Unofficial Portkey Archive

In a day that holds so much sadness by Rosali
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

In a day that holds so much sadness

Rosali

In a day that holds so much sadness

A/N: Two chapters again lol. Don't get used to it, in two weeks I'll have finals and I'm not sure if I'll be able to write much. Anyway, I'll try to write more soon. Geez! I've also promised I would try and work time for Was and Will Be and for What is love? That's what you get when you start three fics and a novel at about the same time *rolls eyes*

CHAPTER IV

Happiness in Dark Times

After Sirius left, Lily went to their small room and put Harry in t he crib that sat at the foot of the bed. He cooed and smiled at his mother's eyes and love, and slowly drifted off to sleep, holding Lily's thumb tightly, as if it would be the last time he did so.

She walked out of the room with tears in her eyes and went straight to her husband's arms. He didn't ask anything, he knew what she was feeling, for he felt it too. James held Lily close and shushed her, until the sobs subsided. He pulled away and smiled, 'Better now?' he asked.

Lily returned his smile and kissed him softly on the lips. 'I love you James.'

'I love you too, Lily,' he said as he wrapped his arms around her, but now it was different. He started kissing her neck and she moaned, giving him full access. James smiled and continued trailing down to her shoulder, where the loos tee was falling.

Lily giggled and turned around; putting her hands around his neck. She nibbled his nose with hers. She then kissed him deeply and started placing more kisses all over his face.

He ran a hand down her right arm and then moved it back to her cheek, caressing it. His hand then went to her left shoulder and went down to her waist. He started pulling it out.

Somehow, they had managed to get to bed and as Lily slept, James stood and went to the crib. He looked at his son with pride and sadness. It was absolutely not fair… at all.

***

Dumbledore was at Lily and James' place in London. He had come to look at baby Harry, but somewhat, he didn't seem all that happy. When they were alone, James came next to his old Headmaster.

'Albus? What's the matter, aren't you happy for us?' he asked

Dumbledore looked at his pupil and smiled. 'Of course I'm happy James. I'm just worried,' he confessed.

'I know, but we've put up a number or wards. I don't reckon they will be able to find us; least of all hurt us.' James grinned.

'James, there is something you need to know.'

He sobered; it was never good when Dumbledore said something like that. 'What is it?'

Albus sighed. 'Almost a year ago, someone made a prophecy to me. I didn't think it was relevant back then, because you didn't fit the description given. But now it is all changed with little Harry arriving and the present situation'

'What are you trying to say?'

'The prophecy made pointed to a baby born as the seventh month dies. To those who had thrice defied the Dark Lord. It speaks of Voldemort and this baby's power to vanquish him; to kill him or the other way round. And I'm afraid that there are only two babies that fit that description. Yours and the Longbottoms'. I am very worried that he might try and hurt the little ones,' he said gravely.

James listened intently, making no gestures at all. When Dumbledore finished speaking, a huge weight fell upon him. And he couldn't even begin to describe all these feelings he had inside right now. He finally nodded, 'thank you for telling me, Albus,' he just said and took off without a word. Dumbledore sighed heavily.

***

She woke up not too long after James had stood from bed; feeling he as missing. She took a place next to him and kissed Harry, and then James.

James pushed all the thoughts out of his mind and smiled at Lily. 'It's all going to be all right,' he said softly and kissed her lightly. 'But I don't think I'll get any sleep tonight'

'Me either. So what shall we do?'

James grinned. 'Well, it's Halloween's eve… we can decorate'

Lily nodded happily. 'Better than sit around and worry, right?'

'Exactly!'

While they summoned and put all the things around the small house, Lily stared at her husband silently. He felt her gaze upon him and turned around. 'What?' he asked.

Lily laughed softly. 'Nothing.'

'Liar'

'How could you tell?'

'It's that little thing you do with your nose when you're not saying something'

Lily rolled her eyes and then closed the distance between them. 'Well, actually there is something.'

'What is it?'

'Uhm… are you sure you want to know?'

'As long as you don't tell me you're cheating on me with Wormtail, I'm open minded,' he winked at her.

She giggled. 'No, not with him.'

James stopped dead and looked at her with huge brown eyes.

Lily burst out laughing. 'You should've seen your face,' she said between fits of laughter.

James narrowed his eyes. 'Very funny Mrs. Clown-face. well, what is it then?' he asked, extremely curious.

'I- I'm pregnant'

James flinched. 'You're- what?' he blunted out.

Lily looked on t he verge of tears. 'Aren't you happy?'

James shook his head and came closer. 'I couldn't be happier,' he said and kissed her deeply. When they pulled away, he smiled, 'Now Moony will get the chance to be a godfather also!' he exclaimed excitedly.

'I love you so much'

'You're the love of my life,' James told his wife and sat back down on the couch, as to take in the recent information.

***

A light tapping on his shoulder brought James from his restless sleep. He had been the past month on a mission in Timbuktu and had been down one man, Lily.

He hadn't really realised how useful and necessary she was on his team until that mission. Dark times fell upon the wizardring world and it was their duty to try and keep it as safe as possible, even if it cost more than one valuable life.

They had lost members, friends and aurors; it was a constant grieve for the whole community; especially for the aurors and members of The Order of the Phoenix. James and Lily were in both associations, and had lost many good friends to the Death Eaters and Voldemort.

James squeezed his eyes reluctantly when the tapping became more insisting. 'I'm not bloody going to Peru again to get you more mangos, Lily,' he protested and took a pillow to put it on top of his head.

She tapped him even more intently. Finally, James threw the pillow to a side and turned to Lily. 'What?' he asked moodily; he hadn't gotten a decent night of sleep in a month.

'Uhm… I think I'm wet,' she said timidly.

'What are you talking about?' he felt the bed under him and indeed, it was wet. He frowned, 'what happened?' he asked.

'James, I think my- aaaargh!' she screamed and made James jump so high, he fell off bed.

'What the bloody hell?' he asked, alarmed.

'You idiot! The baby's coming!'

'The baby is- WHAT?! Get up, we need to get Lily to the hospital!' Lily threw him a poisonous look. 'Right. Lily. I'm- Ok I'll pack.' He stood with a jump and started looking around frantically.

'JaAAAAAAAAAMES! Here, now! St. Mungos, immediately,' she ordered.

'All right. No panic. We're going to St. Mungos. I'm going to be a father!'

Eight hours later, James was carrying a newborn that looked exactly like him… but he had Lily's eyes. He looked up at his exhausted wife. 'Lily… this is our baby… How shall we call him?' he said softly.

Lily smiled tiredly. 'Harry. Harry James Potter.'

'Harry James Pot-.'

Just then, the door slammed open and a grinning man appeared on the doorframe. 'I came as soon as I heard,' Sirius Black was saying, beaming with happiness.

James looked up. 'Take a look at your godson, Harry James Potter.'

***

A/N: I know, nothing happens in this chapter, but I thought it necessary to deepen the feeling a little. Please R&R. And thank you for the reviews you've already sent, they encourage me to keep writing J