Unofficial Portkey Archive

Facades by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Facades

usako99

Façades

Admission

~ Luna ~

I looked up with a start as a loud pound sounded at the front door. Giving a frown, I wondered silently if the Habberbottom was up to mischief again, however when the pound sounded once more I knew that that couldn't be it. The Habberbottom never pounded the same place twice. Standing, I quickly made my way to the door and looked though the peephole, seeing ginger hair I pulled back and opened up.

"Ronald?" I questioned worriedly.

The ginger haired man looked at me for a moment like he was surprised I was there before frowning. "Hey… I-is Neville around?"

I shook my head, "He said he had to work late…er, did you want to come in?"

I made a motion with my hand and stepped back to allow him entry if he wanted. He hesitated briefly for a moment before giving a jerky nod and brushing past me. I continued to watch him concerned as he paced back and forth in the living room for a minute or two before sitting lightly on the arm of the couch.

"Ronald?" I quizzed; his unfocused gaze focused on me. "Is… is everything alright?"

He gave a small scornful laugh and I took a deep breath. Closing the door softly and locking it, I proceeded towards the older man.

"What happened?"

He shook his head lightly. "Neville's at work, you say?" he scoffed, "I was going to go to Harry but he has late shift -and just the thought of going to Malfoy makes me shudder," he rambled with a grimace.

I nodded, "Well… you do know that you can talk to me, yeah? I mean, I'm here for you too…"

He looked up at me once more his brows furrowing, "I know, I wasn't implying-"

"I understand Ronald," I interrupted softly lightly touching his arm. "I was just saying it aloud, I figured you may need to hear it right now."

He stared at me for a moment longer and a subtle smile pulled at the right corner of his mouth, "Thank you."

I ruffled his hair and leaned against the wall opposite him, "So what happened?"

His eyes left my face and he turned his head focusing on some distant point on the wall. "She lied to me…"

"Who?" I frowned.

"Who do you think?" he replied with a scowl. "Hermione."

I bit my lip and tilted my head slightly, "I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean…"

He scoffed, "She LIED Luna," he exclaimed standing, "she's a fucking liar!"

"Alright… but, what did she lie about?" I ventured, holding up my hands and making a `calm down' gesture.

He ran an agitated hand though his hair and looked around for a second before looking back at me. "The baby," he replied in a shaky, heartbroken tone.

"What do you mean? She's not pregnant… I could have sworn she was, the Lillyhone told me-"

"No damn it! Not about being pregnant -about the father! She lied about the father…" he trailed off his face falling along with my heart at the sight.

"You're not the father…" I breathed in shock.

He sniffled and dropped his head. "No," he whispered.

"Then who?…"

He scoffed and shook his head once more. "I don't know, I didn't ask, I just couldn't stand to look at her… not anymore."

I frowned and chewed on my lower lip. "Well… I'm sure that it'll be alright Ronald. Like you told me, your time to have a child will come."

He gave a loud bark of sardonic laughter and I recoiled a bit from the sound. "My time will come," he muttered with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "That's bloody rich."

My brows furrowed. "I just meant that maybe Hermione-"

"Maybe Hermione what? Is a whore? Is a no good slut who hops in the bed of every Draco, Neville and Harry that she comes across?"

I glared, "That is not fair Ronald."

"What the fuck do you mean it's not fair? I don't know what or who she's been up to," he scowled.

I glowered, "You jerk, don't you think you're you being more than a tad bit hypocritical?"

His gaze snapped to me. "What the hell does that mean?"

"What the hell does that mean?" I frowned, "What the hell does it mean? Are you serious?" I whispered aghast. Taking a few steps forward I cupped his face "Have you forgotten me that quickly Ronald -have you forgotten us that quickly?"

Ron's eyes widened and he grabbed my wrists. "Oh, no. No sweetheart, I haven't, I," he came forward touching his lips to mine in a soft kiss. "I didn't mean to imply that we don't mean, or that you don't mean anything. Of course you do."

