Unofficial Portkey Archive

One Night Long by Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

One Night Long

Heaven

Big thanks again to everyone who took the time to review. Your comments are ALL appreciated!

Thanks again to research_dome for the brit picking!

Chapter 6

Harry led Hermione up to the desk, where a bored looking receptionist was leaning as she read a book. "Hi, we'd like to get a room for the night," Harry cleared his throat.

"Fill this out please," she gave them a card. "Will you be using pounds or a credit card?"

"Uh, pounds," he said after sharing a quick look with Hermione. She began digging through her bag for some money as Harry filled out the card.

"150 GBP please," the receptionist said. Hermione nodded and scrambled for her wallet, finding about ninety in it. Harry filled in the rest and the receptionist gave them a room key. "Up those stairs one level and it's the fourth door on your right."

"Thank you," Harry said, grabbing Hermione's hand. She laughed quietly as they went up the stairs and to the right. "Hey look," Harry said, tapping the door."

"What?" Hermione's eyes travelled to the number. "Oooh… 204 just like earlier!" she grinned and he kissed her quickly.

Harry opened the door and turned on the light. It was a nice room, with two queen size beds (Harry knew they'd only be using one of them) a television, and nice sized bathroom to the side.

"Nice," Hermione said, peeking around him. She moved past and dropped her bag on the dresser, taking a full look around at the room. Her eyes moved down to Harry, who was still standing by the door having locked it, and she smiled. "Does this seem sort of awkward now?" she asked after looking at him for several long minutes in silence.

"A little, I guess," Harry answered, tossing the key next to her bag. He reached out to Hermione and wrapped his arms around her, pressing his face into her hair. "Do you still want to…?"

"Yes," Hermione answered. She brought her lips up and brushed them across his, letting her fingers slide through his hair. Harry pulled up against him as tightly as he could, thrusting his tongue into her mouth while running his hands down her back. While making his way back up, he brought her jumper with him, pulling it over her head and dropping it to the floor.

Hermione's hair fell back over her shoulders as he pressed his mouth to hers again, stroking her warm skin. She felt her hands travel up under his jumper in the same fashion as he had done, feeling beneath her fingers for the first time his abs, which were rock hard to touch and smooth as silk.

Harry half picked her up and moved them both towards the bed, falling back on it so Hermione was on top of him. She pulled her mouth away and tugged up on his shirt and jumper, pulling them off over his head. He brought his lips back to hers and rolled over, running his palms over her skin and touching the lacy bra covering her breasts.

His mouth left hers and pressed against her throat, his tongue jetting out to flick over her skin. Hermione let out a soft cry and Harry felt himself stiffen. His fingers moved the lace away from her breast and Hermione's body bucked up as his thumb touched her nipple.

"Harry…" she breathed, barely able to speak. Such thrilling sensations were literally wracking through her that she thought Harry could feel them as well. He pushed away the material of her bra and his lips grazed her bare breast, his tongue teasing.

He moved his other hand down between her legs, stroking her through her jeans. Her bra somehow unsnapped and they both feverishly pulled at it, throwing it to the floor with their jumpers.

Hermione pulled Harry down on top of her, crushing her mouth to his while winding her hand around the back of his neck. Their kissing grew more and more frantic and Harry nearly shouted in frustration when she suddenly pulled away.

"Harry we can't do this!" she gasped, scrambling to the other bed.

"Why not?" Harry asked, catching his breath. Her hair, free from the clips, had fallen into her eyes and over her bare chest.

"We have no protection," Hermione replied, the taste of Harry still clinging to her lips. "Neither of us has our wands on us either so I can't cast a spell on myself."

Harry sat up on the bed, facing her as he ran his hands through his hair. "You're right," he sighed, trying to control a certain part of his anatomy that was still very excited. Hermione got off the other bed and sat next to him.

"Sorry, I just got a little scared," she murmured. "I was ready to just go and do it when the thought jumped into my head."

"It's all right," Harry replied, bringing up her jumper from the floor. Hermione slipped it on wordlessly, disappointed that it seemed their night was somewhat ruined now. He put his own jumper on and pulled her against him, his arm staying around her waist. "Are you all right?" he asked after she let her head drop onto his shoulder.

"Yes," she answered. "I just feel bad for stopping like that."

"Well…" Harry was thinking. "I could go downstairs and see if the receptionist knows if there is an all night chemist nearby," Hermione's eyes brightened.

"That's a good idea," she replied.

"All right," Harry said, growing excited again. "You… you stay here, and I'll be back as fast as I can."

Hermione grinned as she leaned over to peck him on the lips. "Hurry," she said as Harry gave her a lopsided smile, pulling his shoes back on. After another kiss he left the room and Hermione flopped back on the bed.

'What on earth had come over her?' she wondered, still with a silly grin on her face. Hermione knew she would never normally behave so rashly, especially sleeping with a man she'd known for less than one day.

