Unofficial Portkey Archive

False Prophecy by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

False Prophecy

Sirius Potter

False Prophecy

By: Sirius Potter

Chapter 4: The Beginning of the End

A/N: Thanks to everyone that reviewed, sadly as I start this chapter I only got one for each. It would be nice to average ten per chapter like I have on past stories. But it's been a while and I know I'm rusty. So the quality may not be as good as it used to be. But I promise this story kicks ass, and if you stick with it tell the end you will be happy you did!

Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were zipping around the Weasley residence trying to collect all of their things. They were set to head off to platform nine and three quarters in less then two hours. Harry looked up at them from his position at the kitchen table and gave a half hearted smile, he then glanced back down at the Daily Prophet and his smile was gone. There on the front page in very large print read "Massive Breakout at Azkaban" Harry read the article enough to understand what happened. All of the remaining loyal Dementors left, and everyone of Voldemorts imprisoned followers were now free. Including everyone he helped apprehend at the wedding, Fenrir Greyback, and the bitch that killed his godfather. Sick evil thoughts raced through Harry's head. He was almost happy she was free. He could now get his revenge on her.

Remus who was still staying at the Weasley's along with Tonks, noticed a troubled look on Harry's face and decided to strike up a conversation with him.

"So Harry what are your plans after you say goodbye too Hermione, Ron, and Ginny?"

Harry was immediately knocked out of his little trance of revenge and answered Remus. "I'm going to go to Gringotts, and get a check book I can use in the Muggle world, and go buy a house someplace in England far away from anyone, so I can start my research and training." Harry paused started to smile and then added "It's the beginning of the end for them."

"For who Harry, who else are you going after?" Remus asked with concern in his voice.

Harry pushed the news paper article towards Remus, and gave him a moment to read it and them answered "For Voldemort, Bellatrix, Snape, all of them Remus, it's time for this bull shit to end." Harry could see hearing the name Bellatrix upset Remus as much as it upset him so he changed the subject. "What about you Professor," Harry grew a great smile, he hadn't called Remus Professor in a long time. "How much longer are you and Tonks going to stay with the Weasley's?"

"Were going to go to Platform nine and three quarters too, and see everyone off. Then were going to move into Grimmauld Place, we'll both be on and off at Hogwarts to help guard it, and be off on missions here and there, you know same old same old."

It was moments like this Harry lived for, sure they were talking about killing Voldemort and his followers, but Harry was growing very close to Remus, he spent a lot of time with his former Professor. More so then he did with Sirius, he was afraid to admit for Remus's safety that he was growing more and more into a father figure for him.

Suddenly Mrs. Weasley broke the peace that Remus, and Harry were enjoying. "TIME TO GO!" Mrs. Weasley's voice magically amplified roared through the entire house.

Harry pulled out his wand and begun to speak "Accio Tr…" but Remus cut him off.

"Harry no! You have to learn it nonverbally."

"Remus, I would if I could but I'm not very good at nonverbal spells."

"Harry, perhaps its just that you were never explained how to do it properly. Do you remember how tough it was for you to use the summoning charm for the first time?" Harry thought hard and nodded his head yes to Remus, and then the werewolf continued "Well you had to do the charm perfectly and concentrate extremely hard, and now you can do it without even trying?"

"Well yes, I guess your right I never really thought of it like that, but that is how it was on all of the spells. But as you constantly remind me your no longer my Professor why the lesson?"

"I am just starting my payback for Grimmauld place early." Remus smiled and then continued "Well back to the lesson I want you do think back on how you did it for the first, how hard you concentrated and try to repeat it exactly just nonverbally. You got it?"

Harry didn't really respond to Remus, he wanted the magic to speak for himself. He refocused his attention on his wand and his trunk and thought about it coming to him, and how much he needed it more then ever. 'Accio Trunk' Harry thought loudly in his head.

Immediately there was a response, and within seconds his Trunk was in front of him.

"Ten points to Gryffindor." Remus said with a smile, and both Harry and himself erupted into enormous laughter.

"BLIMLEY HARRY! Your trunk nearly smacked me in the back of the head!" Ron yelled at Harry, as he stormed into the kitchen.

"Sorry mate." Harry said, trying to hold back laughter the look on Ron's face right now was priceless.

After nearly another half an hour everyone was finally ready to go, and they all gathered in front of the Burrow. It was a somber moment, everyone secretly feared that they would all never be here together again. With Ginny firmly clutching unto Remus's arm they all apparated to the Hogwarts express.

"Harry please reconsider coming with us!" Hermione begged as she pulled Harry into a giant bear hug.

"Yea, come one mate! It wont be the same without you." Ron said as soon as Hermione pulled away from Harry.

"I can't you guys know it." Harry was on the verge of tears, Hermione was already balling, and Ron looked like he could loose it any moment. "You take care of my quidditch team!" With that both Ron, and Harry lost it and Harry pulled him into a great big hug, though a lot more manly one then the one Hermione had just given him.

