Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dragon Tears: The Next Generation by JazzyGeorgie
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dragon Tears: The Next Generation

JazzyGeorgie

This chapter was automatically imported from the story archive available on /r/HPharmony.

Please report any issues by using the Report as broken button!

A/N: If you haven't already, please check out "Crescent Moon" and "Dragon Tears". This is a sequel to "Dragon Tears" and follows the Malfoy/Potter/Weasley children through Hogwarts.

---

New Generation

"MUM! Have you seen my new dress robes? They're not in the trunk like you said they were!" a voice called from upstairs.

"Look in there again, Marissa. If they aren't there then look in your closet," Ginny yelled back up the stairs balancing her daughter's owl in his cage in one hand and her books in the other.

"Here," Draco walked in and grabbed the books from her setting them down by the door. "What's she yelling about now?"

"Her new dress robes. Again," Ginny sighed giving him a resigned smile, holding out the owl's cage.

"Take Chloe and I'll go look."

She shoved the owl into Draco's hands and ran up the stairs.


"Did you find them?" Ginny walked into her eleven year old daughter's room.

"Yes…under everything in the trunk," Marissa locked it and turned around.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Ginny asked looking quickly around the room full of everything from her own drawings to Quidditch posters to a photo of a dragon her Uncle Charlie had taken.

"YES, stop asking," Marissa said grumpily, grabbing her trunk and dragging it out of her room. Ginny cast a levitating spell on it and they followed it down the stairs.

"You take forever!" a voice piped up from the area of the kitchen. Marissa's ten year old brother came out with a cookie in his hand. Marissa just stuck her tongue out at him.

"Stop," Draco said, heading off the argument before it began.

"Alright…trunk, books, owl, wand…anything else?" he asked Marissa who shook her head, causing her long strawberry blond hair to shift around her shoulders.

"When can I go?" Devon asked, knowing full well he needed to be eleven. His father shot him a look and he quickly ran down the hall to find his shoes.

"I'm ready!" a chorus of voices yelled.

Ginny turned and found the littlest Malfoy's running in from the living room, each in their respective pairs of shoes.

"See, even eight year olds can get ready faster!" Devon shot out to Marissa, returning with shoes in hand.

"Sod it, Dev," Marissa mumbled.

Ginny could tell that their oldest daughter was clearly nervous about entering her first year at Hogwarts. She had confessed she was nervous about the Sorting Ceremony, having parents from rivaling houses. Each parent had assured her it didn't matter which house she was sorted into, as long as she did her best and behaved.

"Are Uncle Ron and Aunt Samantha here yet?" Devon looked out the window of their house on the outskirts of London.

He always said they were his favorite Aunt and Uncle, probably because he did see them more than the others but also because he loved the fact that Samantha was a Muggle and she had stories that amazed him every time he and his brothers and sisters saw her.

"Any minute now," Ginny said, bending down and tying a pair of shoes, then another…finally waving her hand over them causing the laces to tie themselves.

She had thought it was a cruel joke when the healer at St. Mungo's said they were going to have triplets. She and Draco thought that three would be a nice number, but that was total number of kids, not all at once.

Apparently, Ginny and Draco were told, if they had paid attention in Astronomy, to the bit of Astrology they had covered, "if you conceived when Mars was aligned with Venus and the moon was full…." Ginny was completely lost after the first few sentences the healer had expounded. But, in a nutshell, your chances of multiples were MUCH higher if conceived at this time…which explained Fred and George.

The triplets were born on their twin uncle's birthday, April 1st and Draco had laughed until he almost fell down when he found out his triplets were to be born on that day. There had been many twists and turns thrown their way in the past eleven years but he truly thought that triplets were the funniest one yet. That was the one point Ginny didn't agree with him on.

Devon was the only one born right on his due date of February 20th, and Ginny was fortunate enough to give birth to him the normal way. She was delighted when his dark blue eyes changed to hazel, and always thought he was cute with the blond hair and dark eyes.

The eight year olds weren't identical, and Ginny was grateful for that small favor.

Derek looked just like his father, blond hair and the same blue eyes; Erin (named after Samantha's middle name) had the strawberry blond hair and hazel eyes and Dixon had darker blond hair and also the hazel eyes.

Ginny had no intention of naming all her boys with the letter "D" but after Hermione had given Draco some Muggle Baby Name book he thought these names had strong sounding meanings and Ginny wasn't about to say "No"-- since she actually liked the names too and he seemed to be into something that was Muggle, even if it was a book.

And, poor Hermione had experienced the same Astrology line up as Ginny had. They had blamed all this on their husbands as they had decided to vacation at Draco and Ginny's house in Spain and conceived the children at the same time. Harry and Hermione had their triplet girls two days before Ginny gave birth.

The Potter girls that were exactly like Hermione intelligence wise, except they all loved flying and Quidditch. Luckily her girls weren't identical either and fit the broad spectrum of looks; two with their father's green eyes and one with Hermione's brown.

A loud pop sounded in the foyer and Devon went running to his Uncle Ron, who swept him up in a manly hug then set him down.

"Hey everyone," Ron held an owl cage in his hand and James came walking behind him, followed by his younger brother Jeremy who was nine and promptly tackled Devon until their fathers grabbed them by their collars and held them up off the floor.

"We're just playing!" Jeremy protested.


"Knock it off," Samantha said sternly, patting Erin's head, then placing a kiss on top.

"Are Harry and Hermione meeting us at the station?" Ron asked and Ginny nodded.


So, with a lot of scrambling around, lots of hand holding and the rules explained yet again about side along apparition the entire group disapparated from Ginny and Draco's foyer and appeared in what was a designated safe spot at the station. Making sure no Muggles were anywhere near their magically camouflaged area, they all ducked out from behind a pillar and began the walk to Platform 9