Unofficial Portkey Archive

For Your Every Need by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

For Your Every Need

Konflickted

A/N: Yup, another blind chapter. I hope this isn't a big flop, and I hope you all aren't disappointed with the way this is shaping up. Please read and review, you know I will be testing you all later.

Fairytale Kiss

"Wow," Striker said as the two of them stepped out of the cab in front of the Potter's house. Blanketed in pure, driven snow and decorated for Christmas, the house looked like something out of a fairy tale.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Lily said as the two of them carried their baggage up the front steps, careful not to slip on the patches of ice that hadn't been melted yet.

"Yeah, it is, and I can see why you and Potter hook up over the summer," Striker said. Lily shot him a look.

"It has nothing to do with the money," Lily said.

"Aren't they funding this last year of school?" Striker asked as he rang the bell.

"Yes, but I worked for them most of the summer," Lily said as the door opened. A man stood their, dressed in a fine suit.

"Lily!" Mr. Potter said embracing her tightly. He signaled for Sirius to come get Lily's bags.

"Mr. Potter, this is my boyfriend, Striker Herron," Lily introduced. Mr. Potter nodded and shook Striker's hand.

"Welcome to my home, Mr. Herron," Mr. Potter said. "Sirius, take Mr. Herron's bags upstairs to the guest room. Lily, you will be staying in the pool house, I believe."

"Wait, we aren't together?" Striker asked in disbelief.

"I have something like half a dozen hormonal teenagers under my roof," Mr. Potter said laughing. "My job as a father is to keep the boys and the girls apart."

"Wonderful," Striker mumbled as he followed Sirius upstairs.

"Mr. Potter is going to want us all dressed and downstairs for dinner in twenty," Sirius said blandly as he tossed Striker's bags on the spare bed. "And don't think about sneaking out, because Mr. Potter has this placed wired. Nothing goes on that he doesn't now about."

"Brilliant," Striker said. Sirius looked at him.

"I don't like you, but I love James, and James love Lily, and Lily seems to like you, so I will tolerate you," Sirius said in a low growl. "But give me one reason, and I swear you will be out of here faster than you can say Quidditch."

"Good think I despise the sport," Striker said boldly as he un-zipped his bag. "If you don't mind, I don't take kindly to changing clothes in front of people who I don't like."

"Like you have anything I would want," Sirius snapped as he slammed the door. He carried Lily's bag down the hall way, down the back stairs, and through the kitchen. Mrs. Miner had already seen Lily, and was thrilled to have her back, even if she was no longer with her James.

"That is something we must change, my boy," Mrs. Miner said patting Sirius' cheek. "You know, they belong together. There is just something magical about them."

"Could it be because they are a witch and a wizard?" Sirius asked, ducking as Mrs. Miner threw a dough ball at him. She threw a second, beaming him in the head.

"Always such a smart ass, that is why you will always be alone," Mrs. Miner told him as she threw a third dough ball at him, it sticking to his hair.

"I love you too, Carole Miner," Sirius teased as he headed out into the back garden, picking the dough out of his hair. He laughed as he pulled the last bit out, throwing it into the bushes for the birds. He knocked on the door and entered, the pool house looking more like a quaint cottage in the winter. The snow sparkled in the windows like frosting on a cake.

"Sirius, thanks but I really could have done it myself," Lily said as she sat at the vanity. She was putting her earring in her ear. The back of her simple black dress was un-zipped and Sirius could easily see her bra strap and panties. "Quit looking and zip me up, ok?"

"Yeah," Sirius said grinning. "James was so stupid to listen to me. He shouldn't have broken up with you over such an insignificant kiss."

"No, he shouldn't have," Lily agreed as Sirius zipped the dress zipper. She smiled at him and stepped away. "He's happy with Summer and I am with Striker, so that is that. Nothing else to do."

"You didn't say you were happy," Sirius said.

"Yes, I did," Lily said quickly. "I am happy with Striker."

"Well, between you and I, James is not happy with Summer," Sirius said as he headed toward the refrigerator.

"You shouldn't be telling me this," Lily chastised. "You and James are each other's confidants. What would he say if he found out you were spreading his secrets?"

"If he got you in the end," Sirius said cheekily. Lily shook her head.

"He broke up with me, Sirius," Lily said as she put her shoes on. "And, anyways, what are you doing here?"

"I am your escort to dinner," Sirius said offering his arm.

"I came with Striker," Lily countered as she took his arm. Sirius leaned close to Lily.

