Unofficial Portkey Archive

False Prophecy by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

False Prophecy

Sirius Potter

False Prophecy

Chapter 8: R.A.B.

By Sirius Potter

A/N: I have to address this to Trumpet-Geek- Nothing you have said has made me mad, in fact you have given me great reviews throughout this story (Some with great constructive criticism, you were the one that made me get off my lazy ass and fix all the cannon spelling). It was on a different site where I got one that just pissed me off (It was really nasty with a lot of swears, and they even went so far as too attack my fiancé so that is what got me upset). Also I would love a beta reader, but I have never got any offers. Finally I didn't put what everyone got for Christmas mainly because I didn't think anyone would care, I thought it would just be a boring part of the story.

It was a cold February morning, and Harry had bills to pay. He received a call from the local post office telling him to come into town immediately, and pay his bills. The post man said something like "No one can get to your house, for some strange reason." It was cold, too cold, but he had to go into town.

Harry reluctantly made his way outside. Even with his large cloak on it was still cold. It was tough walking through the snow to the screened in porch, he made a mental note to blow a path throw it. Once he was inside the apparation safe-zone he concentrated hard on a spot just outside the nearest village

By now Harry was a master at Apparating, luckily he no longer felt the sickening sensation it used to cause. He opened his eyes once he was done apparating, and found himself in a wooded forest, to his right he could make out an opening. He slowly made his way to it, and saw a gravel road, he took a left on it and started to walk at a brisk pace, and in no time he made it to the little village.

It was nice, only about twenty or so houses, a small little port, a general store, and the post office. Harry assumed that is where he needed to be. He made his way down the small gravel road, and then he felt something, he turned to his right and he could tell the almost warm electric vibe that he was felling, was coming from the first house on the right. It felt familiar, he couldn't put his finger on it, he knew what he was feeling had to be magic. He was never able to feel it before, but maybe it was easier here because there was only one other wizard unlike Hogwarts.

Magical signature, or not he still had his bills to pay. Once he was in the post office he went to chat with the first available clerk. "Harry Potter, I'm here to pick up my mail."

The Post man looked relieved to see Harry. "Ah yes, Mr. Potter so you're the one we can't seem to get his mail too."

"The one and only." Harry laughed

"Well hold on, one moment please?" The post man asked and he walked to the back room. He returned in a few moments with nine letters.

"Alright Mr. Potter, these three are for television, these three are for the phone, and these three are for water, and sewage." The post man said and handed Harry all nine envelops.

Harry walked over to a side desk, opened the letters, and was not surprised to see that they were all bills, and past due at that. Harry sighed, and grabbed three pieces of paper, and scribbled on them. "I'm very hard to find, enclosed is ten thousand pounds, that should cover me for awhile, please do not return the money, just keep using it to pay off future bills-- Harry Potter" Wrote out the three checks, and put them all back in the original envelope, along with his note's, and walked back up to the postman.

"Can you send them for me?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, sure thing, it is the least we can do for getting you past due."

"Don't worry about it, it's not your fault. I paid in advance for a couple of years at least, so you wont have to worry, about trying to find the place in the future."

"Thank you very much Mr. Potter."

They said their good bye's and Harry exited the post office. Harry instantly noticed that it was still cold outside . He walked back up the street, when he reached the last house, he once again felt the sensation. He had to find out who was in it, the urge was just to strong.

He reached the front door, and knocked. Nothing, he tried a few more times again nothing. "Open up!" Harry yelled

Finally a response came from inside the house. "GO AWAY!" it was followed by a bunch of muttering, which Harry could only guess was some locking charms. Suddenly the door began to glow from all the spells and closed up tighter, however when the spells were being perform the magic seemed more pronounced. He instantly recognized it. He dove his hand and pulled out the locket that he had kept in his pocket ever since the night Albus Dumbledore died. It instantly dawned upon him, this was R.A.B.'s house. Without a thought Harry's wand was in his hand "Alohomora" The door made a little bit of noise but it did not open. "Open this damn door right now!" Harry swore

"I will blast anyone that comes threw!" R.A.B. warned

'Fuck it! I'll just blast it' Harry swore to himself "REDUCTO!" A jet of light erupted out of his wand and blasted the door off of its hinges.

