Unofficial Portkey Archive

For Your Every Need by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

For Your Every Need

Konflickted

First of September

The train looked like it always had, but Lily felt different. She was happier than she ever thought that she could be. She laughed. That might have in part to do with the fact that it was James and not she who was hauling her heavy trunk onto the train. He kept looking at her that way he probably always had, but she had never noticed. She shook her head.

"What did you pack? The entire library?" James complained as he returned to Lily's side. Sirius laughed.

"No, of course not," Lily said blushing. "You so over dramatic."

"Lily Evans!" Alice shouted loudly across the platform. Lily cringed. It wasn't that she didn't want to see Alice, she just knew she was in trouble.

"I will catch up with you later," Lily whispered out the corner of her mouth, quickly squeezing James' hand before the four departed from Lily's side.

"Hi Alice," Lily said brightly. Alice scowled.

"Don't you `hi Alice' me, Lily Evans," Alice chastised. "You go away for a summer and not once did you write!"

"I wrote you," Lily defended as she looked at her best friend helplessly. "I just never got around to sending it out."

"Lily, Alice," Drena and Sheridan both said as they joined the two girls already standing on the platform. Drena looked at Alice.

"So, Lily, what was it like?" Drena asked. "Anything you need to share with us? Perhaps about you and one Mr. James Potter?"

"What?" Lily asked, her mouth dropping. She lowered her voice and pulled them onto the train. They ducked into the first compartment that they came to. "What are you talking about?"

"Peter and Drena have been pen pals over the summer," Sheridan teased mercilessly. "Peter has been telling us some rather interesting stories these past few weeks."

"Peter? Really?" Lily said as she looked at Drena. "Really?"

"He's really sweet, guys, come on," Drena defended. "Plus Miss Alice here wasn't dishing out any details and you were completely MIA any other way."

"Why would Alice be dishing?" Lily asked as she crossed her arms.

"No, back to why you haven't sent me a single letter all summer," Alice interrupted quickly.

"No, I want to know why these two chowder heads wanted to keep current on my whereabouts," Lily said as she sat back.

"Chowder heads?" Sheridan said indifferently. "At least we know you were hanging around the boys for a bit of time, really? Chowder heads?"

"Ok, girls, back to topic," Drena said. "So, is it true? Are you and James Potter really dating?"

"Um, well…" Lily said grinning. She shrugged.

"You are! I knew it!" Sheridan said cheering. She pointed at Drena. "You are so going to do my Transfiguration homework for a month."

"You bet homework on my love life?" Lily said with mock outrage.

"Well, we didn't want to be tactless and bet money," Drena said. Lily turned to Alice, who promptly threw her hands up in surrender.

"I had nothing to do with this," Alice said laughing. "I am innocent."

"Yeah, like I believe that," Lily snorted. "Weren't you spending the entire summer with Frank and his parents?"

"Yeah, I did. So?" Alice said as her face grew red. Lily shook her head.

"Innocent, right. Well, as Head Girl, I have duties to up hold," Lily said boastfully. She laughed. "Did you hear James is Head Boy?"

"Yes, we heard," Alice said as she fanned herself.

"I was only joking about you and Frank," Lily promised. Alice laughed.

"I know," Alice said.

"I wonder what Dumbledore was thinking choosing James," Sheridan said with disdain. "Isn't the one who always manages to get the first detention, every year?"

"Yup," Lily said. She shrugged. "I doubt this year will be any different. He is still James Potter, Head Boy or not."

"Yeah, but he is also dating Lily Evans, Head Girl," Drena reminded her. "Aside from teachers, you are the only other person who can give him detention."

"Ooh, don't tempt me," Lily teased as she went to leave the compartment. The train would be leaving soon, and she had a duty as Head Girl to get the new first years in the compartments, and to keep the tears a bay. The whistle sounded and the train began to roll away, full of all the bright little witches and wizards.

"Wait a second there, missy," Drena said suddenly. Lily looked back curiously. Drena was pointing at Sheridan. "I bet you that they would be dating, not that they wouldn't be dating. I win, I win. You have to do my homework."

"No, I remember it clearly," Sheridan said as she remained sitting down in her seat, ignoring Drena. "I said that they would, and you doubted it."

"No, I didn't," Drena said uncertainly. She looked at Lily who shrugged.

"Don't look at me," Lily said. She glanced around. "I am still pissed that I just found out about it."

"You're some help, Head Girl," Alice said smirking. She looked at Drena and Sheridan. "It doesn't matter who was right and wrong, neither of you have Transfiguration."

"Oh, yeah," Drena and Sheridan both said laughing.

"Ok, well, I have to go debrief the Head Boy and the prefects," Lily said. Alice cracked a huge smile and the two girls giggled.

"I bet you have to de-brief them," Alice quipped. Lily smirked. "I bet you had to debrief him all summer."

"You are such a riot, Alice," Lily said as she rolled her eyes. "I will see you three later, and don't go spreading it around about me and Potter, ok? We are keeping it quiet, for now."

"Ok," they cheered. "Have fun debriefing those prefects and that Head Boy."

"You three are worse than Sirius," Lily laughed as she closed the compartment door. Lily headed down the corridor, wondering where her boyfriend was hiding at this very moment. They had a meeting that needed to be called to order, and plus, she had wanted to spend a little quiet time with just her and James.

-->