"Then why are you calling Hermione all these names Ronald, I don't understand?" I gave him a confused look. "It's not like she hasn't been doing anything that you haven't -that I haven't. So in essence, if she's a whore for sleeping with someone other than her husband than I am the same."

His head fell back for a moment before he looked at me once more. "That's not what I meant Luna."

"Then what did you mean?"

"I- I just, I mean it's different with us. We're in a relationship. We've been together for years, where as her and this blighter she's been with-"

"What?" I insisted, "What about them? Ronald you don't even know who he is. How do you know that they haven't been together a while also? -How do you know that it isn't the same type of relationship that we have? How do you know that-"

"I don't!" he yelled abruptly standing and walking away from the couch. He paced back and forth for a few moments running his hands through his hair and rubbing his face, while I watched worriedly from the location he had just vacated.

"Ronald," I tried again after a minute; he paused and looked over at me. "What's wrong? … Really…"

He sighed and looked down for a moment before looking back up at me. "The baby…"

I gave a subtle smile. "I know that it must have been hard for you to learn about, but just like you told me. It'll happen when the Lillyhorne knows that you're ready-"

"That's just it, Luna! It won't happen, at all," he released a ragged breath and held me captive with a tortured gaze. "I can't, that's how I found out. Because I can't."

"You can't what?" I quizzed, cocking my head to the side and blinking in confusion.

"Have children," he whispered.

"What do you mean you can't have children?"

"What I said," he sighed leaning heavily against the wall. "I saw the team healer today, he got back some test results that showed that I can't have children."

"At all?" I asked quietly.

"At all," he replied with a sad smile. Sniffling he shook his head. "I guess that was why I was so mad at Hermione. I just, I was hoping that he was wrong, that he had made a mistake. If she had been faithful then… well then I…"

I quickly approached him and wrapped my arms around him and we held one another closely for several minutes. As he nuzzled my hair I closed my eyes and wished on a Rosefairy that the healer was wrong. There was no one I knew that deserved to be a father more than the man in my arms.

"Don't worry Ronald," I said after a few minutes, pulling back and looking up at him. "I'm sure that he healer was wrong."

"And if he wasn't," he frowned back.

I sighed and thought about it for a second before offering him a bright smile. "Then there are a lot of young witches and wizards out there without homes growing up in orphanages or in horrible families. They could really use a father like you and a family like yours to show them how wonderful life can truly be." I caressed his face. "Don't give up Plumperdink, you'll have a family one day just as large if not larger than your own."

He studied me for a moment, before gently grabbing my wrist and turning it so that he could kiss the inside of it. "Do you really think that they would want me for a father?"

I laughed lightly, "Oh no Ronald, no kid wants a famous professional Quidditch player for a dad." I snorted before getting on my toes and lightly kissing his upturned lips. "You'll be a great dad Ronald and the only limit you have on the number of children you'll have is you."

He released a long sigh and gave me a small smile. "Thanks sweetheart, I knew that you were the one person that would be able to make me feel better."

I gave him a look of mock reproach. "And yet you were going to go to Harry first…"

He chuckled. "Yeah well I was worried that Neville would be here and I wouldn't have been able to handle watching him touch you. Even though he is the bloke you're married to," he finished in a grumble.

I nodded, "Yes he is."

Ron rolled his eyes before kissing me again, "I'm sorry sweetheart."

"For what?" I frowned.

He caressed my cheek, "I had hoped that I would have been able to help you out if Neville continued to refuse to give you children."

I giggled, "That's sweet Plumperdink but don't you think Hermione would have noticed if my first born would have come out with ginger hair?"

He grinned. "True… but we could have always blamed it on Ginny. -Oh! Or on the Firetroll."

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck "I love you Ronald Weasley."

"I love you too Luna… Lovegood."

I giggled, "Don't you mean, Longbottom?"

He pretended to ponder it for a moment before shaking his head. "Nope, not at all."

"Ronald," I started but was cut off as his lips came down on mine. Giving a contented sigh I held him closely and relished in the feeling of kissing the man that I truly loved.

