Unofficial Portkey Archive

Tease by michou
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Tease

michou

Tease | Chapter One

Ronald, Ron to his friends and family, was bored. He was at an art exhibit featuring the work of some young up and coming artist whom he'd never heard of; Moony Lovejoy or something of the sort. The only reason he was torturing himself listening to the cheesy jazz music and looking at even worse paintings was because his sister, Virginna Weasley, had had another ticket. Thanks to her no good boyfriend ditching her at the last minute and a good amount of begging and pitiful glances Ron had relented. So here he was in his best suit, a glass of brandy in hand, and wishing to all seven levels of hell that his sister had set her sight on another one of their brothers.

After an hour Ron was bored to the point of reflecting his life. As he walked around he mused to himself; how much of a social life did he have when he depended on the evilness of his sister to get out of the house? Being a top executive in the Ministry, he had the money, house, car, smarts, charm, and when he wanted, the women. He had it all.

"Yeah right," he thought to himself. That was why he was standing alone looking at an oddly distorted landscape of hills and plains. The caption under the painting said it was called "SEX".

Ron had to fight the urge to roll his eyes. It was probably painted by some tall nerdy schmuck who figured painting was a way to get some from a desperate groupie. Determined to figure out the painting Ron stared at it. The longer he analyzed it the more aggravated he became and the urge to leave became even stronger.

What was making him stay?

As he swirled the untouched brandy around in the glass he went over the question in his mind. If he was a whimsical type of fellow he would say his gut was telling him to say. However, Ronald Weasley was a realist, and things like gut feelings and fate were for pansies that read poetry, built homes for their cats, and wanked off daily. You got nothing by being whimsical, only defeated and alone.

~

Luna Lovegood, not Moony Lovejoy, was bored as well. The flattering comments about her paintings were just that, flattering; but she had heard it before. Her manager had already tried many, many times in the past two hours to get her to mingle and get more sales but Luna, in her own way ignored the snot. It was an art, Luna reflected as she sipped her champagne, to convince the rest of the world you were dotty. Cross your eyes, ignore those who annoyed you, make odd comments at odd times, and people were easily convinced. Congratulations, you are a Loony! Luna rolled her eyes. Society was stupid, and she'd have to be forcibly removed from her corner to go take part in it.

"Luna," Neville said his sweaty palms touching her shoulder. Luna shifted narrowed eyes to her medium height, brown haired, big eyed slightly overweight manager. Normally Luna would have given a much warmer greeting but true to her artist temperament she was in one of her `moods' and was determined to say in it. From her low cut fire engine red mini dress to her black leather three inch heeled knee boots, she looked the part of the temperamental and wild artist.

Truth be told, she was in a rut.

She had not had an inspiring thought in weeks; it was the reason why she was in such a rotten mood. The feeling was just plain unpleasant.

"Luna." Neville started again, "I know you aren't in a good mood but Luna, please, talk to some people."

Luna said nothing as she lifted the champagne glass to her lips.

"Please?" Neville asked desperately, "You need to make yourself appear better to the critics and patrons."

Luna sighed, "Fine Neville. I'll mingle."

She pushed herself off the wall and walked from the hallway and into the gallery. It was quiet; people were talking in soft whispers and standing around in small groups. Most people didn't know what she looked like so Luna was pretty much free to do as she pleased. The few people who knew who she was had already stopped by and offered their opinions and praise. Anonymous she was pretty much free to roam as she pleased.

Luna sighed loudly as she surveyed the room once again trying to find someone who remotely sparked her interests. No such luck. She was just about to give up when she caught sight of him. Tall, broad shoulders, handsome features, red hair a person couldn't find in a bottle, black tailored suit and tie, and the cutest nose scrunched up in confusion. Luna licked her canine teeth in anticipation as her throat went dry. He'd be delicious.

~

Ron must've been looking at the painting for thirty straight minutes and it still wasn't making any more sense. He was sorely willing to five up but knew he'd have to face another painting that would make him even more confused.

"Are you confused?" The voice pierced his fog making Ron shift his weight from his left foot to his right and he sighed as his leg communicated its relief.

"Only slightly." He paused, hoping the person would catch the hint and go away. Only they didn't and moved closer invading his personal space in the process. His frustration getting the best of him Ron added, "Only a sexless art whore would understand this garbage."

Not seeing a quick eye brow rise and only hearing the laugh, a light, mischievous, and purely feminine laugh, Ron finally turned his attention to his company. He was expecting a short dumpy bottle red head with sloppily applied make up, a too tight dirty black dress and old black combat boots. When he saw a sexy, blue eyed natural blonde, in a red dress that only required a good tug to see her goods, and a well made up face with just the right amount of make up enhancing her blue eyes, pert nose, high check bones, full red lips, Ron finally lifted his glass of brandy to his lips.

He had the feeling he would need the slight buzz the brandy would deliver.

His eyes focused on her lips that curved into a coquettish smile.

"Hello." The sensual greeting from the perfect red lips, followed by her body leaning in and touching his so closely that he could see her full breasts if he happened to look down, her eyes sparking in challenge made the buzz from the brandy redundant.

Hello, Ron thought as he finally gave into temptation and looked down to see what the dress was so shamelessly displaying. He felt all the blood rush south and smirked in challenge.

Well chap, it seems we have a tease.

TBC

Thanks so much for the reviews! I apologize for the short prologue. I hope it met everyone's expectations and gave more of a background. Did you like or dislike? Review please?

1