Unofficial Portkey Archive

Kissing the Wrong Santa by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Kissing the Wrong Santa

Harry85

Disclaimer: Not mine. You know how it would have ended if it was, right?

A/N: My response to the "Kissing Santa" Challenge by leochick, which can be found here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26200. Hope you'll enjoy it, and please leave me a comment if you read, so that I know what you think of it.

Kissing The Wrong Santa

Chapter Seventeen: Fifteen Years Later

It was the morning of September 1st, and in Godric's Hollow a particular house was alive with excitement and a bit of worry too. It was the Potter household, where Harry and Hermione Potter had transferred just after their wedding. They were currently occupied in getting their children ready for the trip to Platform 9 ¾, to board the Hogwarts Express.

"Daniel, are you ready, munchkin?" Hermione called from the living room.

"Mum, James keeps hiding my things!" the boy lamented.

"James Albus Potter, stop pestering your brother now!" Hermione menacingly called, going into the room to check the situation.

James, a fifteen years old boy with raven hair and brown eyes that made him almost a spitting image of his grandfather at his age, if not for the slightly different tone of his eyes, smiled at her innocently, but Hermione wasn't fooled. Glaring at him, she waited for him to give back to Daniel what he had hid.

"Ok, ok" the teenager huffed, , giving back to his brother the shirt he had taken.

Hermione shot him a reproachful look, while Harry watched from behind her, amused.

"He must have channelled my father's spirit" he commented while they were going to check on their little girls, making Hermione chuckle.

Lily Ann Potter was a fourteen years old witch who had inherited her father's skills on a broom and her mother's brain. She was top of her class and part of the Quidditch team for Gryffindor, playing as Seeker. Harry couldn't be more proud of her, as he was of all his babies, and he knew he would have to worry soon about her dating. Her gorgeous looks, with her green eyes and honey-coloured hair were sure to start to attract boys anytime now, if they hadn't already…but after all, seeing how beautiful her mother was, one should not be surprised, Harry thought with a smile.

"She is not going to date till she's out of school" he had said once, and earned himself a piercing glare from Hermione, so he had sighed and relented. Still, he would be worried sick about his baby girl once she started dating.

James, well, he was a real prankster, but was also Prefect and Quidditch Captain, playing as Chaser, and he had always had high marks, although study wasn't first on his list of preferred activities. You could say he was a perfect balance of Harry and Hermione in that.

Daniel Sirius Potter, instead, was starting just that year, and in the previous days Harry had often reassured him about the Sorting.

"It's nothing terrible, don't listen to your brother's teasing" he had said. "Just an old hat placed on your head which decides where you belong. And even if you are not a Gryffindor, we will love you, so you have nothing to fear"

Daniel had seemed a bit reassured by these words.

Then there was little Katherine Alexia Potter, who was just five years old but was already showing signs of being a bright witch herself. She was constantly going through books she still couldn't read, and Harry had no doubt she would be as smart as her mother. However, she had black curly hair and piercing green eyes, both taken from her father.

Once the three Hogwarts students were ready, with their trunks in front of them, Harry shrunk them and put them in his pocket, then one after the other they Flooed to the Leaky Cauldron . From there they would use the Muggle transportation to reach King's Cross. When everyone else was gone, Harry stepped into the fireplace, thinking that he had suffered much in his life, but the family he now had was worth it anytime.

-->