Unofficial Portkey Archive

A FLAME IN THE DARK by Dearg-Due
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A FLAME IN THE DARK

Dearg-Due

AUTHORS NOTES:

Yes, I'm back with my newest release, lol. This took me a little longer to put together because of the bleedin' exams I had to give during the week at school... Arrg! throws a chair and breaks it on the floor They wouldn't let me write!

I just wanted to point out something that I haven't mentioned before... That this story is just the fic that I personally would've loved someone to write for me... just a bunch of thoughts and scenes I always had in my head. So, as nobody did the job for me, growls reluctantly I decided I would do it myself :P A little challenge from me, for me!

Well, enough of me talking, just for you mates chapter IV... enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter or any of JK Rowling's amazing characters. However the plot and the new characters are ENTIRELY mine, coming right out of my imagination.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chaper IV: ONE FRENETICALLY DISTURBING MORNING...

"What-! You! How - why -" Ginny begun to stutter, as she unavoidably focused her eyes on the blonde's lean chest and toned arms, from which water drops still hanged, making his fascinating abs look almost as if they shimmered.

"Let me guess ... Am I here?" Draco interrupted as he came near to her, chuckling. "You really thought you could get rid of me that easy, did you?" he added as he begun drying his wet hair roughly with a hand-towel.

"How come you be here, instead of downstairs having breakfast with the rest?", Ginny inquired in disbelief, trying not to distract on the blonde's slender figure. She still hated him, but Merlin! She wasn't made of stone either, was she?

"I just didn't feel like it..." Ginny furrowed her brow inquisitively. "That disgusting synthetic coffee tends to make me feel a little sick sometimes," he explained, scratching the back of his head.

"Aww... let me guess... Not like the one mummy serves at home? Is that it?". Ginny said in a cynically tender tone.

Draco gave her a deadly look in response. His mother Narcissa Malfoy had died during the war; she had been accidentally killed by Draco's father, Lucious, during a jealousy episode.

"No wait, don't tell me the spoiled brat has a sensitive stomach..." she added patting his belly and verifying how hard and lean it was, just as she thought.

"Only when it comes down to food, I'll tell you that," he muttered with a malicious grimace on his face as he grabbed her wrist tightly to pull her closer. Ginny released her hand roughly and stepped back, glaring at him out of the corner of her eyes.

"Don't touch me, you brute," she threatened, stroking her hand, thinking it would've been much easier to reject his touch if he wasn't so breathtakingly attractive. "At any rate, why the hell are you in this room anyway?" she inquired in an attempt to keep her head cool. "I thought you -".

"You thought you knew everything, Weasley?" he chuckled. Draco had issued a room exchange with his 'buddy' from potion lessons, who had been complaining since some time now to get a larger room anyway.

Ginny rolled her eyes and shook her head with contempt. "So childish..." she thought.

"Amazing what money can achieve, Weasel, isn't it? Not like you would know that, would you?" he suggested conceitedly.

"Is it always the same with you, Malfoy? The git can't work out any better argument to fight back? All 'bout the bloody money?" she sighed feeling pity for the miserable prat. Draco glanced back at her with evil shining in his silver eyes. "Merlin! You are getting pretty boring with time, if you ask me".

"But I don't, do I?" he smirked and she didn't reply. "Look red-head, in regards to your question: It was nothing really, I just thought that the other room was rather roomy, don't you think?" he asked sarcastically.

"Roomy?" inquired Ginny, furrowing her brow. "Since when did you turn all humble and modest, Malfoy?" Ginny asked mordantly, causing Draco to chortle while she shifted her weight to the left side.

"Maybe spending so much time with scum like yourself, has caused an effect on me..." As he said that, he placed a finger over Ginny's chest, pushing her back, and removed it quickly.

The girl turned her right hand to the place he had touched, defensively.

"Damn it! It must be a bloody disease... I'm already behaving like poor, getting used to smaller rooms and all," he complained turning his eyes innocently towards the ceiling.

"You know Malfoy, you were so bloody funny, I forgot to laugh," replied Ginny in a determined, sarcastic tone. "How did you know I changed rooms anyway? It was supposed to be a secret, I-"

"That skinny, boring blonde arrived yesterday morning and it made me realise you were so much better..." Ginny furrowed her brow. Draco admitting she was better? "I mean with the cleaning duties, you know, Weasel..." she rolled her eyes. "Nobody arranges the bed as you do, you know that? You must be a bloody natural, no doubt," he taunted, coming near her. "And you know a Malfoy deserves the best, don't you?"

"Sure... as if anything related to you could ever be called the 'best', you asshole," she scolded at him, crossing her arms around her chest and looking down at him.

"Yeah... you must be right, Weasel..." he sighed, lowering his head, as Ginny eyed him sceptically. "I guess you got me this time, red-head, that was not the reason after all," he said turning falsely sentimental and throwing himself over the couch, with his legs indifferently parted.

