Unofficial Portkey Archive

Marriage of (In)convenience by ladylaughalot
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Marriage of (In)convenience

ladylaughalot

MOI - Chapter 5

A/N ~ Scout this one is for you.

Disclaimer ~ No it is no mine I make no money from this I'm just having fun.

**** Snogfest alert****

Meanwhile back at the Burrow.

Ron sat at the table in the kitchen of his parents house, his forehead resting against the wooden table. He was seriously considering bashing his head against it and probably would have if it wasn't for the fact that he already had a thumping headache. It had started from the moment he had walked in the door and hadn't let up for the last two days. Nothing could be said either by his mother or by Ginny without the subject of Harry and Hermione being brought up and frankly the last thing Ron wanted to talk about at the moment was Harry and Hermione. Not because he had any problem with them doing what they were probably doing it was just something he preferred not to think about if he could possibly help it.

`Oh Ron,' Molly said suddenly, tapping her wooden spoon against the side of a large saucepan simmering gently on the stove.

`I'm making Bolognese for dinner tonight.'

Ron finally lifted his head from the kitchen table his eyes wide and a smile on his face for the first time in days.

`Really?' He was salivating at the mere thought of it.

`Yes,' Molly replied a maternal smile on her face, `why don't you see if Harry and Hermione would like to come over for dinner?'

`Oh My GOD!' Ron roared in frustration, `WHY?' He demanded, `Why can't you just give it a rest?'

`Because I'm worried!' Molly said her own frustration becoming evident.

`You showed up here two days ago saying you just wanted to spend a little time at home, and for the first time since you started at Hogwarts you haven't asked if Harry and Hermione could come and stay AND whenever anyone asks what there up to you or why they aren't coming to visit you snap at them.' She put her hands on her hips

`Have you had a falling out? Is that it?'

`No Mum, there was no falling out!' Ron snapped his forehead now firmly planted on the table.

`Well then explain it to me! I don't understand, I mean it's great that you wanted to spend some time with your family but you're just behaving so oddly! You don't even seem to want to talk about Harry and Hermione.'

`NO I don't I'm sick of it! I came home to spend a few days with my family and all I'm getting is harassment about Harry and Hermione after two days I'm sick of the sound of their names.'

`Well if you'd just explain why…' Molly began, but she never got to finish.

`That's it I'm out of here.' Ron said standing abruptly, `I'm going back to Grimmauld place maybe if I'm actually with Harry and Hermione I won't be talking about them All the Time.'

With that Ron turned on his heal and apparated to Grimmauld Place.

Harry and Hermione were in the kitchen again. They were supposed to be making dinner, in reality they were just making out. Hermione was backed up against the counter her free arm snaked around Harry's neck and her hand threaded through his silky black hair. Harry was pressing himself into Hermione's softness one of his hands buried in the softness of her hair and the other clasped with her hand was resting on her hip gently encouraging her to press herself into him.

It had only been two days but Harry was defiantly getting used to married life. After their first tentative kisses on the sofa yesterday morning, kissing had become something of a regular occurrence between Harry and Hermione. Their second round of kissing was in the library while looking up obscure curses, hexes and shields. Harry had been watching Hermione read, while pretending to read himself, and he couldn't help staring at her lips. He had surprised Hermione and himself by leaning in and kissing her. He just hadn't been able to help himself and her lips had been just as warm soft and inviting as he'd remembered.

She had responded so well to his sudden kiss that it had emboldened him to kiss her at other times whenever the urge struck. So far his favourite had been in the bathroom with Hermione fresh from the shower, she'd been all warm and slightly damp from her shower and wrapped in only a towel. Unfortunately Hermione hadn't allowed that one to go on for too long, he'd barely gotten his arm around her when she'd pushed him away smiling. This latest snogging session was actually the first one that Hermione had initiated and it was their longest so far. Harry's hand dropped from Hermione's hip down to her thigh. Hermione responded by raising her knee up Harry's to hip. Harry slid their joined hands to under her knee and pushed his hips into hers.

Hermione groaned and tore her lips from Harry's breathing heavily. Harry took the opportunity to do something he'd been fantasizing about ever since he first kissed her and started trailing kisses down her neck. Hermione moaned Harry's name, Harry mumbled incoherently against her neck and the doorbell rang. Harry lifted his head feeling groggy, like he'd been woken suddenly from a very pleasant dream.

`What's that?' he said stupidly.

`Uh I think it's the doorbell.' Hermione replied breathlessly.

Harry looked down at his wife and smiled.

`Oh Hermione you're all messed.'

She smiled back at him as she attempted to straighten herself out.

`Your pretty messed up too you know.'

Harry laughed and flattened his hair down as they made their way to the front door. Opening the front door the found Ron standing on the step.

`I'm sorry to interrupt guys but we've got a problem, can I come in?'

`Sure of course,' Harry said standing back to allow Ron to enter.

They ushered Ron into the living room, Harry and Hermione took the sofa and Ron took an armchair. Ron looked at them sitting together holding hands and laughed.

`It's so weird to see you guys holding hands, but I bet you've done a good bit more than that by now eh?'

`Ron…' Harry said the warning heavily evident in his voice.

`Alright I'm sorry, seriously we do have a problem though.'

`Yes I believe we've established that Ron, but telling us what it is might help.' Hermione said the sharpness that had been missing from her tones over the last few days returned.

`It's my mum and Ginny and well all of my family really.'

`What about them? What's happened?' Harry asked slightly panicked.

`Oh nothings happened to them, they just won't leave me alone.' Ron said the exasperation of the last few days evident in his voice.

`How exactly is that our problem Ron?' Hermione asked in the same cutting tone of voice.

`I'll tell you how they're your problem. They keep wanting to know why I'm home without you guys and I'm running out of excuses. They're starting to think we've had a fight or something.'

`Oh' Harry said quietly.

`Yeah Oh, so what am I gonna do? If I don't tell them something you'll be lucky if they don't end up on your doorstep next. I don't suppose I can tell them you're on your honeymoon now can I?'

`NO!' said Harry quickly and immediately regretted it when he felt Hermione stiffen next to him.

`No Ron you can't tell them we're married don't be ridiculous!' Hermione snapped

`Look just tell them that we're all taking a bit of a holiday or something,' Harry said desperately.

`Yes tell them I've gone to stay with my parents for a bit as well,' Hermione added.

`And you can tell them I'm….' Harry trailed off unsure of what to say, `maybe just tell them I've gone to Godric's Hollow to sort through some things, say I wanted to go alone or something.'

Ron nodded his head thinking through the idea, Harry looked to Hermione to see what she thought but she just shrugged and looked away. A sense of foreboding settled in Harry's stomach, she was upset with him and he had a feeling he knew why.

`Yeah that's believable, I'll tell them that,' Ron was saying now, `Thanks guys.'

Ron was standing up.

`Well I better get going, leave you to it?' Ron said lifting his eyebrows and grinned madly at their discomfort.

`Alright see you later.' He said and apparated away.

Harry looked at Hermione and saw that she was again looking away from him. Even though they were holding hands he couldn't help but feel there was a huge gulf between them.

A/N ~ I know the ending is slightly angsty but I had to liven things up unfortunately I can't write a month's worth of pure fluff without it getting boring. Don't worry all's well that end's well.


-->