*************

~ Ginny ~

I frowned and lightly rubbed the back of the witch next to me. Hermione had arrived about twenty minutes ago in an emotional frenzy, tears streaming from her face and her mouth forming words that I couldn't understand for at least the first ten minutes she was here. I finally just wrapped an arm around her and showed her to the kitchen where I was able to get her to calm down enough to coherently tell me what had happened.

To say I was shocked would have been understatement, I had stared at her unblinkingly for at least thirty or forty seconds trying to grasp what she had just told me. My brother's baby was not my brothers baby… my niece or nephew was not my niece or nephew. My first inclination had been to haul her arse up and throw her out of my house. I mean honestly, how dare she do that to my brother and then come to me for support? However when she put her head down on the table and sobbed, her hand going to her rounded belly I was hit with the startling realization that it could have been me. I could be in the exact same position if Harry had received those results instead of Ron.

Sighing, I made slow soothing circles on her back with my left hand and rubbed her arm with my right.

"It'll be alright Hermione you'll see," I murmured for like the hundredth time.

When the dark haired woman sniffled and sobbed an incoherent reply I sighed and rubbed her back once more. Frowning to myself I looked over at the far wall and allowed my mind to wander a bit. I didn't know what else to say to her, I sympathized with her, hell I empathized with her, but I couldn't tell her why without giving my own secrets away. I exhaled softly as my own worries once again surfaced. `What if Draco was right? What if the baby was his?… Would I be going through this in a couple of months? Would he claim the baby if it were his? Tell his wife about us?…

"Gin?" Harry quizzed entering the kitchen.

My head snapped up and my gaze locked on my husband who was watching Hermione and I with an extremely worried expression.

"Hey," I replied.

"What happened?" he asked proceeding the rest of the way into the area.

Before I could respond, Hermione lifted her head "Oh Harry!" she exclaimed pushing up from the table and careening into my husband.

Harry easily caught her and held her close, his worried gaze flicking to me. "What happened?" he inquired once more.

Hermione cried harder and I shrugged, "I think it's more her place to tell you than mine. I'll… I'll leave you two to talk." I stood from the table and slipped past them. "I'm having an insane craving fit right now and don't think I'll be of much use to anyone…"

Harry nodded and squeezed Hermione tighter as she cried a bit harder. Giving him a small smile that probably looked more like a grimace I headed to the hall closet and grabbed my cloak.

"Do you guys need anything?" I asked sticking my head back into the kitchen.

Harry's head shot up from where it had been tilted towards Hermione, I assume trying to understand her muffled words. "I… I honestly don't know… so I'll say no."

I nodded, "Okay, well I'll be back a bit later. I'm going to take care of my craving and possibly drop in on the family to see how things are going, I'll… I'll be back."

He nodded as did I, then I threw my cloak over my shoulders and disapparated.

---------------------

I arrived a moment later in a cream colored room. Unhooking my cloak I tossed in lightly over the back of a chair and proceeded past the lavish sitting area and through the double doors that lead to the main suite.

He was sitting on the bed, waiting for me as I knew he would be. Draco looked up when I entered and cocked a blond brow, his gaze flicking to the clock. "You're late." He commented dryly, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees.

"Trust me I had a good reason," I replied, releasing my hair from its ponytail and shaking it out.

His sterling eyes darkened appreciatively as he scanned over my form and I gave him a small smile. He may be a prat at times but Draco was the one person that always made me feel beautiful just by looking at me. Running my fingers through my hair a few more times, I approached him. As I got nearer he leaned back on the bed, bracing himself on his palms. His ash blond hair fell into beautiful eyes that now looked more silver than gray thanks to the play of the dim candles in the room and the dark forest green of his dress shirt. I realized as I neared him that it was more the lights than anything that seemed to make his eyes sparkle as they watched me and I gave in internal shiver at the emotion in their depths.

Finally reaching him I ran my fingers lightly though his feathery locks and his eyes flittered closed under my touch before opening once more and fixing on my face.

