Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hell Hath No Fury by DigitalFeonix
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hell Hath No Fury

DigitalFeonix

"It doesn't matter. You were next on my list," she spat at him with venom. She could feel her rage boiling inside, fiercer than ever.

"And you were next on mine, young mudblood. I must ask you though, how did it feel when you found out that Harry Potter killed himself, all because he thought you were dead?" Voldermort asked with air of confidence.

Black flames erupted from the ground around Hermione. She screamed with the a fury that matched the flames around her, "I WILL KILL YOU!"

"You shall be the one to die. AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Hermione stood her ground and watched as the green light struck the green barrier around her. The spell made it waver, but it held.

"IMPOSSIBLE!"

"Nothing is impossible if you have the will and enough power," she said calmly. "Now it's my turn. AVADA -"

'No,' a voice said inside her head. She tried to ignore it and raised her wand again.

"AVADA -" she said before the voice told her 'NO' more firmly this time. Voldermort seeing her hesitate again laughed.

"Can't bring yourself to do one little killing curse mudblood?" he asked gleefully.

'Use the incantation 'EXPECTO' Hermione,' the voice said this time.

Unable to ever deny this voice, she cried "EXPECTO!" not sure what good it would do.

The second the sound left her lips, she felt as if her soul was being ripped from her chest where a great bright light was bursting forth. She cried out as she felt every ounce of magic she had collected was drained from her. The light swirled around in a bright green fog surrounding her, before finally coalescing into a glowing human shape in front of her. It looked like a patronus, except the color. Then she realized it was Harry.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Voldermort screamed. Hermione watched in horror as the green light streaked towards them. Then the spell stopped in mid-air, everything around them stopped. Time had frozen around them.

Harry turned to Hermione and spoke softly, "I can't hold this for long, so I must speak quickly. I must thank you Hermione. Once again you have helped me get where I needed to be, but as always the final task is mine alone. I love you Hermione."

He leaned over and kissed her gently and passionately on the lips. She felt his energy jolt through her body. Her knees felt weak, and then she collapsed to the ground unable to move. She watched as he faced Voldermort and time resumed its normal flow. The green light of the killing curse struck him in the chest causing Harry's form to glow brighter. Voldermort threw spell after spell at Harry as he walked determinedly towards the wizard who had caused so much pain to so many.

When Harry reached Voldermort, whose eyes were wide with fear, he simply reached his hand inside of Voldermort's chest. When Hary pulled his hand back, he was holding something that looked like it might be Voldermort's ghost. Voldermort's body collapsed to the ground lifeless. "Incindio!" issued from Harry mouth and the Voldermort in his hands were consumed by green flame, turning it into ethereal smoke.

Harry turned and walked towards Hermione. He bent down and smoothed the hair away from her face. She could feel the tears working their way to the surface.

"Sleep Hermione, tomorrow return to Hogwarts and tell everyone what happened. Show them Voldermort's body if they don't believe that he is finally gone for good. I love you Hermione, I always have, remember that. Good-bye."

"Good-bye Harry," she said through her tears as she watched his form dissolve into a mist and watched it dissipate into nothingness. She cried herself into a deep sleep.