Unofficial Portkey Archive

Tease by michou
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Tease

michou

Tease | Chapter Two

"Well," Luna replied flipping her hair back, "I happen to be an expert on art. What seems to be the problem?"

Ron, looking over Luna again, figured he had two options on how to proceed. He could be charming and sophisticated or he could play the naïve inexperienced handsome young man. Watching her shift so she leaned in closer to him, Ron decided a nice mixture of the two personalities would do the trick nicely.

"It's the painting's perspective." Ron said with his left hand gesturing to the landscape while wrapping his right arm around her waist.

Actually curious and slightly preoccupied Luna asked, "What don't you understand?"

He was so handsome and so built! She could feel his muscles along her back and resisted the urge to sigh her contentment.

"They way she portrays the landscapes, having one landscape, different landscapes overlapping." He was pleased when he heard the change in her voice as she asked him her question, "If I wasn't impressed with the sharpness along with the boldness of the brush strokes I would've left by now."

Luna let herself bask in the surprising glow of his unintentional compliment before answering.

"This." Luna said setting her flute of champagne for Ron to sip, his brandy finished just a minute before, "I think is something that was meant for total mass interpretation, no two people are going to have the same opinion. You see how the landscaped over lap?" He pointed to the very definitive line in the middle of the work, "That, to me, shows, how the world depends on each other."

Ron turned and focused his bland stare to the blonde. Luna being the hard core woman she was stared back in challenge further defending Ron's motive for attack. Ron, fully in character, blushed and turned his state back to the painting.

*

A few minutes later he had formed his own idea of the painting.

"I have a different perspective of it." He drew out his response in the guise of being shy. Giving a quick glance to eyes and seeing the blue eyes misty he looked back at the painting.

"What's your interpretation…" She trailed off and pulled away from his embrace and smirked, "What's your name?"

Ron let himself flush again but to contradict the rush of blood smirked as well.

"I don't know your name."

Luna smiled as she licked her right canine tooth her enjoying the feel of her blood pumping. Her cocky response, "I asked you first."

Ron gave in because it was faster, the faster he answered, the faster the evening would go, and thus the faster he'd be in her bed.

"Ron Weasley."

Not letting him off the hook Luna asked, "Ron or Ronald?"

Ron's ego was not going to let her get off with asking two questions in a row, "Your name miss?"

"Ron or Ronald?" Was the smart answer, her left hand on her hip, her body stance defiant.

"Ronald."

"Oh." She flashed a quick smile, "Luna."

It was his turn to question, "Just Luna? No last name?"

"My last name." Luna cocked her head to the side, "Is not really all that important."

Probably had a problem with a stalker but to be cute he replied, "Mysterious." He looked back to the painting, "Do you want to know my opinion?"

Luna leaning back into him, careful not to bruise his ego, she purred, "Of course."

"If this piece if really about 'love' than maybe its not the world that is dependant but a person who is in love, their perspective about the word changes. The lines blur for that person."

Ron took a sip from Luna's flute as he let the words sink. 'Luna' if that really was her name, was a very extraverted person. He could actually see his words flow through her head.

"I think you have more of a handle on this art interpretation than you think."

Ron blushed again, "Thank you."

*

Luna knew Ron's game. Probably better than he knew it himself. Pretend to be seduced and thus have less work to do while increasing your own ego. Oh yes, Luna knew this game well, she played it often. It was necessary for a girl to know the games men played. It was easier to avoid getting hurt. She'd seen it happen and concluded that falling in love was for fools. Her mother didn't raise a fool.

"Perhaps." He looked her over, "You don't seem to be the type to hang around stuffy art shows."

He really had no idea who she was?!

"Am I your type?"

She was most definitely was Luna realized as she watched him smile.

"Answer my question first," He flirted giving his most charming smile.

"Things like this amuse me." She bit her bottom lip before smiling, "You find such interesting people at events like this." She took his hand and was surprised at the sudden rush of warmth that started from his hand. She spun her head to look at him, her hair flying around her, haloing her face for a moment before settling back around her shoulders. Luna heard his breathe catch and wondered briefly was the red headed Adonis was thinking.

