Unofficial Portkey Archive

For Your Every Need by Konflickted
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

For Your Every Need

Konflickted

A/N: Had a terrible internet issue, so these posts aren't going to come as quickly, not that they aren't written, it's just a matter of locating a computer that has functional internet until a new computer with functioning internet comes in the mail (makes me sound so spoiled, I know). Thank you to all of you who are posting reviews, thank you to Mud for the name, and thank you to all of you I see time and time again. It means you are really reading, and hanging in there. And so… enjoy!

******

Almost Together

As smart as she was, as much as she already knew, Lily just couldn't wrap her mind around this concept in her book. She had read the chapter three times, and still, it made little sense to her. She was frustrated. Nothing ever came this difficult to her. Then again, this was Transfiguration and not Charms. Sighing, she looked at the clock. She needed to get ready for patrol soon; otherwise she was going to be late, which would not be cool. Lily closed the book and pulled her school robes on over her shorts and tee-shirt. With her just patrolling, no one needed to know she wasn't decked out in the full uniform.

"Hey, Lily," James said as she came out of her room. She looked over at him in surprise, him sitting on their couch working on his homework.

"You do know that it is Friday night, right?" Lily asked as she stood there with a hand on her hip. He grinned at her.

"I have detention with Sprout tomorrow and I was planning on handling Quidditch tryouts, as well," James said looking up. Lily smirked.

"So, Sirius is still in Professor McGonagall's detention?" Lily asked. James grinned, though with less enthusiasm.

"Yeah, and Remus is out already getting ready for patrol," James said remorsefully.

"What about Peter?" Lily asked him. He made a face.

"I'd rather do this stupid Life Studies homework," James replied. "By the way, why in the world should I care about driving a car or how to pick out proper work clothes?"

"So you don't look ridiculous when you go out in Muggle society," Lily said with a laugh in her voice. James tossed the book aside and jumped up, taking Lily into his arms.

"I have you to do that for me," James said. Lily laughed and struggled playfully. "You can choose my clothes for me every morning before I go off to work."

"James, really," Lily squealed as he kissed her face.

"Come on, Lily, blow off patrol, and hang out with me," James coaxed. Lily laughed and shook her head.

"You know I can't. Plus I wouldn't want you to be taken from your homework," Lily said. James made a playful pout but nodded and released her.

"Alright, I get it," James said with feigned hurt. "You would rather be out patrolling with Remus tonight."

"Don't give me that look, James," Lily protested as she stepped closer to him. She gave him a look, their look, the one that said if we could, we would… right now. James grinned.

"You know, we could fool around a bit, later," James said as he went to hug her. She laughed.

"No, actually, I wish we could but this damn Transfiguration homework is kicking my can," Lily said as she pulled away and headed to their portrait hole.

"Hey, when you get back, we can take a look at it together, but one on condition," James taunted. Lily looked at him hesitantly.

"What condition?" Lily asked. James looked at her mischievously.

"We have to study in bed," James said. Lily looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"You are forever trying to get me in your bed, James," Lily said shaking her head. She laughed. "I'll pass."

"Awe, come on, Lils. I was in your bed back home," James mocked her playfully.

"We weren't dating then. How about we study on the couch, ok?" Lily said firmly. James paused then nodded. A moment with Lily was worth it. He could handle just getting her on the couch, and if he was forced just to study, then that was fine. He smiled.

"I'd be fine to study," James said quietly as he watched her wave him off.

"See you in a bit," Lily said as she exited the portrait hole. She wasn't surprised to see Remus waiting for her. He was just as punctual as she was, most of the time. When he didn't let Sirius or James distract him, he had many of the same idiosyncrasies as Lily had.

"Lily, hey," Remus said as she smiled at him. The two of them began walking in silence down the corridors, finding random first years still milling about and the odd person out of dorms after hours. Even this early in the year, students were pairing up into couples at an alarming rate.

"So, Lily, how are things between you and James?" Remus asked curiously as Lily and he walked along a particularly deserted hallway. Lily smiled and shrugged.

"Fine, why?" Lily asked quickly.

