Unofficial Portkey Archive

For Your Every Need by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

For Your Every Need

Konflickted

A/N: Due to the lack of reliable computer/internet, I have no idea what the reviews are like, so if I am completely blowing it, I am sorry. I will not be without forever, but for now, I am, so bear with me if this sucks. Boy did Lily screw up something awful! I personally don't think she should be hated, but that again is my own opinion. How was she supposed to know Striker would kiss her, or that Sirius would see it? A total misunderstand. Anyways, here is chapter 5.

Don't Cross Him

Lily sat alone in the stands of the Quidditch pitch, watching the second set of tryouts for the Gryffindor team. She had brought her Charms book, having currently given up on Transfiguration. She would look up from time to time and watch James dictate to all of the players and new try-outs. He looked so strong and in control out there. Lily had never been able to be assertive on the level that he seemed to be. She was bossy, yes, but not assertive.

She had only agreed to come because of the guilt that had been growing inside of her since the Friday night, a week before. She looked at her Charms book, the map still tucked deep inside the book. She hadn't had the heart to tell James about Striker asking her out or kissing her. She didn't know James well enough to know how he would react to something like that. Lily knew he would find out, after all Sirius had witnessed the whole thing and tried to tell him that night. As far as she knew, he hadn't told James yet, and that made her nervous.

Lily glanced at the group of girls that had gathered in the stands closest to the field. Lily saw Summer there, cheering for the boys of Gryffindor mainly. She was there with her best friend, Christina Blanco, both mainly cheering for James. It irritated Lily, but it wasn't as if she could say anything. It had been Lily who had requested that they keep their relationship a secret, and it was Lily who had been kissed by another love interest.

`Is he that to me? Is Striker another love interest?' Lily pondered as she doodled in her book. She glanced down at her drawing, realizing she had rather absentmindedly tapped her want to animate it. It was a picture of a girl being pulled on one side by a boy with crazy hair and glasses and pulled on the other side by a boy with perfect teeth and piercing eyes.

"What is wrong with me?" Lily pondered aloud as she flipped the page harshly.

"Nothing from my point of view," Striker said as he stood above her, holding his own Charms book. He smiled at her as she shielded her eyes to look at him. His eyes really were bluer than the sky. It just didn't seem possible.

"Striker, hi," Lily said nervously. She had been careful to avoid talking to him for more than a passing moment.

"I figured that I would find the Head Girl out here cheering for her house," he said as he took a seat next to her, not waiting for an invite.

"I have to show my support," Lily said absentmindedly as she saw Sirius glaring at her with intensity he usually only showed for Severus Snape. Lily felt the heat rising in her cheeks and she shifted uncomfortably.

"I didn't really peg you as a Quidditch girl," Striker teased. He laughed and pointed at the girls several rows below who were shouting and waving madly at Sirius and James.

"I'm not," Lily confessed. Sirius was looking murderous by the moment and Lily shifted to look at Striker. "I am here to… support my… boyfriend." She chanced to look at Striker who looked like he had plastered a smile over a poorly hidden look of defeat and disappointment.

"Your… boyfriend?" Striker asked quietly. Lily nodded and pointed to James.

"The Head Boy," Lily said.

"Oh," Striker said. Heat rose to his cheeks. "How long, I mean I didn't know. I wouldn't have asked you out, you know, or kissed you. I am so sorry."

"No, its ok, Striker," Lily said. "We started dating over the summer, and we haven't publicly announced that we are dating. The only thing is his best friend, James' best friend, Sirius, saw you kiss me."

"Oh," Striker said.

"So, you see, you sitting here with me looks really bad," Lily explained. Striker smiled and nodded.

"I understand," Striker said as he stood suddenly. Lily watched him curiously as he loudly marched down to pitch-side and stood there a moment, throwing Lily a wicked smile before gathering Summer up in his arms and planting the hottest kiss he could muster on her. He pulled away.

"Thank you, Summer," Striker said loudly. He released the poor dazed girl and stalked out of the stadium without another word or glance. Lily shrugged, looking a little dumbfounded. She glanced up at James and Sirius, who were hovering on their brooms rather closely.

"Hey James," Lily said jumping up before she realized what she was doing.

"Yeah?" James asked as Lily headed toward the sidelines. He was sweaty and dirty, but Lily didn't care.

"I don't want to keep us a secret anymore," Lily said quickly. "Seeing how liberating it seemed for Striker to show how much he cares for Summer made me think I want people to know that you are mine and that I am yours."

"Ok," James said grinning. "You'll get no complaints from me."

James flew off to yell merrily at some third year who was trying for all his self worth to remain as a trainee. Sirius flew close to Lily, distrust in his eyes.

"I don't know what you are up to, Lily, but I don't like it," Sirius said to her, his voice low.

"Why didn't you tell James that Striker kissed me?" Lily asked hesitantly as she watched James.

"I was going to, but Remus said that it wasn't my place," Sirius said. "Plus I don't fancy James killing the messenger because his girl friend is letting strange boys kiss her in the dead of the night."

"I didn't ask to be kissed, Sirius," Lily defended hotly.

"The way you were dressed, yes you did," Sirius snapped. He shook his head. "If you hurt him, Lily, I will make sure that you feel the same paint two fold."

"Nice, Black. Threatening me," Lily grumbled.

"Oh, not a threat Lily, it's a promise. James is my brother," Sirius said quickly as James headed back their way. "For what it's worth, I think you should tell him, but whatever. It's your lie, not mine."

"You two look so serious over here," James said as he pulled to a stop next to Sirius. He laughed at his own joke and the two of them laughed half-heartedly.

