Unofficial Portkey Archive

In the Eyes of the Eagle by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

In the Eyes of the Eagle

frecklegirl87

Chapter Three: A Night to Remember

Song: "Waiting On The World To Change" by John Mayer

Me and all my friends

We're all misunderstood

They say we stand for nothing and

There's no way we ever could

Now we see everything that's going wrong

With the world and those who lead it

We just feel like we don't have the means

To rise above and beat it

So we keep waiting

Waiting on the world to change

We keep on waiting

Waiting on the world to change

It's hard to beat the system

When we're standing at a distance

So we keep waiting

Waiting on the world to change

Now if we had the power

To bring our neighbors home from war

They would have never missed a Christmas

No more ribbons on their door

And when you trust your television

What you get is what you got

Cause when they own the information, oh

They can bend it all they want

That's why we're waiting

Waiting on the world to change

We keep on waiting

Waiting on the world to change

It's not that we don't care,

We just know that the fight ain't fair

So we keep on waiting

Waiting on the world to change

And we're still waiting

Waiting on the world to change

We keep on waiting waiting on the world to change

One day our generation

Is gonna rule the population

So we keep on waiting

Waiting on the world to change

We keep on waiting

Waiting on the world to change

Nicole entered into a room that was engrossed in darkness and the temperature was currently set at freezing apparently, she thought. Lizzie seemed to have the oddest habits of living in the Slytherin Household, including how she slept. She never understood how someone could sleep in such an amount of total darkness; it was beyond her completely.

"Lizzie!" Nicole said, as she tried to get Lizzie to wake up.

It was the morning of the ball; or rather it was already 3 in the afternoon on that Saturday. Nicole was already in a frantic state; Lizzie had never slept this late before.

And she couldn't have picked a better day to do so, Nicole thought

There was knocking sound at the door.

Nicole got up and went to the door, opened it and saw Michael.

"What are you doing?" She couldn't put her finger on it exactly but she had the strangest feeling about him, something just wasn't quite right.

"Checking up on my girlfriend if that's ok with her best friend," Michael sneered as he swiftly went past her and went to Lizzie, who was still sound asleep and under the covers of her bed.

He spoke softly to Lizzie as she still slept away the day, and he shook her just a tad but as he still tried to wake her up.

"I already tried that," Nicole said, watching Michael try to awaken her.

"Apparently, your ways didn't work as you can see," Michael said, "but mine are more persuasive."

"Oh, so you think so?" Nicole said, getting rather annoyed at Lizzie's boyfriend.

"I do," Michael smirked as he lowered his head towards Lizzie's and kissed her.

Before long, Lizzie was responding back; like a true Malfoy, indeed. The way to get them up was to get their lovers to kiss them. Michael and Lizzie weren't lovers but after all, Lizzie wasn't Draco Malfoy's daughter for nothing. She often followed in her father's footsteps without even realizing it at times.

"Morning to you too," Lizzie said, opening her eyes.

"More like afternoon," Michael said, kissing her again, biting her lip gently.

"Afternoon?" Lizzie rose up knocking Michael over a little bit.

"I've tried to get you up before now but you simply shooed me away with your fist," Nicole said.

"Oops, sorry about that Nicole," Lizzie grinned going back to Michael's warm and inviting lips.

"Ok, enough is enough," Nicole said getting tired of seeing this, grabbed a hold of Michael and pulling him away from Lizzie, "you two can continue your make out session later on tonight. Right now, I have to get Lizzie to her hair appointment. Let alone get her ready for the ball tonight."

"Oh come on Nicole," she whined, "just a little bit longer."

"No," Nicole said, shoving Michael out the door of their room, "good-bye Michael. She'll see you later tonight, I promise you that."

"Aww, that was mean," Lizzie said.

"Drastic times calls for drastic measures," Nicole said.

"Oh please, whatever."

~*~

"Nicole! Where's my ruby necklace?"

"Ruby? Damn girl, you're about as expensive as expensive gets. If it wasn't for your mother not knowing about your Grandmother Narcissa spoiling you like a true Malfoy is at times, then I'd swear you'd be a true Slytherin Ice Queen by now."

"Oh I already am," Lizzie said, a little too proudly with too much pride, "do you know where it is or not? I need to know which jewelry to put on if that one isn't found at this moment."

"Oh relax would you?" Nicole asked, "Its right where you left it last, on your nightstand by the lamp."

"Would you bring it to me please?" Lizzie asked.

"You're being a little too bossy today Lizzie," Nicole said, "Remember, I have a date too. I also, need to get ready. So hurry up in there."

"Ok, ok, ok," Lizzie said, clasping the necklace around her neck. "It's all yours now."

