Unofficial Portkey Archive

False Prophecy by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

False Prophecy

Sirius Potter

False Prophecy

Chapter 5: Midnight Missions

By: Sirius Potter

A/N: Thanks for all of the reviews everyone I appreciate it! I believe someone asked me how long this is going to be. Right now I am up to 26 chapters full of notes planned in my plot. I also have a really good sequel brewing up in my head, that would involve well I can't ruin it because it involves some stuff that happens in this one, but I can tell you that the emphasis would be on Harry and his son. Ok well please enjoy!

Harry was woken up early the next morning to an owl pecking him on his head. He was expecting to see Hedwig back early, but was delightfully surprised to see it was Ron's owl. As soon as Pig saw Harry was awake he stuck his leg out so Harry could grab the letter. Harry quickly untied the note from the his leg and praised him, Pig flew around the room gratefully waiting for a reply.

Dear Harry, (As soon as Harry saw the nice, and tidy handwriting Harry was pleased to see it was from Hermione.)

How are things going Harry? Did you get a house yet? When can Ron, and I see you? Things are a lot different at school. Bill, and Fleur and doing a wonderful job teaching Defense against the Dark Arts, and Headmistress McGonnogall is pulling double duty teaching Transfiguration and being the Headmistress. Ron wanted to send you a letter too, but I told him we should just stick to one, so we don't attract you to much attention. I know you are probably really busy Harry, but at the very least you need to reply to tell me when we can see you again. I've told Pig not to leave you until you write a reply.

With Love,

Hermione

Harry read the letter a couple of times, he could read in-between the lines. The fact that Professor McGonnogall was still teaching, and being the Headmistress said a lot. They were obviously having trouble filling the positions. That really didn't surprise Harry though, everyone was scared, with Dumbledore gone, that means that Hogwarts will no longer be the safe heaven that they all thought it was. Harry knew it was only a matter of time tell Hogwarts would suffer from a full on assault. He also couldn't believe that Hermione wouldn't mention anything about the kiss at platform nine and three quarters.

Pigwidgeon dived at Harry, and bit him rather hard.

"Ouch!, Ok, ok, I will write the reply now." Harry yelled and Pig seemed to understand and left Harry alone.

Harry reached into his bedside table, and grabbed a small piece of Parchment, and a Muggle pen, and scrawled a quick note.

Hermione,

I got a place, I plan on having everyone over for the Christmas holiday. By that I mean the Weasley's, You, Tonks, Remus, Hagrid and if you would like you can invite your parents, I will have Remus tell all of you how to get here, and also the address so you can tell your parents how to get here. I have muggle repealing charms up, but I'm sure a brilliant witch like you knows the counter course to put on them so they can come.

Harry

Satisfied with his reply he tied it onto Peg and he instantaneously flew off. Now wide awake, Harry pulled himself out of bed and headed down to the kitchen. He was pleasantly surprised to see that he had no food, in the house at all. He then finally remembered that he hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday. 'This is why I need Dobby, when is Hedwig going to get back?' Harry thought to himself. Almost as if Hedwig was waiting for Harry to think this she swooped in through an open window and dropped a letter onto the table right in front of Harry. It was McGonnagall's response.

Dear Harry,

As it is wonderful to here from you, I must say I am a little concerned about the fact that you want to come in sneaking around here at night. However I am willing to let you do it just this one time, only because Albus trusted you so much. The Gate in-between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, along with the front door will be unlocked tonight from 12:00 am to 12:05 am, and again from 2:00 am to 2:05 am. I trust that will be enough time for you to get in and out. You have my word Harry that no one will know about this.

Sincerely,

Minerva M. McGonnagall

Harry was ecstatic two hours should be enough time. He could wait to eat until latter that night, he would stop in at the Three Broomsticks for dinner before he went up into Hogwarts.

Having a long time to kill before he could leave and get ready for Hogwarts. So he decided to focus his attention on his Dueling magazine. It was really cool, it had letters in from readers, articles by the so called top duelers in the nation, articles on new wands, and dueling stuff period along with a lot of adds in the back.

