Unofficial Portkey Archive

Only Slightly Nauseating by Eternal Love LJ
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Only Slightly Nauseating

Eternal Love LJ

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything, and neither does anyone else on this bloody site. We all just find it amusing to make up stories about the fascinating characters JKR and others have created for our pleasure. Have a good day.

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

Only Slightly Nauseating

By: Eternal Love LJ

Chapter: 2

Title: Beauxbatons

POV: Lily

Word Count: 1418

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

"Now, the big news that I mentioned before," said Dumbledore, his mouth curving into a big smile. "It has to do with the Head Boy and Girl."

I smiled slightly to myself. He never mentions the Heads in his speech . . .

"This year, the Heads, who happen to me Lily Evans and James Potter, are going to be taking a cultural trip."

My heart sank down to my butt. Does he mean I have to leave school alone with Potter?

"Miss Evans and Mr. Potter will be taking a trip to the wonderful school of Beauxbatons for the month of November. They will get to experience what it is like to go to a school other than Hogwarts, which is a very important interaction to make. Now, the reason why I am telling this to the whole school is because of two things. First, you may be able to go on this tip, also. If this works out and turns out to be a positive experience, we will do this every year with the Heads from both schools. And yes, there will be some students from Beauxbatons coming to stay at Hogwarts. But the other reason is, is that the end of this little experiment, all of the students year four and up will be coming to Hogwarts for a ball."

The hall started to buzz with excitement at the thought of dancing with all those foreign kids.

"Quiet down, please," said Dumbledore. "Now, I know that you're all tired, but I do wish to say one more thing. Quidditch will have to be held back this year, seeing as Mr. Potter is the Gryffindor Quidditch captain-"

The hall instantly booed and groaned.

"Now I don't want to hear all that much of a fuss. This really only effects the month of November, which is never all that great of a month for Quidditch anyway. Now, off to bed with you all!"

The sound of scraping chairs was heard all over the Hall as the students began talking excitedly about the future ball.

It looked like I was the only one not pleased about this.

James instantly ran over to me and threw his arms around me. "Wow, Lily, I can't even tell you how happy I am! Oh my gosh, this should be so fun! I can't wait until November!"

I nodded my head gloomily and pushed him away.

He ruffled his hair and said, "Hey, where are you going?" He quickly caught up with me and said, "All right, Evans?"

I shook my head as we exited the Hall. He slowed his walking to match mine and asked, "What's the matter? Why wouldn't you want to do this? I mean, I would think that you would love to go to a new school and all."

"Yeah," I said, agreeing. "But you're not my first choice of company."

I felt said company stop walking. I turned around to see one of the most hurt faces I had ever seen in my life. He looked like he was going to cry. "You- you really hate me that much? That . . . you hate me so much that even something you would love to do is horrible . . . just because I'm there?"

I realized the impact of my words and my face softened. "No, James, it's not that, it's just . . ."

"What is it then?" he asked. "You know, Evans, you really are incorrigible. All I have done to you in the past couple of years is try to be your friend. Sure, I ask you out like a fiend, but I do know that you can't have a relationship with someone if you don't even get along with him or her. I really don't want to give up on you, Evans, because this year-"

"Mr. Potter, Miss Evans, could I have a word?" said the voice of Professor Dumbledore. James turned around and saw Dumbledore standing behind him. James cleared his throat.

"Sure, Professor," he said.

He lead us through the hallway into one with almost no people in it. "I am guessing that your summers were good?"

"Just fine," James replied.

"Mine was horrible, actually," I said. "My sister got this horrid boyfriend and she had him over the house all the time. It was not fun."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure this trip will raise your spirits," Dumbledore smiled.

Soon, we were in a hallway that I knew lead us to the Headmaster's office. We rounded one more corner and we were standing in front of the big statue that symbolized Dumbledore.

"Crumb cakes," Dumbledore told the statue and it sprang to life, allowing us access to his room.

"Please, settle in," Dumbledore said, gesturing towards a couple of chairs placed in front of his desk. "We have a few things to discus. Now, to make things go faster, it would be better if you just let me talk and establish the rules with you. Well, actually, first I should tell you the password to the Heads' common room. The password is Fibble-Jinx, which you should change about once a month or so.

"Now, about the trip. I know that this year is N.E.W.T. year, and that you will be under a lot of stress for that. But I can assure you that Beauxbatons will do its best to prepare you for it while you are there. The students there also have to take the test, and they will be studying just as hard as you are.

"Surprisingly, it is an English speaking school, so you don't have to worry about learning French or anything like that. All of the books in their library are also in English, so you may find that useful in your stay.

"This is a cultural experience, and I do hope that you will write to the school in general once or twice a week while you are there. I won't read the letters to the students, because I'm afraid that they would probably find it terribly boring and they would probably rather be eating their dinner.

"Quidditch is another problem. You have a lot of responsibility this year, James. I dubbed you Head Boy with confidence in your ability. Please, don't back out of anything unless it is absolutely necessary. You are allowed to train your team before you leave and of course, when you come back. You may appoint a temporary captain if you want your team to train while you are gone. Also, there will be no games at Hogwarts or Beauxbatons during your absence.

"At Beauxbatons, you will get assignments and you are expected to complete them. I'm sorry if they assign you things we have not covered yet, and I'm sorry if they assign things to you that you really don't want to do, but you are representing our school. Please do your best.

"While you are there, you will be staying in their Heads' quarters, which is much more lavishly decorated than our own, I must say. Their whole school is a bit fancier than ours, but I'm sure that you will be able to find your way around.

"Now, do you have any questions?" Dumbledore finished.

"How's the food?" James asked.

Dumbledore chuckled and said, "In abundant supply, Mr. Potter. I'm sure you will be very well-fed."

"They won't, um, have a problem with me being there, will they? Me being Muggle-born and all . . ." I said nervously.

"No, not at all," Dumbledore said. "The reason why we did this program with Beauxbatons instead of Durmstrang was just that problem. Durmstrang is a very prejudice and proud school."

"Oh, and what kind of classes do they have there?" I asked.

"The same as we have here . . . but I can't assure either of you that you will be in classes together, unfortunately. When you get there, you will get a schedule. I'm pretty sure that they will be based on the classes you are currently taking, but they may have to make some changes to it. You could always talk to the Headmaster if you are having any trouble."

"Aren't there Veelas in Beauxbatons?" James asked.

Dumbledore smiled and replied, "There may be one or two, but I can't guarantee. Remember, Mr. Potter, personality, not looks."

James nodded and smiled.

"Now, I will let you two go to bed," Dumbledore said, standing up. "If you think of any more questions, I'm always here."

We nodded and said goodnight, leaving the Headmaster's office and heading for the Heads' common room.

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

A/N: I know, it was kind of boring. But I wanted to lay down the ground rules for the trip so I wouldn't have to mention it again and so it makes sense how they can just randomly leave school for a month. You know what I mean? Well, next chapter I want to have a fight with Lily and James (seeing as it will be the first time they will be alone, hehe) and the schedules and stuff like that. Should be a trip!

Till then!

R/R


-->