"Ooh you look pretty in that gorgeous dress," Nicole said, as she too had just gotten into her own dress. "I don't know who will be pleased more: Michael or that idiotic geek-looking, Gryffindor Thomas Craven."

She stood near the mirror in her room staring at her hair, trying to fix it just right as she continued talking to Nicole, who was using the mirror in Lizzie's bathroom.

"Oh that's disgusting and unpleasant! You dare to even speak his name? What are you trying to do? Jinx the night away? It hasn't even officially started yet."

"Sorry, just pointing out the obvious."

Thomas Craven had been a Gryffindor who apparently was obsessed with Lizzie and all her fabulous glory. At first she was flattered but then it became stalker-ish and creepy. Several of the Slytherin boys had threatened him enough to make him back off of their high prized queen of the house, even Professor Snape was impressed at how much loyalty she commanded with such a simple ounce of facile. It was simply amazing at that.

Lizzie was wearing a beautiful clover green, strapless satin ball gown with criss-cross ruched bust with beading in the upper middle section. She was the image of beauty, quite exquisite and nothing less. If there was one thing she prided herself on, it was her choice of fashion; she had a theory that if she were to be walking down the street and she met some famous person, what kind of first impression would she make if she wore simple clothes such as muggle jeans and t-shirts? She never went out into public without a made over face at least.

"Well don't when it comes to that ugly geek," Lizzie said.

Nicole was wearing a stunning deep red satin spaghetti strap trumpet with ruched bust and open criss-cross back. It dipped down low enough to show just enough of what she wanted, she couldn't possibly let Lizzie take the stage show completely now could she? All of her life she had been the one who was neglected the most, granted having older siblings would do that to a person but being second to Lizzie was better than nothing she supposed. If anything, she considered herself to be like Pansy Parkinson, always around and yet, always important but yet, kept at bay as well. Ever since she had met Lizzie, she became her own person, or at least the princess of slytherin.

"You know that dress would look even better if it was a deep green instead of a deep red," Lizzie said, zipping up the back of her dress.

"Too bad," Nicole said, "it's staying as it is. If I were going to change it, it'd be black not green."

"Determined to be naughty tonight are you?" Lizzie asked.

Red and black seemed to be the sexiest colors there ever possibly could be. Red simply meant love but yet, also a bit risky at the same time. Add the black, and you've got an air of mystery to the night.

"You never know," Nicole said almost dirty-like enough to turn on a man, if one were standing right beside her.

After another ten minutes of primping and each girl was ready to greet their dates for the night.

"Ok, let's go barge in on our men," Lizzie said.

"Nope," Nicole said, "Ryan is meeting me down in the common room, which brings to my attention that I was supposed to be down there about five minutes ago."

"What are you waiting on then?" Lizzie asked. "Go already!"

They hurried out of the room and Nicole split away from Lizzie once she saw Ryan Corners by the fireplace, leaving Lizzie to go find her man.

"You look gorgeous Nikki," Ryan said, stealing a kiss.

"Thank-you Ryan and I thought I told you never to call me Nikki again," Nicole said, "it's so not classic at all."

"I'm sorry malady," Ryan said, recovering from his apparent mistake by kissing her again and graveling at her feet. " "Tis beauty truly blent, whose red and white, nature's own sweet and cunning hand laid on. Lady, you are the cruel'st she alive, If you will lead these graces to the grave and leave the world no copy.""

"Don't gravel at my feet, well it wouldn't hurt but don't go too far to where it's pathetic," Nicole ordered and a little shocked he had quoted a muggle being, at least he was a great Muggle but still a Muggle nonetheless. "Were you just quoting a muggle?"

"A great while ago the world begun, with hey, ho, the wind and the rain, But that's all one, our play is done, and we'll strive to please you every day." He grinned only towards her but continued to stare at her beauty as they talked.

When it came to who was bossier than who, Nicole tied with Lizzie in the Slytherin household. She definitely knew her place though when it came to a society social status among the household; she would always be placed right after Lizzie as second.

"You got it my dear," Ryan said, offering an arm, "ready to go?"

Nicole took his hand, instead of his arm and then went with him.

Meanwhile, Lizzie on the other hand, was currently in Michael's room, looking for him but yet he was nowhere to be found.

Lizzie scrounged through the Gryffindor common room, even though she had never been in this room as her mother had once had, she knew the way around. She had a copy of the Maurader's Map from Uncle's George and Fred. She knew the whole castle basically. She constantly made her way towards the doorway to the common room.

"Miss Malfoy," a voice said from behind.

Lizzie turned around and looked to see a stubby little elf at her feet.

"What do you want?" Lizzie asked.

