Unofficial Portkey Archive

Tease by michou
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Tease

michou

A.N: Just want to state again, this is slightly AU. Some parts of the fic sticks to cannon while other parts are obviously not. As a reminder, remember, Luna did not go to Hogwarts she went to school in France with her Mother who is still alive. They are in England, because Luna wanted to try her luck in England, since she is pretty successful in Magical community France. So therefore, Luna has no previous impression of Pansy, because she has never met Pansy before the last chapter. Thankfully I have a beta, Kristen, so hopefully the grammar and what not is much better.

Tease | Chapter Five

Pansy Parkinson was a very ambitious person. She loved prestige and the power that came with it. She would do anything to achieve her goals. She had already failed to attract Draco Malfoy, the obvious as well as easy way to power. Some poor red haired harpy named Ginevra Weasley beat her to him. Now Pansy had get her power the old fashioned way; earn it. Well…not exactly earn it. She was placed in the Muggle Relations Department at the Ministry of Magic. It use to be known as the `Discard Bin' but was not the home of rising stars lead by the Minister's own son, Ronald Weasley.

Lucky for her, the Minister's son was her boss. You couldn't have more power than him and Pansy set her sights on Ron. It didn't help matters that Ronald Weasley grew out of his awkward stage and developed into a handsome man. His time spent playing Quidditch out in the sun darkened his shoulder length hair, broad masculine features, and lean body. He was quite a package. He was her package, until that chit Luna Lovegood appeared. Luna Lovegood! The sanity of all! Pansy had her sights firmly placed on Ronald Weasley and she wasn't going to lose this time. She wanted hers damnit! But she had a way to get it.

-------------------

It was almost to closing time and Neville was ready to go home. After selling two paintings and being well on his way to closing a deal with a major publisher, Neville was ready for a meal, shower, and bed in that exact order. There were still a few people looking at the works hanging on the wall, the quiet of the gallery was occasionally laced with sporadic whispers. Then he heard it, the hard clonk of heeled shoes upon the polished wood floor. Turning around, Neville saw one of the most beautiful women he'd ever seen. Long black hair to her waist, a strong forehead, full lips, high cheekbones, she was pale but tall, maybe 5'6 without the heels. She wore all white; white linen pants, white blouse, and white long sleeved robe that billowed open behind her. Her white-heeled shoes made a statement before he could even see her. Stopping just two feet away from where Neville stood, she looked him over before placing her left hand on her hip.

"Remember me Neville?"

Neville did remember her. Pansy Parkinson, she went to Hogwarts and was the same year as he was. He remembered seeing her in the hallways and had mixed feelings of fear and admiration as she passed by him. He always kept his head down afraid to be inflicted by her notorious wrath, but he always wondered what it would be like to have a conversation with her. Especially, when he heard from his friends in the Ministry she actually worked there and in the muggle department nonetheless.

Neville in an attempt to be calm shrugged, "Yes."

She smirked as she leaned down against the counter Neville stood behind, "Good. I want to strike a deal with you."

Neville blinked once, the only sign of his discomfort, "Really?"

Pansy's smirk grew into a smile, "Really." She tempted, "It's about Luna."

-------------------

Ten minutes later Neville was shaking with anger, "I always hopped power wouldn't corrupt Ron."

Pansy resisted the urge to roll her eyes. It was almost too easy. Just insist that Ronald was merely stringing the innocent Luna along, using the artist's naïve and distant reputation against her, and Pansy in less than ten minutes convinced Neville that Ron was up to no good.

"What do you get out of this?" Neville asked.

Pansy blinked out of her reverie. He actually summoned enough brain cells to form a question, and a logical one at that.

"What do you mean?" Pansy asked hoping he'd buy it. She didn't think about this possibility and hoped he'd drop it.

"Well Luna isn't a friend of yours and holds no weight with you. Why do you care what happens to her?"

Quickly thinking Pansy replied with much ease, "Ronald tried the same thing with me and I saw right through him afterward. I just don't want to see him get away with it especially when someone as talented as Luna is involved. What can only be a horrible outcome can damage Luna's artistic progress not help it along."

Afraid he might not buy her answer; she sat up further in the chair. To her relief Neville nodded his head and sat forward, "So what are we going to do about all this?"

Pansy shrugged as she looked around, "Want to talk about it over drinks?"

"Sure," Neville shrugged.

-------------------

They never drew the curtains in, so the night sky fell onto the couple, soothing the excessive heat that still lingered in the room.

"Ronald?" Luna asked.

Opening his eyes and sighing as he pulled her to him he answered, "Yes."

"Tell about her."

Slowly becoming more awake Ron asked, "About Parkinson?"

"Whatever her name is," Luna propped her head on her arm. "Tell me about her."

Not wanting to incite more of Luna's anger Ron sighed as he fully opened his eyes. Willing his brain to work Ron cleared his throat as he sat up against Luna's headboard.

"I went to school with her. She was in Syltherin and I was in Gryffindor. We didn't really interact much; her house and my house don't usual mix well. After the war her parent's assets were possessed she had to start from the ground, with an ill reputed family name, few friends, and a lot of people against her."

Luna took a curl and twirled it along her pointer, "What do you think of her?"

"She's smart; she works well, and is a fast thinker. Many possible disasters have been stopped because of her." He paused, "But she is ambitious. I think she might be a bit too ambitious. She wanted to marry Draco Malfoy but things happened. It seemed they were the perfect match."

"How so?"

"Both from Death eater families, ambitious, Syltherin, parents were friends, and actually were pretty good friends. People figured it would've been a perfect match."

Luna rolled her eyes at Ron's pause, "Stop being to dramatic. What happened?"

"They both fought in the war but they fought on our side and lived. Draco in the final battle was helping the Mediwizards with the wounded and met my sister."

"They fell in love?"

Ron snorted, "They are engaged. He isn't as big of an ass as he was in school but I won't be the first to sing his praises."

"So he left Pansy behind."

Ron nodded.

"And the tramp has set her sights on you?"

Ron looked over at Luna puzzled, "She has?"

Luna rolled her eyes and buried her head in one of the pillows, though muffled Ron heard her say, "You are impossible."

TBC

-->