The train to Hogwarts blew its whistle loudly "Hurry up kids your going to miss the train." Mrs. Weasley interrupted

Ron, and Hermione looked at Harry as if they didn't want to leave their best friend, but both dashed of to join Ginny who was already on the train. Hermione paused when she got to the train entrance, dropped her stuff and dashed back to Harry and kissed him softly on the lips and whispered "I love you Harry Potter." And without letting Harry respond she dashed back and hopped into the train just in time as it took off. Luckily everyone was so busy rushing into the train this whole time to notice the teary good bye, the kiss, and the fact that Harry Potter was not going to Hogwarts.

Harry stood staring, he was in complete shock. Tonks broke the silence and said "Do you want to tell us what that was about?"

Harry looked at her now grinning from ear to ear and responded with "I honestly have no idea!"

"Right Harry, and I'm a werewolf!" Remus said jokingly and everyone started laughing including Mrs. Weasley, Harry just couldn't believe how much Remus was loosening up.

"Come on Tonks lets go wait for Remus over here, we need to give the two boys some time to wish their own goodbyes." Mrs. Weasley said, and true to her word, Tonks and her gave Harry, and Remus some privacy.

"Harry, you be careful you understand!" Remus's mood changing instantly as he said this very sternly.

"I will, I am going to try to buy a house right away, I will owl you when I'm settled in."

"Well, until then good-bye,…" Remus looked at Harry he was a little nervous and then added "Good-bye son." He pulled Harry into a great hug of his own.

After holding the hug for several seconds Harry finally spoke. "Good-bye, oh and by the way you are a werewolf!" Harry laughed and then disapparated to just outside Gringotts.

Harry walked up the steps to Gringotts and opened there big doors, and was surprised to see that there were only a half dozen people there. They all looked a little scared, and were hurrying around. People were more terrified then ever. Slowly Harry made his up to the first open Goblin that he saw.

"Can I help you sir?" The Goblin asked very politely.

"Yea, I am looking to buy a home in Muggle England. I was wondering if there was some way I could get like a check book or something that I can use in the Muggle world, also how much money I have converted to English Pounds?" Harry asked very businesslike.

"Name please?" The Goblin asked.

"Harry Potter"

The Goblin seemed un phased by Harry's name and said "One minute Mr. Potter." The Goblin then pulled out a very large book, that had the letter P on the side. After looking for about a minute the Goblin then continued. "To answer your first question yes, almost all of our clients here have a check book they can use in the Muggle world, we will also provide you with an i.d. that you can use. Ok lets see hear, well in your vault I have listed, a lot of very old priceless artifacts, but just going from your Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts, you have about the equivalent of eleven and a half million Pounds." He then paused pulled out a blank check book, and a blank i.d. and waved his hand over them and they instantly changed to what Harry needed. "Here you go Mr. Potter, anything else I can do for you?"

Harry took the check book, and the identification and thanked the Goblin and left. Harry really had no idea that he had priceless artifacts in his vault, he figured when all this Voldemort business was done he could go and check out what exactly he had. Harry quickly made his way to The Leaky Cauldron and got a room. All of his belonging were in his pocket, except for his owl. He told her earlier that he would be at the Leaky Cauldron by night fall and to go hunt until then.

Harry took a deep breath and stepped outside The Leaky Cauldron and into Muggle London. He hadn't been out here in a while. It was the exact opposite of Diagon alley. The Muggles had no idea Voldemort was on the rampage, and there was very little the Ministry of Magic could do. The only reason Harry was even wondering out to Muggle London was he needed a phone booth. He didn't have to travel far, he soon found one and opened up the very large phone book. He found what he was looking for. The biggest real estate agency in England.

He picked up the phone to make the call but was quickly deterred when he realized he didn't have any change on him to make the call. So he pulled out his wand, and racked his brain for a spell that would let him use it… nothing. Harry tried a few fancy waves thinking in his mind 'Make the phone work.' After a few seconds Harry silently laughed at himself, he knew it wouldn't work but hey it was worth a try. Harry sat there for a while. After a few moments it came to him, the answer was right in front of him on the payphone, he would make a collect call. Harry punched the collect call number in, and then the real estate number in.

The phone rang twice and then a young female picked up the phone and accepted the charges. "What can I do for you Mr. Potter?" She asked.

"I want to buy a house and right away, I need to speak to the first available real estate agent."

"Ok one moment please…" There was silence on the phone while Harry was on hold and after nearly five minutes of waiting another female picked up. "This is Mrs. Jennings what can I do for you sir?"

"I need to buy a house." Harry simply said

"Well we have a lot of houses, why don't you come down and we can set up some showings." She said, she really didn't seem interested in Harry at all.