He was reading a particular editorial by a self proclaimed "Best Dueler Alive" He was pretty much saying that there is no one who can stand up to The Dark Lord, and everyone should turn themselves into him, and support him. He just got ripped apart by fellow "Greats". After spending a couple of hours reading the magazine, and contemplating buying a couple of things in the ads in the back, he turned his attention to the Daily Prophet, it had arrived while he was in the middle of a really good article. He scanned the front page, and saw that no one had died, and that there were no attacks and threw it aside. It was mid-afternoon now, and he was bored out of his mind. He didn't have any other books he could really read, or well he did but nothing that he thought would really help him defeat Voldemort. He also couldn't do any real research for a Horcruxes yet, and he really didn't know how to start. He figured he would worry more about that when Remus was done training him, then he would be able to go out on his own, and be completely confident that he would survive.

After lazily reading a few spell books, and even trying to watch a muggle television show, it was now nine thirty and he couldn't wait anymore, he was starving! He grabbed his large cloak that he used to hide himself, he decided not to take the invisibility cloak simply because he couldn't move fast enough in it. He moved quickly down out his house, and into his screened porch over looking the lake, and apparated to just outside the Three Broomsticks.

The Three Broomsticks was extremely rowdy, and loud at this hour, and Harry was pleased no one would notice him, or at least he hoped. He stepped inside, and found himself a small little table immediately. He noticed that there were several small arguments going on but it was mostly people just trying to have a good time.

After a few minutes an extremely attractive young waitress that Harry recognized from Hogwarts ( She was in Fred, and Georges year) came up to him a gave a large smile at him. "What can I get for yeah?" She asked and bent over real low next to Harry showing off her cleavage obviously trying to get a good tip out of Harry, he had to admit so far her tip looked good.

"I will take a burger, some fries, and a large butterbeer."

"Ok that will be a few minutes." She then walked off very slowing showing off her assets.

Harry's food came quickly and was gone almost as fast as it arrived. He sat there for while, had a few butterbeers, and some pumpkin juice. Finally it was time for him to walk down to the gate. He left some money for the food, and a very large tip to the waitress that visited him several times throughout the night.

It was a very calm, cool evening Harry noticed on his walk down to the school. He looked down at his watch, and it turned midnight, he immediately opened the gate, and closed it. He then made a mad dash up to the castle he did not have much time to get to the front doors.

It took him only three and a half minutes, he made it. The door was indeed unlocked, he slowly pushed it open and stepped inside. As soon as he closed the door, he felt at home, he could just smell Hogwarts.

Luckily there was no one about, he didn't want to waste any time. He jogged to the room of requirement and didn't run into anyone. He was surprised the school must really be on lock down if there wasn't any late night prowlers sneaking around.

Harry stood in front of the Room of Requirement, closed his eyes and thought hard 'I need the book I hid last year, and any other books that might help me defeat Voldemort.' He repeated that three times, and opened his eyes, there stood right in front of him was the entrance to the room of requirement.

Harry wasted no time and opened the door. He stepped inside the room, and was surprised. It was an extremely small room, with a solitary single desk sat in the middle. On top of the desk were five books. One of which was his a Potions book from last year. The remaining three books read: Occlumency, Legilimency, and why you need it By: Miranda Scott Smith, The Art of Defensive Magic By: Godric Gryffindor, Magical Creation, and Horcruxes latter of the two had no authors listed.

Harry couldn't believe it, it actually worked, he couldn't wait to dig in. He still had one more thing to do and not a lot of time, so he shrunk the books down and placed them in his pocket. He stepped out of the room, and shut the door, it immediately disappeared. Harry was startled to see a cat staring at him down the hall. Harry recognized it immediately as Mrs. Norris, Filch's cat. As soon as she saw Harry look at her she turned and started to run, obviously to find Filch. Harry acting on instinct pulled out his wand, pointed it at Mrs. Norris and thought hard 'Stupefy', Mrs. Norris was immediately stunned. Harry could not let her warn Filch. That would cause Harry too much trouble.

Knowing that he was wasting time just standing around he immediately begun to jog down to the kitchens. He tickled the pear and was instantly let in. As soon as he stepped inside the kitchens, a dozen house elves appeared in front of him asking what he would like.

"I would like to speak to Dobby please." Harry said

As soon as Harry spoke Dobby appeared in front of him "Harry Potter sir! Dobby is so glad to see you, Dobby is extremely honored that you come to see me even though you are not at Hogwarts this year! What can Dobby do for the great Harry Potter!"

