Unofficial Portkey Archive

Even After Time by SwishAndFlick31
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Even After Time

SwishAndFlick31

Author's Notes: SORRY, for the cliffhanger!!!!! And for the delay. AND, when I was writing, I totally forgot that Ted Tonks died (he wasn't going to be in any chapters anyway), and the Ministry isn't in Diagon Alley. I'm sorry I forgot!!!!! My book was upstairs, and I was afraid that if I went I'd fall asleep in my bed. Sorry.

I wonder if all of this is even believable… Ugh. (Haha, I'm sorry, I'm not really in a good mood, so don't think it unusual if I say I'm wanting to burn everything right now and it sucks and all this other stuff-I know its true, but yeah. PMSing… :-P)

--------------

August 23rd, 2001 …

--------------

"Well, you see," she started, "It all started a few weeks after you left."

Harry and Hermione nodded, listening.

"It stared out odd enough. At first, we thought you two wanted to stay out of the press, but then two months passed, and no one had heard of you two." She sighed, "That's when the two Weasleys-though it was mostly Ginny-started deceiving us." Muttering, she added, "Though, I truthfully don't see how they believed all of this rubbish-I never did, myself. Ginny and Ronald claimed that you two ran away, the presses getting the better of you."

"What do you-?" wondered Harry, but Andromeda interrupted.

"I'll explain at a later time," she answered. "Anyway, they said you `went away' for a while." She shook her head, chuckling. "That only lasted for a short while. They had to come up with something else. So, they claimed Ginny sat at home for those months you three were gone, and she waited impatiently for her beloved fiancé to return."

"I never proposed to her!" Harry exclaimed.

She nodded, "We know. Or, at least, I did." Sighing, she continued. "She was in the presses for a while, and rumours were going around that she was carrying your child-"

"I never had sex with her!" interrupted Harry again, aghast.

"Not even once?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, trust me," said Hermione, grinning, "he was a virgin till our wedding night. Only an inexperienced man could've been as awkward as Harry."

"Hermione!"

Chuckling, she shook her head. "No, dear, it's nothing to be embarrassed about. Now, where were we? Oh, yes. Rumours were going around that she was with child, but Ginny never agreed nor denied those declarations. Ron came back two months later, though he only stayed for a short while. He looked hurt, sick, and very angry. He went back, only after a few days, and we didn't see him until after the war was over.

"Then you two left, not long after. Ginny was probably overcome with jealousy and hate, since you left with Hermione and didn't marry her at the first moment you saw her."

"But I dated her for a week after," he informed her quietly, his eyes trained on his child and godchild, who were currently blowing large bubbles with their mouths and noses. "And then we broke up."

She nodded, "I know, and that was probably the reason as to why she did this." She took a sip of her tea, letting her throat relax for a moment. "Ron was rather angry, too, but never acted too much on this. The two then went on saying-I think this was around a few months after you left-that you did nothing, and that they were the ones who actually did everything." She pursed her lips, thinking. "I think I still have the article here, wait one moment."

They nodded and she got up and left.

"You've got to be kidding me," muttered Harry. "Ginny and Ron, claim they've-Oh. Wow." He shook his head.

Hermione nodded, "I know," she whispered. "It's not even possible," she muttered angrily. "They didn't even do anything."

"Calm down," he murmured, laying his hand atop hers. "Once we hear the whole story, we're going to pay two Weasleys a special visit, without Andrew, okay?" She nodded, slowly calming down. "We'll go soon, love, maybe even today." He kissed her temple and saw Andromeda come back.

She sat the article in her hands. "Here," she said, handing the piece of paper over, "is the article."

They nodded and started to silently read.

Potter & Granger: Frauds?

