Unofficial Portkey Archive

In Fair Hogwarts by the_real_mrs_potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

In Fair Hogwarts

the_real_mrs_potter

Chapter 3

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Ginny said as she threw Hermione on the couch (literally). Hermione opened her mouth to speak but was silenced by Ginny interrupting her. "You weren't, let me tell you that. A Slytherin, Herms . . . a Slytherin! How could you just be tangled in the arms of a no good, dirty, rotten-"

"Ginny!" Hermione screamed, startling Ginny and temporarily stopping her rant. "I didn't know!"

"What do you mean you `didn't know'?! His mask was off by the time I caught the two of you! I'm pretty sure you would have broken apart for air by the way you two were basically sucking off each other's faces! How did you breathe?"

"I didn't know because his mask was on last time I checked."

Ginny furrowed her brow, "Oh I'm sure . . ."

"It's true, Gin!"

"And yet somehow I don't believe you. Curious . . ."

Hermione stood up in frustration. This was getting ridiculous. If Ginny didn't believe her, then she was just going to have to explain it herself. Great . . . just what I want to do . . . recap the most erotic yet embarrassing moment of my life. Just perfect. "Ginny . . . sit down."

"No." Ginny said, crossing her arms in front of her chest in defense.

Damnit, she's in her stubborn mode . . . what to do? Hermione pondered, Push her already . . . you know you want to. Her irrational side told her. If it'll get this done faster . . . then fine. Hermione spun Ginny around and shoved her onto the couch with a force she didn't know she had the power to muster. Ginny looked as surprised as she did, and she didn't make a move to get up.

"Now will you listen?"-Ginny nodded meekly as Hermione took a deep breath-"He was watching me . . . while I was dancing with Ron. I felt his eyes on me . . . when I turned around he was right there. I walked up to him and we went in the corner to talk. And then . . . I remember thinking that . . ."

"Thinking what?" Ginny asked, a little more calmness in her tone. No trace of the anger in her voice. Hermione took this as a chance to calm down.

She sat down next to Ginny on the couch and took a deep breath, "That I really, really wanted to kiss him. And I don't even know why. I just had this overwhelming feeling come over me. And that's never happened to me, ever. And then . . . mistletoe appeared above us. So . . . we kissed."

"It was a little more than a kiss, if you ask me." Came Ginny's humorous tone.

Hermione blushed. Oh it was much more than a kiss. "I guess we both got a bit carried away."

"A bit . . ."

Hermione smiled. But then frowned, realizing her point, "I didn't know who he was. His mask was on the whole time. I didn't even feel it come off when we were . . . you know . . ."

"Snogging each other's brains out?"

"Something like that." She said, "I know you will hate me forever for telling you this . . . but I liked it. A lot."

Ginny nodded, "I'm not happy about it. I mean, Slytherins and Gryffindors . . . this has been going on for thousands of years. And kissing a Slytherin . . . isn't going to go well with the others if they ever find out."

"I know. Which is why I want to put it all behind me, and just forget about it." No you don't. Her thoughts screamed at her, Yes you do . . . it's for the best. Her logical side explained. Who's benefit? Yours or the entire population of Gryffindor?

"That's a good idea. But just know that it's okay." Ginny placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it gently. Hermione smiled appreciatively and enveloped Ginny in a friendly hug. "Now," Ginny said as she patted Hermione's back, "let's head up to bed. I think we've more than deserved it after tonight's events" Hermione nodded against her and let go. They both turned towards the stairs and set off to their warm beds.

When Hermione pulled the covers over herself, she let her thoughts cloud her mind. She didn't want to forget that kiss. But she had too if she wanted to abide in the feud. But she didn't like the feud . . . not one bit. She was one of the few rebelling against it. She thought it was worthless and outdated. But she would be frowned upon if she did anything more to complicate the situation. And more . . . what did Harry think of the situation? He probably is laughing about it in his common room with Malfoy and the whole bunch.

No he isn't. She retorted. How would you know? You've only known him for a day! She argued. But he seemed-don't say it-normal.

You silly, silly girl. What have you gotten yourself into?

~*~

The next morning came too soon for Hermione. She felt the covers being thrown off of her and Ginny's frantic voice pulling her out of her dreamland. Hermione groaned and rolled back onto her side. She barely got a wink of sleep that night and wasn't in the mood to wake up just yet.

"Gimme five more minutes, mum." She whimpered.

"Number one, I'm not your mum." She heard Ginny tell her, "And number two: we have thirty minutes before the train leaves so I suggest you get you lazy bum out of bed!" to prove her point, Ginny smacked Hermione's bum, and caused Hermione's eyes to shoot open.

She gently placed her feet out of her warm, comforting bed and made her way to the washroom where she would get ready for her departure to the Weasley's, grumbling profanities to herself all along the way.

