Unofficial Portkey Archive

Conquered Love by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Conquered Love

i found nemo

Disclaimer: JKR owns

Conquered Love

Chapter 5: You Don't Look Like a Whale I Swear!

...

"Harry?"

"What is it love?" asked Harry groggily. It seemed like he had just fallen asleep from a long day visiting the doctors with Hermione and now he was being pestered awake.

"Harry, I'm starving..."

"Didn't you just eat an hour and a half ago?" he asked patiently, cracking an eye open to look at the clock on the bed stand and then into Hermione's glowing brown orbs.

"Well I can't help when our child decides it needs food! What am I supposed to do starve him! What... d-do you w-want me to b-be a b-bad mother?" she asked starting to tear instantly. Harry hated this. Nothing he ever said was taken right, therefore Hermione was driven to tears almost daily and he hated to see her cry, especially from something that he'd done... even though he really hadn't done anything...

"No baby, I didn't mean that- I just-"

"What you think I'm a whale? Do you think I want to eat this much, Harry? Do you think I enjoy this? I'm only trying to be a good mother by feeding my child, is that so wrong Harry James Potter?!"

"No sweetheart, it's not."

"You're damn right it's not!" she said throwing the covers back and getting out of bed.

"Oh, love where are you going?" he practically whimpered as she went and put on her shoes and coat from the closet.

"If my pathetic husband thinks I'm too much of a whale to get me food then I'll just have to go myself!" she shouted wrapping a scarf around her neck.

He knew better than to retort to the 'pathetic husband' part because it would only drive her back to tears, "Hermione, I think you're beautiful-"

"Oh, is that it?! I'm a huge, fat, beautiful person?! Are you daft?!"

"Hermione, tell me what you want and I'll go get it for you. Please just take off your shoes and come back to bed," he pleaded patting the space she had just left.

"Well now I don't know what I want because my inconsiderate husband had to go and call me a whale!"

"I didn't call you a-"

"Well you implied it!"

"No I-"

"For fuck's sake Harry, will you just be a fucking man and admit it?!" she screamed from the doorway.

Harry sat their on the edge of their bed rubbing his temples. He looked up to find Hermione still fuming.

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I annoying you now? I'm only you're seven months pregnant wife who hasn't eaten anything in an hour and a half! Do you want me to die of starvation or something?!"

"No baby, of course not-"

"Or am I interrupting your precious beauty sleep? Well let me tell you something, if anyone needs beauty sleep around here its me because I look like a whale, right?!"

"Hermione, calm down," he said getting up from bed and meeting her in the doorway within three strides. He cupped her face in his hands and said softly, "Hermione, I love you. All I want to do is make you happy, and if that means getting up every ten minutes to feed your beautiful self and our baby that you're holding then I will."

Hermione stared into his eyes for a moment before responding in a soft, tearful voice, "You mean whale-self."

"No I didn't say that."

"It's true though! I look so huge-"

"You look pregnant, which makes you even more beautiful-"

"Oh, so when I don't have a huge hump on my stomach then I'm ugly?"

"No! God, Hermione will you just let me finish?!" cried Harry starting to get impatient. He hated how these conversations always went around in circles.

"No, I won't!"

"Why not?!"

"Well... I don't really have a good reason for that right now... probably because I'm so starved! But I understand that if I want something then I have to get it myself so you can go back to bed now!" she screamed pushing Harry back and running out of their room.

"Hermione stop!" he said following closely behind her.

"No I hate you! Leave me alone!" she was quickly shuffling down the steps, as fast as her sore feet could carry her. She was almost to the end of the stair case when she slipped down a step and lost her balance. She was falling forward when Harry, doing some very quick thinking, flicked his hand forward to stop her from falling all the way down.

Hermione gasp as she realised what had almost happen. Harry ran down the remaining stairs and picked her up, immediately hugging her to his chest.

"Are you okay?" he choked out as he felt her stomach.

All she did was sniffle in reply and cling herself to him, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. Harry picked her up and carried her back up the stairs and into their bedroom where he laid her back in bed. He unwound the scarf from her neck and took off her shoes and coat, throwing them back in the general direction of the closet.

"Love, this is why the doctor said you shouldn't stress yourself out," Harry said soothingly, running a hand through her hair as she buried her face in his neck, "A fatal accident could happen at any time."

"Oh, Harry I know! I'm so sorry, I-I'm such a bloody wreck! All I do is cry, yell, and eat these days! How am I supposed to be a fit mother for James if I can't even be a fit wife for you?!" she sobbed, soaking his shirt with tears. Harry didn't even know the human body could produce so many tears so quickly much less release them all at once.

"Nonsense Hermione, you're going to be a wonderful mother. And you are a fit wife for me. You're the only wife for me." he said softly kissing her head.

"Oh, Harry, I love you so much! I'm sorry!"

"That's alright, love, I understand," he said getting up and going to grab his trousers from the closet.

"Where are you going?" asked Hermione suddenly not crying any more.

"To go get you food."

"Oh, so when I need you most you decide to bail and get me food. You're unbelievable Harry Potter!" she yelled in a huff, slamming herself back down into her pillows.

"I have to go now if I want to beat closing hours," Harry said calmly coming up to kiss his wife on the head.

"Whatever, I don't want you to come back..." Hermione trailed off as she rolled over to miss Harry's second kiss.

"Alright, 'Mione," he said gently, heading for the door.

Harry was half way down the landing when he heard Hermione's frantic calls, "Harry wait! Come back!"

"Yes?" he asked poking his head through the door.

She was sitting up in bed with more tears streaming down her face, "I lied- I really do want you to come back."

"I know sweetheart," he said smiling and turning back around to leave.

"Wait Harry!"

"Hmm?" By this point Harry was rather tired, all he wanted to do was get Hermione's food then come back and cuddle with her while she ate.

"I also lied when I said you were a pathetic and inconsiderate husband, you're the most loving a gratifying husbands a girl could ever ask for."

"I love you, too, Hermione." he turned from the door again, expecting this to be the lucky time he got away, but of course no such luck for our favourite hero,

"HARRY!"

"What?"

"Don't forget my raspberry ice cream... a-and my bangers or m-my mash."

"Of course, love. I'll be back soon."

...

A half hour later Harry and Hermione were laying in their bed together while Hermione ate the remains of her bangers and ice cream. Harry sat there with an arm around her and a content smile on his face as he watched a bit of the late night television programs on the telly Mr. Weasley had gotten them as a wedding present almost a year ago. What touched Harry and Hermione the most when they received it was that it was brand new and working, which meant a lot of self restraint must have came from Mr. Weasley not to tear it open and study it.

"Mmmm, that was soo good. You missed out Harry," said Hermione setting her bowl aside and snuggling into Harry's chest.

"You'll never get me to try bangers and mash mixed with raspberry ice cream, 'Mi. There are just some things that will kill a man."

Hermione giggled into his chest.

"Harry?" she asked after she had quieted.

"Yes, love?"

Hermione sighed and looked up at her husband, "I'm horny."

"Finally, it's been like a month and a half..."

...

I hope this chapter did justice. I wrote it at three in the morning- so hyped up on coffee from the morning before I couldn't sleep- but I will tell you I was laughing so hard to myself while writing this that it caused my daughter to wake up and yell at me to 'brush my toofers and go to bed'.

Thanks to everyone who reviewed! They mean a lot to me :]]