Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hell Hath No Fury by DigitalFeonix
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hell Hath No Fury

DigitalFeonix

Cruel high-pitched laughter echoed throughout the hall. The Death Eaters surrounding the Dark Lord laughed with him. The Dark Lord had summoned them to gloat in his victory over Harry Potter. They all were looking at the copy of The Daily Prophet their master was holding high above his head. The headline read: Harry Potter Dead! The Boy-Who-Lived's Death at Hogwarts a Mystery!

"Finally, the thorn has been removed from my side. Finally, my vengeance has been exacted. Harry Potter, the 'Boy-Who-Lived' is DEAD! Thanks to the information that young Malfoy provided and a simple plan, I was able to finally rid myself of that nuisance and right under the nose of that muggle loving Dumbledore too! What made it all the more sweeter is that, although the Prophet doesn't report it, he took his own life. The way is clear; the world will now tremble in fear at the name Voldermort! Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow they die!"

The crowd of Death Eaters shouted and cheered. They would raise hell throughout the night and now it was Wormtail's job to obtain the Firewhiskey that would fuel the mayhem to come.

As Wormtail was returning to the revelry with his arms full of bottles, a dark form descended in his path. The figure was shrouded in shadow, no features showing, almost as if it was made from the darkness of the night itself.

"You know, you really shouldn't drink firewhiskey. It kills the mind. And you have very little to begin with," the stranger said as the bottles in his arms abruptly radiated an incredible heat. Wormtail dropped the bottles, watching them burst into flames when then broke on the ground. He quickly reached into his robes for his wand and found nothing.

"Looking for this?" the dark form asked holding Wormtail's wand out. Before he could reply it burst into black flames. "And you're precious hand will be no use either." With a wave of the stranger's hand Wormtail's magical hand dissolved into a silver mist and disappeared into the darkness. He now felt powerless.

In the blink of an eye the dark figure was right in front of him and put a hand on his chest. Wormtail looked in its glowing black eyes with horror as blue light moved from him into the hand on him. Stumbling back, the energy flowed from him a brief moment more before fading.

"And now Peter, the real fun begins."

The figure stepped forward and as if a drape was being pulled off, its features appeared from the darkness that surrounded it. A young woman stepped forth, her wild black hair matching the color of her eyes.

"Who are you?" Wormtail asked finally finding his voice. He held up his hand and stump in fear.

"Come on Wormtail, are you saying you don't recognize me? Maybe I should have let Crookshanks eat you."

"No... It can't be... not... He-her-hermione?"

"The Rat gets it on the first try. But you see Peter; I'm a bit pissed at you, bringing back Voldermort and all that. You never made it to Azkaban did you? You never got the punishment you deserved for betraying Harry's parents. I'm here to remedy that situation, permanently. My Harry spared your pathetic pitiful life, so I won't kill you. Besides, I've got a much better idea than that."

Wormtail watched through a red haze as she got bigger. No, he was getting smaller. The ground was coming up to meet to him. Hermione leaned over the squeaking rat and spoke with a soft voice dripping with contempt.

"You are now, and forever, the rat we all know you are. No wizarding or muggle family will take you as a pet. No friends will you find in the animals of the forest." She stood and walked away. "Enjoy the rest of your life, however short that is." Her figure faded into the darkness around her.