"So what's this good reason?" he inquired, reaching forward and resting his hands gently against my waist.

"Ugh," I groaned, "Am I huge, or am I huge?"

He gave a subtle smile and looked up at me though white bangs. "You're beautiful," he replied, lightly kissing my stomach. "You're also changing the subject. What's the good reason?"

I gave a small sigh and buried my fingers in his hair playing distractedly with the soft strands as I relayed what had happened with Hermione just a half hour or so earlier. When I was done the blond man stared at me for a moment before shaking his head and chuckling.

"It's not funny Draco," I frowned hitting his shoulder.

"Come on Red, even you have to admit it is. I mean, goody-goody Granger having it off with another bloke," he laughed again "that's fucking hilarious."

I hit him harder "Is not, that could just as easily have been me you know."

He grinned up at me. "Did you want me to schedule Potter an appointment with a fertility specialist?"

I glowered. "Draco, this is no time for jokes."

Noticing the look on my face he attempted to school his features into a more appropriately serious expression. However just pressing his lips together could not hide his amusement, so instead of looking sincere he looked like he had just taken a bite of a lemon. I crossed my arms and settled him with a hard frown.

"What Red?' he shrugged, "I'm dong my best," he looked down at my stomach. "Help your old man out and tell mummy that I'm doing my best will you?"

When the baby kicked in response I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my lips.

"See?" Draco said looking up at me, "He understands, don't you son?"

I rolled my eyes, "He may very well be a she."

Draco arched a brow at me before looking back down at my belly, "You should have all your working parts by now, yeah? What are you, my little boy or my little girl?"

I chuckled when the baby kicked once more, "I swear you're impossible. We don't even know that the baby is yours Blondie."

He snorted. "Of course it is Red, in fact that's the one thing I'm sure of."

I frowned. "Well if that's true then what are we going to do?"

He looked up. "What do you mean?"

"I mean what are we going to do if the baby comes out to be yours?"

He shrugged "When the baby comes out to be mine, then you can leave Potter, like you should have done years ago," he added in a mutter, "and runaway with me."

I exhaled nosily. "Like it's really that simple."

"It is," he stated looking up at me, then back down at my stomach, "isn't it?"

The baby kicked and I shook my head in wonder. "I swear it doesn't respond to anyone like it responds to you."

"Of course not," Draco smirked, "not only does the kid have taste it knows it's father when it hears him. Don't you?"

The baby kicked and I laughed, "I can't believe…"

"You can't believe what?" Draco inquired not looking up from my stomach where he was making lazy circles with his fingers.

I chewed lightly on my lip before answering, "I can't believe that Pansy thought you'd make a bad father."

Draco's gaze shot to my face and he frowned. "She said that?"

I winced at the look and silently called myself a bitch for ever having mentioned it. "Well… yeah, the day we found out that Hermione was pregnant. Hermione joked that you two would be next and she said that she hoped not because you wouldn't make a good father."

He stared at me a moment longer before returning his gaze to my stomach. Both of his hands came up and he lightly held my waist while rubbing back and forth against the sides of my stomach with his thumbs. After a few minutes he spoke once more.

"And what did you say?" he whispered.

I ran my fingers though his hair and smiled to myself "I don't recall my exact words but I believe that I called her a cow, said something about you not realizing what you got when you married her and that I thought you'd be a wonderful father."

He looked back up at me his eyes alight with amusement, "You called her a cow?"

"I wanted to call her worse, the bitch," I glared. "How could she not realize what she has in you? I mean, you're a great guy you'll be a great dad, you're nothing like that tosser who raised you, not anymore."

He chuckled, "Calm down Red, you don't have to defend me to me."

I blushed. "Sorry… I just… well it pissed me off, is all."

Draco nodded and ran his fingers over my stomach. "Thank you Red," he whispered after a moment.

I pulled his hair so that his head tipped back and leaned forward kissing him deeply. "You don't have to thank me Blondie, I'll always defend you."

"Always?" he murmured against my lips.

I shifted so that I was straddling him, "Mmm-hum."

