Unofficial Portkey Archive

Quiet Revelations by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Quiet Revelations

jms granger

Lost and Hidden Enemies

`So, Severus, why are you here today, paying respects to the bride?' Harry said with a sneer worthy of Snape himself.

Harry couldn't see a way out of this, they were both wandless while Snape had his trained mercilessly on Harry's neck. Rain had started to fall heavily, his shirt clinging softly to his chest. The rain was making it hard to see him, to watch him as closely as he needed to. Harry knew he wasn't the kind to get emotional and let his guard slip, Snape didn't have emotions as far as Harry could tell. The only chance he could think of was that Voldemort had still condemned him to death by his own hands, but what about Hermione, she didn't have Voldemorts `protection'. He would have to try and escape, both unarmed.

`Potter, I may not be you're professor anymore but If you haven't realized I am the one with the wand to your throat, so I still demand your respect' Snape said reminiscent of being in a classroom, `Of course though you've had many wands pointed at you, all in a days work for the great Harry Potter'.

`Still not answering questions are you, Severus, what are you doing here, or shall I believe you're that desperate for my company?' Harry said, he knew this was a good tactic, Snape would never be able to let him have the last word.

`You're sounding more and more like you're father everyday' Snape sneered, his face distorting so much that his face looked beast like, inhuman `you're arrogance is finally reaching his precipice, Potter'.

Hearing Snape do his usual sneering comments towards him made him remember Sirius and especially his new Snape impression `That'll be 10 points from Slytherin, Snape, and you will call me Mr. Potter' impressed of how good his impression was he added the sneer in his face. Hermione next to him gasped inaudible, Harry was only able t know it happened by the sharp exhale of breath to his side. Her arm went out and held tightly onto his arm, the felling sent a shiver through his body making Harry realize even more what he stood to lose from this meeting.

The reaction by Snape was worth it, his face had contorted into rage for a few moments as he was unable to respond, before recovering to speak.

`You're lucky that the Dark Lord wants you to himself, Potter, but I must remind you of the fact that you're little girlfriend isn't protected…' The coldness in his voice sent a chill out into the air, seeming to extinguish all the remaining heat from the night.

Snapes' movements were so quick that Harry could barely understand what was happening. His wand came up as he shouted `Crucio', for barely a moment Hermione's screams echoed through the night, disappearing before her body hit the ground. Harry dropped to his knees holding Hermione in a tight embrace, tears falling from his eyes as he felt Hermione shaking in his grip, a look of shock and pain etched on her face. She was drenched from the puddle she had fallen in, mud encasing both of them.

`You…You…' but he couldn't find the words, no swear word he knew could describe the hatred he felt for Snape, for hurting the best friend he loved.

`I've made you speechless, Potter, If I knew this was how to do that she would have had a much more worse time in class' Snape said, a small trace of humor in his voice as he watched Harry standing up, holding Hermione slightly behind him, `but you full well know that she barely felt it, it was for a half second, and remember that I can make it much more fun for us all.'

Harry knew this was true, he had to be more sensible, anyway he angered Snape was going to comeback on Hermione. He collected himself before speaking confidently `so, Severus, what are you actually doing here, may I ask so pleasantly?' Harry said mockingly.

`Better, Potter, much better. Now if you know what's good for the two of you you'll carry on like that, knowing you though I'm sure she'll be getting a lot more pain in the next couple minutes.' Snape sneered, a malicious smile playing across his lips. `Tell me what you know, what have you been doing this summer?' Snape commanded.

Harry squirmed under his stare, he knew what was coming, and he tried to empty his brain of what they'd discovered, of seeing Sirius again. The surrounding lake started to shimmer before his eyes, as he tried to block out any meaningful memory as images started playing on his sight, Ron was bewitching books to chase Dudley about the house, Hermione was holding him as he talked of what was happening, he was on top of Hermione after falling over her, he couldn't stop Snape as he searched his mind and Sirius came into sight, holding Harry in a fatherly hug, the word Horcrux and Regulus Black came from Sirius' lips before the images stopped.

