Unofficial Portkey Archive

In the Eyes of the Eagle by frecklegirl87
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

In the Eyes of the Eagle

frecklegirl87

Thanks to my beta Hermisia Draco. And this chapter is mainly just fluff, I wish I could have found a way to make it into something more serious but rather than get aggravated with it and not post, I'm just going to post and keep going cause I've got several more chapters that have yet to be posted. Happy reading! And please review!

Chapter 6: Moments of Weakness

It had been several months, five months to be exact, since Ginny had discovered Draco unconscious. Yet, here he was, lying in their bed, still unconscious. Doctors had been to see him but to no avail. Each one said only time would tell. Draco was in a complete slumber, but inside, Draco knew everything that was going on. If only he could let Ginny know that he was all right.

The air was cold in the room. He could feel it and often wondered why they kept it so cold. He knew both of his children had been here, Lizzie and Adrian. He could vividly remember a recent conversation his children had, not aware he was able to hear it.

"Lizzie?" Adrian spoke timidly.

"Yes?" Lizzie answered. She knew her little brother was completely scared out of his little mind. She didn't have much respect for him and she considered him to be a bit like their mother. Granted, she loved her mother, but in the way she acted herself. She was an exact replica of her father.

"When will Daddy wake?"

She looked at him with bambi eyes and realized she wasn't the only one that was scared for the outcome of their father's well being. "Soon, Adrian, soon I hope."

"Lizzie?"

A little annoyed with his whiny voice, "what?"

"Do you think he will be back before the new baby is born?"

Lizzie knew her mother was in her seventh month already and sometimes wondered the exact thing. She knew her mother wasn't accustomed to not having her husband around. She hated when she would hear her mother crying at night when once again, Draco hadn't woken up yet. She prayed everyday for her father to wake soon.

"I don't know, Adrian, I don't know. I hope soon though."

It wasn't that Draco didn't know how far along his wife was with the pregnancy because he did know. Ginny would sometimes sneak in at night after Lizzie and Adrian were asleep and curl up to him, even though physically he couldn't respond to her. She would, of course, occasionally move his arms and let herself curl up under him to the point where he could feel the baby moving or kicking. He enjoyed this immensely but he wished he could respond more than anything in life just to see his wife happy again. He wanted to tell her how sorry he was for believing in the whole pureblood issue. He didn't completely understand her ways sometimes but he knew he loved her more than life and hearing her cries at night were painful enough. Before he had been knocked unconscious he had been reading up on being able to transport himself from his own mind to another person's mind. He had been trying for a few weeks now but this time, he was sure he could do it. He wanted to wait until the right moment though. He would wait until Ginny decided to curl up next to him again.

Soon enough, Ginny had done just that. She, like usual, had waited an hour after Lizzie and Adrian had gone to bed and then snuck to his room and curled up next to him. She still didn't know why he was unconscious but she just knew it had to do with one of her brothers. It just had to be the reason. Only a few would constantly check in on her, including Ron.

This was Draco's chance to speak to her. He didn't waste anytime trying at all. He went right for it.

"Ginny."

Ginny lifted her head at the sudden noise and wondered where it came from.

"Ginny look at me." Again, she wondered. "Please look at me, it's me your husband."

Ginny, stunned, looked directly into Draco's still face and wondered how in the world he was able to communicate with her.

"Just focus on my voice and only towards me and you will be able to talk to me as well."

Ginny looked into his face, kissed his forehead and spoke. "It's so good to hear your voice, babe. But please wake up for me, please wake up."

"That's the thing, my love, I can't wake up. You need to find your brother and get him to reverse the spell."

"What spell? Which brother?" Ginny asked beginning to panic. Did her brothers really not approve of him enough to do this to her?

"Percy."

Ginny was seething in anger.

Draco, who could feel her anger and quite honestly, was mostly afraid of her temper decided to brave it and face her.

"Sweetheart?"

"Yes my love?"

"I want to feel the baby. I have learned a new trick but I won't do it unless you're ok with it."

"What's that, love?"

"Will you let me join you in your body? Only for a moment though, I just want to feel the baby."

Not quite sure how this was going to go, Ginny agreed silently and squeezed Draco's hand as a clue. Draco had picked up this clue and focused hard and then transported himself into her body. She immediately felt warmth enter her body as he switched from his body to hers. She felt whole again, part of her soul was just completed. If it was possible to feel Draco's arms engulf her in a huge hug, it was definitely what she was feeling. The baby started to move and kick, they both laughed and smiled at this.

"I love you Ginny," he said as he hugged her again. "I love it when you sneak in here at night and cuddle up to me."

"You knew I was doing that?"

"Yes, I may have been unconscious but I can still hear and feel everything that goes on around me."

Ginny started to cry. "I really need you to wake up and come back. I need you."

Once again, she could feel the warmth of his arms around her as she sobbed quietly. This was the way she fell asleep, with him holding her.

-->