"I don't care," she murmured aloud. She was being truthful to herself. Hermione honestly did not care. Within the span of an afternoon and night, she had fallen in love with an absolutely amazing guy.

She just wasn't sure if he felt the same way.

Harry walked as fast as he could down the street. The receptionist had looked up long enough from her book to tell him about an all night market two blocks away and Harry had immediately dashed out the door.

The bright lights of the large shopping area made him squint; he was used to the night time and the soft lights of the hotel and cafés they had spent their evening in so far. Striding down the aisles, he found what he was looking for and a few other things.

A grin crossed his face as he thought about Hermione waiting for him back at the hotel. Harry had no idea what fate had struck him with such luck to be in her company that night. He paid for his things and left the store, heading back as quickly as he had left.

"Hermione?" he called put softly, letting himself back into the room. Harry locked the door again and kicked his shoes off in the little hallway. "Hermione?" he stopped short.

She was sitting on the bed, wearing what looked like nothing but a white hotel robe. Harry watched as Hermione got up and perched herself on the edge of the bed.

"That was quick," she said as he deposited his bag on the dresser and sat down next to her.

"I went as fast as I could," he replied. The robe slid off her leg and her flesh was exposed; Harry gulped at the sight of her skin. Hermione snatched the robe back over her thigh.

"Harry… I did a little thinking while you were gone," she began. "Before we go and do this… I just wanted you to know something."

"What?" Harry asked.

"I haven't ever had sex before," she answered, her face slightly red.

"You haven't?" he replied in a shocked tone. He was no expert on sex; he'd only done it once in his lifetime before this but…

"It's just… I've never been very close with anyone to even want to have sex with them, until tonight," Hermione suddenly felt a little shy.

"I don't want you to feel pressured," Harry lifted a hand to stroke her hair comfortingly.

"I don't!" Hermione replied. "I want to Harry I really and truly do."

"Well," Harry said. "I'm glad I thought of buying this." He went over to the dresser and pulled a bottle and some plastic cups. "I wanted glasses but the store didn't have any," he handed her one as she got up from the bed; he poured the Merlot into the cups.

Hermione smiled, feeling her nervousness at her confession ebb away. "What are we drinking to?" she asked as Harry set the bottle down.

"Us," he answered, brushing his cup against hers. "I want to make this special for you Hermione."

She felt her eyes tear up slightly as they both drank the wine. Hermione tossed hers back fast, hoping it would edge away more of her tension. Harry refilled their glasses and then took the bottle to the nightstand between the beds.

"Come here," he said, beckoning to her. Hermione smiled again and felt herself move towards him, not even knowing how she got across the room and into his arms. "You know, you seem to have saved me a lot of work by just wearing this robe," he said, grinning down at her.

"Appearances aren't always what they seem," Hermione answered, pulling down one shoulder to reveal she still had her undergarments on. His grin widened as he took her cup and set it down, curving his other arm around her waist.

"Look," he said softly. "I've only done this once before… if there's something that makes you uncomfortable, tell me."

"Okay," she said as their lips met. They fell onto the bed, kisses becoming more demanding as hands began to roam over each other's bodies.

Harry pushed the robe away from her shoulders, pressing his mouth to the skin he was exposing. Hermione's head fell back against the pillow as his lips moved up over her neck. Harry untied the robe, pulling it off her arms and tossing it to the floor. He tore his jumper off as well and was soon down to his boxers.

"Wait," Harry panted as he reached down to the floor for his jeans. He extracted a single condom from his pocket and ripped the package open. "The whole reason why we stopped in the first place."

"Thanks," she murmured, turning her head as Harry reached in his boxers to put it on. Hermione didn't feel like she should be looking at him until they were both undressed completely.

"All right," Harry said a minute later. He rolled her up on top of him, running his hands up and down her back. "Now, where were we? Right about… here?" he asked, unsnapping her bra.

"I think so," Hermione replied, helping him pull it away from her body. She kissed him again, thrusting her tongue through his lips while moving herself up and down on top of him.

It was making him extremely hard as she kept rubbing over his now protected manhood. Harry growled and wound his arms around her, forcing her to stop as he flipped over on top.

"Bloody… tease…" he managed to say between kisses.

"I'd only be a tease… if I decided not to go through with this," Hermione replied.

"Good point," Harry said, brushing his mouth lightly over hers. "All right, then you're just a temptress."

Hermione let out a nervous giggle. "You're the first person to describe me as a temptress."

"I'm also the first person who has gotten to see you out of clothes," Harry said, his fingers softly stroking her breast.

"Good point," Hermione echoed breathily as he grinned and began to kiss her throat. Harry made his way down between her breasts, his thumbs moving over her very erect nipples.

"No more talking," he broke away to say. Hermione nodded as Harry covered her mouth, thrusting his tongue in and out as he readied her for what was to come.