Article by: Rita Skeeter

Well, it seems as though our favourite `hero' has done it again. Harry Potter, 18, who has seemingly disappeared with long time friend Hermione Granger, have fooled the whole Wizarding World. Ginevra Weasley, a beautiful ginger-haired girl, and Ronald Weasley, a handsome young man training to become a Quidditch player, tells us now:

"They never did anything," admits Mister Weasley. "Hermione usually sat, reading a book, while Harry kept guard out in the tent." (More on the `tent' on page three) "I was always trying to figure out what was going on with You-Know-Who. Never did they try to solve the puzzle. That's why I left…" his voice is sad.

"And then my brother decided to be heroic," Miss Weasley starts again, "and save Harry's life. He did so, and could've died in the process. You see, Ron was trying to save Harry, and a… a…" `Horcrux,' Mister Weasley provides his younger sister. "Yes, a… Horcrux. I can't tell you all of the details, but only that he saved it. But anyway, what did Harry do? Nothing. Not even a `thanks, chum.'" She shakes her head. `How sad,' I say.

Mister Weasley nods, his eyes downcast. "Yeah… I think it is sad, really, that the guy in the back round is never credited. The one that actually does the work." Quickly, he tries to fix himself: "I mean, yeah, Harry killed You-Know-Who, but who showed him how? Who did all of the work? I did. Not Hermione, not Harry. I'm not as daft as people think I am. It's quite the opposite, really." `But Miss Granger was nicknamed the Brightest Witch of Her Age, was she not?' "Yes, she was, but she's only smart book wise. Otherwise… it was all… me."

Why have Harry Potter and Hermione Granger decided to steal everything from these two? One, the lonely fiancée and the unnoticed hero, who have done nearly everything to ensure the safety of the Wizarding World, while Potter and Granger take the credit. Is this right? Are these two worth crediting?

"They should be dishonoured," says Miss Weasley.

`Perhaps they already have been,' I say.

(More on the `tent,' page three)

(Weasley-Potter engagement, with Granger-Weasley relationship, page two)

(More on the defeat of You-Know-Who, page five)

Harry and Hermione looked up. "How do they even believe all of this shit?" whispered Harry. "Ginny doesn't even know what a Horcrux is! God dammit!" he muttered, shaking his head. "This isn't true. It's not."

Hermione nodded in agreement, scared that if she opened her mouth she'd start screaming. But she refrained from it, knowing that it'd be bad for herself and the baby, also her son and Teddy.

"I know," said Misses Tonks. "But that's when your status started decreasing, while the Weasleys were reputable. There were many other articles published in various other magazines, papers, and even on the Wireless. After about a year or so, you two weren't even being published in books. The Wizarding World believed them blindly… It was horrible. No proof that Ron actually did all of the work, and Ginny didn't even have an engagement ring." She laughed, remembering the words Ginny told her when she asked.

"Oh, it's in my room," she had said. "I don't want to flaunt it about, so I kept it somewhere safe. It was his Mother's ring, you see."

"I bet it was horrible," murmured Harry, shaking his head. "It's just… wow. So… so blindly, too! Just as you said." He sighed. "Is there anything else you haven't told us?" he asked.

She thought for a moment. "No… I suppose this is all." Looking down, she saw that the tea was cold. "I'll be back in a moment. I'll let you two talk, and then you can tell me your story." She smiled at the wedded couple, picked up the teacups, and went back into the kitchen.

"Oh my," she murmured, resting her head on her husband's shoulder. "It's… ghastly."

He laid his hand on her thigh, rubbing the spot. "I know, love. It's horrible to think they'd pull this. They were our friends, especially Ron. But now…" He shook his head, "I don't even know…" He rested his head on hers, sighing.

Andromeda came back, checking on the children first. She smiled as she saw Teddy showing Andrew how to turn around in quick circles, in which the latter fell after two turns, giggly madly. After walking back to the wedded couple, she blushed. "Oh, I'm sorry," she apologized, seeing Harry's head spring up, his hand moving from her thigh to his knee.

"It's all right," reassured Hermione, lifting her head.