So she was biased. So what?

If she was any other woman, more like her friends, she would've have realized she was falling for him. Since she wasn't her friends she just knew she wanted him bad. Really bad. But she was content enough to play his game. At least all men were consistent.

"There us another piece I think you might like." Luna pulled his hand leading him to another painting. She wanted to receive more compliments. It had nothing to do with the fact that she wanted to hear them from Ron.

*

Who knew art could be so entertaining? Well, Ron thought shoving his fists into his suit pants as he walked with Luna along the almost deserted streets. It was a surprisingly warm spring night and neither one of them needed a coat. Luna, having some sense of modestly had put on a light mink coat.

"I think you have learned well young grasshopper." Luna said.

The exhibit was a tremendous success. "The artist was one lucky bastard." Ron mentioned once during the evening during one of his 'confidant' periods. The artist wasn't a lucky bastard but a lucky bitch, Luna thought to herself. Not only were her works selling but she was anticipating on one other thing. She was planning on getting LAID!

*

"Thanks for walking me home." Ron heard Luna thank. Ever since they left, Ron had been operating on pilot mode. He had more fun with Luna hand he'd had in a long time. It was slightly unnerving, his desire to know more about her and talk to her more. Sure the urge to sleep with her was still there but it was no longer his primary focus.

"Your welcome." Ron forced himself to say. At this point his blood would usually be pumping with anticipation of the sex that promised to come. Right now, Ron was having a problem distinguishing what he did and did not want.

"Would you like to come in?" Luna asked leaning against the door. She really wished he would, "I make a good pot of coffee."

Both of them knew what she was offering and neither one knew how to correspond.

It had never been like this! Luna thought to herself. If he wasn't going to kiss her than she was going to kiss him! Without putting much thought into her actions Luna grabbed his suit jacket and crashed her lips to his leaning her body against his. Sure at first he stiffened up but like a typical man, he started to kiss her back. ALL men, Luna reflected, even as the warmth spread from her lips to her toes, could not resist a warm willing body.

It was, after all, the gender's fatal flaw.

Luna reached behind herself to open the door put gasped into Ron's mouth when he reached for her hand before he pulled away. His hand was so warm.

"Good night Luna."

Luna blinked and even though she was warm shivered as she unconsciously gripped his hand.

"Ronald…" She blinked again trying to focus, "What's wrong?"

Ron shook his head, "We only just know each other and it wouldn't be right." Ron took a deep breathe before bringing Luna's knuckles to his lips, "We should take things slow."

Luna looked like she couldn't believe was he was saying while Ron really couldn't believe what he was saying.

"Slow." Luna repeated disbelieving.

Ron nodded. He couldn't believe what he was doing but he couldn't shake the feeling that what he was saying was, well, right. He kissed her hand again taking a deep breathe of the faint smell of her flowery perfume before leaning forward and kissing her forehead. He looked into her dazed eyes and smiled at her as he took pleasure in the surprising satisfaction he felt from her reaction to him.

"Good night Luna." He whispered. Ron was about to leave but Luna grabbed his hand again.

"Can I see you tomorrow?" Luna asked suddenly trying not to lose control of the situation.

Ron smiled, pushing her blonde hair from her face, "Of course. The café we passed by, do you want to meet there about three?"

Luna nodded still in a daze. Ron smiled at her one last time before he turned and walked back down the stairs to the warm spring evening.

*

What in hell just happened? Luna didn't know how long she stood there. All she knew was her body still hummed. She finally opened the door and walked into her loft dropping the keys on the Queen Mary table she kept by the door. What happened? No man ever had ever treated her so nicely or gave her so much respected. He was a man but what made him different? How did he make her feel so different? Ronald, Luna realized as she lay in bed unable to sleep due to her anxiousness, realized Ron was a man. That was what made him different. All of the other 'men' were just boys she'd picked up occasionally.

Ronald Weasley was a man who made her feel like a lady.

TBC?

A.N: Well? What do you think? This is more than I usually write but my other story just wanted out. I hope the characterization is good enough and meets everyone's expectations. Guess what guys, Neville is the bad guy! Review please?