Unofficial Portkey Archive

Tease by michou
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Tease

michou

Tease | Chapter 3

It was a beautiful summer day. Not too humid and with the temperature at 85 degrees it was perfect for a walk through the park. Neville had finally gathered the courage to ask Luna on a date, a walk through the park, stood nervously in front of the wood door. It was eleven in the morning, Luna never slept past nine, so she should have been over her morning grumpiness, eaten, and perhaps willing to send time with him.

He would always be willing to spend time her.

Ringing her door bell, Neville rocked on the balls of his feel before settling on his feet, running his fingers through his hair. He tried to make himself look as attractive as possible. Not that he wasn't unattractive; Neville just had that look and disposition that woman married not dated.

But Luna was the woman Neville was meant to marry, that much Neville knew. Hopefully if she spent more time with him outside of work related situations she would see she was meant for him. He adjusted his hair and clothes one more time before ringing the door bell again and took a deep breathe waiting hoping Luna would answer. A minute later the door opened and a paint splattered Luna opened the door. She wore a piece of fabric that covered her breasts, long baggy pants that she probably 'borrowed' from her father, and difference spatters of paint in her hair, arms, hands, and clothes.

"What wrong Neville?"

"Nothing." He insisted trying to sound casual as he pulled his eyes from her breasts. She had magnificent breast, not to big and not too small, "Can I come in?"

Luna stood aside and Neville flashed what he hoped was a charming smile.

"Been painting?" He asked taking in her appearance again

"Still am. What do you want Neville?"

Neville watched as Luna walk back to the easel and sit back in her worn leather stool. She wasn't paying him her full attention and even though it annoyed him Neville calmed himself knowing he'd have to be patient.

"Well it's such a nice day and I was wondering if you want to go out with me?"

Luna who was in the process of selecting brushes stopped and turned to face Neville her eyes amused. A fool couldn't have missed Neville's infatuation with her but she figured he'd always continue to be shy around her. Luna watched Neville blush and bluster in an attempt to cover up his invitation to appear more platonic.

"Well it is such a nice day and I know how you haven't been inspired lately. I thought maybe you would find something outside. You know, clear your head?"

Luna shot at her French windows and shrugged. Why not humor him? He was a nice young man in need of a positive experience, "I suppose looking outside could give me a better perspective from my window." She hopped off the stool and looked at Neville, "Let me put on a decent shirt and then we'll go. K'?"

Neville nodded quickly, breathing out his relief.

*

Luna smiled as she sipped her extra large soda enjoying the tingle only Pepsi could give. Pepsi was one of the few things the Wizarding World needed. It really was a beautiful day. Since it was early summer all the children were still caught up in the early excitement of summer, Many young boys and girls were running around with their parents excited for the day's prospects while teens flirted and conversed about the latest trends in clothing, music, books, and movies.

"That was a good movie." Neville said for conversation.

He couldn't really call it a date, Luna paid for her own ticket as well as her own concessions. They did both enjoy the movie and hopefully they would now talk about it. Then, hopefully, Luna would then see they shared the same mental outlook.

"I still think Lindsay Lohan would have much more appeal to the older crowd if she didn't fight over Aaron Carter."

At Luna insistence they watched 'Mean Girls' and surprising the portrayal of high school life was accurate though a little over done. Neville suspected that in muggle high schools the teachers would've put a stop the skimpy Santa costumes and provocative dance.

"It was probably a publicity stunt. You know," Neville was immensely glad the topic was about something he knew about. It calmed him, "pair an unfamiliar face with a familiar face."

Luna shrugged, "Aaron Carter strikes me as having temperamental issues. Or being immensely insecure." She shot Neville a look, "Doesn't he?"

Neville shrugged. Was that how she saw him? A little insecure boy with no real footing in the adult world? Suddenly insecure with the current topic Neville said, "The show went well. Many people have brought your works and are starting to ask about your next show."

Neville looked down and was dismayed when he saw a disgruntled Luna. What now?

*

Luna frowned. It had been a week since the viewing. Yes, her works were selling but it took all of her heart and effort to finish off her current batch of works and she didn't even like them all that much. Now she was dry, no inspiration, no ideas, her imagination was completely dry. It had left her down in the dumps. The only positive side of this week was Ron, as promised, had come by the next day after the show. After a perfectly lovely dinner, the walk home, and a perfectly sensual kiss that still left her tingly he had not stayed. He called her the night before last and they had talked for a while but he had mentioned he wouldn't be able to see her for a few days. Oh sure, not on the receiving end of one of those kisses was a disappointment but his distance would give her time to analyze their 'friendship'. She called it that because she simply could not bring herself to commit to a relationship. Art was her love, it had been that way since she was young, and just because a smooth operator named Ronald Weasley was not going cause a love affair.

How wrong she was.

She had dropped Neville off at the gallery, he said he had business to attend to. It was fine with her. She had some things to think about. If she wasn't totally exhausted she would have sworn Neville was trying to impress her. For what reason she had no idea why Neville would want to…well…flirt with her. She wasn't spectacular, sure she liked to flaunt her body, but that was because she didn't feel there was anything special about it. Her breast weren't any more than an B cup and when drawn to questions about her hips she asked, "What hips?" She looked like her mother, who was a classical dancer, small breasts and no hips a short torso connected to long long legs. Neville deserved some delicate woman with just enough sense in her to realize how good of a catch Neville was. Luna didn't need to be told, Neville wasn't for her, just how to get him to realize that without ruining their friendship. That was the problem. The elevator opened and to her surprise there stood the gorgeous form of Ronald Weasley.

Merlin he was gorgeous! A white long sleeved shirt, the top button open due to the heat, black business slacks, and black loafers. And damn his hair! It was just begging for her hands to run through it.

"Hello." He said pleasantly. There was that almost arrogant smile of his but this time it made her anxious not wanton.

"Hi." Luna in an attempt to be coy asked, "Looking for me?"

"Yeah." He stepped into the elevator, stood a foot away from Luna, and waited for the doors to close. Once the doors closed he turned to her and smiled, "How was your day?"

Luna shrugged, "It was alright. I didn't know you were coming by today."

Ron smiled and shoved his hands in his pockets, "It was a busy day. But…"

Luna watched him blush and smiled. He was adorable! But no matter how adorable she had to ask.

"But what Ronald?"

Ron blushed harder, "I wanted to see you."

A.N.: I am SO sorry this took just shy of two months to update this. It was just not progressing. I couldn't get the characters straight. So I would like you all to forgive me because it takes me forever to edit anything I do because I am too critical of anything I do, and that added to the wait. Sorry guys!

A. Also I would like to place an ad:

WANTED: Beta Reader

DESPERATE LEVEL: High

PLEA: Please someone beta my stuff. I need other opinions!

B. Also for anyone who reads my stories I finally have my live journal up at http://www.livejournal.com/users/annie0/ Drop me a line, it'd like to talk to someone. I mean its summer, schools out, and I have nothing to do. Please save me!! TALK TO ME!

C. Oh and one final thing, my birthday is on Sunday, June 27 please review. It would be a lovely birthday gift.