Unofficial Portkey Archive

Quiet Revelations by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Quiet Revelations

jms granger

3 Simple Words

`Si…Si…Sirius?' came Harry's stammered response as he looked up into the face of his Godfather standing before him.

`It's me, seriously!' Sirius said with his trademark bark like laugh, staring at Harry in evident delight. With a wave of Sirius' hand the room became illuminated with a bright welcoming fiery glow, a fiery glow that made Harry think of the hearth him and his friends had just been sharing. With the glow now lighting the room Harry could properly see the man he had loved. Sirius looked healthy, dressed in simple black covering his muscular frame, the long dark hair brushing into his eyes in which the glow had managed to show the mischievousness that now lingered in them. `Sure is good to see you, looking even more like James than ever…' Sirius laughed pulling Harry into a fatherly hug `although that's not a compliment!'

As Sirius let Harry go all Harry could do was stare, mouth agape at the man he missed most in the world, a man he had accepted he would never see again. Harry could literally feel the year of blame that he carried with him starting to flood from his body, replaced by simple joy. Harry tried to think what to say, but where could he start? So much had happened, he had missed him so much. The word `missed' stuck in his mind as he thought them and he knew that he had to take this chance to tell him, above anything else.

`I've missed you' Harry said, 3 simple words that were said with such sincerity that the words were themselves weren't necessary, the strength of his feelings summed up just by that. Sirius caught this, temporarily unable to say anything at the potency of 3 simple words.

`Thanks Harry, I've missed you too, but lets stop this, my street cred will vaporize!' Sirius said, a playful grin spread across his face, `Now before we get down to business, my troublesome Godson, I just want to let you know that blaming yourself for my death was a really dumb thing to do!' Sirius said with a slight strictness to his voice that he had come to associate with Hermione, strictness because of how much they cared.

`But…if I had…if I had just done occlumency, or used the mirror you gave me then I wouldn't have been fooled by Voldemorts trick, you wouldn't of…' Harry suddenly realized that he was going to say `die' to his dead Godfather who he was talking to right now! He couldn't bring himself to say it, for the first time not through guilt though but for the strangeness of the situation, Harry had to laugh at what was happening, Sirius quickly joined him with the laughter.

`Laughing at my tragic death, Harry…How could you be so insensitive? And forgetting my Christmas present, that hurt!' Sirius declared with fake pain in his voice before letting out his usual laugh `To be honest there is one thing that's really annoying me, I got killed by that damn cousin of mine, Bella! James won't stop laughing saying how it took Voldemort himself to get him! He was bad enough when he had escaped him a few times, now this is his argument to everything!'

`What! James…you mean my Dad's here?' Harry said, excitement gripping him, before he knew it he was quickly scanning the room looking for his father.

`Ahhh, sorry Harry, He's not here, he's on the other side, didn't mean to get you all riled up like that, honest' Sirius spoke fast, apologizing as quick as possible before sighing `And I'm sorry but I can tell you why either'.

`And why the hell not Sirius?' Harry shouted out fiercely, he felt like he had been made to get his hopes up only for them to be dashed purposely.

`Manners Potter! And you will call me Professor Black at all times' Sirius said slimily impersonating Snape causing the pair to laugh before Sirius answered Harry's question `Well, to be honest I'm not entirely sure, I have my ideas, but I can't tell you them either, Lily would kill me, you know rules being rules!'

At this Harry smiled, so his parents were together still and Sirius was with them, as Harry thought this the fire illuminating the room burned brighter, seeming to match Harry's joy. The idea that those he had loved, those that had been murdered by Voldemort in their attempt to protect him, were together and judging by what he saw and heard from Sirius, they were all happy. Harry thought that now he had enough happy memories to win against any battle with Dementors ever again, one enemy down at least he thought happily.

`So then, why have you come here then, just for a chat I suppose, afterlife getting dull?' Harry asked cheekily, still staring at his Godfather, the realization of what was happening was only just sinking in `or have you actually got a purpose?'

`There is a purpose I'm here…' Sirius began before Harry cut him off.

`For once you have a purpose, being dead is agreeing with you!' Harry teased, the smile across his face was growing ever larger as he enjoyed the banter with Sirius.

`You cheeky beggar' Sirius chuckled looking affectionately at Harry `Well I see falling in Love is agreeing with you!' He teased back.

`What?' Harry said genuinely bewildered `…Oh, you mean Ginny. Falling in Love's a bit strong, I like her and all, but sorry to tell you, we broke up.'

`Ginny? What you talking about? Oh I remember now, well if you say so…' Sirius said cryptically, confusing Harry even more `I was worrying you might be digging Ron myself!' Sirius joked.

`No!' Harry gasped in shock.

`Not Draco?' Sirius asked mocking deadly seriousness.

`Oh cut it out…at least I've had a girlfriend!' Harry said catching on to Sirius' wind up, `So why you here…' Harry asked and having realized how mean that what he was saying to a dead man was a little mean, added in a little joke `Beloved Godfather?'

`Beloved Godfather? Think I'll be that from now on instead of Professor Black, Potter' Sirius said adopting his Snape impression again. Harry realized that he must have been doing that a lot to James, seeing as it came so naturally to him now `So then, down to business, as I said before I don't have all the answers, only ideas, and Lily wont let me tell you everything… damn rules!' Sirius ended with a sigh, looking rather frustrated at this turn of events.

