sprung free from the inside which was where a large picture took up the whole page of Ron, Hermione, and Harry as first years standing in front of Hagrid's hut. Hermione sent a smile over her shoulder to Harry who was still standing a ways back. She brought the lily to her nose with one hand and flipped to the next page with the other which emitted another flower. Harry walked up so that he was now standing closely behind her.

"Harry," she muttered with a smile as she picked up a lily from every page.

Hermione flipped past several pictures of them as little kids, or 'midgets' as Ron would prefer, moving photos of them at quidditch matches, in the common room, outside of classes. She laughed at a picture of her standing in the middle of Harry and Ron in what must have been third year because she was slapping both the boy's hands away from the time-turner that hung from her neck. Hermione smiled as a lily popped out at her from a picture of her smelling a lily in their seventh year. She kept on turning through the album, smiling fondly at the picture of her and Harry hugging at the beginning of the first task and the article that followed about love blossoming between the best friends.

"What idiots we were back then, huh?" she asked rhetorically flipping through more pages until she got to a photo that was just taken a few weeks ago. It looked like someone had snuck up behind then to take it.

It was of her and Harry sitting on a muggle park bench, her head on Harry's shoulder and Harry's arm thrown around her haphazardly, just watching the sun set over the Thames.

Hermione sent Harry another quizzical smile over her shoulder. He smiled in return at her and nudged his head for her to go on.

She flipped the page again, and the flowers almost tumbled from her grasp. Her mouth fell open looking at the sparkling object nestled in a cut out square of the book.

"Um, Harry?" she asked not taking her eyes off the ring. As if on cue letters started forming on the page much like they did in Riddle's diary back in second year. The words spelled out two words:

Marry Me?

Hermione gasped and forgot to breathe as she read the words over and over on the page. Harry grabbed her hand and helped ease the bundle of lilies back onto the table before picking up the ring and getting down on a knee, "Hermione, love, I've never known a time when you weren't there standing beside me. And quite honestly I don't even want to think of a time that could be like that. I love you more than anything, will you do me the honour of standing by me for the rest of our life. Will you marry me?"

Hermione stared down at her love holding out the single platinum diamond ring with her mouth agape and tears forming in her eyes. She didn't take notice to the excited faces of her friends gathering around the bookshelves slightly to the left of Harry.

She shook her head to clear her mind of all the rampant feelings running amuck. When Harry seen this his smile faltered. But Hermione let out a light laugh before anyone could think any more of it, "Yes! Yes I'll marry you!"

The cheers from the crowd went unheard by Hermione and Harry, who quickly jumped up and took her in his arms, swinging her around in happiness.

Hermione had joyous tears streaming down her face as Harry slipped her ring on her left ring finger and then kissed her, picking her up and swinging her around again.

"Oooh, congratulations!" cried Tonks coming up first to giver the couple a hug.

"You knew about this?" asked Hermione with an embarrassed smile as she wiped the tears from her face, leaning into Harry's embrace for support.

"Of course I knew, what do you think the smile and wink was about this morning?"

Hermione gave her an affronted look before Ron and Lavender came up and hugged them as well- more like crushed them...

"Congratulations mate!" he said clapping both Harry and Hermione on the shoulder while Lavender gave them both a kiss on the cheek.

"Alright alright! Let's settle this proposal with a celebration in honour of Harry and Hermione!" shouted Fred over the crowd.

"In other words let's go back to our flat and get thrashed!" came another shout from his twin.

There were many agreeing cheers from their group of friends, the most enthusiastic coming from Ron.

"I think that'd be a token of good luck," Harry whispered in Hermione's ear as the rest of the group started heading out of the library.

"Getting pissed?" Hermione asked, still smiling at him.

"Well last time I was thoroughly pissed something pretty good came out of it," he said softly leaning in to give his fiancé a kiss.

"I'll agree with that," Hermione nodded into his lips. She tore away from Harry and went to collect her lilies and photo album. She smiled as she affectionately touched the cover of the book.

"That was pretty clever of me, eh?" he asked her, banishing the lot to their bedroom at Grimmauld place.

Hermione smiled at him and wrapped her arms around his waist, "I can't believe you cut a square in a book."

"I'll fix it later," Harry laughed as he again leaned down to kiss her. "I love you, 'Mione."

Hermione gave him another kiss before replying, "I love you too Harry James."

...

AN:/ Well, this chapter came out quicker than I thought. I hope it's not too sappy for anyone. Trust me this chapter is as sappy as the story gets. There will be two… maybe three more chapters… each going a bit farter in their life.

Well I hope you enjoyed and please,

LEAVE A BLOODY REVIEW!!!!

Alright, that's enough of my rage, now I'm going to go take a cool-down lap around my office.