When she got out of her warm shower, she got dressed and put her hair into a messy ponytail. Grabbing her trunk from beside her bed, she made her way down to the common room where she saw Ginny and Ron waiting for her. Ginny, with an impatient frown, and Ron with a satisfied smirk.

Hermione groaned to herself, another whole two weeks with the reason she wanted to pull her hair out. It was enough exhaustion on her part to try and avoid him at school, but now being under his roof when he is rapidly becoming obsessed with her was going to be one hell of a time. At least Ginny will help her . . . she hoped. She was his sister after all; she must know some ways to get past his attempts of molestation.

"It's about bloody time!" Ginny said, "We haven't got all day, now let's go. We have ten minutes to get down there!"

Hermione quickly followed behind Ginny's frantic steps and felt a cold breath in her ear, "I could wait all day and night for you." Ron nibbled her ear and playfully squeezed her bum. Hermione let out an aggravated groan and swung her elbow backwards, colliding with his stomach. She heard him take in a painful breath and fall back from her a fair few feet. Mission completed. Now all she had to do was prepare herself for his next attack. Oh joy.

They handed their bags to the prefect in charge when they reached the station and climbed onto the red engine just as its wheels began to turn and make its way to King's Cross. "Thank Merlin." Ginny said, "Another close call."

Hermione followed Ginny through the thin hallways and helped her search for an empty compartment, which wasn't very easy. Apparently a lot of students were going home for the holidays this year. They finally found one and settled down on the soft cushions.

The first two hours of the trip were uneventful by any means. All that really happened was the climax in her book and Ron trying to sneak glances at her. Just as she felt Ron's arm going around her shoulder, the door to their compartment opened.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" came the sweet voice from the elderly women pushing the candy cart.

Hermione didn't realize how hungry she was until she heard her stomach rumble at the sound of food. Even if it was candy. Hermione got up from her seat and made her way to the door to look at the selection, leaving her book open on her seat. "Pick me up a treacle tart, will ya Herms?" she heard Ron say. "Oh, me too, except a cauldron cake please." Came Ginny's voice.

Hermione turned her head and nodded. She looked over the cart and ordered for the three of them, taking her time to find exactly what she wanted. A licorice wand sounded nice . . . or maybe a chocolate frog. She just couldn't decide.

"One sugar quill, please." She heard a masculine voice say from beside her. She looked up and gasped. It was him.

He must have realized her presence as well, because she soon found herself staring into the most gorgeous pair of emerald green eyes she had ever seen. They just stood there, staring at each other, much like the night before. But this time . . . neither had anything to say to the other. Hermione wanted to, but just as she opened her mouth she heard Ron beside her.

"Hey sweetie, what's taking you so long?" he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and squeezed gently. He didn't feel her respond, so he looked up to what had her attention. A Slytherin. Not just any Slytherin, but Harry Potter himself. And she and he seemed to be in some sort of staring contest with one another. No one deserved to stare at Hermione except for him. Especially a Slytherin like Potter.

"Hey get outta here, you scum!" Ron said.

Hermione looked up to the disturbance and saw Ron for the first time beside her. His hand was draped around her shoulder and she looked up at him with a scowl on her face. How dare he interrupt their moment!

Wait . . . moment?! What moment?

Hermione looked to where Harry stood just in time to see him with a scowl on his face much like hers and turning to leave. She didn't dare make any movements to stop him. Especially in front of Ron.

"He didn't give you any trouble, did he?" Ron asked.

"No. None at all." She replied.

"Good, now hurry it up, we're starving." He kissed her cheek and went back inside of the compartment. She made no move to stop him and slap his cheek like she normally would. She was in a stupor. How likely was it to run into the very boy that caused you to have a sleepless night? Not very, in her opinion. Perhaps fate was playing games with her . . . curse it. Suffering wasn't on her agenda this holiday. Except for Ron, of course, but she could take care of that little problem.

"Anything sweet for you, dear?" she heard the woman ask. She hadn't placed her order yet, she had been totally distracted by what was going on to even pay a care to her poor stomach.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She apologized, "I'll have what he's having." Her reply surprised herself. It was almost automatically generated. The woman just smiled and handed her a sugar quill before setting back off down the hall.

Hermione took a lick of the quill and realized that it was exactly what she had been craving. Her stomach immediately stopped complaining and was settled. Hermione furrowed her brow as she sat down in the compartment next to Ginny. Another automatic response. It seemed her body was turning to mush and required robotic responses to function. Hermione didn't know whether this was a good or bad thing just yet.

She sighed. This was going to be a very interesting holiday.

A/N: I would like to apologize in advance for any typos in this story. I do have a hard time finding them, so if you see any, please don't hesitate to point them out to me. It would be much appreciated, thank you : ) Oh, and I hope you're enjoying the story!

-->