"Well I am much to busy to come down. I am pretty particular on what I want."

"Ok well tell me what you want and I can do a search for you."

"Ok, I'm looking for a rather large house somewhere in England, preferably southern. I want at least four or five bedrooms. (Harry couldn't really anticipate how many people he would have at once there but with the Weasley's Hermione, Remus, and Tonks. He knew he would need a lot of rooms, and if that wasn't enough he could always magically add more on). I would like also at least sixty kilometers from any town. Have it sit on at least a hundred acres (He didn't want anyone accidentally wondering onto his house). And lastly I want it available now!"

The lady gave a huge laugh and then asked him "How much are you willing to pay?"

"I would like to keep it under two million pounds."

"Oh well ok sir, I think I may be able to help you. Are you sure you wouldn't like to come done here?" When Harry said how much he was willing to pay she seemed much more willing to help out.

"Yes I am very sure, I can't stress to you how important it is that I need to move in as soon as possible. Do you think if I call back this time tomorrow you can find a place for me?"

"I will put everything aside, and find it for you I promise, what's your name by the way?"

"Harry Potter."

"OK, well thank you Mr. Potter, I will be waiting for your call tomorrow."

They said good bye and hung up the phone. Harry really hoped she could find a place fast he needed to get to work on his training, and research to find the Horcruxes. Harry quietly returned to his room and found Hedwig waiting for him. He took his belongings out of his pocket, and returned them to normal size. Hedwig was more then grateful to fly into her cage were she drifted to sleep. Harry took a couple of books out both on powerful defensive magic, and sat there and read, and practiced spells all night, until he drifted off to sleep.

Harry woke fairly early the next morning and ordered a really big brunch. Once he was done stuffing himself, he returned to practicing this one spell he found last night that he was particularly found of. He read the passage one more time, it read.

The Attack Jinx

Incantation : Afilexia

What it Does: Done properly this spell will throw your opponent back and knock him to the ground, stunning him for at least forty eight hours or, until the Enervate charm is said.

Magical Theory: This spell sounds a lot like the Reducto, and Stunning spells. In reality it pretty much is. Besides this spell requires a lot more power to do, and the Shield Charm will not work against it. Like the Killing curse there is no known charm to block it. But remember always be on your guard because even though there is no known way to block, doesn't mean it can't be……

The page continued on with what exactly you should think of and so on. Harry spent the rest of his morning, and early hours of the afternoon trying to master this spell. The book was right, it was extremely difficult and tiring, but he was fairly confident that he could do it properly, and just in time too because he had to call back Mrs. Jennings at the real estate company.

Harry made his way done to the exact same phone booth he used yesterday and repeated the process of dialing collect. When the secretary answered Harry simply said "I would like to speak to Mrs. Jennings please."

After waiting only a few moments this time the familiar voice picked up. "Hello Mrs. Jennings office."

"Hello, this is Harry, how did the looking go?"

"Oh, I was expecting you Mr. Potter. I found you two possible houses. The first one here I suspect you will like a lot. It's fifty three kilometers to the nearest town connected by a small gravel road, and the town only has about seven hundred people in it, and there spread about pretty good. You have about ten kilometers to your nearest neighbor and you will be sitting on almost a thousand acres! The house itself is really nice, it used to be used as a hunting home for some rich football player. It has a really large kitchen, and Great Hall, a large game room, a big family room, and a large den/dinning room, a large office, and can hold a ton of books, it as a large master bedroom with bath connected to it. Four smaller rooms, and a large bunk room that can sleep about a dozen. Finally you have two more nice size bathrooms. The only down side to this house is the basement, now don't get me wrong, it is a fully finished basement the floors are done it is really large and bright, the only problem is its all one room. But a bonus is the whole house comes furnished."

Harry couldn't be happier it was perfect, the basement was not a problem, he figured it would be perfect for Dueling. "I love it I don't even want to hear about the second house, this one is perfect, how much though?"

"Well I know you wanted to keep it under two million pounds, but this is the house that best fits everything you wanted, and you can move into it on Monday. The asking price is four and a half million pounds, I think I can negotiate down to four, in fact I'm positive I can."

Harry thought about it for a long time, the price was a lot more then he wanted to pay, but he needed to move in right away, and it was perfect, not to mention he could afford it. "Ok I will take it."

"Excellent, so how do you want to do this Mr. Potter?"

"What's the address?"

"It is number 1 Cyprus Drive, in Southern England."

"OK well I will meet you there Monday at three, I can write you a check then, and you can give me the paperwork and keys."

"Excellent, I will see you then Mr. Potter." She said and hung up, Harry did the same, and returned to his room.