If she wouldn't have been standing up, Ginny swore she would've been able to see one or two things she wasn't really looking forward to look at in that moment.

"Who am I trying to cheat? It's the witty Weaselette herself interrogating me... Oh no! run for your lives!" he added sarcastically, yet unenthusiastically, as if he actually meant it. "It must be that I cannot live without you, baby..."

Ginny widened her eyes at these words. He couldn't be serious, of course, yet the idea of it and the way it sound was pretty disturbing. "Yes... being able to have any girl in the whole country, Draco Malfoy has fallen for a commoner... What do you want me to say?" he asked looking at her with puppy eyes.

"You're pathetic, Draco".

"I'm pathetic, Dra -"he paused. "Wait a minute, what did you say? How did you just call me?"

Ginny mentally cursed herself. What the bloody hell was that? What on Earth was she thinking about?

"Did I just hear my name, red-head? Or was it just product of my twisted imagination?"

Suddenly, an idea struck her mind.

"What Weasley? Are you really becoming fond of this arrogant, sex-god-like bastard after all?" he said standing up and looking at her tenderly, yet conceitedly.

Ginny bit her lower lip innocently, and remained still. Draco kept coming closer, styling a malicious smirk in his captivating face, as he strutted his stuff in front of the defenseless red-head.

"You know, I knew it would happen eventually... I tend to have that effect on the ladies," he added holding her face softly with his hand. Ginny didn't shrug.

He was standing right in front of her already, when Ginny violently wrapped her arms around his neck, grasping his wide back and gently caressing his neck, as she lifted her right leg and tangled it around his thigh.

The blonde groaned with a satisfied glare on his face, as he grabbed her bottom.

"Oh, Draco... How could I not want you," she begun in a seductive tone. "You are just, so..." she slid her hands down his wet back, closing the distance between their lips. "..so..." she continued, resting her hands in his waist.

"Yeah..." he urged, smirking as he embraced her hips tightly.

"Irresistible!" she finished, pulling his towel off and running in the opposite direction, as fast as she could, in order to avoid seeing anything she would later regret of.

"Bloody hell!" Draco growled, evidently irritated, as he tried to pick up the towel and cover himself back.

When Ginny was almost at the door, she gave her decision a second thought and decided to look back. Draco's desperate face was priceless, she thought. That would sure teach him not to mess with a Weasley. Then she turned around to exit the room and the door shut sharply. She gasped in astonishment.

"Not so fast, little Weasel!"

She tried to turn the handle around with both hands, but it was useless, it was stuck. Ginny turned over, sticking her now sweaty hands to the door's surface and breathing heavily, while she stared at Draco who had the towel in place again and his right arm extended backwards, as he had closed the door telekinetically, doing a hinge-like move.

He started walking towards her, slowly, smirking and looking at her straight into her frightened eyes.

"Oh my God, Ginny, what on Earth where you thinking?" Ginny thought desperately as the blonde kept drawing nearer, and nearer every second, making her feel completely powerless. "If you wouldn't have hesitated to look back at him at the door, none of this would've ever happened! Damn it, Ginny! Why did you have to be so foolish! You just had to take a peek at that lascivious, electrifying body."

"You are a bloody, little tease, aren't you, red-head?" Ginny could not reply and just gaped her eyes at the wild beast who was about to rush over its prey. "Did you know what happens to foolish teases like you, Wease-lette?" he added in a whisper, hissing the last part into her ear, as he roughly held her waist, sending a chill up her spine.

"You better let go of me in this very minute, Malfoy!" she threatened angrily, without being able to hide her fear effectively.

"Or what?" Draco wouldn't move. "Exactly?"

"I'll -! Just let me go, you pig! Don't touch me!" she begun, throwing random fists at Draco's chest, until he abruptly held her wrists, put them apart against the door and planted a deep, rough kiss on her lips.

Ginny stood motionless, trying to assimilate the facts. With the whirlwind of emotions, her blood quickly rose to her face and dyed her cheeks in a dim shade of pink, as she closed her eyes out of the bewilderment. Upon realising this, Draco groaned and strengthened the pressure over the red-head's body.

His lips tasted of mint and a cool after-shave that the red-head had smelled on him before and his tongue explored her mouth exquisitely, reaching her most sensitive spots. Ginny could feel his weight over her body and, whether it was due to his pressure or due to the sheer kiss, Ginny felt suffocated and helpless at the same time, which caused her to moan in despair.

Then, the blonde joined her both wrists to hold them up with one hand in a sudden move and the red-head heard how he mumbled something in a low-voice and proceeded to slide his free hand gently into one of her back-pockets.

At that point, Ginny was just about to respond the kiss, thinking it was well worth the latter humiliation, but the courageous movement caused her to change her mind and instead, gather strength from wherever she could to deliver him a low kick with the knee that send Draco a couple of steps back cringing, as he hunched his back, grabbing his manhood. Fortunately, this gave her enough time to release herself and run away.

