Unofficial Portkey Archive

Only Slightly Nauseating by Eternal Love LJ
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Only Slightly Nauseating

Eternal Love LJ

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything, and neither does anyone else on this bloody site. We all just find it amusing to make up stories about the fascinating characters JKR and others have created for our pleasure. Have a good day.

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

Only Slightly Nauseating

By: Eternal Love LJ

Chapter: 4

Title: Note Passing With Sirius Time

POV: Sirius

Word Count: 1018

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

I closed the doors to the school and breathed in a breath of fresh air. I smiled at the sky and skipped over to Professor Kettleburn's first class of the year. Me!

"Professor Kettleburn. Josh. How are yah doin'?" I asked. I took a seat down in the grass, waiting a perfect class.

"Well, Sirius, you are my only student in this class this year, so I guess we can do whatever you want," Kettleburn said.

"I want you to enrich my life with knowledge of the most fearsome creatures in the world. I want to shiver myself to sleep at night, thinking of your words. I want this class to affect my life in the best possible way, but scar my brain forever. Teach me, Kettleburn! Teach me!"

Professor Kettleburn scratched his beard and said, "Sure, Black. Let me go get my book."

We spent the rest of the period discussing the fascinating lives of Erklings.

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

"How was Potions?" I asked James as we sat down in Transfiguration. "Care of Magical Creatures was just a blast! Did you know that Erklings like to eat children? They can get killed if you hit them hard enough over the head with a cauldron, though. That's really good stuff to know when you're six and getting attacked by them."

"It sure is, Padfoot. I'll be sure to remember that when I'm six again," James said.

Professor McGonagall walked out of her closet and sat at the chair behind her desk. "Welcome to N.E.W.T. level Transfiguration," she said. "You have made it a long way, and I am proud of each and every one of you."

Looking around the room, I noticed that there were only ten kids in the whole class. All of the seventh year Gryffindors, and Morpheus Byer and Orpheus Harris, two Ravenclaw boys.

"This year, you will be put to the absolute test. Your Transfiguration this year will have to be of one of your highest priorities if you plan on doing well on this section of the N.E.W.T."

Her speech was boring me beyond words, so I took out my wand and started twirling it between my fingers. I gave a huge yawn and leaned back in my chair. I looked down at my school bag and took out a piece of paper and a quill with ink.

Prongs, talk to me.

I handed the little piece of parchment to my left where James was. He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

No, I can't. I have to pay attention.

No, you don't, you fag. This is Note Passing With Sirius Time. There is no time better and there is no other time.

I'm the fag? No, really, Pads, I have to pay attention in class this year. I don't have any other time to read notes and stuff.

Who are you?

We'll be able to hang out and talk tonight and tomorrow during Full Moon.

I don't want to wait that long!

You just spent the whole entire summer with me and you're complaining because of one day without me?

You complete me.

Right. And I'm the fag.

At least I'm not the one with an elephant collection.

At least I don't have a Muggle stamp collection.

"Mr. Potter! Mr. Black! Do you understand the importance of knowing about Animagi?"

"Yes," we both answered truthfully.

"Alright then," she said, walking over to us. "Tell me; do you choose what animal you turn into?"

"No," James replied. "You turn into the animal that matches your personality best."

"And for the process to be legal, what steps do you have to take?"

"You have to contact the Ministry of Magic and inform them of what you are doing. Then, once the process (which is long and hard and complicated) is complete, you then have to tell the Ministry your individual 'sign', you might want to call it, and then they record it down with all of the other Animagi."

McGonagall nodded slowly and said, "And what animal do you think you would be, Mr. Black?"

"A dog," I said confidently. "Because I love to play!"

Everyone laughed a little and she said, "Okay, and Mr. Potter?"

"A stag," James replied, "Because I'm just so sweet."

"Well," McGonagall said, "You seem to know Animagi better than the other things we focus on in class."

She walked back to the front of the room and I sighed, crumpling up our note and muttering, "Evanesco."

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

"I wish that Flitwick didn't give us any homework," I said as the Marauders sat down by the fire in the Gryffindor common room. "Then I'd have no homework and I could think about Full Moon."

"I can't do any of the homework tonight," James said. "I have to make this stupid chart for the Prefects then I have patrol for two bloody hours. Two hours! Who the hell thought of the idea to make two people walk around in circles for two hours! Every night! I don't know why Dumbledore thought I could do this. Or why he thought I would want to do this. I hate this. I hate this so much."

Just as James was finishing his rant, the Gryffindor girls walked in. "That's not what you said last night, Potter," Lily said.

As the girls walked up the stairs to their dorm, James smacked his hand down on the table. "Damn! She wasn't supposed to hear me say that!"

"Why not?" Remus asked. "Why would she think any differently?"

"Oh, I made a huge deal out of it last night about how no one can think I can do this and how it's not true and how I can deal with it all. Bull shit, it was."

"Have you asked Evans out this year yet?" I asked. "Maybe that would help if she said yes."

James pondered this for a second. "No, I haven't asked her yet. Maybe I should."

"Maybe you should," I said more firmly.

"I think I will. Tonight during patrol."

"Like it really matters when and where," Remus said. "That stopped mattering in third year."

"Oh, shut up," James said.

[.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.] [.-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --.]

A/N: This one was shorter than the others . . . but I think it's just fine. I wanted to make a loose chapter.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that was right about the Animagi stuff. Point it out if I said anything incorrectly! Thanks.

R/R!


-->