Snape stared bewildered at Harry, a lot of quick thinking was evident from behind his eyes as he slowly got back his composure. `Interesting, very interesting… I would recommend you to practice Occlumency but I know you aren't capable, the Dark Lord will read your mind with pathetic ease. But you're getting quite far along now, worrying for us'.

`Worrying is right, soon I will kill Voldemort and then I'm after you' Harry nearly shouted, his inability to close his mind had him tearing at himself, anger bubbling through his body.

`You still cant control you're emotions I see, still pathetically obtuse, you will fail impossibly easy, no one will be left to mourn your death' Snape sneered.

`Harry won't fail, he's a greater wizard than you will ever be!' Hermione said, soft tears dropping from her face, a small shake of her body still showing the Crucio that she had been hit by.

`So, your girlfriend finally spoke up, and I hadn't even asked a question!' Snape sneered, his attention focused on Harry disregarding Hermione as if he couldn't bare to look at her.

`You still won't say why you're here? If I call you professor will that get you tell me something?' Harry said, trying to keep his anger under control.

`Patience, another thing you don't have Potter' Snape sneered, looking intently at Harry `As I long to remove myself from you're company I will end this. The Dark Lord wants to give you a message' Snape paused, his usual flair for dramatics making him mask the pause under thought that Harry knew didn't exist.

`Come on, Severus, as you say I'm inpatient, don't kill me here' Harry said mockingly.

`The Dark lord wants to finish this now and for you to send word with me as to where and when. Now I know you wont, cowardice is in you're blood after all. The second part is that you are going in a dangerous direction, the wrong direction, and that your friends will die and the ones you trust will turn against you. Do you want this to happen? Think carefully and long before you continue what you're doing…' Snape said, his voice simple, like he was teaching in class once again.

`Thank you, Severus, but you won't stop me, tell your boss that. I'm coming for him' Harry said, the threats of death and betrayal had shaken him, Voldemort knew a lot, and wondering if this was true was on the front of his mind.

Snape stared questioningly at Harry before raising his wand up at Harry `You will never learn will you, not all is what you think. One last thing, you will be getting information soon if you haven't already got it. Do not follow the information.' Snape said a confidant finality in his voice. `I will be seeing you again soon, Potter, Granger' Snape said.

The crack that meant Snape had disapparated resounded through the night relaxed Harry, he whirled around and took Hermione in his arms. He was amazed that he had managed to get her out of the situation, he was so worried for her, and she had felt the effects of a Crucio because he had been foolish once again.

`Harry…I was so scared' Hermione sobbed out, tears slurring her speech, as he felt her trembling in his arms. He leaned back and looked at her face, her eyes were puffy and tear soaked, her lower lip was trembling. She was soaked from the rain, mud was splattered across one of her cheeks from her fall but she looked fine, if a little battered. It was his instant feeling to look away, but he wouldn't allow himself to escape this, he had caused this pain to one of the people he loved most, probably the person he loved the most.

`Hermione, I'm so sorry, to go wandering of like that was stupid, to lead you into this was…was…I couldn't bare it if I lost you' Harry said, looking into her tear soaked eyes.

`It wasn't your fault…do you think he was telling the truth about you being betrayed?' Hermione said with fear in her voice.

`I wouldn't believe a word he said, he killed Dumbledore! I'm just happy we got away safe, that you weren't even more hurt' Harry said placing his hand on her heart, it was beating fast, he knew she was scared `don't worry we'll be ok, I promise.'

Hermione was staring at Harry as intently as he was, her soft beautiful eyes were the only thing he could see now, and all the rest had drawn out from his sight so he could focus on the beauty in front of him. She was beautiful, and Harry couldn't bear to see the pain in his eyes and he knew he would do anything to let the hurt escape from her heart.

