Unofficial Portkey Archive

Nanny Wanted by MisCard
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Nanny Wanted

MisCard


~A/N> Sorry that this update took a little longer than the others and that the chapter is shorter than usual, but it's been a really rough week. My back injections did not go well, they made my back pain worse, and on top of that my Grandma died Tuesday morning. So I did my best to finish up this chapter, and I don't know when I will update again. I will try to post another chapter next week, there's probably only a couple left until this story is finished. Thank you for all the wonderful reviews on the last chapter, and I hope you enjoy this one as much, if not more. And I know it's late, but if you would like to see a picture of the dress I based Hermione's Ball Gown off of, you can see it here: http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=7225pbT7K&i=721290


After Hermione came out of Harry's office, Lisa watched as she made her way around the room, graciously talking to everyone who introduced themselves. She had noticed the faint blush on Hermione's cheeks, and when she saw the cat-who-ate-the-canary look on Harry's face when he emerged, she was pretty sure that something major had just occurred between them. Walking up to her employer and friend, she smiled and asked, "Having a good time?"

"Yes I am," Harry replied, "How about you? Are you having fun?"

"Well I was, until I was hunted down by..."

"Harry dear, I've been looking all over for you!" Molly Weasley said, walking up to them and interrupting their conversation.

"I can see why," Harry replied quietly to Lisa as he realized she had been making a reference to the pushy witch standing before him. Turning toward the portly woman he said, "Hello Molly, how are you this fine evening?"

"I would be much better if you would tell me why you have broken my poor little girl's heart," she replied, giving him a very pouty, upset look that showed him that Ginny had learned from the best.

"What heart?" Harry mumbled, causing Lisa to start laughing. At the angry glare Mrs. Weasley turned on her, Lisa quickly stopped laughing and excused herself from the tense situation. Looking her in the eyes, Harry said, "Look, Molly, I'm sorry if Ginny is upset that we're not together anymore, but it wasn't working out between us. I think of her more as a sister than a wife, and to tell you the truth, she wasn't much of a mother figure for James and Lily. They need a woman in their lives that will think of them as her own, not like two nuisances that take up too much of my time."

"She thought no such thing!" Molly exclaimed, looking horrified that he could say such a thing about her daughter.

"Really? Then why didn't she ever spend any time with them by herself?" Harry asked, getting more angry by the second. "She always passed them off to Lisa or Hermione, and when she came to see me earlier tonight she had the nerve to spitefully call James a mute while he was in the room with us. If you want to pretend that your daughter is a woman that can do no wrong, go right ahead, but I suggest you find a blind and deaf man for her to marry or she may just die an old maid."

"Oh yes, Hermione, your new nanny," she said with angry disdain, "Ginny told me all about how friendly your new employee is. Really Harry, your behavior with the people that work for you is shameful."

Grinding his teeth together in a desperate attempt to control his anger and stop himself from saying what was on his mind, Harry ground out, "Molly, I've always thought of you like a surrogate Mother, so I'm going to respectfully ask you not to say another word. I'm sorry that you are upset that I'm no longer with your daughter, but you have absolutely no right to speak poorly about the people that work for me when you don't know them at all. If you wish to preach to someone, I suggest you go find Ginny and impart your Motherly wisdom to her."

While Mrs. Weasley stood there angrily sputtering at him, he excused himself and quickly made his way to the opposite side of the room. He thought to himself how glad he was that his best mate Ron, Ginny's older brother, wasn't able to attend that night thanks to Quidditch obligations. He was sure he would be hearing from his friend about it soon though, but thankfully he would have time to think of a way to pacify Ron between now and then. At least he had Molly out of the way, and hopefully Ginny had finally gotten the hint that he wouldn't be taking her back after their earlier confrontation.

The next two hours were spent catching up with old friends and courteously talking with important people from the Ministry. He'd also had to share a friendly dance or two with some of the Ministry official's wives who wanted to dance with the famous Harry Potter, all the while wishing it was Hermione in his arms instead of the older witches. He had seen her dancing with a couple of other wizards and tried to ignore the knot of unease he felt when he saw her in their arms.

Finally, at half past midnight, the final guests said their goodnight's and took their leave. As Lisa and Hermione helped with the clean up, Harry made his way upstairs to check on James and Lily, finding them fast asleep in their beds. Going back downstairs, he met Hermione as she made her way out of the Kitchen and smiled at her tired appearance. "Long night?" he asked.

"It was, but it was fun. I haven't danced that much in a long time," she answered sleepily. Stifling a yawn, she asked, "Is there anything else you needed me to do before I turn in for the night?"

With his thoughts drifting back to their encounter in his office, Harry gazed into her eyes and answered, "No, nothing else. Thank you for everything you did tonight."

"Alright, goodnight then," she replied, trying to ignore the fluttering that started in her stomach as she had seen his eyes darken after she asked her question. Passing by him, she made her way up the stairs to her room, thinking of how she couldn't wait to take her dress off and take a hot, relaxing shower.

