Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hell Hath No Fury by DigitalFeonix
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hell Hath No Fury

DigitalFeonix

Dumbledore awoke to an unusual sight, the hospital wing. He had seen the hospital wing before of course, just not from this perspective. He was in one of the beds. To his surprise, though he thought it really shouldn't, he found the young Mr. Weasley and Minerva sitting by his bed and Poppy fretting worse then ever at the foot of his bed.

"How long?" he asked rather weaker than he had hoped.

"Only a couple of hours Albus," Minerva replied.

"Wha - What did Hermione do to you sir?" Ron asked with fear in his eyes.

"Something I thought she would never be capable of doing, but considering the circumstances, I'm only mildly surprised. I believe she tapped her grief for Harry, her pure will and her knowledge of magic, specifically dark magic learned no doubt to help Harry know what might be used against him, to begin drawing magical energy from around her, starting with me," the headmaster answered somberly.

"Dark Magic? Certainly not Ms. Granger?" Minerva asked, visibly unnerved.

"Mr. Weasley, was there anything unusual about her eyes?"

"Yeah, they glowed black. It... she was scary!"

Dumbledore lowered his head with a deep sigh. "Just as I suspected. Tell me, do you know if she took anything of Harry's?"

"A quite frightened Mr. Longbottom told me that she stormed into their dormitory. When I went there, his Firebolt and quidditch robes were missing, not to mention that the Fat Lady was blown to smithereens, and no one saw her leave," replied Minerva.

"Then she has his invisibility cloak also," said Dumbledore plainly.

"His what?! Albus --" Dumbledore held up his hand and gave her a look that told her that it simply wasn't important at this time.

"She is most likely going to take her vengeance out on Voldertmort, and rightly so. I dare say that I won't be surprised if he met his end by her hand tonight, she was never a believer in prophecy and she has rarely been wrong. Now please, I'm suddenly very tired and wish to sleep," Dumbledore said with his famous finality, laid his head back down on the pillow and closed his eyes.