"Between you and I, everyone is going to do everything in their power to get you and James together," Sirius said.

"That's awful," Lily snapped. "I loved him, and I screwed up. He crushes my heart, and now you want us back together? I am with Striker, now."

"I am only warning you," Sirius said as he took her arm. "Let's get to dinner. I am starved."

"You really must have a tapeworm, Sirius," Lily said as she pulled her coat on quickly as she headed out into the snow. Everyone was already seated when Sirius and Lily arrived. Lily sat down but was back up in a heartbeat when Christopher broke free of his mother's arms and flew to Lily's outstretched arms.

"LILY!" He squealed as Lily squeezed him. "You came back!"

"Of course," Lily said as she hugged him tight. He kissed her on the mouth one of his slobbery kissed and rested his head on her shoulder.

"It was like, forever, since you left," Christopher said as he shoved his thumb in his mouth.

"I told you I would come back," Lily said. Christopher nodded.

"Christopher, let me go ahead and feed you before I put you to bed," his mother said tenderly. She was like night and day with him now. Before she wanted nothing to do with him, now she was the model mother.

"No, Mama, I want Lily," Christopher said. Lily smiled at Auntie Potter and offered to feed him. Lily glanced up at James and Summer, who were sitting across from Lily at the table. She shifted Christopher to her leg closest to Striker, almost as a barrier. She and Christopher kept up their own quiet conversation while the adults all spoke and everyone ate.

"So, Lily," Mr. Potter said. "Are you still planning to go to ATA next year?"

"Yes sir," Lily said a Christopher shifted against her. "I am really looking forward to it."

"We are both going, actually," Striker interjected.

"To ATA?" Mr. Potter said nodding. "Very good. We can never have too many fantastic Aurors. You four Marauders could really learn to take a page from their books. Granted you are great Quidditch players, you have to have a viable career to fall back on."

"But isn't it true that Auror have a short life span?" Summer asked as Lily moved to get up. Christopher was beginning to get restless.

"Only mediocre ones or those in the highly dangerous Auror positions do. It takes years to get to those levels, and I doubt that there is a mediocre one among you all," Mr. Potter said proudly.

"Dad, I said I would think about it," James said. He looked at Lily. "Do you want me to put him to bed?"

"I think I got it," Lily said as she stood.

"I want James," Christopher whined.

"I guess he wants you," Lily said as James headed to her side of the table. Lily went to hand Christopher to James.

"No! I want Lily," Christopher whined.

"But you just said that you wanted James," Lily said to him.

"You two will be at it all night," Christopher's mother said. "You probably would be best to put him to bed together. He can never make up his mind who he wants to put him to bed."

"Right, ok," James said.

"We'll be right back," Lily promised, looking at Striker. Lily and James walked silently down the hallway to Christopher's room. It was warm and familiar, just as they last remembered it.

"Do you remember the last time we tucked him in to bed together?" James asked as Lily undressed the little boy and dressed him in his pajamas. Lily looked up at him from the floor.

"Of course," Lily smirked. "You were looking down my dress then too."

"Hey, I am not looking down you dress," James lied. Lily laughed at him.

"So, whose turn is it to sing to him or read him his fairytale?" Lily asked, changing the subject. James pointed at Lily.

"I think yours, my dear," James laughed. Lily shook her head.

"How about a kiss good night, and then off to sleep, Captain Booty?" Lily teased the little boy.

"Ok," Christopher said laughing. "You kiss James."

"What, no… she meant we give you a kiss and you go to bed," James laughed at the giggling boy.

"You kiss her, she kisses me," Christopher giggled.

"Oh, he is SO your cousin," Lily laughed. James nodded and helped Lily to her feet. James scooped Christopher up and placed him in the crib.

"Aren't you getting too big for a crib?" James asked him. Christopher nodded.

"At new Daddy's house, I have a big boy bed and there is a crib there, too, but it's not for me," Christopher said. He grinned. "I am not a Potter, anymore. I am a Kenney now. New Daddy got my name changed so me and mama will have the same name."

"Oh," Lily said. "So, you are getting a new brother or sister?"

"I guess," Christopher said shrugging. He grinned.

"I think he wants his good night kiss," Lily said with a smile on her face. James nodded and took a shaky breath. "Are you nervous, James?"

"Don't tease me," James said nervously. He cracked a smile and put his hand on the back of her head.

"Let's keep it G-rated, ok?" Lily teased. James nodded and pressed his mouth against hers. Lily could practically hear an old 60's muggle song playing in her head.