Once in her room, she carefully took off her dress, hanging it immediately in her closet so as not to ruin it. Depositing her jewelry back into her jewelry box, she grabbed her favorite robe off of her bed and made her way into the bathroom. After standing under the hot spray of water for about twenty minutes, she reluctantly turned the water off and stepped out of the shower stall. After toweling off, she slipped into her robe and proceeded to remove all the makeup she wore. Feeling like herself once again, she slid her feet into her slippers and made her way out of the steam-filled room, stopping immediately when she saw Harry sitting on the side of her bed waiting for her.

"W-What are you doing in my room?" she asked, startled and angry at her traitorous heart, which had started beating rapidly in excitement at the sight of him.

He sat quietly for a moment, taking in the fluffy white robe and matching slippers she wore while wondering if she wore anything underneath it, and then said, "I'm here because I can't stop thinking about what happened in my office earlier this evening."

Hermione's eyes widened as he stood and then started to slowly close the distance between them and she stuttered, "Oh, w-well I, uh...I..."

Unable to form a coherent thought at that moment, she watched as he stopped directly in front of her and reached his hand out to caress her cheek. "I keep thinking how damn good it felt to hold you, how much I want you...I couldn't just go to bed as if nothing happened tonight when I can't get you out of my head."

"I-I'm just not sure that we should do...this," she said lamely, his words swimming around in her head as she thought about how affected she had been by his kisses. "What happened before, in your office, was...lovely...but it really shouldn't happen again." She felt her cheeks grow hot as she remembered how his mouth had felt on her breasts and then silently admonished herself for dwelling on something that should never have happened. "You just ended things with Miss Weasley, and I don't want to do something that could upset James and Lily. They've been through so much as it is, they deserve to be able to spend quality time with you, without having to share you with anyone."

"Actually, what I have in mind is something that James and Lily will never know about, and I don't love Ginny," he replied, taking in her suddenly flushed appearance. "I was weak and foolish, and I allowed her Mother to push her on me at a time when I was vulnerable and lonely. She was simply a warm body in bed next to me...one that I never got to know intimately." When he saw how surprised she looked, he smiled sadly and explained, "I've been out with two women since Luna died, Ginny and one other that is meant for friendship only, and with both I wasn't interested in taking it to a physical level. But you...I haven't wanted anyone the way I want you, and it's almost frightening how easily I lose control around you."

Hermione stood there staring into his gorgeous eyes, the desire in her body warring with the logic in her brain, and knew that her body was winning. She had never wanted someone as much as she wanted the man that was standing in front of her, not even Brian who had been her first and only lover. When Harry reached out and took hold of the tie that held her robe closed she didn't move to stop him, she just continued to keep eye contact with him. She felt the tie fall undone and shivered as the cold air hit her heated skin. Harry parted her robe and then let his eyes trail from hers, taking in every inch of her.

Unable to fight it anymore, Hermione gave in to her desire and reached up to the buttons on Harry's shirt, undoing them one by one. Harry wrapped his arms around her waist and the feel of his hands on her back sent tingles up her spine. When she finally got the last button undone, she slid the shirt down his arms and marveled at his chest. He wasn't a muscular man, but he was well built, with wide, strong shoulders, a chest with a spattering of hair, and a flat stomach. Unable to resist, Hermione placed both her hands flat on his chest and slid them slowly down toward his stomach, relishing how hot his skin was under her palms and fingers.

Sucking in his breath, Harry shook his shirt from his arms where it had been hanging and taking hold of her robe, immediately slid it down her arms and tossed it onto the floor. Trying to ignore the embarrassment she felt at being completely naked in front of him, Hermione undid his trousers, waited for him to take off his shoes and socks, and disposed of them quickly, along with his boxers.

They both stood face-to-face once again, each of them openly letting their gazes roam over the other's body. Harry was the first to move as he closed the distance between them and took her into his arms. Harry captured her lips and poured every ounce of passion he was feeling for her into the kiss, causing her knees to buckle with the intensity. Scooping her into his arms, Harry walked her over to the bed and lay her down gently. Settling himself carefully atop her, he remained unmoving while he studied her face, making her a little uncomfortable with his scrutiny.

"What is it?" she asked quietly, afraid of what his answer might be as all of her insecurities came crashing down around her.

"You're so beautiful," he replied with a gentle smile. "I knew from the first day you came to work here that there was something special about you, and that you were a wonderful person. But the more time I spent with you, the more I noticed the little things like the sprinkle of freckles across your nose and cheeks, the gold flecks in your eyes that sparkle in the sunlight, and the loving way you look at Lily and James when you think no one is looking. You are an amazing woman."

He kissed her again as he let one of his hands explore every inch of her body that it could reach. When he was done, Hermione lay panting underneath him, almost begging him to join them and make them one. As he positioned himself to do just that, Hermione quietly said, "Please go slow, I've only been with one other man, and that was some time ago."

"I would never do anything to hurt you," he replied, brushing his lips across hers in a whisper of a kiss. He slid into her as slowly as his waning restraint would allow, and once he was fully enveloped in her warmth they started the dance that so many lovers before them had danced, completely lost in one another.