Unofficial Portkey Archive

Only Slightly Nauseating by Eternal Love LJ
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Only Slightly Nauseating

Eternal Love LJ

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything, and neither does anyone else on this bloody site. We all just find it amusing to make up stories about the fascinating characters JKR and others have created for our pleasure. Have a good day.

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

Only Slightly Nauseating

By: Eternal Love LJ

Chapter: 2

Title: Prologue II

POV: Lily

Word Count: 1091

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

My hatred for James Potter goes a little deeper than his persistent plans to court me. See, what most people don't know is that he stalks me. It's not normal when someone comes up to you at nine o'clock at night and says, "So, how was that banana that you had three weeks ago at breakfast?"

Maybe I exaggerate a little, but maybe I don't. My friends would say that I am crazy, mad, insane, for not wanting Potter. For not wanting to shag Potter's brains out. How could a normally functioning sixteen year old girl not want to get hot and heavy with the sexiest Quidditch player in the school?

Am I the only one in this school with some dignity? I guess my life is a little deeper than boys and sex. I like a good laugh, I love a good book, I don't mind schoolwork, and I really enjoy learning new things.

Plus, a lot of people think that my life revolves around James Potter. Stay away from James Potter. Turn James Potter down. Go boo James Potter at the Quidditch match. Go wish death on James Potter. Then, I get to go to my friends and complain about it all!

NO! In reality, I really never dwell all that much on James Potter. My brain is too full to have airy thought of James Potter floating around. I have depth and I have a meaning. Anyway, why would I think about him a lot? I don't have to talk to him a lot, and all he does is annoy me. I don't know about you, but if you're away from the annoying thing in your life, you don't tend to spend hours dwelling on the subject.

Like I am now. So, I'm going to say that I'm done. Finite.

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

"Lily Evans, you are the prettiest girl I have ever seen," he whispered to me. I giggled in response and attached his lips to mine. I must say, it felt quite good.

He led me slowly over to the bed and began kissing down my face and he quickly found that spot on my neck that made me shiver. I gasped and giggled again, running my hands through his hair.

Suddenly, he stopped. He said, "Do you hear that?"

"What?" I asked, completely enthralled by the boy. He put his finger up to stop me and listened carefully.

Then, I did hear it. It sounded like an earthquake. The room started shaking and splitting in half. He was drifting away on the other block of room and I was staying put. He smiled and waved at me while he blew me a kiss.

I started to scream to him to come back and I tried to walk towards him. Falling down the crack . . .

I sat up in my bed with a jolt. I looked quizzically around my room and felt thumps of quake. I got up out of my bed when they didn't stop and opened the door to my bedroom. Oh, I thought to myself. It's just that Dursley kid walking around.

I rubbed my sleepy eyes and walked quietly to the bathroom and did my normal morning routine before heading down the stairs for some breakfast.

In the kitchen, Petunia was flaunting the fact that she had a man, and I couldn't seem to find little Mr. Prince Charming. Not that Dursley was anything of the sort close to a normal Prince Charming . . .

She had her hand on his shoulder and she was basically on his vast lap. His chin bobbled as he looked down at Petunia, probably wondering how he got such a skinny girlfriend. In fact, Petunia was almost skin and bones. She always claimed that it was his personality that drew her in, but after talking to him for about thirty seconds, I was able to figure out that Dursley was very much a prick. He was very confident in himself, which wouldn't be such a bad thing, if he didn't always talk about himself. He wasn't interested in you at all, no exceptions. You revolve around him.

"Vernon, would you like to have some of my pancakes?" Petunia asked, holding up her food filled fork.

Vernon shook his head and said, "I'd rather have my own."

I snorted into my napkin and began a peaceful breakfast.

Petunia ignored his request and forced the fork into his mouth anyway. She kissed him on the cheek as he chewed. "You're lips are chapped," was what he had to say about it all.

Petunia moved away from him slightly and felt her lips. She licked her lips and then shook her head, slowly finishing her pancakes.

I laughed out loud and Petunia shot me a death glare. My mother patted me on the shoulder, but she really had nothing to say. It's not like they she Dursley, either.

There was a tap at the window, and a Tawny owl appeared, perching itself on the sill. Petunia shrieked like a little girl and Dursley went onto rant about how owls are ridicules, preposterous birds.

"They always coo in the nighttime, but you never actually see them. They are a waste of my time, and I don't give a bloody hell if they can turn their heads all the way around. They are stupid, and they have no use for me! Do you hear this, Petunia? I never want to see an owl again! Get that pigeon away from me!"

"Yes, shookums," Petunia said, burying her head in her arms. She never liked owls either, but she had kind of gotten used to them after six years.

My mother unhooked the leader from the owl's talon and said, "Hog- um, it's a letter from Grandpa about his hogs."

Dursley's head shot up. "You're Grandparents' have hogs? My favorite great-uncle Patrick had a hog farm."

My mother clearly wished she never made up the little white lie and was dragged into a hog conversation with the most pleasant person in the world. Petunia seemed happy that they were bonding and she seemed to miss that we most certainly didn't have a grandfather who had hogs.

I took the letter and brought it upstairs so I could open it in peace. Closing my door behind me, I sat on my bed and tore the envelope open.

Head Girl . . . I got Head Girl! I jumped up from my bed and danced around my room, opening all of my windows and throwing my curtains open. Suddenly, everything seemed ten times better.

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

A/N: How did I do? Let's face the facts here, it's harder to write about Lily's home life than James's, because James has Sirius and everything. Petunia and Vernon aren't all that great to write about . . . they're not funny in the slightest.

R/R please :) You know you want to!

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]


-->