Hermione brought her hands up and touched his chest gingerly, using her nails to rake lightly over his abdomen. He sucked a breath in through his teeth as he hooked his fingers at the waistband of her panties; he managed to get them off with just a little difficulty.

Harry moved his eyes up and down her body, drinking in the sight of the visage in front of him. She opened her mouth to speak but Harry shook his head. He took her hand and brought it back to his abdomen, moving it down into his boxers.

Hermione almost shook her head and tried to pull her hand away but Harry kept a firm grip. He caressed her cheek with his hand and kissed her gently as he brought her hand back down, moving it past the waistband.

She felt her eyes grow wide as he guided her fingers to pull away his boxers. Dropping them off the side of the bed, Harry brought Hermione's body over on top of his, letting her get used to feeling him naked beneath her.

"Oh God," Hermione whispered.

"What?" Harry asked softly.

"Nothing," she bent her head down, her hair falling over both of them. "Just getting used to all this is all."

Harry grinned as he curved his hand around her nape, bringing her mouth back to his.

*** *** ***

"Are you tired?" Harry asked, stroking her bare back as she snuggled closer against him.

"Not really," Hermione answered. She rested her head on his chest and looked up at him. "Why, am I supposed to be?"

"I don't know," Harry replied, smirking. "I'm not,"

"You're just so in shape aren't you," she joked, pushing herself up on her arms so she could kiss him.

"I guess Quidditch really does give a workout," Harry answered, still smirking as she pulled away.

"I'll say," Hermione answered, sitting up on top of him and running her hands over his chest. She felt good, amazingly good in fact. He pulled her back down, her lips descending upon his for another kiss. Harry held her down for a moment, and then turned over so Hermione was on her back as he kissed down her neck.

It was six am, they had spent the past hours since making love just talking some more. Hermione felt like she knew everything about Harry and vice versa.

"Do you think if I ever have to interview you again it will be awkward?" Hermione asked, pulling her mouth away from his for a breath.

Harry smiled down at her. "I don't know. Maybe, but we're both professionals right? We can handle a simple interview."

"Right," Hermione answered, kissing him again lightly and pushing him off her.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked, trying to hold on to her as she slipped out of the bed.

"I was thinking breakfast would be a nice thing right about now," Hermione said and yelped as Harry pulled her back under the covers.

"You can be my breakfast," Harry nuzzled her ear and she laughed.

"I was thinking eggs might taste better," Hermione turned around and grinned up at him. "You're completely incorrigible."

"So I've been told," Harry answered, shamelessly throwing off the covers and getting up. He pulled on his boxers as Hermione stepped into her bra and knickers.

They got dressed silently and quickly, Hermione looking under the bed to make sure nothing was left behind as Harry threw out the empty wine bottle and cups.

Both of them looked back at the room briefly, then turned to each other and smiled as Harry closed the door behind them. He took her hand in his, lacing their fingers together as they went down the stairs. There was a different receptionist sitting at the desk now and she was much nicer than the first one.

Harry turned over their room key and signed the slip the receptionist put in front of him. It wasn't easy to write as Hermione was resting her head on his shoulder and her hands were wrapped around his arm.

"Thank you for staying with us," the receptionist said enthusiastically. "I hope you'll come again sometime!"

"I'm sure we will," Harry answered. He took up Hermione's hand again and they left the hotel.

Thanks to: meme30, SoulShine, Michie, Muirnin, glitterfairyxoxo, SummrMagic, ItalianSoccerChick89, hillary_sn, Larissa, Vicarious Leigh, coriander, Clyde, shawnpickett, Naveah, Phoenix Tears, quietlylulrking, frecklegirl87, spaz141, RavenclawChrissie, Lexie14, MPotter77, Deer Run Sonata, Fiona, Ramychan, KypDurron, Viwiel, Euro, Hame, rodrigo, Aggie_Potter, prue1912, Kaze, crazeecuteexo, Cara, hpfanmelissa, harrynmione, RockerBabyGurl, Sarmi, VanillaPuF Felton, .NiCkErS., Diezel, Nappa, darkwriter, freaky_evil_fairy, dansgirl801, Topaz, Caramella, sweetpup, Alexis, coolone007, Moony2187, sweetygirl420, myman-harry526, lovelylady, JCMRonnie, SquorpionLady, BAD BOY HARRY, Arwen Urodomiel, Snidget-And-Co, Amerz1, DAMN, Princess Orli, falafelgigglehiney, EuphoniumGurl0, KrystinePotterLover, chris-warren876, Kristin,firestar9096, Hermione, Sami Potter, Angel, Maren L P, jayna, harryandhermionie4eva, annonnymissimo, Softballgrl89, Pasky, ravenclaw's heir, amberssweetheart2789, harryandhermione4ever-38, and iluvurstory.

Thanks so much for the reviews. I will put the next chapter up on Christmas Eve! It's the second to last chapter folks! The fic is winding down!!!