`Oh for heaven sake, deliberate pun by the way Beloved Godfather, you're a Marauder, break the rules, and if you cant, bend them enough to tell me' Harry said, he knew this tactic would work and as he saw the mischievous glint practically explode back into Sirius eyes, his face lighting up with the spirit of a Marauder.

`You're right Harry, for the first time in your life I might add, but you're right' Sirius said, obviously to Harry he was doing some quick thinking formulating a plan, `So you need Horcruxes, and to get them you need help, you and Hermione ca… and Ron, cant do it all. So why cant I help, just a little, point you in the right diretion, I know its against the rules, and Lily will be mad, James will be fine, find it funny, what could happen…'.

`Stop skirting the issue and tell me something Sirius!' Harry interrupted, frustrated by how long Sirius was taking, at this he saw a small glint enter Sirius' eye.

`Interrupting is a bad thing, Potter, 10 points from Gryffindor, and you will call me Mr. B!' Sirius said in his more angry Snape impression, staring intently at Harry as he said this. The look in his face reminded Harry of his second year when Dobby was trying to tell him about Tom Riddle with a rather pathetic clue. What could the clue be?

`Sirius can…' Started Harry before Sirius cut in front of him.

`MR. B!' Sirius demanded again, the Snape impression gone as Sirius desperation increased.

`What?' Harry responded confusedly.

`Mr. B, Mr. Black, Sirius Black, S B, S dot B, come on Harry, S dot B, Black,' Sirus was getting more worked up as thoughts were spinning through his head, trying to think of where this sounded familiar from `S dot B, Black, the Black family, S DOT FREAKING B!' Sirius shouted the last part in aggravation, with this the pieces dropped into place in Harry's head.

`S.B, Black, R.A.B, Regulus Black' Harry said quietly, thinking of the fake Horcrux that he and Dumbledore had collected on the night of Dumbledore's death. The fake Horcrux had helped to kill Dumbledore that night, as in order to procure it meant that Dumbledore was greatly weakened to the point of him dying, as Malfoy surprised him… Harry shook the thoughts from his head, now was definitely not the time. Harry looked into Sirius face, shining at how proud he was and gave Harry a little nod. At this the room changed quickly, the friendly fire got brighter, harsher, and seemingly angry. Harry had to shield his eyes from the near explosion of fury from the room, Sirius though seemed immune although a little disappointed.

`That's my time over Harry,' Sadness was etched in Sirius' voice, Harry could see it in the slight tear that escaped his eye `I'm proud of you Harry, no matter what happens remember that. I have faith in you. Remember one last thing, We Love you here and we're waiting for you, and there is someone back with you who does as well, don't hide from it. And when you come you can save me from James and Lily's love fest!' Sirius laughed out as the room got brighter and brighter so that all was eclipsed in light. As Harry looked around unable to see, the bright white light quickly started to disappear and the room quickly started getting darker and darker `Now Run back the way you came, now!' Sirius demanded with a final fatherly hug pushing Harry away.

Harry knew that Sirius was telling the truth, the impending darkness told him this; he had to get back, and quickly. Running up the steps and out the door was no problem, but the darkness was increasing upon him, the circular room was near pitch black, Harry was sprinting now, his steps getting harder and more purposefully with each. Through the next door and Harry was into the final corridor, now Harry couldn't see a thing wjhich caused Harry to trip, smashing his knee upon the hard floors of the corridor. With the feeling of blood trickling down his leg Harry was worried, but the fear of not reaching the corridor quickly overrode this. Upon standing straight on his leg Harry realized the knee was smashed, but Harry had to get there otherwise he knew that all would be lost, he didn't know how, but he knew it would be. Limping and breathing hard with the feeling of weight upon his smashed knee Harry approached where he had started from, but nothing happened when he got there. Looking around in panic he started to search the walls with his hands for another door out of there. Harry knew he had taken too long, was all lost? He closed his eyes in response to try and think, to blank out the pain from his knee and work out what to do.

The darkness of his closed eyes was brighter than the corridor, like a light was shining on the other side of his eyes. As he opened them he saw he was back in his room, on his bed, the room that had previously belonged to Sirius. His Beloved Godfather he thought, letting out a loud laugh at the feeling of relaxation and excitement spread through his body. He had made it. Then he heard a voice he recognized though didn't know who it was, the voice which he couldn't work out was male of female, said 3 simple words:

`You Know Who'

*

Well that's chapter 4, I'm quite pleased with it, and I love Sirius and enjoyed writing him. You know what I'm not pleased with though? 12 reviews! 10 thousand odd words across 3 chapters, with about 1500 reads and 12 reviews! I know this is my first fan fic so probably not that good for you readers, although I like it but I'm bias, but no one reviews it. Not even flamers! Is it that much of nothingness? Let me know if it is and then I can just stop posting and thus stop damaging my very fragile confidence! Sympathy reviews anyone? Next chapter is nearly finished, but want a few reviews before posting it, Ginnys in it, amongst others, and it's more wizarding fun!


-->