"I was just curious," Remus said. Lily looked at him skeptically.

"No, you are never just curious, Remus," Lily said knowingly. "I have been patrolling with you since third year, and I know you never ask a question without a reason."

"Ok, well," Remus said slowly. "I was just curious because you seem a bit distracted in some of our classes, particularly Charms."

"I'm not distracted," Lily defended. She added a smile to the statement.

"Not even by Striker Herron?" Remus asked ducking slightly when she swung around. She looked a bit annoyed.

"No," Lily said lightly. "I am friends with him, and I am in love with James. I would appreciate you not putting any of these silly thoughts in James' head."

"Ok, I was just checking," Remus said quietly. He smiled at her. "I like you, Lily, but James is one of my best friends. I just want to make sure you don't hurt him."

"Like I could ever hurt the big, bad Quidditch player," Lily laughed as they continued down the to the last check point.

"You would be surprised how sensitive he can be," Remus said. He looked over his shoulder and lowered his voice. "You should have seen how upset he was when we all found out about your parents."

"Old news and they didn't die some dark way," Lily said quickly. She just shook her head. "My father was drinking and driving, a terrible, sad mistake, but nothing too unexpected. He loved me and my sister, but he had a bit of a problem. No one is perfect."

"You are, or at least James thinks you are perfect," Remus said very quietly. He looked at the portraits and not at her. Lily shook her head.

"I am not perfect, and everyone who believes that I am is doing themselves a great disservice," Lily said quietly. She sighed.

"Well, it has been fun," Remus lied as they stood in front of their portrait openings. They had continued the rest of the patrol in silence.

"No, it really hasn't, but that is ok," Lily said. She hugged him. "It is always a pleasure walking with you."

"Well, you know that I am not going to be able to patrol on the full moon," Remus reminded her needlessly. Lily smiled and nodded.

"I remembered, and I scheduled you and James off, so that you can do your thing," Lily said. She hugged him one last time and the headed into the Head Common room. James was waiting, snatching his book up the minute Lily walked in the room.

"Have you been studying the whole time," Lily asked as she looked at the book. He was holding his Life Skill book upside down.

"Yup," he lied.

"Upside down?" Lily asked. James glanced down at the page and then back up at her, grinning.

"It makes just as much sense this way," James lied convincingly. Lily laughed shaking her head. She took his book out of his hand and threw it onto one of the chairs.

"I want to learn to become an Anamagi," Lily said quietly, a slick smile on her face. "A doe, like my patronous, actually."

"You do realize that Anamagi still do the dirty deed, right?" James said wiggling his eyebrows at her.

"James, my goodness," Lily groaned, blushing. He grabbed her hand and pulled her down to the couch next to him.

"I am tempted to take your goodness," James said boldly as he kissed her. Lily laughed as his fingers touched her face.

"I am tempted to let you, James Potter, but I have to grasp this concept," Lily said as she pulled free. James rolled his eyes good naturedly and pulled his book off the stack he had in front of him. Lily looked at his books, thinking they were arranged much like a fort of some sort.

"Ok, the theory behind Transfiguration, according to the book is…" James started. Lily listened intently as he read, explaining things according to the book, and then explaining them so that they made sense. Each word James formed was like the slightest drop of this intoxicating potion that made Lily less focused on the concept, and more focused on things not fit for her thoughts.

"James," Lily breathed. James looked at her with the slightest confused smile at her sudden mention of his name.

"Yeah?" James replied. She practically pounced on him, shoving the book to the floor. James was speechless as Lily pulled his face to hers, her mouth seeking and exploring his. James' heart was pounding in his chest, and he had to admit, he was quite excited about this ravenous, animalist side to Lily he had never seen.

"Maybe," Lily whispered between kisses that had managed to get a few of his shirt buttons lost and his belt loosened. "Maybe we should head to the bedroom."

"What?" James asked dumb-founded-ly.

"You heard me," Lily said standing. She had this look of pure mischievousness on her face.

"Ok," James said jumping up after having came to his sense. He went to reach for her hand to lead Lily to his bedroom when Professor McGonagall entered the common room. She was dressed in an old fashion nightgown and robe.

