Unofficial Portkey Archive

Finding Father by Ancient Werewolf
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Finding Father

Ancient Werewolf

Chapter Twenty-Two - The Interrogation

We were taken to the Ministry of Magic by Apparition. It was much more uncomfortable than what I remembered. We arrived to a Muggle-looking neighborhood, and then went into a phone booth, which ended up being a lift that took us underground.

Uncle Ron had a scowl on his face, while Luna was frowning and glaring at the Aurors. I knew I looked as furious as I felt.

The place where we stood was a long corridor, with fireplaces lined up on both walls. At the end of the hall, there was a counter, then doors and more lifts.

They took us through a corridor, and then we were taken through three separate doors. I didn't see either of them for a while. But I got to see two Aurors. One was Auror Tonks, and the other one was a tall dark skinned man. "Hello, Mr Granger," he said, his voice deep. "I'm Auror Shacklebolt."

"I want to see my uncle," I said, glaring at the man.

"You'll see him later," he said. "Now we want you to answer some questions." I shrugged, and sat back in the chair. The room was small, with a table and three chairs. It looked a lot like a Muggle interrogation room. "What do you think of Ronald Weasley?"

"He's my guardian, my uncle, and he's the best person in the world," I replied, looking defiantly at the man. Behind him, Auror Tonks smiled. And it made me feel less angry that she was there, because I knew she was on my uncle's side.

Auror Shacklebolt nodded. "Has he ever made you drink something that you didn't like?" he asked awkwardly, as if not wanting to do so.

I frowned. "If you are asking me if he ever offered alcohol to me, then the answer is, obviously, no. I'm not stupid," I spat. "I wouldn't want Uncle Ron to be my guardian if he wasn't a good person!"

Both adults were looking at me in surprise, as if not expecting me to explode like I did.

Feeling brave, I hit the table with my fist. "And where's my mother's cat?" I demanded.

-

Notes: A tiny bit of humor, maybe not even noticeable. :P But since more angst is on the way...
Story status: I'm already at chapter 30. There are two more chapters in the list, but I'm not sure it fits with the end. I'll see, when the time comes.