She coughed slightly, looking at the two young adults. "Err, so what happened while you two were gone? What's the truth?" she asked.

The eldest male Potter began first: "Well, a few weeks after the war finished, Hermione said she was going to Australia to recover her parents' memories. I asked to go along, because I didn't want to handle the press, so we set off a week later. We travelled in Muggle fashion, and found them a few days later. Once we finished restoring their memories and stayed for a short while, Hermione and I applied to a Muggle University named Stanford." He smiled at the memory when the two were accepted.

Hermione continued this time. "Harry majored in Biology-an advanced Muggle science, while I majored in Engineering, which was sort of-but not exactly-like Transfiguration," she informed her.

"That's nice," murmured Andromeda. "You two are probably so intelligent," she complimented.

She blushed and continued. "We got married in February, and I found out I was pregnant with Andrew exactly a year after that. He was born September second-"

"Oh, his birthday is arriving!" Misses Tonks exclaimed, smiling widely. "Oh, you must visit on that day!"

Harry smiled, and Hermione nodded. "We'll be sure to." Harry then continued with their story. "We weren't ever thinking of coming back, actually. We were quite content living in California. Friends, sports, school, we had nearly everything there. But then one night we were informed that Hermione's parents' health was deteriorating…"

"And we had to come back," Hermione finished, her eyes downcast. "My father died… and we're visiting my mother in a day or two, but…" she shook her head, a tear slipping down her cheek.

Harry wrapped his arm around his wife's shoulder, letting her lean on him. "Her health is really bad, you see," he told her. "She has pneumonia, which is a lot worse than the common Wizards Flu," he provided. "And Hermione is so emotional, with all of the stress this is causing her, and with the pregnancy causing her hormones to overreact."

"There's another one on the way?" she asked quietly, surprised.

Harry nodded, smiling, tightening on his hold on his wife, who seemed to be dozing off to sleep. She must be really tired, he thought. "Yes. She's a few months along," he told her. "But anyway, we went to the Ministry today and were spotted. Now, the questions are finally starting to make sense." He emitted a low growl, careful not to disturb his wife, and said, "I just can't believe they did this to us. We were their friends!" He shook his head. "Just… Hermione and I need to do something. We really do. Something that'll… I don't know… I'm just … so confused…"

She nodded, understanding. After a few moments, she said, "I think you should go. Hermione's already asleep, and it seems as though Andrew is getting hungry." She smiled, looking over at the wall and checked the time. "Oh, you've been here for nearly four hours already! You must be so tired!"

Harry smiled, "We'll be sure to visit soon, Misses-"

"What did I tell you?"

He grinned sheepishly. "We'll visit soon, Andromeda. A little bit before Andrew's birthday and before we leave, too."

She nodded and went towards the two playing children.

Gently, Harry shook Hermione's shoulder. "Hermione, love, wake up. We're going back to the apartment now," he whispered softly. She groaned, slowly getting up.

"I'm sorry," she murmured, smiling slightly. "I fell asleep on you."

"I'd never object," he smiled.

"Mumma, Papa!!" Andrew squealed, running as fast as his short legs would let him. "Mumma!! Papa!!" In no time, he reached his mother's legs and tried to climb up them, only to have his father pick him up and plop him in-between the two parents.

"C'mon loves, lets get home," said Harry, picking up Andrew again and putting him in his stroller. "Bye Teddy," he said, giving the child's forehead a kiss out of fatherly instinct.

"Are you comin' back?" he asked quietly. "Andy's fun…"

Harry grinned, picking up the child. "Of course we'll be back." Giving him another kiss on the forehead, in which he was mildly surprised he wasn't disgusted and squirming out of his arms, he let Teddy down.

"Bye bye," he murmured quietly, waving to the small family.

"Bye," they said, and Andrew said, "Eij!"

