Unofficial Portkey Archive

False Prophecy by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

False Prophecy

Sirius Potter

False Prophecy

Chapter 6 Piliferatus Je Ne Sais Quoi

By: Sirius Potter

A/N: Thanks for the reviews, sorry about all of the spelling errors, I got several complaints on that. I just proof read it at two in the morning so I was a little tired (I went back and fixed cannon spelling in all of the chapters). Next time I will just wait and proof read it the next day. Also Ron, and Hermione will be back in the next chapter. Also I got a death threat saying that if I kill Hermione I die, just wanted to let you know that I do not plan on killing her, so please don't plan on killing me. FINALLY I also got asked a couple of times why the story is called False Prophecy the answer to that will be known in chapter 23 cleverly titled False Prophecy. Ok well please enjoy.

"Alright Harry, I think you finally mastered close range Dueling, lets give it a final try before we move on." Remus said.

Remus, and Harry both instantaneously magically hardened their wands, and acted as if they were swords. Each was trying to knock the others wand out of the way so they could get a stunner through. After about a few minutes of back and forth neither one of them able to get anything in, Harry jumped as high as he could, pointed his wand down at him and thought 'Stupefy' directly over the top of Remus, being far enough away Remus wasn't able to use his wand to push Harry's away, but yet Harry was close enough were the shield charm would not work. The stunner found his target and Remus fell over stunned.

Harry immediately revived Remus and thanked him for teaching him this skill.

"That was absolutely amazing, only a week has gone by and you can beat me in close combat dueling. I knew you were magically powerful, and if we just sat back trying to exchange curses, your power would eventually be able to out due my knowledge. But in close combat dueling your power doesn't matter at all! Because all it takes is one simple curse."

"Well, your such a great teacher Professor, I can't help but learn fast."

"I don't know about that I was fired wasn't I?" They both erupted in laughter at this remark.

After a few more moments of laughing Harry finally asked "Remus, when I was in the ministry the night… the night Sirius died. I saw Voldemort and Dumbledore duel. It was amazing. First Dumbledore was able to get things to jump in front of Voldemorts killing curse, and then they close combat dueled just like we did, besides, well it was like they could apparate to exactly where they wanted to be, facing each other, in mid curse it was amazing!"

"I don't know what to say Harry I was never able to witness anything like that. Magical ability like that is unheard of. I am sorry to say that I do not know any spells that will let you do that, nor do I think anyone does. What it does sound like is a combination of some spells, and a lot of pure magical will." Remus said truly amazed he never heard of them dueling like this before.

"I guess, I will have to wait and try to learn those things, with my Magical Creation book." Harry said very disappointed.

"Wait, what do you have?"

Harry instantly realizing Remus didn't know about any of this, and he figured he deserved to know. "Well about a month ago I sneaked into Hogwarts, and ran into the Room of Requirement…" Harry told Remus everything, including the Horcruxes, and about the mission he went on with Dumbledore.

"I can't believe it, I don't understand why Albus didn't tell us all of this. It would have stopped so many foolish wizards from trying to take on Voldemort."

"We both know he had his reasons, please Remus, he trusted me with this information, please don't tell anyone about it."

"OF course I won't Harry." Remus said very seriously, he seemed a little surprised that Harry would even thing that he would betray his trust. Realizing another key aspect in Harry's story he added "So you really made me a year supply of Wolfsbane potion?"

Harry smiled "Yes, so what else are you planning on teaching me?"

"Well I know quite a few advanced spells that I can teach you. Now that I know about the Horcruxes that gives me a good reason to teach you everything I know about magic reading." Remus noticed a puzzled look on Harry's face when he mention magic reading and explained. "Kind of like how Albus was able to find out that the cave wanted blood, and where the boat was hidden. I will even teach you the little I know about Occlumency, and Legilimency. The last thing I plan on teaching you is all the history I know about Albus, like how he became so powerful, and everything I know about…" Remus took a deep breath and managed to speak again "Everything I know about Voldemort"

"That's going to take more then a week to learn all of that." Harry said, hoping that meant Remus would stay longer, he got lonely in his house all by himself, he really missed Ron, and Hermione, and Remus was definitely the next best thing.