"You are playing that song in your head, aren't you?" James asked grinning like a fool as he pulled away slightly.

"Damn you know me too well," Lily said laughing as she pushed him away gently.

"Who doesn't know Betty Everett?" James asked. "So, is it in my kiss, Lily?"

"Let's get back to our boyfriend and girlfriend, shall we?" Lily said as she changed the subject and kissed Christopher good night. "See you in the morning."

"G'night," Christopher said sleepily. James and Lily headed back to the table in silence, and they joined the others for desert and dinner.

"So, Lily, I was telling Summer that all of us girls are heading to the spa tomorrow," Mrs. Potter said sweetly. "My treat."

"Wow," Lily said.

"Yes, and the boys are going hunting. Hopefully get us some wild turkey or quail," Mrs. Potter said.

"Our men with guns," Lily said grinning. "Let's hope that the spa and the hunt are no where near each other."

"Ha, ha, funny," James said. "I'll let you know that we Marauders are excellent hunters."

"I bet," Lily said grinning. "Sirius can find a morsel of food in the Sahara."

"Hey, and I was being nice to you, too," Sirius said. Lily laughed.

"I am only teasing," Lily said as Striker's hand caught her thigh. She nearly jumped.

"Are you ok?" Mrs. Potter said. Lily nodded as Striker's hand inched closer to her.

"Fine, I just remembered I have to take my migraine medicine," Lily said as she took her napkin off her lap, removing Striker's hand in the process. "If you will excuse me, Striker, could you walk me back?"

"Sure," Striker said with a telling grin on his face. "If you will excuse us."

"Yes, yes, of course," Mrs. Potter said. James tried to shoot her a look, but it went ignored. Lily and Striker walked hand in through the kitchen and took off running to the pool house. They were barely in the door when they started snatching each other's clothes off.

"Mmm, Striker," Lily said as her hands went into his hair and her mouth attached to his mouth. They were falling back wards toward the bed.

"Damn, Lily," he groaned as they scrambled under the covers. Lily gave him a devilish look as she plucked the last of her garments off and threw them to the way side. He grinned as he dove forward, his mouth seeking hers.

"Don't tickle," Lily breathed as his fingers caressed her hip.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Striker asked. Lily nodded.

"I have never been surer," Lily said. Striker nodded and smiled.

"Hey! Lily?" Remus' voice called hesitantly from the living room of the pool house. Striker groaned and Lily sighed.

"Can it wait?" Lily asked as Striker began pulling his clothes back on. "No, Striker, hold on, ok? Maybe it will be really quick."

"I doubt it," Striker said frustrated. "Nothing is ever quick when it comes to things like this."

"No," Remus said quickly.

"Fine, hold on," Lily groaned as she pulled her robe on quickly.

"You aren't going to put anything more on?" Striker said pointedly.

"It is going to be quick, and we are going to pick up where we left off," Lily promised. He threw her a pair of shorts and a tee shirt. Lily dressed and the two of them headed out of the bedroom. Summer was standing there, her arms crossed rather unpleased that she was there. Sirius, James, Peter, and Remus were there.

"We are going to watch the Winter Quidditch Game," Remus said as they settled in on Lily's couch. Lily nodded and sat in one of the chairs. She was thankful that she had gotten dressed. Striker had Lily get up, so he could sit there, and he pulled her onto his lap to watch. They were snuggled in an afghan which hid Striker's roaming hands from view. At some point, the boys broke out the firewhisky to add to their butterbeers.

Lily and Summer were exhausted the next morning when they headed out with Mrs. Potter and Auntie Potter-soon-to-be-Kenney. Mrs. Potter looked at them frowning. The girls were both in jeans, shirts, jackets, hats, mittens, and added dark sunglasses.

"My goodness. What were you kids up to last night?" Mrs. Potter asked curiously as she looked at them. Lily looked at Summer and laughed.

"We were watching the Winter Quidditch Game," Lily said yawning really big. Summer laughed.

"Speak for yourself. Two sips of that firewhisky and I was out like a light," Summer said.

"That explains why you were asleep on my couch this morning," Lily said. Summer laughed, despite herself.

"You were in the chair," Summer teased. Lily laughed loudly.

"I can't believe that all five of those boys squeezed into my bed last night. Goes to show you that boys plus firewhiskey and a challenge equals hilarity," Lily laughed. Summer joined in, and for a moment forgot that she hated Lily Evans with a passion.

-->