--------------

It'd taken the Potters around two hours to get home, since they were in desperate need of food for the apartment and some essentials for Andrew. Harry held some of the grocery bags, while the others were behind Andrew's stroller. Opening the door, Harry walked in and headed straight to the kitchen, unpacking them and putting the food in their rightful places.

Outside, Hermione let Andrew out, and he went straight for his room, getting his blanket and running around the house, babbling nonsense. Hermione chuckled, getting out the bags for Andrew and went into his room, putting them away. A few minutes later she was finished and looked around her son's room. This is something he gets from his father, she thought, looking at the randomly scattered toys. After cleaning his room (by hand), she smiled in satisfaction and went to look for Harry.

He was in the kitchen, cooking a late dinner for the two, since it was nearing nine at night. She smelled the seasoned vegetables and beef, and saw that he was cutting some bread for them. Vaguely, she noticed some fruit in a bowl, most likely for Andrew, she thought.

Andrew came squealing in, stopping in front of Harry. Smiling, he took a piece of strawberry and placed it gently in his mouth. Chewing for a few seconds, Andrew swallowed and then ran out of the kitchen, his blanket dragging behind him.

Finally, he noticed his wife. "Hey Hermione," he said, cooking the food.

She smiled, walking close to him. She closed her eyes as she leaned on him, but then remembered what Harry had told her hours before. "Harry," she murmured, "when are we going to see the Weasleys?"

"I thought we were going today," he answered, "but we couldn't. Perhaps tomorrow," he said, turning the stove off.

She nodded and started helping. "What about my mother?"

"Whenever you want to, love." He took two bowls and distributed the food evenly, putting a large piece of bread on top. "Just tell me when, and we can go."

She nodded, taking out two forks and handing him one. She took the bowl and said, "Okay," before walking out of the kitchen and sitting on the sofa.

Harry stayed behind and washed the dishes before joining her, his and Andrew's food in hand. It was a quiet affair, each watching their son eating and playing. Before long, they were finished; Harry took the three empty bowls, put them into the kitchen, and yawned widely. Walking into the living room, he saw Hermione pick Andrew up and placed him on the couch, snuggling close to him. He smiled, sitting on the other side of Hermione.

"You tired?" he asked his wife, to which she responded with a nod. "Let's go to sleep, we have a big day ahead of us."

"Okay," she nodded again, standing up. "I'll see you in a few minutes," she said, giving him a soft kiss.

He nodded and picked up Andrew. Walking to his son's room, he put him in his crib, giving him a soft kiss goodnight. "Night, son," he murmured, threading his fingers softly through his son's hair so he'd sleep. After a few more minutes, Andrew was finally asleep, his arms spread over his head, which was facing his father. He smiled, giving him another featherlike kiss, and went to the baby table where he turned the baby monitor on. Smiling, he left his son's room and went to his own.

--------------

"You told her to call us if anything happens, right?" Hermione asked Harry. He nodded. "And she knows our cell numbers, right?" Again, he nodded. "And you did-"

"Yes, Hermione, I did!" he answered, turning to his wife. "I did everything, okay? Andrew is safe at Andromeda's and nothing is going to happen. The most will he'll faint from giggling too much!"

She frowned. "I was just making sure," she murmured, turning away.

Sighing, he said, "Hermione, look at me." She didn't, but the door opened.

"Harry!" George greeted happily. "How are you, mate? What are you doing here, anyway? And where's the little Potter clone?"

"I'm fine," he answered, giving a small smile. "We're here to talk to your sister and younger brother. And Andrew is with Teddy."

Nodding, George said, "Well, come in, come in! I'm not like my ickle siblings, I know the truth," he told them quietly, leading them to the dining area. "I know you didn't propose to Ginny, and that Ron didn't do all of the work."

The two Potters smiled. "Thank you," Hermione said softly.