He, somehow despite my huge size, wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me even closer. I giggled when he nuzzled my neck and gave a low moan when he flicked his tongue over the spot just under my ear.

"Is it still safe?" he inquired softly, while nibbling my ear.

"Yeah… for as long as it's not uncomfortable," I replied with a happy sigh.

"Is it?"

"Um-um," I muttered with a lazy shake of the head.

"You don't have to get back do you?"

"Nah, Hermione was still there when I left," I breathed grinding against him, "so Harry probably hasn't even noticed how long I've been gone yet."

"Why do you say that?" he muttered, nipping at my collar bone.

I giggled. "Because he never does."

Draco pulled back and gave me a curious look. "You don' think that Potter? …"

I frowned and we stared at one another for a moment before I rolled my eyes and pushed him backwards on the bed, "Not bloody likely."

He chuckled, "I suppose you're right, but it would be funny…"

Deciding to ignore his last comment, I instead centered in on his neck and began gently suckling his adam's apple. When he moaned I moved my mouth to his collar bone, focusing on kissing and tonguing his sensitive skin while my hands nimbly went to work on the buttons of his shirt. After the garment was undone I sat up and ran my hand over his sculptured chest and abs, biting my lip I gave him an appreciative smile.

"Nice," I purred with a wink; Draco chuckled.

He sat forward and quickly slipped my dress over my head, once he was done he leaned back on his left elbow and gently cupped one of my swollen breasts with his right hand. "Nice," he smirked in a low husky tone.

I grinned and sat up a bit on my knees, reaching down between out bodies I swiftly unbuttoned and unzipped his pants. Then slipping a hand in, I freed him from the item before shifting my panties to the side and impaling myself on his length. Draco moaned and his eyes closed as his head fell back.

"A little impatient are we Red?" he groaned as I rode him steadily.

"Perhaps," I conceded, "but mostly extremely randy."

He gave a strained laugh before lying back completely on the bed and placing his hands on my hips. I leaned frontward with my hands on his chest and my head falling forward causing my hair to fall into my face. A moan escaped from between my lips as he held me down on him and lifted his hips, driving into me from his location under me. He wasn't gentle as his hands gripped my sensitive flesh, his fingers digging into my waist and his right hand coming up to roughly squeeze my full breasts.

I cried out when he sat up and began to suck, his mouth latching onto my nipples and one of his hands holding the base of my back. His other hand was on the bed, providing him the proper leverage as he lifted his hips and slammed into me with long strong strokes. I gripped his head holding him to my chest, enjoying the feel of his mouth on me and I let out a strangled squeak as he suddenly changed our positions.

Before I knew it I found myself on all fours, the fluffy duvet of the bed just under my chin as Draco ripped off my panties then gripped my waist and slammed into me from behind. I let out a low keening moan when he quickened his pace that turned into several as he began to go harder. When his hand came up and pushed roughly at the area between my shoulder blades I obediently went down allowing my chest to rest fully against the soft bedspread. Normally I would put up a bit of resistance but it just felt so bloody good that I couldn't. When he leaned over me I reached back and caught him at the base of his neck, holding him still as he lightly bit my shoulder. Damn it! He knew just how I liked it! Merlin there was no one who could please me like he could!

"Yessss, yessss," I hissed pushing back and matching my hip movements with his strokes. "Oh! Merlin yes!!! Dracoooo!"

Suddenly he yanked at my hair, when my head pulled back he caught my lips in a heated kiss and I was powerless to stop the shudder that quaked my body as the orgasm wracked through me. Through the haze of pleasure in my mind, I felt him pulsating within me and I smiled as I knew that he too had found his release.

We froze for several long moments before Draco exhaled and gave a low chuckle, "You were pretty tame tonight Red, what gives?" he asked as he separated out bodies and gently turned me over.

I shrugged, "I liked what you were doing well enough that I could be."

"You always like what I do," he smirked, heading to the restroom, he returned a few moments later with a wet towel.

"Yes well, though that might be true, sometimes I only like it because I helped," I smirked.