"Well I don't have much time Dobby, but I am hear to ask you to come to my new home and be my house elf, I will pay you the same wage Hogwarts does obviously."

Dobby gave a huge squeal and immediately started buzzing around the kitchen and flew into Harry and gave him a huge hug.

"Oh Harry Potter sir! Dobby would defiantly love to be your house elf! I will be there first thing in the morning with breakfast ready sir! Dobby just needs to tell the Headmistress that Dobby is leaving!"

Harry peered down at his watch and saw he only had a few minutes before it was two and said "Ok great Dobby, I will see you in the morning, but I got to go bye!" Harry then dashed out of the kitchens and to the front door. He had to wait about thirty seconds, he heard the door click and it singled to him that it was now unlocked. He opened it and then immediately shut it and set out at an all out run to the gate. He must have been a little slower this time, because as soon as he got to the gate, he opened it, and slammed it shut, the lock immediately clicked.

Harry wiped the sweat of off his brow, and gave a great sigh of relief. He now had some extremely important and rare books to help in his cause. He couldn't wait to dive into them, and he promised himself that as soon as he was done with Dobby's terrific breakfast tomorrow he would devote the rest of the month, until his rendezvous with Remus on these new books. But right now he needed to get home and go to bed he was exhausted. So he disapparated to his home, while doing the process he thought ferret in his head, and it worked perfectly. Luckily the sickening feeling was getting less and less every time he had to apparate. He opened his eyes and barely felt any of the side effects, he lazily made his way inside of his house, and up into bed and immediately passed out.

Harry arose the next morning with sun blaring in his eyes, and a delicious smell in his nose. He rolled over to look at the alarm clock next to his bed and noticed that it was nearly noon. He got out of bed and headed down to the dinning room with his old clothes still on. The closer he got the better the smell got, sitting on the table, was a huge stack of pancakes, toast, bacon, eggs, sausage, and an extremely large pitcher of pumpkin juice. It all looked so good, he immediately sat down and started to dig in.

"Harry Potter like his late breakfast sir?" Dobby came buzzing in as soon as Harry was finished.

"As a matter of fact I loved it! That had to be about the best breakfast I ever had, no matter the time!" Harry was serious too he stuffed his face with it, he figured he better watch what he eats from now on he didn't want to start to look like Ron.

"Oh thank you very much sir! When would Harry Potter like lunch?"

"Well since it is pretty much lunch, why don't we have an early dinner at around five."

"Excellent! Dobby must return to chores sir!" And with that Dobby disappeared.

Harry returned to his room, and pulled his books out of the pocket from the cloak he wore last night, and returned them to normal size, he also grabbed his wand. Books in one hand and wand in the other he then headed to his office. He placed the books on his desk and finally had time to properly look at them, they were huge! Each book had to be over a thousand pages! The first book he grabbed from the stack was Magical Creation and thumbed through it really quick and was amazed to discover that it taught you how to create your own spells. Harry couldn't believe it, countless possibilities were buzzing around his head. But he knew he had to save that one for last. The next thing he wanted to check was his Potions book. He really hoped it would be in here. He looked at every single potion in the book, and finally the very last potion on top of the page read Wolfsbane. He was ecstatic, he was even more thrilled to see the half blood prince had added his own words into it. (Harry refused to think of the Half Blood Prince as Snape, that was the only way he could even look at the book.) He know could make Remus a large batch of it. The potion was so complicated, he would have to spend nearly an hour on it a day for two weeks. He hoped to make Remus enough to last him a year, so probably a little more time then that was needed. The list of ingredients was huge, he counted over two hundred. If he wanted to make enough for a year, this was going to cost him a small fortune. Remus was worth it though Harry thought. His father thought so, his godfather thought so, and know he thought so. First thing in the morning he was going to Diagon alley to get the supplies.