Immediately, after Misses Weasley had spotted them, she screamed and stomped inside the kitchen. Ginny, who was twirling her wand around, snapped her head towards Harry and Hermione. Her eyes narrowed. "What are you doing here? Didn't we tell you to never come back?" she asked vehemently.

"You and your brother have some explaining to do," Harry answered nastily. "About how Hermione and I did nothing, how I supposedly proposed to you and that Ron was the `hero.'"

Gulping silently, her eyes widened. "Yo-you - Oh… Ron!" she shouted. "Ron, get your arse down here!" she shouted, even louder this time.

Less than a minute later, clad in only pyjama bottoms, Ron muttered, "What, Ginny? I had a game yesterday and I was out late. What do you need?"

"Harry and Hermione are here," she muttered quietly, but it was enough for Ron to wake up fully.

"Oh no," he murmured quietly. Descending the rest of the stairs, asked Ginny, "Who let them in?"

"I did, little brother," George announced happily. "Because I feel its time you explain." Before Ginny or Ron could retort, he apparated away.

"Explain," Harry hissed. He had enough waiting.

"Ginny made me do it!" Ron immediately shouted, pointing at the young woman. "She said that it'd just give us money for a short time, but then it went on for years, and when I wanted to stop it, it was already too late!" he shouted in rapid succession.

What? thought Harry.

"You were always a coward," Ginny retorted, her gaze turned towards her brother. "Just spill everything once you're threatened by someone stronger than you," she hissed.

"You know we're here, don't you?" Hermione asked. "And our son isn't here, so we could inflict some major pain if we want to."

"Now explain," Harry hissed again, temper getting the better of him. Perhaps it was a better idea if Andrew was here. At least then I'd be calmer.

Ginny rolled her eyes, "Don't get your knickers in a twist." Licking her lips, she asked, "What do you want us to explain?"

"Maybe why you did this?" Hermione retorted sarcastically.

Ginny shrugged nonchalantly, playing with her wand. "I loved you, but then you left with her. I was devastated, and then I thought of the opportunity to get some extra money for me, so I took it. I fed Ron some lies, and being the twit he is, he believed it and went along, even though he didn't sound convincing." She rolled her eyes.

"You did this for money…?" asked Harry. "You turned the English Magical Community against us because you fucking wanted money?!"

"What's fucking?" Ron asked, murmuring to his sister. She shrugged, but knew it was probably something bad.

"And so what if we did?" asked Ginny nastily, raising a thin eyebrow.

"You don't go around doing that!" Hermione snapped, ready to beat her to the pulp. Calm down Hermione, you're pregnant and you can't hurt anyone… Remember the baby…

"Look," Ginny spat, "we already did, and we're having fun living our life. We've never had this much fun before, and now that we have the chance, we're going to take full advantage of it." She smirked, "I bet your life is so boring, being married to each other." She chuckled, "Though, I wouldn't be surprised if Harry hasn't cheated on you."

"I've never cheated on her! I've never even thought about it!" Harry immediately shot back, pointing a finger at her. "And don't you dare stray from the subject! Our marriage has nothing to do with your accusations!"

Ginny rolled her eyes, unfazed. Ron sat quietly, watching the three. It was harmless, really… I was so mad at the time, he thought, looking back and forth. Hermione kissed me first, loved me first, but went to you anyway. His eyebrows crinkled. But did she really love me first? Did she even love me? Or was I a passing fancy? His eyes widened, realization coming upon him. She never did love me, did she? She… Oh, Merlin… I ruined their reputations because of my jealousy… He sighed, shaking his head. This was too much for him. I didn't even think they'd come back…

"Why did you come back?" he asked quietly, though he caught the attention of the occupants in the room. "Why did you come back?" he asked again. "I mean, you were gone for four years, and then you pop up unexpected. You never even wrote to us."

"So what do you care?" Ginny asked hatefully. "It doesn't matter. They're here, and they'll be gone in another week or two. The press already printed a picture of you three."

Harry and Hermione groaned.