He arched a brow then rolled his eyes "I'm sure," he muttered sarcastically, cleaning me gently with the towel before motioning for me to get under the covers.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm hot."

"Maybe, but you'll be cold in a minute," he shrugged, returning to the loo.

"Will not," I grumbled, frowning when I began to feel goosebumps rise on my arms.

Draco returned a moment later and smirked at me, "You, under the covers. Now."

I pulled a face before scurrying under the warm fluffy duvet. A moment later Draco slipped in next to me and pulled me close, I rested my head on his chest, running my fingers lightly along his right peck.

"What time do you have to get back?" he inquired after a minute.

I shrugged. "What time do you have to get back?"

He shook his head, "I don't, I told Pansy I picked up an extra shift."

I sat up and looked at him, "Really? So you mean I can have you to myself all night?"

He chuckled. "If you want I suppose, though I think Potter would notice if you don't come home tonight."

I shrugged. "Maybe. I'll just tell him that I fell asleep at my mum's."

"And what if he talks to your mum?"

"He won't." I sighed, lying my head on his chest once more and listening to his steady heartbeat. "I'll tell him that the baby had me knackered and I'm a bit embarrassed about it or something… it'll be fine. I'll just have to leave really early so he doesn't come looking for me."

He nodded, "Or… you can go to your mum's house and say hello. Tell her about Ron and Hermione, floo Harry from there and then return here to spend the night."

I giggled, "You are so devious."

"I'm not devious Red, I'm thorough." Draco shrugged. "That way should he realize that his pregnant wife is missing in the middle of the night he will know, at least in his mind, that she's with her mum and dad."

I nodded. "You're right, besides someone should tell mum and dad that Hermione and Ron had a row."

"Are you going to tell them what about?"

I pulled a face, "Hell no! That's not my battle to fight, besides then they'd never let me leave or mum'll insist upon going to my flat to speak with Hermione and my whole plan will be ruined." I gazed at him thoughtfully. "I wonder if I can sneak in and then out without my parents being any the wiser."

Draco chewed on his bottom lip contemplating what I said before giving a crooked smile. My heart sped up at the sight. I love that smile.

"Maybe you don't have to… I'm sure that I can perform an illusion charm."

"An illusion charm?"

"Yeah," he replied lightly stroking my bare back with is left hand. "I can perform it in the sitting room, it will make the hotel room looking like the living room at the Burrow."

My mouth opened then closed, "That's ingenious! Good God man, but you are thorough aren't you? In fact you're down right methodical."

He winked at me as his right hand lightly caressed my belly, "When do you find out?"

I blinked, thrown off by the sudden change in subject, "Find out what?"

"The sex?"

I shrugged. "Well I could have magically found out already actually, I just wanted it to be a surprise."

He smirked. "Isn't the lineage enough of a surprise Red? How many do you need?"

"Har-har, Blondie," I muttered poking him in the chest. "What do you say we do this charm and floo Harry?"

He gave a childish sigh, "Do I have to?"

"Yes. If you want me to stay here tonight… you do want me to stay, don't you?"

"Of course I do, never doubt it."

"Good!" I exclaimed hopping from under the covers and heading for the door. "Let's get it done."

Draco arched a brow, "Uh… Red?"

"What Blondie?" I frowned turning back towards him from my spot in the doorway.

"Don't you think you're forgetting something? … Or do you think Potter would find it normal for his wife to floo him starkers from her mum and dads?" he smirked crookedly at me and rose both brows. "Not that I would object," he finished with a wink.

I glowered at him and stomped forward snatching my dress up off the floor "Oh shut up you and come on," I replied.

When he grinned I stuck my tongue out at him in a very mature manner and stormed out of the room, my dress still in my hands and my ears burning as they tried to block out his obnoxious laughter.

A.N. That's it for this chappy! Who thought Ron was the innocent one, raise your hands AND remember I've read your reviews *lol* Good stuff, that doubt that was cast. Is it not. So on with the story, hope you still like it so far. Review and let me know!

-->