Harry pulled out a large stack of parchment, a quill, and some ink. He labeled the top of on page Horcruxes, he then opened the Horcruxes book, and begun to read it and take notes. He already had his itinerary planned. He was going to spend every morning in-between breakfast and lunch on his potion, then after his lunch he was going to read about Horcruxes and Occlumency, Legilimency. Finally after dinner he was going to focus all of his attention on Godric Gryffindor's book. He decided he wasn't going to try any new spells until he was done with all of the books. He was just going to take extensive notes, especially on the spells he thought would be most useful. Once he was done with reading, he was going to start learning all of them, first with how to destroy a Horcruxes, followed by Occlumency, Legilimency, and then all of the great spells in Gryffindor's book. Finally after he was confident in all of these abilities he was going to move onto Magical Creation.

September rolled by quickly, it was now the morning of October first, and he could finally show Remus his house, and begin some advanced training. Harry had managed to finish his potion perfectly for Remus and couldn't wait to tell him, he was going to wait till the first full moon. The books were a different story, he finally finished reading them, and taking notes the night before, but he hadn't yet been able to even try one spell. He had written down over a hundred, there was five different ways to destroy a Horcruxes so Harry was quite pleased to see that. He figured he would wait to start mastering any of these after Remus left, he wanted to be able to try and master everything Remus taught him, and not be distracted by anything else.

The day drawled by extremely slow, he couldn't stand watching muggle TV, he also couldn't really sit and read another book. Luckily a wonderful idea came to him, he spent the remainder of the day riding his broom. Hedwig even came out and flew with him for a while, that was a blast, Harry couldn't believe how fast his owl could fly. Once he started having fun the time flew by, and it was finally time to pick up his old Professor.

Harry walked down in pitch black to his screen porch, he could feel a chill on his neck as if to warn him of something, he let it go and apparated to just outside the Hogs Head.

Harry opened his eyes as he was done apparating and was welcomed by spells whizzing by everywhere. Harry immediately jumped behind a corner for cover and noticed four Death Eaters lying on the ground stunned, and four more attacking one person. Harry took a closer look and recognized it was Remus. Harry immediately jumped into action, he knew Remus was in trouble so he charged the four Death Eaters that was closing in and pointed his wand at the one closest to Remus.

"AFILEXIA!!" Harry yelled, they all turned to look at the source of the course, and Remus took advantage and stunned one. Harry's spell found its mark and the Death Eater was thrown back knocked out for good.

The remaining two Death Eaters split up and picked a dueling partner. A tall skinny one pointed his wand at Harry and yelled "CRUCIO!" Unlike most spells you have no reaction time from the torture curse. There is no jet of let, no way to block it, no way to jump out of the way, that is one of the reasons why it was an unforgivable.

Pain erupted throughout his body, his vision blurred. Through the pain he could make out the Death Eater laughing. Harry still had his wand in hand, he mustered up all of his strength, and retrained it at the Death Eater, he was in way to much pain to say the incantation, so he concentrated hard and thought 'Afilexia'. The spell jumped out of his wand and the Cruciatus curse immediately stopped, Harry was practically able to see the look of horror on the Death Eaters face, right before the spell hit.

Harry was able to pull himself up just as Remus came running toward him. He had just disposed of his Death Eater. "Harry are you ok, I saw what happened."

"Yeah, it worked out fine. What happened hear?"

"I got here about five minutes before you arrived, and I noticed in the bushes over there (He then pointed at them) that there was some movement. I knew they were Death Eaters so I started firing stunners in there. I think I got two of them in the bushes, and then I managed to stun four more as they were running out. Then you came in, and well the rest is history." Remus said with a smile.

"What were they doing here?"

"I'm guessing, they intercepted Hedwig somehow, and resent the message out. I would be willing to bet that they were planning on jumping us all at once as soon as you got here."

"Wow, great job Professor, who knows what would have happened if you didn't notice them."

"Come on lets get to your house before reinforcements arrive."

They walked around the corner and made sure they were out of ear shot and Harry said in a low voice. "All you need to think about is Potter Mansion, screened porch, and Ferret."

Remus chuckled at ferret he had heard the story many times.

"Alright we can go together, one… two…."

A/N: Well again I made things too long, I was hoping to get all of the training done in this chapter too but well I'm already nearing four thousand words, and I wanted to get an update up, and I kind of want to go in-depth in the training. I have no work, or school this weekend so I hope to get the next chapter up soon. Please Review! Also here is something fun for you to think of and look forward too, Chapter 16 is titled Dumbledore's Last Stand. So you can have fun thinking about what that is going to be about.