"Good, you are awake," Professor McGonagall said shrilly. "We need for one of you to accompany a second year Ravenclaw to St. Mungo's. There was an attack on his family, and they are there."

"I'll go," James said. "No need for two of us to go."

"Ok," Lily said nodding. "Professor, is his family going to be ok?"

"It is too soon to tell, Lily," Professor McGonagall said as she signaled for James to get dressed. James disappeared into his dorm room. "Death Eaters used an unforgivable curse."

"That's awful, really," Lily said frowning.

"Stop me if I am wrong, but did I interrupt something when I came in here?" Professor McGonagall asked curiously. Lily shook her head.

"No, of course not," Lily lied. She gestured to the books. "Just a bit of studying before bedtime, and actually James was helping me with the concept of human to mammal transfiguration."

"He seems to be adept, I agree," Professor McGonagall said nodding as James stepped out of the bedroom.

"Adept? Me? Never, and I won't have you spreading rumors," James said with mock indignation.

"Can't anyone pay you a compliment without you acting like a pompous jerk," Lily asked in a huff as she flopped back down on the couch.

"Nope," James said cheekily as he gestured for Professor McGonagall to lead the way. James swooped down and kissed Lily on the cheek. "I'll be back soon, and we can pick up where we left off."

"Ok," Lily said as she waved him off. "Be safe."

"Always," James said as he left. Lily sighed, disappointed that he had left. She looked around the room, suddenly bored and feeling quite alone. At least in the old dorm, she would have had Alice, Drena, or Sheridan to talk to instead of the silence of being alone. She headed to her bedroom and changed into her favorite pair of pajamas: very short shorts and a tiny little top with straps. She looked at herself, wondering what she was doing, or planning to do.

`You are going to be eighteen in January, this is ok,' Lily thought to herself as she adjusted her breast a bit, wondering if they were too small for James' liking. He had seen plenty in his seventeen years, she supposed. What if he liked the big breasted girls that seemed to follow him around?

"Like Summer Pendarvis?" Lily murmured aloud. Damn perky breasted little sunshine colored hair girl. Yeah, she was so damn cute, it wasn't fair.

`You're no Summer, that's for sure,' Lily thought to herself. Summer had to be at least twice Lily's size in that department. At least a D, if not more. Lily shook her head.

Lily headed back to the couch to do a bit of studying. She grabbed James' Transfiguration book and the Marauder's Map fell out from between the pages. James had explained how it worked, and how they had created it. Lily remembered being slightly jealous. If they put their minds to it, the Marauders were really bright. They just had little drive for the normal things that witches and wizards usually strived for in life.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good," Lily said aloud as she tapped the map with her wand. Like flowing ink, the map appeared from the tip over her wand. Lily looked at the little dots. She could see Sirius, way out of bed and out of bounds. She laughed, knowing he was probably heading to the kitchens. A sense of duty urged her to go and get her robes on so that she could ambush him and give him detention.

"It's not Sirius' fault he has a tape worm," Lily murmured as she poked the dot with her finger. "I ought to make this thing un-summon-able, for the fun of it." With a nonverbal charm, she made the thing un-summon-able. She laughed at the thought that no one would be able just to summon it, and none of them would have any idea why. It would be hilarious, though maybe not so much for them,

Lily looked around the castle on the map and saw that Striker was out of bed. Where she had only mildly wanted to tell Sirius off and give him detention, Lily felt completely compelled to seek out Striker. Without a second thought, she left the couch. She threw her robe on over her pajamas and set out quickly, map and wand in her hand. It didn't take her but three minutes to come across Striker standing alone in the hall way outside of Professor Slughorn's classroom, trying to pick the lock the non-magical way.

"What are you doing?" Lily demanded as she came across him. He jumped, dropping the little metal pins he had.

"You scared me," Striker said quietly. He reached to pick the metal bits up off the floor.

"What are you doing out of bed, Striker?" Lily asked quickly. "And why does it suspiciously look like you are trying to break into Professor Slughorn's classroom?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Striker said as he resumed picking the lock. Lily's mouth dropped at his boldness.