The rest of the week flew by, Harry kept himself busy reading his Dueling books, and shopping. He bought a few books on wards for houses, including anti-apparation wards, and this neat medical spell book you tell the book what happened and it turns itself to the page you need. He also visited Knockturn alley one last time and bought a few rare, and dangerous spell books. He was fascinated by all of his new spell books, but yet he was very anxious to get to his new house. He didn't need to wait too long because it was now time for him to be at his new home. He packed up all of his things, shrunk them and placed them in his pocket. He told Hedwig to meet him at there new home. He then said a final good bye to Tom, and apparated about a block away from his house down the gravel road Mrs. Jennings described to Harry.

Harry walked at a brisk pace up the road, his house came in view fast and boy was it magnificent. There was a large open front yard, and a small lake at the end of the yard, right before the lake was a small little screened in porch area, with a long walkway leading to the front of the house. The house itself was beautiful, it was log, and even bigger then she described. Harry figured it had to be the biggest log home in the world. Harry was to mesmerized by the house to notice Mrs. Jennings starting at him as he had finally made his way to the front of the house.

"Excuse me are you Harry Potter?" She asked a little surprised that he walked up, and by how young he was.

"Yep, that's me." Harry said with a smile "Great job by the way I love the house!'

"Um, aren't you a little young, how can you afford this?"

"Oh don't worry about it, I can afford it. Plus if the check bounces you know were to find me." Harry said and gave a small little laugh.

"Well I guess your right." She said and gave a half hearted smile.

Harry wrote her the check and handed it her, and she eagerly took it.

"Well, I suppose I should take you around for the tour then?"

"Oh that will be quiet all right I would like to discover everything on my own."

"Ok, well then, all of the paper work you need is on the kitchen table along with all of the keys, anything else I can do for you Mr. Potter?"

"No thank you." With that she hoped into her older model Ford, and drove off. Harry eagerly made his way into his new house.

The house was just as she described, including the wonderful basement. Harry quickly got down to business, before you could enjoy everything he needed to make sure he was protected. Harry opened his books that he bought on protecting a wizards home to pre-marked pages. First up anti-muggle charms. Luckily for Harry all of this would be made much simpler because in the paperwork Mrs. Jennings left there was an aerial overview map. Harry followed step by step directions the books gave, which was basically trace your wand around the property line, and saying the incantation. Harry pretty much did the same thing for the rest of the spells, which were anti-apparation, and the final one which the book said was highly illegal, and if the Ministry of Magic found out you would go to Azkaban. It was a spell so no one could detect magic being used inside the property, not the Ministry, and most importantly to Harry not Voldemort. All of the charms were guaranteed to work, in fact the anti-apparation one was the same one that protected Hogwarts. After all of his charms that he used the map with was up and running, he then went to every single door, and window in the house, and placed a charm on them so if someone with bad intentions came through, or if they were blasted open an alarm would buzz throughout the house.

Now that all of the protecting was down, he needed away to apparate here, with his protection charms up, you would have to walk twelve kilometers up the gravel road to get to his house. He figured the screened in porch, by the lake with the long walkway to the house would be a perfect spot to have open to apparation, but he still needed to be protected, luckily when he was reading the book earlier he found a way to make this happen, but he needed to do a couple different spells to work it all out, basically to apparate here you needed to know the exact area that you could( Harry picked the screened porch area by the lake) , along with a password. Harry thought briefly for the perfect password, and when it came to him he smiled. He knew it would be perfect, it brought back an extremely happy memory, the password was going to be ferret.

It was well after dark, when Harry was done setting up all of the wards, and unpacking. During that time Harry received a catalogue from the Dueling group that the Auror had promised him. But now he had to write a couple of letters, he sat down quill in hand at the wonderful desk in his nice size office/library. Hedwig was perched next to him hooting softly waiting for her first mission in her new home.

The first letter was to Minerva McGonnagall.

Dear Headmistress McGonnagall,

I would like permission to come to the school in secret, I need to speak to Dobby, and grab a few things that I left behind last year.

Sincerely,

Harry Potter

Harry kept it short and to the point, he needed to get his potions book that he hide last year, and he was also going to see if he could ask the Room of Requirement to get him some other helpful books, he also wanted to ask Dobby to come be his house elf, he figured it would be good, to have someone to clean, and have meals ready for him at all times, not to mention he knew it would please Dobby beyond belief. He really hoped she would let him come, he did not want to sneak in.

He now focused his attention to his final letter addressed to Remus.

Remus,

Meet me at the Hogs Head at midnight, on October the first, for our prearranged plans. Only owl back if you can't make it.

Harry.

Harry liked to keep all of his letters short, in case they were intercepted. After finally finishing up everything he needed too, he could finally go to sleep. He sent Hedwig off with the letters, and retreated to the Master bedroom, and fell asleep almost instantly.

A/N: Sorry it took so long, I ended up going on a weekend vacation with my fiancé, I was hoping to get this up Thursday before I left but it ended up being a lot longer then I thought. Please Review thanks!