Unofficial Portkey Archive

All Along by Amynoelle
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

All Along

Amynoelle

Disclaimer:
Not my characters, yada, yada, yada….property of J.K. Rowling….etc.

Thanks to all that have given me such great reviews! I appreciate it so much. Keep 'em coming! I apologize for this one being so short!

Chapter Two

Extra! Extra!

Sirius woke Harry up early the next morning. He knocked on Harry's door and told his godson to meet him downstairs at the hotel restaurant for breakfast. They would grab a quick bite to eat and then head back to the center to continue the interrogations of the Death Eaters they'd caught.

It was a refreshed, but still somewhat groggy Harry that went downstairs that morning. He saw Sirius sitting at a table nursing a cup of coffee and reading something. As Harry got closer, he could see it was some sort of newspaper. Whatever it was, Sirius was totally engrossed in it. He hadn't seen or heard Harry approach. When Harry sat down, Sirius jumped in his seat and quickly put the newspaper under the files that lay beside his breakfast plate.

"Are you okay?" Harry said. "Sorry to startle you."

"It's okay," Sirius said, hastily. He began to pour Harry a cup of coffee.

"Thanks," Harry said, taking a piece of toast and jam. "What were you reading anyway?"

"I wasn't reading anything," Sirius said.

"Yes, you were. The newspaper?" Harry said, pointing to the crumpled paper under the files.

"Oh, just the, um, The Daily Prophet," Sirius said. "It was owled to me just this morning."

"Anything interesting to report?" Harry asked.

"Nothing new. You know, the same old stuff that's always in there," Sirius said.

"Well, can I see it?" Harry asked. "I'd like to see what's going on back home."

He held out his hand, but Sirius just sat there.

"I don't think that'd be a good idea," he said.

"Why not?" Harry said. "It's just the newspaper. Oh, I get it. There's another article in there about me? I've been reading the rubbish they write in there since I was 11. I'm kind of used to it."

"Well, the article in question isn't really about you, directly," Sirius said.

"Well, there's no harm in me reading it, then," Harry said. "Come on, Sirius. I'm not 11 years old anymore. I don't need you to protect me. Let me see the paper."

"Okay," Sirius said. "Here."

Sirius took the paper unfolded it and handed it to Harry. He watched as Harry read the article.

When Harry took the paper, he'd expected everything, but what was actually staring back at him. The words on that page cut at his very soul. He hadn't expected this.

Wizarding World Agog with Weasley Wedding Plans

By Caroline Cadavie

Mr. And Mrs. Arthur Weasley proudly announce the engagement of their son, Ronald Weasley to Hermione Elizabeth Granger, daughter of muggle Drs. Chris and Anna Granger. Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, best known as the childhood best friends of The Boy Who Lived, Harry Potter, have been quietly dating for the past three years. The engagement wasn't a surprise, but was a long-time coming.

The wedding is scheduled to be held on October 24 at 7:00 p.m. at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. The wedding will be held in the Great Hall and a reception will follow the ceremony. Arthur Weasley will serve as his son's best man. Ushers will be Percy Weasley, Charlie Weasley, Fred Weasley, Charlie Weasley and Bill Weasley, brothers of the groom. Miss Granger's attendants will be Ginny Weasley Malfoy (matron of honor), Lavender Brown Finnegan and Susan Bones, school friends of the bride. No word on whether Harry Potter will attend. Keep reading The Daily Prophet for more details on the Wizarding Wedding of the Year.

Harry sat silently holding the paper. Neither he nor Sirius spoke for what seemed like an eternity.

"Well," Harry said, exhaling.

"How about that?" Sirius said. "Ron and Hermione."
"Yeah," Harry said, softly. "Ron and Hermione."

"You okay with that," Sirius asked.

"I don't have any say in that," Harry said. "I made my choice. I have to live with it."

"Maybe you didn't make the right choice."
"What is that supposed to mean?" Harry asked, crumpling up the newspaper. "You were the one who told me that I should leave. You said that in order to keep her safe, I had to leave."

"I said that if you were going to be an auror, you had to think about the people in your life and what you would do protect them. I never told you to leave her behind," Sirius argued.

"What difference does it make now? I made my choice, she's obviously made hers. If Ron makes her happy, I won't stand in their way. I'm happy for them," Harry said.

"You've never been a good liar," Sirius said.

"We better get going. We're late," Harry said, looking at his watch.

"And now you're trying to change the subject," Sirius said, getting up from the table.

Harry stood up, too. He threw the crumpled newspaper in a garbage can. "There. Out of sight, out of mind. Let's go."

Sirius didn't follow Harry, immediately. He stood looking at him walking away. "Out of sight, maybe. But not out of mind, Harry."

(In the next chapter, we will see what Hermione has been up to….stay tuned!)