Harry immediately stepped threw only to be greeted by…

"Expelliarmus!" R.A.B. yelled with his wand trained on Harry

Harry easily managed to block his spell. R.A.B. looked a little scared he still had his wand trained at Harry.

"Who the hell are you?" He swore at Harry

Harry didn't answer his question, he just once more pulled out his locket. "Does this mean anything to you!"

"OMG, you're a Death Eater! Don't kill me." R.A.B. started to cower, just as Harry was about to explain who he was a jet of green light shot out of his wand along with "Avada Kedavra!"

Instantly Harry flicked his wand and a random object, which happened to be a book, flew over and intercepted the jet of green light. Harry was now angry, he pointed his wand at R.A.B. once more and thought 'Expelliarmus' the spell rushed out of his wand and hit R.A.B. square in the chest and he flew back several feet. His wand now in Harry's hand.

"Now then, as I was about to say before you tried to kill me! Is that I'm not a Death Eater!"

"Bloody hell that hurt! Who are you then!" He demanded and then muttered under his breath "Never seen a disarming spell like that before."

"I am going to be honest with you in the hopes you do the same with me. I'm Harry Potter." Harry

"Harry? Sirius's godson?"

"How the hell do you know Sirius?" Harry demanded an answer.

"Allow me to introduce my self, Regulus Arcturus Black."

"That's bloody impossible your dead." Harry said flat out.

"I faked it."

Harry didn't want to believe it, but as soon as he said he was Sirius's brother Harry could tell he was speaking the truth. "Alright, tell me what you know about Horcruxes."

"Why should I tell you?" Regulus asked

"Well not only did you take the real locket, that caused Albus Dumbledore to die for no reason, you also have to remember I have a wand, and you don't." Harry said threatening tone

"So you're on a search to find them and destroy them?"

"Yes, what did you do with the real locket?"

"Naturally I destroyed it."

"What else do you know about Horcruxes?"

"I know he made six of them, one of them being this locket, the only other one I know of is Helga Hufflepuff's teacup."

"I know about that too. Do you know where it is?"

"The Riddle House."

This made sense to Harry, it was the location of a significant murder, and it was abandoned. "How did you know about all of this?"

"I overheard The Dark Lord, talking about it to Severus

Snape. That is why I ran and faked my own death."

Harry's blood began to boil, Snape knew about the Horcruxes all this time, and he didn't tell that to Dumbledore, he never could figure out how he hid all of this from the great Albus Dumbledore.

"Why did you stop at the locket?"

"After that potion in the cave, and the Inferi I didn't want to find out what awaited me at the Riddle house."

Harry instantly thought 'What a coward'. "Thanks for the information, I will be on my way." Harry said and started to leave.

"Wait"

"What?"

"I can help you Harry, I want to help. I know a lot about Horcruxes. When you find the cup bring it to me, I can show you how to destroy it."

"I already know how to destroy them."

"That may be true, but it can be really tricky, and sometimes The Dark Lord puts booby traps on them and it may backfire on you."

Harry thought hard for awhile, he figured it wouldn't hurt to let Regulus show him once. "Alright I will come by then. Until next time." With that Harry left the building and headed back to his house. He had to wait until Hermione, and Ron graduated to look for the cup, he promised them they could come. There was still one more thing he wanted to do before he began his search for the Horcruxes however, and that was to go Godric's Hallow.

A/N: I know this took a long time, I just got caught up in reading a great fanfic, Harry Potter and the Stone's Circle by TheGreatFox2000. It is an awesome fic. One thing I must say though, is her RAB, and the location of the cup is the same in both of our fics, I had my plot written up before I read her story, I did not mean for it to turn out like this, I just wanted to clear that up so no one says I stole it from her. Next chapter we run into Fenir Greyback, and then the one after that we have a nice little encounter with Bellatrix. Sadly however I do not know if I will write any more of his fic. At least for now, I have very few readers, and even less reviewers. I am not so prideful where I take offence to this, that is fine if it isn't popular. My other story Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is extremely popular so I am going to concentrate on that story. I really do like this one though, I think it gets better with each chapter, so I don't know I might keep writing it. Well anywise, please tell me what you thought of either this chapter, or this story as a whole.