"Nope," Lily said. "But I am glad that you are back, because I need to talk to you."

"Now's not a really good time, Lils. I have to get the rest of this tryout taken care of before I meet for my study group," James said quickly. He blew his whistle and headed off. Sirius shot her a dirty look and flew off after him. Lily shrugged and turned to leave.

"Is it true you and James are dating?" Summer asked her with a feigned disinterest.

"Yes," Lily said. Summer forced a smile.

"You are so lucky," Summer told her. Summer turned to her friends, and the group moved away from Lily. Shrugging, Lily headed out of the stadium. She needed to find some common ground, perhaps the comfort of her old friends.

Alice was exactly where Lily thought that she would find her, with Sheridan and Drena sitting by the lake. Lily threw herself down and begun to cry. She didn't know why, she just did. Alice and her friends let her be, passing her tissues when it seemed that the tears were stopping.

"He broke up with you?" Sheridan asked as Lily blew her nose.

"No, worse," Lily said. "He has been so sweet, meanwhile this Striker, from Herbology, Transfiguration, and Charms kissed me."

"When?" The girls demanded.

"A week ago," Lily confessed as she dabbed at her eyes.

"And you are just now telling us?" Drena asked.

"More importantly, what did James say?" Alice asked. Lily shook her head.

"I haven't told him, and Sirius witnessed the whole thing. He says the only reason he hasn't told yet is because Remus told him not to," Lily sniffled.

"What were you thinking?" Alice asked her.

"He kissed me, damn it. I didn't encourage it," Lily snapped. She took a deep breath, knowing that she needed her friends and acting this way was only going to drive them away. "I'm sorry, Alice, I just don't know what I have done."

"I think you should tell James," Alice said quickly.

"No she shouldn't," Sheridan said. "Do you know how mad he will be?"

"He is going to be angrier if he finds out from someone else," Alice said. Lily agreed, mentally, that it would be better if she told James than if James heard it from Sirius. Lily just didn't want to face the fact that James was going to be really mad.

"I told him that we should out our relationship," Lily said. Alice looked at her.

"I don't think that is going to solve your problem," Alice said quietly. Lily shook her head. She knew it wasn't going to solve anything.

"I think, I am going to go lay down for a little bit," Lily said as she stood. "My head is kind of hurting and now I am sure I look dreadful from all this crying."

"Yes, you do look a little like hell," Sheridan said. Drena nodded and went back to writing. Lily headed back to her dorm room and sat on the couch, her feet propped on the table. She almost nodded off, but Sirius burst in loudly. He stopped when he saw her sitting there.

"Evans," Sirius said curtly as he headed towards James' room.

"Sirius, wait," Lily said as she stood. Sirius stood there, uncomfortable. He held the box of Gryffindor Quidditch balls.

"What is it?" Sirius asked.

"I am really sorry about the kiss," Lily said quickly.

"Why? Because you got caught?" Sirius said coldly. Lily shook her head.

"No, because it happened at all," Lily said. "Haven't you ever made a mistake?"

"Not like that, no. When I have a girl friend, she is the only one I am ever kissing. Was that your intention, the reason you wanted to keep your relationship quiet? You wanted James and Striker?"

"No, of course not," Lily defended angrily. "I love James. I could see spending the rest of my life with him."

"Hell of a way to show it, kissing another boy," Sirius snapped at her angrily.

"I didn't kiss Striker, Striker kissed me," Lily shouted at him.

"What?" James asked with great confusion in his voice. Lily and Sirius turned quickly to see James standing there, his face evident of how much he had heard. "Who… what? I mean, Striker… and you?"

"James," Lily said as she took a step towards James. He looked at her angrily and shook his head, raising a hand to stop her.

"No, Lily, is it true? You and Striker kissed?" James asked angrily.

"Well, he kissed me, last week," Lily said. James went from angry to outrage.

"He kissed you a week ago, and you weren't going to tell me?" James demanded.

"I was going to tell you, soon," Lily said remorsefully. "I was just explaining to Sirius here that…"

"And you knew, didn't you? That's why you have been bad mouthing Lily to me all week," James snapped as he turned to Sirius. Sirius opened his mouth to speak.

"Remus told me not to tell you," Sirius said defensively.

"Remus knows? Who else knows? Am I the only one who didn't know?" James yelled angrily. Lily shook her head.

"I am so sorry, James," Lily said as she stepped toward him.

"No, Lily, stop," James snapped. "This was that night, wasn't it? The night that we almost had sex. That is why you said that you didn't feel like it, wasn't it? You were riddled with guilt."

"I am so, so sorry James," Lily cried. "I swear, it is never going to happen again."

"Damn straight it's not," James said angrily. He hesitated. "I can't be with someone who cheats, Lily. Even if only a kiss."

"What are you saying?" Lily asked.

"James, what are you doing, man?" Sirius asked.

"Lily, I was wrong. We aren't ready to be together, but this time it isn't me," James said quickly. He turned and walked out of the dorm. Lily stood there gaping at where James had once been.

"Did… did he just break up with me?" Lily asked Sirius with fresh tears in her eyes.

"I…I think he did," Sirius said hesitantly. Sirius looked over at Lily, who seemed rooted to her spot. Never, in a million years did he think that James would ever break up with Lily. Lily was the only girl James had ever really wanted in his entire life.

Sirius hesitantly left Lily. He had been angry with her, but he never intended to have them break up or hurt her. It took little time for it to get around that Lily and James had broken up. For many, it was the first that they had heard of them dating.

-->