Apparently, she was exactly like her father when it came to house elves. He didn't really care about manners when it came to them and neither did Lizzie. Both her and her father just covered that little fact when Ginny was around.

The little stubby elf held out an envelope with her name on it.

"This is for you madam," the elf said, with a smile on her face. "Mr. Potter requests for you to receive this at this time of evening. He wishes you to come to him."

"Very well," Lizzie said. "Would you be able to lead the way to him?"

"I'm afraid I can not do that Miss," the elf said. "I now say good-bye and good luck with your quest."

Then just like that, the stubby little elf was gone.

Well that was rude, Lizzie thought. Not even a hint on where to go.

The envelope in Lizzie's hands was starting to get warm for some odd reason. She jittered a little at that little predicament. She started to open the envelope. Inside was the most beautiful green card with glossy white writing on it with the trim just as the same.

My dear Lizzie,

Tonight will be a night to remember for you and for the both of us. Here in this card, among others, I've left a trail that is of our first things we shared as a couple, that leads the path to finding me. For the first task, you must go to the place where we shared our first first together. Good luck my love.

Love yours forever,

Michael Potter

So that's what this was about, Lizzie thought. I'm supposed to find him through out the mist of all this mess. What was our first first?

Lizzie thought on this for a moment.

First holding hands, first kiss, first special moment. Which was it? Which came first for that matter?

At that moment, a beautiful red rose appeared to her, which was also floating in the air towards her. She reached out and took it and then instantly knew where to go, the Slytherin Gardens': where she had first received her first kiss.

Again, like before, there was a little stubby elf again when she got to the beautiful fountain that was surrounded by roses and all other flowers equally beautiful, in the Slytherin Gardens'.

"Congratulations Miss Malfoy," the little elf said. "You've completed the first task. Mr. Potter wishes me to give you this."

Again, the elf held out yet another envelope for her to take.

Lizzie took it and then opened it.

My dearest Lizzie,

If you're reading this, then you've made it though the first round. There are only as many rounds as many firsts we have discovered together. Now, go to the place where we shared our first moment together. By the way, you look beautiful my dear. If only I could get up close to you to prove to you how beautiful you are. Only one more task after this.

Forever yours,

Michael Potter

Lizzie then rushed off to the next place, the lake by the Gryffindor tower.

Again, the stubby little elf was there when she got there.

"What have you got for me this time?" Lizzie asked.

The elf smiled and then held out the last letter to Lizzie.

My sweet Lizzie,

For the last task, I'll ask you to do one thing. Turn around and look.

Internally yours,

Michael

That was short, Lizzie thought.

The elf disappeared all of a sudden. Lizzie then did as the letter had requested.

Lizzie turned around to be in Michael's arms as he suddenly dipped her backwards a little bit, leaned down and kissed her.

"You sneaky thing you," Lizzie said as Michael slowly pulled her back up to a right position.

"Don't I know it," Michael said, as he pulled something out of his pocket.

Lizzie looked as he did this.

"Michael, uh…" Lizzie started. "That isn't what I think it is, is it?"

"Are you thinking it's an engagement ring?" Michael asked.

"Well," Lizzie said. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking at this moment."

"Well, you're wrong my dear," Michael said.

Lizzie's eyes dropped back to normal for relief.

"It's a promise ring," Michael said, as he opened it up for her to see.

It was the most beautiful ring she had ever seen. Gold band with three little diamonds surrounding one big diamond.

"It's beautiful Michael," Lizzie said, as she put it on her right ring finger. "Thank-you."

"Let's go shall we?" Michael asked.

"Yes but first," Lizzie said.

"First what?" Michael asked.

"First this," Lizzie said, as she then stepped closer pulling him and kissed him hard.

The kiss then turned into more of a sweet and gentle kiss.

"I think I love you Elizabeth Nicole Malfoy," Michael whispered against her lips.

"And I love you, Michael John Potter," Lizzie whispered against his lips and then deepened the kiss.

Notes:

And I know the chapters are not as long as I would like them to be but I am trying! Please review!

Here are the links to the girls' dresses.

Lizzie's dress:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=3730&prodgroup=110

Nicole's dress:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=2971&prodgroup=110

Quotes:

"Tis beauty truly blent, whose red and white, nature's own sweet and cunning hand laid on. Lady, you are the cruel'st she alive, If you will lead these graces to the grave and leave the world no copy."-Shakespeare's play, Twelfth Night. Act I: Line 256-261.

"A great while ago the world begun, with hey, ho, the wind and the rain, But that's all one, our play is done, and we'll strive to please you every day."-Shakespeare's play, Twelfth Night. Act IV: Line 414-417.

-->