"Yeah, I guess so. I am going to owl Tonks first thing in the morning telling her that I am going to stay about a month longer." Remus smiled at this, he loved spending time with Harry. It made him feel like a teacher again, but more importantly it made him feel younger, like he had one of his best friends back.

The next month flew by. Harry learned more from Remus in a month then he did in six years at Hogwarts. Sadly it was now the last night Remus was to stay with Harry. Remus was teaching Harry the last thing he planned on, and that is Dumbledore's, and Voldemort's history, and more importantly how they got so powerful.

"This will be the easiest thing I have to teach you Harry. The simple fact is really no one knows. Both Albus Dumbledore, and Tom Riddle, left Hogwarts, and journeyed all over the wizarding world, reading books, practicing new spells, and stretching the magical limitations. Kind of a lot like you are doing know Harry."

"Don't even compare the power I have to theirs, they were both top of their class amazingly powerful."

"Ok, I will admit, overall they got better grades, and things like that. But from what I know both of them didn't come close to the Defense Against the Dark Arts skills you possess. Not being as good as they were at your age at Transfiguration, and charms, I blame on Albus, and a little bit on you. Tom, was crazy already when he went to Hogwarts and wanted to be the best that is why he studied so hard at everything magical. While Albus Dumbledore grew up in the wizarding world, and was able to study from pretty much birth, and also at home during the holidays with his wizarding family. Now you on the other hand Harry, aren't really as interested in other aspects of magic, and didn't really try as hard, maybe you put in the same amount of hours studying, but your heart was into it. I also think it was one of Dumbledore's worst mistakes to send you to live with your muggle relatives, he should have sent you to live with me, or one of your mom's close friends."

"Yeah, well I guess your right, I never really had my heart in anything other then Defense, or flying…" The both smelled something delicious, and all was forgotten, there was a mad rush to the dinning room to have Dobby's delicious dinner, and dug in.

"Oh man, Dobby that was wonderful! I haven't enjoyed a meal like that since I was a growing boy at Hogwarts!" Remus said

"Thank you very much Remus sir! You are master Harry's good friend! Dobby wanted to make your last mean here very special!"

"Thank you Dobby, you did." Remus said, and then turned his attention to Harry "Well, I guess I need to get going."

"Oh I got one more thing to ask you. Next time when you or Tonks is at Hogwarts please tell Ron, and Hermione how to get here. Also tell the Weasley's. I am going to have all you guys over for Christmas it will be fun to invite everyone into my new house. Merlin knows I got enough rooms for everyone to stay in. I can invite everyone, but I don't want to put in paper how to get here. We both know that Death Eaters are trying, and sometimes are successful at intercepting my mail."

Remus smiled "OF course I will, it will be great to have Christmas together with the whole gang, though just so you know I will have to act my age a little more, with all the adults here." Remus smiled again and Harry joined him.

They said there good byes, both happy with what they accomplished over the past month, both learned a lot from each other, and a lot about themselves.

It was lonely in the Potter Mansion with its residents down to just one human, a house elf, and an owl. So with nothing else to do Harry retreated to his office and pulled out all of the notes he took from the books he retrieved at Hogwarts. The last spell he read about over a month ago was plaguing his mind. He knew notes from Godric Gryffindor's book was going to be last ones he studied and master, but he still couldn't help but look at this spell. It was the last spell he took notes on, there was over five pages on it. He pulled out the last five pages and read the top of page one he titled it "Magic Stealing" then what it basically did "This spell will rip all of the magic out of someone and place it either in you, or a closable container." He then read the incantation out loud "Piliferatus Je Ne Sais Quoi". 'That spell is a mouthful' Harry thought to himself. As a matter of fact he realized almost all of the ancient advanced spells were mouthfuls like this.

A/N: I know this was a short chapter, but I really want to get Ron, and Hermione back into the story. So next chapter Christmas at the Potter mansion. That will be a little longer then this one. The chapter after that will be extremely long, it is time to introduce a new and extremely important character, ten points to who ever can guess who it is. Please Review!