The moments got longer and longer as they stared into each other eyes, the moment laid with tension. Harry felt himself being mentally pulled towards her, as he moved his lips closer to her face, the beads of rain coming slowly down her face, dripping of her lips. His lips moving closer to hers, he saw an unreadable look in her eyes, a look that told him he wasn't doing anything wrong, but didn't reveal if it was right.

The small amount of breathe coming in short bursts from her mouth were now on his lips, warming him softly, the need to feel her lips on his was unbearable, he moved slightly closer once more as she inclined her face up, tilting it up so Harry's lips could connect.

Harry pushed in softly feeling Hermione's lips against his own, the fire in his chest exploding as he run his palms up to her face, holding her face against his, feeling her lips soft against his own, pushing lovingly as Harry opened his mouth. He traced his tongue softly against Hermione's lower lip, waiting for her to open her mouth. Her hands came up slowly to his chest, pausing on his upper body for a moment. No thoughts were in Harry's head except the burning need for this to continue.

Hermione hands on his chest suddenly went tense, her lips still refusing Harry's tongue entrance, before pushing him harshly away, Harry's lips still searching for the kiss he had just lost. A look of panic was across her face.

`I'm going back' she said a little harshly, turning on her heel before walking away fast.

Harry's brain was reeling with a million questions swarming his brain, why had he kissed her, why had she kissed back and why was she running away back to the Weasleys, back to Ron. Back to Ron and Ginny. He knew he couldn't go back there, not after that.

`Hermione, wait!' he shouted after her, she turned around about 15 meters from him. She took stock still eyeing him with something close to fury in her eyes as the rain fell heavily on her face, not taking a step closer waiting for Harry to speak `I'm going back to Grimmauld, can you tell everyone' Harry shouted again. The anger was still in her eyes as she turned once again on her heel and stormed away.

The rain started falling harder on Harry's head in response to Hermione's escape, the heat that had briefly erupted in his chest being frozen by the pain and confusion he now felt. Harry knew things could never be the same, he had just kissed his best friend, his other best friend loved her, and what about Ginny…

This was going to destroy everything more than anything Snape could ever do, more than Voldemort himself could ever dream of destroying. Was Love and friendship now going to disappear from his life? Had Voldemort won again…

*

So that's chapter 7, hope you enjoyed it. Sorry it took so long to get out, been a crazy few days, and girls are very mad! No offence to you guys as I love you all, but the girls I know are mad! It's quite a bit shorter than the other chapters, but to make up for this fact the next chapter will be posted tomorrow, Sunday at the latest…am I forgiven? The next chapter will be good, one of my favorites I've written… forgiven now? Please?

Well, reviews have been great, and I'm very happy, thank you to: Cutie Claud (who's oh so adorably cute in my head! I'm crushing now!), Diana Black (love the word obtuseness you used in the review and used it in your honor), Hornetnetmike (all your worries will be explained), Spaz82 (whose reviews make me smile!), Magorian (Harry is sooo sorry for his bad language, and he has apologeized.) HappyLady (I love when people write all in capitals, a lost art form in my opinion!) Remolina (you got your H/Hr kiss you needed!) GuruJerry (Hope this chapter is better for you, next will definitely be) the real HOPE (thank you sooo much for your nice words!) FlameFlameYeah (thank you for the constructive criticism, I took it on, read paragraph coming up) Lorel (love the name, where have you been hiding seeing as this was your first review!) S.K (I wanna know what your name stands for, please?) Stu14688 (hope this is less confusing?). Thank you guys.

But now you guys have given yourself a benchmark that you have to live up to! Not joking, 15 reviews for the last chapter, so I want a bare minimum of 10! Please? Other wise I promise I will go ion another bitchy rant! I've given you H/Hr first kiss, and an unforgivable, that must be worth a review!

One last thing, I have no Beta and would like one, my English isn't perfect and I could do with help. So I'm looking for one, don't know how to get one, but if someone's qualified and would like the job, let me know! Thank you, and hope you enjoyed it. REVIEW!!!


-->