"I am Head Girl, and it is my duty to make sure that each student is safe and secure, tucked away in their beds each night," Lily said quickly. Striker shot her a look over his shoulder, coupled with a disarming smile.

"Tuck us away in our beds, will you? I must remember to sign up for those services from the Head Girl," Striker said as he turned back to the lock.

"What?" Lily said uncertainly. He had thrown her off guard. She shook her head. "Why are you trying to break into Professor Slughorn's classroom?"

"I left my books and wand in there," Striker said pointing to the door. "Slughorn had me helping him, then my little friend from Ravenclaw got bad news, and had a mini breakdown and I rushed out without my stuff."

"Really?" Lily asked suspiciously. Striker stood, wiping his hands on his black jeans.

"I would never lie to you," Striker said smiling. "Certainly not about something like this."

"But you would lie to me?" Lily asked as she stood there, watching him. He smiled.

"Yes," Striker said. "If you were in your ninth month of pregnancy, as big as a house trying to get ready so we could meet my parents for dinner, and you asked me if you look huge, I would lie to you then."

"Uh," Lily said as heat rose to her face at an alarming rate.

"Anyways, I thought that I could pick this lock, but I can't," Striker said. "I really hoped to study a bit on that whole Transfiguration thing, but without my book, I am lost. Do you think you could help me out?"

"You mean unlock the door?" Lily asked.

"Yup, just a little Alohamora to the door, I pop in and grab my stuff, and then you can dutifully walk me back to my dorm room," Striker said smiling at her. Lily hesitated. She really shouldn't help him break into Professor Slughorn's classroom, even if he had only needed to because he had been an upstanding school citizen and helped a fellow housemate out in his time of need.

"Fine," Lily said as she tapped the door silently. The lock clicked open and Striker opened the door.

"You had better come with me, so that there are no questions later," Striker said as he took her hand and lead her into the classroom.

"Really, I shouldn't," Lily protested as she stood close to the door. Striker's books and wand were there, waiting on the desk. He scooped everything up and threw it into his backpack. He grabbed his wand and shoved it into his back pocket.

"Alright, Head Girl," Striker teased. "I'm ready if you are."

"Ok, let's be quick," Lily said as they headed back into the hallway. She locked the door behind her and the two of them walked back toward the Ravenclaw tower.

"So," Striker said quietly. "You are really good at charms, right?"

"I think so," Lily said.

"That should help, at ATA, right?" Striker asked. Lily nodded wordlessly as she stole a glance at the map. James was no where around yet, so she didn't feel like she was being betraying by not being there with him.

"Yeah, it should," Lily said. Striker looked at the map.

"Nice map," Striker said.

"Head tools," Lily lied quickly. Striker nodded, smiling at her again. Lily like his smile, but it made her nervous. She didn't know why it made her nervous.

"So, I was thinking," Striker said quietly as they stopped in front of his house's portrait. "Do you want to go to Hogsmeade that first weekend in October?"

"What?" Lily asked. Striker checked his watch, realizing that it was getting really late. He was already tired, and he had wanted to study before bed.

"Just think about it," Striker said. He leaned forward and kissed Lily on the mouth in a rather restrained manner. He pulled back with a smile. "Talk to you later, okay?"

Lily looked at the portrait with her mouth open for a minute before she turned to head back to her own portrait. She stopped suddenly, and her mouth dropped open. Sirius was standing there, his own mouth hanging open. The cookies and treats he had in his mouth and arms had spilled to the floor around his feet. They stood their staring at each other.

"Sirius," Lily said in surprise.

"Ah, Lils, don't give him detention," James said as he came across them standing on opposite ends of the hall way. James brushed past Sirius, oblivious, and wrapped an arm around Lily's shoulder. "Head off to bed, Sirius, and I will talk to our sweet little Head Girl about you needing special traveling purposes for means of food consumption."

"James, mate, I need to talk to you," Sirius said despite Lily's pleading look.

"Later," James laughed. "I have to pick up where I left off."

-->