Ginny, having heard this, grinned. Quickly standing up, she leaned over the table and took the Daily Prophet and showed them the first page. "See?"

The photo was of them, for sure. Harry was on the right, looking around frantically, the press surrounding them. Hermione looked very angry, while Andrew slept peacefully in his father's arms. Under the picture, was the headline: Potter, Granger, and Child Spotted! Is Our `Hero' Back?

"`Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and an unknown child, though most likely their child, has been spotted yesterday, leaving Diagon Alley. Officials-'" she read, but was cut off by Ron.

"You don't need to read it to them, you know," he said.

Hermione's eyes widened. "Ron," she murmured, her hand going out.

He shook his head and stood up. "Look, I have practice in a little bit. I need to go. Bye." With that, he ascended the stairs and disappeared from view.

Ginny smiled. "Might as well leave, you know. And I don't mean the Burrow. I mean leave England. Go back to where you came from," she told them, her eyes narrowed. "We don't need you here anymore. There's no Dark Lord here, so you might as well go back-"

"What, is your problem, Ginny?" Harry asked impatiently. "You don't have to act like this! What did we do to you? We were your friends, and then you turn people against us!" he shouted.

"I loved you," she shouted. "I loved you, for Merlin's sakes!"

"No you didn't!" he shouted. "You were obsessed with the titles I was haunted with! The Boy Who Lived and all that bullshit! If you really loved me, then you wouldn't look at me like I was a hero." He shook his head. "You know, before I left, remember the closet? Remember where you said, right before you snogged me, that it was something to `remember you by?'" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Well, if you truly loved me and thought I loved you, you wouldn't have had to do that! It was pointless and just left me confused and distracted throughout the whole journey!"

"I thought you'd go off and shag Hermione!" she retorted back. "She was the only girl, and I thought that you'd be so confused and needed an outlet so you'd go to Hermione. I thought I was just doing my duty as your girlfriend-"

"We broke up years ago, Ginny!" he shouted. "We broke up in sixth year! You don't go around kissing random ex-boyfriends, Ginny! I only fancied you back then because I was too caught up with ever-"

"Stop," she hissed, tears spilling from her eyes. "Just. Stop. I've had enough. Just leave," she hissed.

Hermione, who had sat down sometime during their fight, stood up. "C'mon Harry," murmured she, holding his black, long-sleeved shirt.

Sighing, he nodded. Turning around, they went towards the front door. They jumped when they saw George. "Sorry, mate," murmured the older Weasley.

Harry and Hermione smiled. "It's okay," Hermione said. "Maybe we'll stop by the shop one day," she told him.

He nodded and opened the door. "Bye," he murmured.

"Bye," and they left.

Once they were outside, Harry flipped his cell phone open. Calling Andromeda (he was very thankful she had Muggle things in her home, such as phones), he made sure that Andrew was okay and told her they'd be there shortly, he hung up the phone.

"Andrew is having fun playing with Teddy," he told his wife, taking her hand.

She smiled. "Andrew has fun staring at walls," she retorted smiling.

"Who doesn't?" he asked teasingly.

Chuckling softly, glad that the mood changed from before, she squeezed his hand. "Let's go." He nodded, and they went to get their son.

From his window, Ron saw Harry and Hermione depart. Though, he wondered why they didn't apparate. He sighed, a pained expression on his face. I realize now… And I'm sorry.

Author's Notes: *cough* I know I was suppose to update either yesterday or Friday, but I went to the mandir (temple), and I just couldn't type!

I don't know if this is really believable, but I'm really tired and I'm frozen (I think my fingers are numb) so it's like - sldkjf.

Heyy… my sister's and dad's birthday is on Saturday (and I have some volunteer crap I have to do), so I don't know if I can update next week. And, my birthday is on the 27th, so I'll try to get the chapter out by then. (My birthday and I give you presents in the form of a chapter. Man, that's insane. Haha)

-->