Unofficial Portkey Archive

Affair Of The Heart by pottersmissus
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Affair Of The Heart

pottersmissus

"When you're in love with a married man you shouldn't wear mascara"

Fran Kubelik, The Apartment

Most people think I have a perfect life, and I guess in lots of ways I do. A job that I love, a great flat, lots of friends and a wonderful family.

People say I'm pretty too, but I don't know about that. Looks aren't that important to me, but for some reason other people think they are. I guess I'm okay looking, not beautiful or sexy like some of my friends…but okay.

I prefer people to think I'm smart...which is not that hard considering I graduated top of my class from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Smart enough to get a job at the Department of Mysteries and become successful and respected in the wizarding world.

The only problem is I'm also a masochist. Harry, my boyfriend, who I love more than life itself, says that I'm not, he says that I'm a romantic and that they're two completely different things.

I disagree. Why?

Because Harry has a wife and that's not me. I'm in love with a married man.

And I stopped wearing mascara a long time ago.

-->