"Arrg! You'll pay for this, you bitch!" he scolded in pain in a slightly high-pitched tone than usual, as the red-head rushed through the corridors and made her way back to her room.

Draco was left alone, craving and whining, but as he incorporated back, he broke into an evil laughter...

"You'll sure pay..." he chortled and smirked at the thought of having kissed that mysteriously wild creature, at last...

However the blonde wasn't sure if that had eased his feelings or actually shuddered them, as the desire of holding that ravishing enchantress in her arms again, was now unbearable.

"That kiss..." he thought, brushing his hair and resting his hand on his chin reflectively.

After all those years of insipid dirtbags, Draco felt that he had finally found someone who turned his emotions upside down with her single touch. The way her lips tasted of honey and strawberries, the way her cheeks flushed when he kissed her, the way her delicately curvaceous body arched when he pressed his body against hers... He couldn't quite explain the way her every move turned him on, enticing his emotions.

But one thing he was certain about; his body was craving for more...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ginny ran as fast as she could until she reached her room's closed door where she stopped, panting heavily, upon noticing that there was someone talking inside. It was Justine.

"How are you today? Good? I'm so glad to hear that... Yes, it's alright... No, really, it's fine... Will you come and see me tomorrow?" she giggled. "You're so sweet... what would I do without you? ...They're alright, but you know me better..." she added flirtatiously. "No, you can't! ... you're so evil... I know... I better get going anyway... Love you too... Bye!" Ginny stood stupefied as she heard all of this.

"Who was she talking to?" she wondered. She didn't hear anyone replying back... Was she going mad because of the circumstances they were living in? Ginny pushed the door open and broke in.

Justine gasped, widening her eyes. The red-head furrowed her brow. The room was empty.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Ginny! I... wha - it's... talking? Me?" Justine begun to stutter, tangling her lower lip. Ginny nodded matter-of-factly. "I... nobody! Who would I possibly be talking to, do you see anyone here?" she asked nervously, defending herself. The red-head shook her head, examining the uneasy look on the blonde's eyes.

"Poor kid... She really must be going crazy out of her mind and I'm probably just embarrassing her right now, instead of making her feel better..." she thought. "Shame on you, Ginny Weasley!".

"You're right... Sorry Tine, it must've been my imagination... It's just that I've not quite been myself today," she said in a warm tone, remembering her previous encounter and grinning at the thought.

"Really? Oh my God, Gin, what happened?" Justine cried, happy that her friend had changed the subject, yet worried with Ginny's statement.

"Urm..." she begun, uncertain of her reply. "Nothing, really," she finally answered. "It's just that this morning has been a little... hectic, that's all".

"Oh," the girl replied reflectively, looking at the window.

"Anyway! We better get going, Tine. It's lunch duties in three minutes, so we ought to hurry," she stated, as they both exited the room and made their way to the kitchen. "What? I guess we all have our little secrets after all, don't we?" thought Ginny to herself with a mischievous smirk on her face, as she closed the door.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When they entered the portentous room, they observed that the girls were all gathered around an infuriated Mrs. Draggery. They quickly joined the crowd before the hideous woman noticed their absence.

"How can you bints be so fucking mentally-restricted!" she scolded. "Didn't you pests hear me at the beginning of the term!" they nodded. "So how come you be so bloody stupid! Are you actually planning on going on vacations or someplace where a little pocket-money would be of any use?" she suggested ironically. "Now one of you, the bleedin' little sneak, will have to pay... oh, yes she will..." she squinted her eyes menacingly as she said this, while the girls stood terrified, not a muscle moving. "Now what are you waiting, you scumbags! Line up at once!"

They quickly formed a line and stood straight, facing in her direction, but looking down frightfully.

"What is going on?" whispered Ginny to Vicky while they moved.

"I don't know," she answered back. "It seems that one of them pillocks got robbed".

"Damn! Who would be as stupid as to -".

"Shut up, you disgusting sluts!" she shrieked, and soon enough the room was completely quiet.

"What a waste of time," Ginny thought as she put both hands in her back-pockets. She furrowed her brow as she felt something thin and cold in her right one, and upon realising what it was, she shuddered, her heart starting to beat faster every second. It was Malfoy's gold quill.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Tah, tah, tah, taaaaaahn! OMG! Writing this chapter even made me nervous, I must admit it... I want to read what happens next too! Though I know it... lol! Don't hate me! at least I make the chappies pretty long, don't I?

Any thoughts? Just put them down. Fill me with reviews and I promise to write the next chapter as fast as I can, although I've thousands of things to do for school, but for you guys, I just might make an effort... Remember, it's you're choice...

Thanks to last chappie's REVIEWERS: **Olivia Weasley**, **down2earthangl85**, **Momentyne**, **blondegurl**, **draco li'l hottie**, **katie**, **lilmisspotterluver**, **Dawn Matthews**, **Tears ofthe Phoenix**, **Dj Mandy B**, **Adrial**, **theHouseElf** and the always faithful **Anonymous** cheers!

-->